Nic1974

Help!  

Was taken off 15mg after 6.5 weeks by Dr . Will have been off 7 weeks on Monday. Had burning in feet & legs was given antitrypiline. It gave me massive headache only took it once. Is it too late to try to reinstate Mirt? 

🌼Nic1974

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Nic1974.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.

A few questions: Why did the doctor take you off the Mirt?  Was the burning in feet and legs while you were on the drug or after you went off?  Did you taper or cold-turkey the Mirt?  Are there other symptoms and did you have them when on the Mirt or when you went off the drug?

After you've answered the questions and completed your signature, we can talk about reinstatement.

Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

I have had a terrible 2 years. I lost a family member.  I also had been very stressed at work & sadly did not take steps to address it & soldiered on until I had a breakdown & went on the sick in August this year. I was having palpatations & could hear my heart beat in my head. I had to be taken to Dr as I was so unwell.  I was given proprananol 40mg & took them for a few weeks. I was directed to take them up to 3 times a day. I mostly took 2 occasionally 3.  I was not sleeping very well & ended up having a massive panic attack. I went back to Dr & was given sertraline for a few days which i had a bad reaction to (ringing in ears & bad headache) & was told to stop. I was also given 2mg diazapam to calm me. I was very low. One week later (beg of Sept) I was given mirtazapine 15mg. I slept 1st night but struggled after this. I was told it would take time to work. I was given zopclone which i only took a couple of times. I was having palpatations & a very dry mouth. I also went though phases of feeling unable to sit still & feeling very anxious. I was put up to 30mg after a couple of weeks but my heart beat out of my chest. I was so frightened i stopped taking them for a night. I went back to Dr & he told me to go back down to 15mg. I started to have burning feeling in feet GP said it was anxiety. I had diazepam 2mg to help calm me. After 6 weeks I was not doing great. I had calmed down but was still not sleeping well. I was told as as ihad not been on them for long & was on a low dose to take 7.5mg for a week & then stop. I was not too bad at first but had slight burning in feet . I still took diazepam to help me sleep.  I went back to Dr & was given amitrypine as Dr said it would help calm thing but only took 1 as it made things worse.  Now 7 weeks on burning is worse & have headaches & slight burning in my back & weird feeling in my mouth. I also have gurgling stomach & bad  constipation. I still have a few diazepam 2mg which help me calm & sleep but only have a few left. I do not know what to do for the best. I am seeing Dr next week. I know my CNS has had a battering but I have been in such a bad place that i went along with Dr. I had 15mg Mirtazapine tablets. I would not be able to have liquid or soluable tablets. I am scared they will try & put me on more meds.

🌼Nic1974