SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ a99: can I still heal with all this stress ?

16 months off , cold turkey .

Although some sypmtoms began progressing slowly , other ones are just getting worse : constant anxiety , monsterous irritability ( even the sound of a door opening drives me crazy ) and this triggers physical symptoms ( severe head pressure most of the time ) .

I'm right now dealing with so many stressors and I know this has a huge impact on recovery , I constantly doubt if my mind  can ever heal with my   unmeasurable anxiety and the  never stopping surges of stress hormones :(

Is there hope ?  can the brain still heal with so much stress and anxiety ? 

Edited by Shep
fixed title (got mistakenly changed when I merged a post into the thread)

On and off prozac from 2010 -2014 .

Several failed fast tapers and reinstatements .

Cold turkey : March  2014 .

-----------------------------------------

took lysanxia 40 mg a day for almost a year
november -14- 2018 weaned to 30 mg
november -26- 2018 weaned to 20 mg
symptoms that got better : fatigue
current symptoms : severe anxiety
one rescue dose (10 mg ) december -15 -2018
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a99

• scallywag

• Shep

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it can, i think that coping with stress and anxiety being drug-free will make you stronger and it will be easier and easier over time.

Of course given that your withdrawal symptoms are mild enough for you to cope with that amount of stress.

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

Do you mean stress from these symptoms or from the outside, like tension in a relationship?

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Theon thnx for the reply .

Meimeiquest :  I mean from the symptoms themselves . eg : irritability : simple things that would cause mild or no anxiety at all with a normal person drive me crazy ! 

Yes, you can and will heal. Lots of people have made it through this. Try reading the pinned topics that look like they might apply to you. I am like that with even tiny dosage drops, to say nothing of a ct!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering about stress and healing as well. I have a HUGE amount of stress in that my marriage is about over, I have continuing issues with my alcoholic/codependent family. And now I have all of these symptoms from going off my pooped out sertraline. I just read Matt Samet's book "Death Grip" and he urges people in withdrawal to not overstress their already delicate phsyche. I feel as if I will be imprinting negativity onto my brain for the rest of my life. Like the brain of an abused baby or something.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome a99,

I moved your topic from the symptoms section to an introduction/update thread of its own. This way more people will notice it, and you can maintain your own journal. You can use this thread to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

You will recover from withdrawal syndrome, even if you have a lot of stress, it may take some time though.

The best I can offer by way of advice is to listen to your body and avoid those things that set off symptoms as much as possible. Many people find  fish oil and magnesium helpful, see King of Supplements: Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil) and Magnesium, Nature's Calcium Channel Blocker

Edited to add: here are a couple of stress related topics:

Stress - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving Antidepressants

Reframe stress to become more resilient - Symptoms and ...

Petunia.

Edited by Petunia
added links

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

did you have problems with lack of libido and emotional blunting while on prozac? do you still have them?

and why did you start taking prozac? was it more for anxiety or for depression?

About me ------------------------ College student with a history of anxiety, excessive worrying and health anxiety.

April 2014 - May 2015----------    Prozac 20mg On and Off.  Second time on it I developed apathy, changes in personality, asexuality.

May 2015  -   July 2015-----------------  Tappering off prozac. Still no feelings,anhedonia, apathy, no libido, asexuality.

Current symptoms--------  pssd (asexuality in my case). Anxiety and depression developed some months afer stopping prozac, could have been caused by obsessing and beating myself up too much when I found myself unable to like girls again. The best thing to do with pssd (which in my case is asexuality) is accept it and move on.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a strong headache and I'm 17 months off ADs , I want to take tylenol ( paracetamol ) for a couple of weeks .

Is that safe ?  wouldn't that impact the recovery process or the seretonin system ? 

• Moderator Emeritus

I've merged this topic with your main introduction thread.  Please use the search function in the Symptoms and self-care forum.  There are many conversations that mention using tylenol.  Thanks.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Administrator

It's not a good idea to take Tylenol for a couple of weeks unless you really, really need it for a serious illness.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...

