SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Annesj: Serax (Oxazepam)

Annesj

Moderator note: link to benzo forum thread - Annesj: Tapering Z drug

Hi. I find this forum and site very informativ. I have a question about Serax. Im off since 8 weeks.I had interdose w/d before tapering. It was horrible while tapering with very many w/d symtoms by the book... also after tha last cut. Its a bit better since 4 weeks but I still suffer from anxeity and Im also depressed now, some dizzines too (not often) . My question is

Is it possible that this is w/d fron Serax? It was just on 20-25 mg per day. I take Zopiclone for sleep, I was afraid it was them causing it, but havnt had problems before with Z and strangely enough the anxeity dissapeard after 8 pm (guess that would not be it if it was Z. It has been so for two weeks. Could it be waves "by the clock"? Most of the other horrible symtoms is gone, but depression is there.

Edited by Shep
added username to title, added link to benzo forum thread

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Oxazepam (Serax) May 2017- sept 2018. Jumped up and down 20-25 mg, started to have interdose w/d in Jan 2018.

Tapered out Oxazepam (a bit fast by first 50 % then 25%) from 30 july 2018, stopped oct 14, 2018. Felt awfull, many w/d symtoms. Eased up slowly. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

From about 12.5 mg usually (some nights 12 mg)

Tapering : 9 dec - 26 dec 11 mg

27 dec - - 10 mg

Having anxiety day time and depression (almost the other horrible w/d from Oxazepam is gone). Anxeity comes around noon and go away at around 8 pm that was the pattern before tapering Z. 

Take Magnesium citrat 120 mg

Ecitalopram 2016 about 7 month, and 2017 may-oct 2017.

Lyrica sept 2016-january 2017. No w/d when CT. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Annesj. 

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. 

Please note I moved your post from the Benzo Forum to the Main Intro forum. It's best for you to have a main intro thread before starting a benzo thread so we can find out more information, such as if you are taking any other drugs or supplements. 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please note that while Zopiclone is not a benzodiazepine, it does affect GABA in a similar way as a benzo, so some of your symptoms may be related to the Z-drug. You could also be getting some paradoxical and / or rebound symptoms. 

As you provide more information, we will be better able to advise you.  Please continue to use this thread to document your symptoms and to ask questions. 

On 12/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, Shep said:

Hi, Annesj. 

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. 

Please note I moved your post from the Benzo Forum to the Main Intro forum. It's best for you to have a main intro thread before starting a benzo thread so we can find out more information, such as if you are taking any other drugs or supplements. 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please note that while Zopiclone is not a benzodiazepine, it does affect GABA in a similar way as a benzo, so some of your symptoms may be related to the Z-drug. You could also be getting some paradoxical and / or rebound symptoms. 

As you provide more information, we will be better able to advise you.  Please continue to use this thread to document your symptoms and to ask questions. 

Hi. Ive got this answer about two times in my email. I have create a signature! I dont know what more to do? I would really like to post as Im withdrawal. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Oxazepam (Serax) May 2017- sept 2018. Jumped up and down 20-25 mg, started to have interdose w/d in Jan 2018.

Tapered out Oxazepam (a bit fast by first 50 % then 25%) from 30 july 2018, stopped oct 14, 2018. Felt awfull, many w/d symtoms. Eased up slowly. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

Having anxiety day time and depression (almost the other horrible w/d from Oxazepam is gone). Anxeity comes around noon and go away at around 8 pm that was the pattern before tapering Z. 

I have create a signature. Is anything wrong? Thank you

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
47 minutes ago, Annesj said:

I have create a signature. Is anything wrong? Thank you

Thank you for creating your signature, Annesj. Please note that creating or editing a signature doesn't move your thread up in the queue or send an email or notification to your followers letting them know. For that, you need to make a post in your thread. 

Since benzodiazpines and zopiclon are your only drugs, please go ahead and start a benzo forum thread. You can use your benzo forum thread to ask benzodiazepine-related  questions and continue to use your main forum thread here for questions about supplements and for general support (more people read the main intro threads than the benzo thread so you'll likely get more responses for general support here). 

The benzo forum is here:

Benzo tapering and recovery

Also, please edit your signature as follows:

1. Add the month and year you started taking Zopiclone (right now it has the relative time frame of "4 years")

2. Add the dose you started on for the Oxazepam and the dose you were on when finished your taper (this will let us know how fast your taper was).

