• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat

Yes cross tapering and bridging are interchangeable terms for changing from one AD to another.  The term drug switch is also used. 

You might also come across the term cross over.  Here at SA we use the term cross over  when changing form of the drug (eg tablet to liquid), not changing to a different drug.

NEW!!!     INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder    NEW!!! 

Plodding along inch by inch:  12" = 1',  3' =  36 " or 1 yard,  1760 yards  = 63,360" or 1 mile

Current from 17 Apr 2021:  Pristiq 0.2665mg  now holding each dose for 3 weeks

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My tapering program   My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)  My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• Shanti

• jr1985

• Andie

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question.   I have read that with most ADs, you should wait a minimum of 3 weeks before making the next cut. With Prozac, you might want to wait a minimum of 4 weeks.   Personally, I exp

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Dubcity said:

Hey guys is cross tapering and bridging the same thing? I’m having a hard time understanding. Thanks

would it look like this going from 10mg of celexa to Prozac? 
week 1 7.5 mg celexa plus 5 mg Prozac 

week 2 5mg celexa plus 10 mg Prozac 

week 3 2.5 mg celexa plus 15 mg Prozac 

week 4 stop celexa and go to 20 mg Prozac 

I have responded to your second question in your Introduction topic here:

dubcity-about-to-start-celexa-taper

And for the information of members reading here, replacing 10mg Celexa (citalopram) with 20mg Prozac (fluoxetine) would probably be way too high a dose.

From https://ahpnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Switching-Scenarios.pdf

20mg citalopram = 20mg fluoxetine

Edited by ChessieCat

NEW!!!     INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder    NEW!!! 

Plodding along inch by inch:  12" = 1',  3' =  36 " or 1 yard,  1760 yards  = 63,360" or 1 mile

Current from 17 Apr 2021:  Pristiq 0.2665mg  now holding each dose for 3 weeks

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My tapering program   My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)  My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy