Bibi: went off venlaflaxine

Bibi

I full stopped on september with venlaflaxin and in almost 3 months I been having the worst withdrawals down my broken cns ...  now I’m on 75 mg venlaflaxin again , yes I had to reinstall, and i was broken to take it again but my nerves and everything was so bad .. in the start I did start very slow with only 6 beads in hope that it would work so I didn’t had to go all the way up again  I tryed up til 40 beads with 37,5mg and it didn’t work :(  so yes now I’m on 75  mg I been talking my normal dose for 5 days now .. when will it work full again? It have been a lil better but the mornings can still be so bad that my dad have to carry me out of bed almost , will it go back and get me stabil? I want it to work so I can tap after some months slow .. I’m just worried that I have broken some nerves or anything permanent ?:/ 
I lost 6 kilo and still have a hard time to eat .. I do take vitamin d and fish olie and vitamin c 
And I have to take a oxapax on the side so I don’t get burning in my body and the small withdrawals I still have back .. I hope they go away ????? I’m scared of sleeping and won’t wake up again? I know my anxiety and cns have made it worse and I can feel after been goin trough this I’m gettin a depression to 😕

i been taking venlaflaxin for 8 years and have been up to 225 mg but went down ..

I know it’s a big no no to make the full stop but I tryed with 75mg every second day my doctor told me to do it like that and that didn’t work .. so I just stopped full 😕 

my English is not that good so hope you all understand me 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Bibi: went of venlaflaxine but ...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Bibi and welcome to SA.

Your English seems just fine. 

Venlaflaxine is extremely difficult to come off, and it sounds like you are having an incredibly difficult time. 

You are in the right place for support and guidance. To start, please help us out by creating a signature using these instructions: 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18343-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/ The most recent changes, including reinstatement dates and dosages, are the most important. 

It's hard to say how soon and whether a reinstatement will help, especially with a sensitized nervous system. Please be as gentle as you can on your nervous system and rest as much as possible. 

Here is a thread with more info: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/272-tips-for-tapering-off-effexor-and-effexor-xr-venlafaxine/

Hang in there. You will heal from this. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• SkyBlue changed the title to Bibi: went off venlaflaxine
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 12/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, Bibi said:

I’m just worried that I have broken some nerves or anything permanent ?:/ 

You will not have permanent damage. Withdrawal can be brutal, but it is not permanent. 

It may take some time to stabilize, and looking at your recent cold-turkey and reinstatement, we may need to make some adjustments (or not), but you will stabilize and heal. That is what this entire site is about. I promise, there is hope. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Thank you for replaying back to me, I been haveing so much anxiety about it .. I’m so scared if I have to take a higher dose becuaus I broke my cns .. I been talking my venlaflaxin 75 for almost to weeks now I feel a lil different .. but they are still there and I’m very sensitive now.. the pill makes me don’t want to do anything , when I stopped with a cold turkey after a months I wanted to go out more even tough I wasent feeling well and wanted to go for walks ..  but now when I’m back on them I don’t want to go anywhere .. 

i remember when I took 225 mg I went down to 150 mg with no problems . Only some headache ... and that’s it ... when I went down to 75 mg I isolate my self and for a year I didn’t go out so much ... I wanted to stop the pills so bad becuaus is had made so much mess with my hormonal system ... I think I’m gettin more depress now to .. don’t know what to do .. 

Thanks for posting Bibi.  I too am eager to step off 75mg venlafaxine, and hope to start that process very soon.  With other drugs, like clonazepam and seroquel, I found that a tiny step every three to five weeks enabled me to avoid withdrawal symptoms.  I became very impatient at times, but stayed with it, and didn't just quit.  Things worked out.  Hopefully the same scheme will also work with the venlafaxine, I'll post again to let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 10:34 PM, Camerroneous said:

Thanks for posting Bibi.  I too am eager to step off 75mg venlafaxine, and hope to start that process very soon.  With other drugs, like clonazepam and seroquel, I found that a tiny step every three to five weeks enabled me to avoid withdrawal symptoms.  I became very impatient at times, but stayed with it, and didn't just quit.  Things worked out.  Hopefully the same scheme will also work with the venlafaxine, I'll post again to let you know.

So you take other meds when you tap?

did you make a full stop to ? And restat?

Im sorry i didnt write sooner but didnt get any e-mail about anyone writing back on my post 

On 12/18/2018 at 3:40 AM, SkyBlue said:

You will not have permanent damage. Withdrawal can be brutal, but it is not permanent. 

It may take some time to stabilize, and looking at your recent cold-turkey and reinstatement, we may need to make some adjustments (or not), but you will stabilize and heal. That is what this entire site is about. I promise, there is hope. 

I been taking the 75 mg from

11 december til now.. and before that i had small amounts like 6 beads in hope I didn’t had to take the full dose again ... 

but it’s still bad in the morning and night ...

i have to take oxapax to make my nerves calm ... 

is my dose not strong enough anymore? 

• Administrator

Hello, Bibi. What times of day do you take your drugs? How often do you take oxapax? How long have you been taking oxapax every day?

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

15 hours ago, Bibi said:

So you take other meds when you tap?

did you make a full stop to ? And restat?

Im sorry i didnt write sooner but didnt get any e-mail about anyone writing back on my post 

Hello Bibi!

I am presently taking several medications, collectively prescribed, one of which is Venlafaxine 75.  I am not using any of these drugs for the purpose of assisting in tapering off from any of the others.  Of the four drugs I am taking, I am now tapering simultaneously off Klonopin and Seroquel.  I'm waiting until completing these tapers to start my taper off Venlafaxine.

I learned about tapering from this web site and also by consulting Dr. Google, in general.  My current projects, of tapering off the Klonopin and Seroquel, have been quite successful and I am within one or two steps of going off both completely.  Based on that experience, I am hopeful that a conservative taper regime will also work for the Venlafaxine.  I have never just Stopped a medication: tapering has been enough of a challenge frankly.  So I don't know about Restarting either.  Success with conservative tapering in the past leads me to think optimistically about future tapering.

One thing about tapering is that it seems to take forever, and it's tempting just to throw the drugs away.  However, I am happy I never gave in to frustration.  To get off these drugs, in my experience, has demanded patience, patience, and more patience.