Reinstating the Oxazepam is risky since you've been off it for about 4 months. However, you may find some relief for the daytime anxiety and depression by spacing out the Zopiclone. Once you get set up in the benzo forum, we can go over your options.

Oh sorry, saw this now. I know I have a hard time finding out how to do. Now I dont find where to modify my signature. I was on 2.5 mg Oxazepam for 5 weeks then jumped sept 10, 2018. I know I went to fast by increasing with 25%. 

Im so afraid that if I split up Z during day (then it will be a small dose left for night) that I will be awake for many nights. And then the body will collapse. 

Would it be okey to just take 3.25 mg at noon (or less) and then stick to "the rest of the dose" at night about 11 pm? That would be 7.5 mg 11 pm. I think this is really a mess Im in.. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Annesj said:

Oh sorry, saw this now. I know I have a hard time finding out how to do. Now I dont find where to modify my signature.

Here is a direct link to your signature:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

1 hour ago, Annesj said:

Im so afraid that if I split up Z during day (then it will be a small dose left for night) that I will be awake for many nights. And then the body will collapse. 

Would it be okey to just take 3.25 mg at noon (or less) and then stick to "the rest of the dose" at night about 11 pm? That would be 7.5 mg 11 pm. I think this is really a mess Im in.. 

I don't think you've had time to see my latest post in your benzo thread, so let me link that for you:

Annesj: Tapering Z drug

Go ahead and updose to 12.5 mg (explained in that post) and also try some of the non-drug coping skills I posted. The goal is to updose and hold for a week to get some stability and to bring in some coping strategies during the day to help with the daytime symptoms. 

Since you're sleeping 6 hours a night, I hear your hesitation and fear about not sleeping, so let's try this and see if you can stabilize. 

Please post your thoughts in your benzo thread and we'll come up with a game plan that you're comfortable with over the coming days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, Shep said:

Im worried! What happend last night with schills and some strange kind of panicattack in bed, have made me afraid of taking Z dose again. I understand that I must... I dont know what paradoxial symtoms is or rebound and dont find facts about it?

Im not sure if Zopiclone had "started to work",I took it the same time as night before, when this happend last night. Is it dangerous to take Z if thats what happend? I dont know what to do? 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, Annesj said:

I dont know what paradoxial symtoms is or rebound and dont find facts about it?

It could be either, as benzos and z-drugs are notorious for causing these types of symptoms. 

This could be due to interdose withdrawal symptoms, which we discussed in your benzo thread. 

19 hours ago, Annesj said:

Im not sure if Zopiclone had "started to work",I took it the same time as night before, when this happend last night. Is it dangerous to take Z if thats what happend? I dont know what to do? 

Please continue to take the same dose of the z-drug at the same time of the day. 

Please post questions about your z-drug taper in your benzo thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

First if all I wish you a happy new year 🌍  

I  hold 11 mg for 12 days and the last two days Ive taken about 9.5 mg (I write "about" because I have no scale, I ordered one it arriwed  yesterday and it was broken)  :(.

Im not sure,  knock on wood, but I feel that my tinnitus have eased up, so its longer between, mabye a bit weaker too. This last three days (11 mg tapering for 12 days and 9.5 mg for two days now) I think my depression also eased up. Ofcourse I have had windows before, tapering Oxascand but when I look in my notebook I see that three days hasnt happen there was always a bad day between . I have other symtoms like pain, insomnia and an episod yesterday evening of feeling a bit low and intrusive thought about feeling guilty for things happend before in my life

Ive read somewhere that people feel better when lowering dose Z? It was not true about Oxazepam but  I reduce 

with 50 % not knowing better.. . Perhaps with Zopiclone its like that for some? 

I guess I will have to cut with my racorblade and eyeball as the scale is not awailable. Ive read that many cut 1/4 when cutting. Anyway I cant get the exact milligrams and hope that will work? 

Tomorrow its new years eve. Havnt figured out how to do.. I take my Z about 10.30-11.15 pm. It want be possible as from all new years rockets.

Ps dont know why you where tagged (@...) above, cant take it away,  Done

Edited by ChessieCat
removed @ name

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

So today I dont feel so good, I feel low. Im so tired of this. I know its not linear. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I havnt written for a whole, but Ive read facts on the forum. I havnt had to much energy either. 
I started taper 9 of dec 1 month now, 1.5 tablet, then after 13 days and the dose I take now, its 1.45 tablet. I have no scale it was broken when it arriwed but I try to do exact the same doses.
Im just worried now because instead of feeling better I feel worse (after 12 days on the same dose). How is that possible? Isnt staying on the same dose mean being stable after this time?
The night before this I was awake all night, but slept this night. So some night s this smaller dose make fall alsepp (not tolerant then?).
I have, dont know the exact word in english, inner vibrations, feel like a zombie, as I havnt slept, more pain and overall feeling not well. Depression has been there almost every day since. Before I had some days with no depressed feelings.
I would be so gratefull to get help  sort this out as I dont understand this. Its after all very small cuts.