18 months off and feeling terrible . the weakness is crashing , my mental state is horrifying .

the last 2 months were utter hell .

most people turn the corner this far out , I feel like i keep getting worse .

I don't know what to do  :(  

• Administrator

Very sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. We have many people here who took quite a long time to recover.

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Your still quite early days you'll get there..your strong x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm improving , I can feel it , it's just going INCREDIBLY slowly . is it always gonna be like this? or It will accelerate as the time goes by ?

I don't know for how long I can take it , I'm still in GREAT pain !

I joined med school last year , and I couldn't pass  because of the crashing fatigue and my impaired memory .

This year I risk being expelled if I don't pass . I can't decide whether to delay my studies or take the risk because honestly there's no guarantee that I get better by the 2  years off frame  :(

I'm so confused and scared !

• Moderator Emeritus

I so wish I could wave some magic wand sometimes.......make it all better.

All I can offer is look around the site here..........I have found so many invaluable resources that have helped.  To change the old stress patterns is what I mean......or autonomic nervous system snafu that seems to be a huge factor.  To change it from different angles and such.

I hope you can make a decision, either way.........you get to decide.  I do imagine that medical school is about quite a bit of memorizing, as well as understanding the stuff you must memorize.  And so........I mean, I hear you......... and also commend you.........for the trying.  I hope you find that space today.........that precious in between everything space that brings peace.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator

a99, yes, healing can be very slow and frustrating. See The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

You might find acupuncture or even physical therapy to be helpful for physical pain.

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey A99 - how you going?  Have you tried magnesium and/or fish oil?

How are you?

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Manymoretodays : thank you for your encouraging words , wishing you all the healing .

Alto : thank you so  much for your help .

JanCarol : my main symptom currently is head pressure , It brings other  symptoms with it : insomnia , brain fog  etc 

but it's getting better  , it comes in waves , and every wave is less painful , I'm hopeful .

I haven't taken any supplements as I'm scared of  bad reactions , but I eat fish weekly as recommended , I hope this provides me with some amount of the good fatty acids ?

Besides ,  I still obsess about everything I ingest , I know it's ridiculous but I'm even concerned about having a gum with menthol flavor , is it an alcohol ? can I take it ?  :unsure:

bump  :(

• Administrator

I don't believe we'd be able to answer every question you might have when you obsess over what you might ingest. Please go to our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/and use search to find discussions of particular ingredients, or start a topic there to discuss them.

Google is always good for those odd questions, too.

If you're afraid of gum, perhaps you should stay away from it.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm improving , I can feel it , it's just going INCREDIBLY slowly . is it always gonna be like this? or It will accelerate as the time goes by ?

I don't know for how long I can take it , I'm still in GREAT pain !

I joined med school last year , and I couldn't pass  because of the crashing fatigue and my impaired memory .

This year I risk being expelled if I don't pass . I can't decide whether to delay my studies or take the risk because honestly there's no guarantee that I get better by the 2  years off frame  :(

I'm so confused and scared !

A99,

This post I found interesting because it starts so positive and ends so negative.

Your gut is telling you that you are healing. It's not happening fast enough but it never does. Key fact is you are healing.

If you are sensing healing now, you will undoubtedly be better 2 years from now then you are now. As good as you want? Nobody can tell you that. But better. With that in mind, if you can take a ,eave for a while from med school it would probably not be the worst idea (without knowing other factors that might be at play). Med school is hard enough with a clear head and I would thing the mental energy expended on that endeavor would be better spent right now on healing.

Nobody can tell you what to do with regard to that decision, but long term health trumps earlier becoming a doctor every time for me.

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• 2 weeks later...

19 months off : worst symptoms are severe head pressure and the full head feeling 

awful enough to make me dysfunctional

some days bring some relief but it's sooo slow

I hope the next few months change somethings for me  :(

Eventually you will be as good as you want.Ive read many stories on this website where someone gets little to no improvement within the first 2 years and than bam healing accelerates! Check it out. Read through the recovery stories.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

If I can tolerate sugar ( added ) and caffeine , would it be ok to take them in moderation ?

