SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Eleonor: Help with Effexor micro tapering please

Eleonor

This is my first time here , I am glad I found this page ...  I am on Effexor 75mg dropping into 37.5mg since May until now I am taking it very slow since my system nervous is so sensitive .

Now I am stuck how to drop from 37.5mg to nothing, I have try to come off before but my withdrawal are really really bad causing me suicidal thought and a terrible insomnia 

PLEASE PLEAS COULD ANYBODY GIVE ME AN ADVISE HOW TO REDUCE MY DOSE VERY SLOWLY AND MICRO TAPER WAY?

I appoligise about my English my first language is Spanish .

All the best to every body here.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Eleonor: Help with Effexor micro tapering please
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Eleonar and welcome to SA,

Did you reduce from 75mg straight to 37.5mg?  If so, how have you been feeling during that time?  Have things improved?  What are your current symptoms?  What symptoms have improved?

When we take the drug away too quickly we can experience withdrawal symptoms.  Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

If you are still experiencing withdrawal symptoms we usually recommend holding for longer until you are more stable.  However, sometimes it doesn't mean you have no symptoms at all - see Withdrawal Normal Description

Please also check out these topics:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

SA recommends tapering by no more than 10% of the previous dose followed by a hold of about 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.  Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

This topic explains how to get the doses you require:  Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

Please create a drug signature using the following format:

Please make it nice and simple by following these instructions (NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you):

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Once we have the additional information we will be better able to offer suggestions.

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management