I feel like giving up on this. 
Thank you

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Annesj, 

I don’t have the cognitive ability to read through your thread, but I just wanted to say I’m sorry that you are going through this. 

Could you please update your signature so we can see how you’ve been doing since 2017. Thanks so much. 

I get inner vibrations like you too. Depression can definitely be something most of us go through with withdrawals, as the meds affect our brains. We will all heal one day though, it’s just a long and slow process, sending hugs🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Thanks Carmie 🌷 

I m not good at the tecnique on this forum. Is my signature goone? When I hit the Edit (first page) its about gender, country etc but I dont find my medical signature that I filled in when I join. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Annesj said:

Thanks Carmie 🌷 

I m not good at the tecnique on this forum. Is my signature goone? When I hit the Edit (first page) its about gender, country etc but I dont find my medical signature that I filled in when I join. 

Hi again Annesj, 

Thank you for the beautiful flower emoji. I love nature and flowers. Big nature lover here. 🌸🌼🌻🌺🥀🌹🌷💐

I’m not computer savvy myself and am only working from my iPad. I’ll get ChessieCat to send you the link to your signature when she’s able to. I can’t send links. The signature only allows you to have so many lines so you may have to rearrange a few things. I’ll get ChessieCat to explain. 

I am really sorry you are going through this. It’s such a hard thing we are all going through. So you’re from Sweden? I’ve seen so many beautiful photos of Sweden, it must be a beautiful place to live. I lived in Germany for a little while when I was a teenager. I was born in Germany, but we migrated to Australia when I was about five. 

Anne, we will win this journey, it might take a while, but slow and steady does it. 💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Carmie I did some change now in my signature. But I dont know what more to change about 2017. Im tapering Zopiclone, and its hard. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

No worries Anne, 

Are you able to put in that you started tapering in the 9th of December and how you went down to 1.5mg, and that you’re now down to 1.45mg. Please put in dates, it makes it easier to see what you’ve been doing at a glance, thank you.

If you can’t fit it all in into your signature just delete the information pertaining to the Vitamin D and the probiotics, and the stopping of the multivitamins.

Don’t stress about it though. Everything when going through withdrawals seems sooooo overwhelming p, and then when we have to deal with technology on top of it, it sometimes feels more overwhelming. Just do things in your own time. We will get there💚

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Is it okey now? 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

Ive change my signature, is it okey now? 

As you see I have done two small cuts since dec 9. Its strange, because some nights i do sleep on the lower dose (some not). Yesterday was not a good day even if I slept. Terrible pain (exept for my fibromyalgi) feeling wierd and zombilike and so on. I guess its a bit better today. I did a small tiny change in Zop cut last night it was like between 10 and 9.5 mg it was so tiny. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
27 minutes ago, Annesj said:

Ive change my signature, is it okey now? 

As you see I have done two small cuts since dec 9. Its strange, because some nights i do sleep on the lower dose (some not). Yesterday was not a good day even if I slept. Terrible pain (exept for my fibromyalgi) feeling wierd and zombilike and so on. I guess its a bit better today. I did a small tiny change in Zop cut last night it was like between 10 and 9.5 mg it was so tiny. 

I received your PM and answered this question in your benzo thread.

Please continue asking questions related to your Zopiclone in your benzo thread, which is here:

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, Anne, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi. 

Im not soo good. Dont know if its a depression or my taper. Ive had  depression before in my life, not severe ones. Im scared of taking ssri or SNRI as Ive had trombotic angiopathy so I thought I should try SJW. I must do something, cant be/feel like this. It helped a bit when I took a bit of the night dose, daytime, did so for about 3 weeks. But I dont think that was wise, because now it dont help no almost the opposite. 

Zopiclon 2013 and still. 

Tapering Zopiclone.

27 dec - - 10 mg

• Administrator

Where are you with your tapering? What drugs are you taking now, what dosages, what times of day?

Are these thoughts the same kind of thoughts you had before you tried psychiatric drugs?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.