Or would cutting them off speed up the recovery ? 

• Moderator Emeritus

I moved your post here, to your Intro topic. This is the place for those "what should I do?" questions. Please bookmark it or follow it so you can find it again.

If sugar and caffeine in moderation don't seem to increase your symptoms, then they are probably fine. Not everyone needs to give up these things. Its a matter of finding out what works best for you and if you enjoy a little sugar and the occasional drink with caffeine and they are not making you feel worse, then it doesn't make sense to deny yourself this pleasure.

Usually, the way to know if something is possibly slowing recovery is the effect is has on your symptoms. If it makes you feel worse, in other words, increases withdrawal symptoms, then its not good for you at this time.

Sometimes its a matter of degree, a little sugar is fine, but have too much and symptoms flare up for a few days, this is what I've found.

Also see:  Caffeine in coffee or tea: Tolerance issues

Edited by Petunia
added link

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I think caffeine can effect people differently. Trial and error id say. If an occasional coffee or tea doesn't bother you than go for it. However if you get shaky and feel bad than you know it's not yet the right time to introduce caffeine back.I think in withdrawal this method applies to everything. Food, exercise, supplements and stimulating things. Go slow see how you react.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey A99 - it sounds like you would really benefit from epsom salts baths, or even foot soak.

Then you don't have to eat the magnesium, it enters your body through your skin, and you will only take in as much as your body needs.

It is very effective with pain, tension, and anxiety.  

I'm sorry this is so difficult for you.  It does get better.  Be kind to yourself, gentle to yourself, like you would a child or a puppy.  It is hard to be competent and ambitious when your nervous system is still "offline."  Do good things for yourself.  Can you do gentle exercise?  I am working on slowly building up stamina again; sometimes it is very hard.  But it helps to be persistent, and gentle.  

And always remember:  it is getting better!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your replies . It's been 3 days now I've been taking magnesium pidolate and I will be increasing it gradually . I couldn't find epsom salts without B vitamins in them do I think I will try the B vitamins first to make sure i'm not sensitive .

Here's an update :

20 and a half months :

Every single symptom is improving   . I now no longer doubt that my system is healing even though it's a VERY slow process . Every week is noticeably better than the last , maybe not as fast as I want but enough to keep me going .

Worst symptom is head pressure and weird feelings in head , somedays they are still unbearable but even on those most painful days I can feel it's getting better , very very slowly .

When the pressure gets better , I can feel normal emtions again and my learning skills and memory come back for a very short while ,.Actually when the pressure gets better I see glimpses of the old me , feelings I didn't know for years .

So now I'm SURE I will make a full recovery some day , maybe I still have a very long way to go but I will be the exact old me one day . I never had this confidence even a few months ago , I thought I changed forever .

• Moderator Emeritus

Great post, a99.  I have a strong feeling that our fearless leader might be around to pin the old sun next to your name!

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Very happy to hear your improvements a99!

Since prozac was my drug, I really like when someone that was on prozac is doing better, it makes me more hopeful about my future!

Awesome post! Its only gonna get better from hear. You must have turned a corner! I bet by summertime you will be a different person

• Administrator

Very happy to hear you're doing better. I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol

to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

• Moderator Emeritus

So, so happy for you.... :):P:D:lol:

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your encouragement  :wub:

Healing continues , I'm so thankful . Some days are still extremely hard though  :(

I really hope I can start the omega 3 and absorbable magnesium but since I can't find them without B vitamins I was thinking to try the B group gradually to make sure I'm not sensitive the way many people in WD are . So what dose do you recommend starting with ? Knowing that my diet is quite high in B vitamins ( I eat red meat / fish everyday + dry fruits + beans and dairy )

• Administrator

Good idea to try B vitamins separately. I would try a small chip of a B vitamin supplement for a few days first, then gradually larger amounts.