Orangeblossom77

Orangeblossom77

Orangeblossom77

Had a bad day yesterday. Seem to be getting a reaction to the prozac now even at the smaller dose. After I took it yesterday

I started getting the wound up feeling like I used to after the larger amounts- the same feeling (not withdrawal type feeling) 

so think contrary to what I was thinking, I might need to start reducing it again. It reminded me how much I dislike that feeling- the fibro 

type pains all down one side all got a lot worse too. I'm a bit better today as haven't taken it yet and feeling more wary now. 

I wondered if anyone else had experienced a sensitivity to meds more after they have reduced it for a little while? 

Orangeblossom77

Ah, just been reading about hypersensitization, think that is what it is. 

Orangeblossom77

Ok, found I made a mistake on Monday by taking one of the 10mg caps and not the ones I have now. 

back to the lower dose now. I took a couple of days to get over that and seemed to go through a mini withdrawal 

again, getting the pain, then the shakes again. but a bit better now. 

Orangeblossom77

Trying to find a balance of when to take the meds. Left it too late today and mid afternoon was very shaky and felt like

had just got off a boat (sea legs). Yoga had helped earlier and went a swim also. I guess lunch time might be better. 

Still feeling I want to be just finished with it and trying to be patient. 

Main symptom at present is jittery-ness in the body, head not too bad, quite calm, (but stressing about the whole thing)

and sweaty palms, bit of a stress reaction I expect and waking a bit anxious (got this light which gently lights with bird song)

there are some things which help lying down, yoga, music, swimming, calm things but finding general family stuff quite hard

like cooking tea etc and bath times. 

Orangeblossom77

Not having a good day, stayed in for a delivery so no swimming / yoga / gym outlet and also 

very low in motivation / stressy. Thinking should have lowered my dose better and slower instead of 

dropping to start with. I think I felt it would be Ok due to coming off CT Ok in the past for pregnancies-

but then I was younger and had been on them less time. I think this time having the fibro / PHN stuff

going on too is not a good combination (post shingles neuralgia) it all seems to be joining in a CNS

hyperactive mess. At least it seems to me mainly physical although the symptoms are not nice. Mood not very

low. Very grumpy / angry though (although managing to be Ok to others generally) 

Computer screen making me feel sick and stressed, but compulsively been online, need to force myself to change and

do something nice, even just rest. 

So today- symptoms- increased pain where shingles was (right side of back)

Pain in head and eyes

(think these mainly pain related)

the prickly shaky feeling worse, knot in tummy, diarrhoea, (a bit) nausea.

(possibly withdrawal)

Know I need to do something relaxing and stop stressing about it getting worse, and the long term implications. 

I feel kind of stuck between taking more= more side effects / worse pain / wound up and 

reducing further= worse shaking / withdrawal. 

I need to hope it will level out. 

Maybe I will start to mix the prozac in water, been reading about that on here. I could take two 20mg capsules

and dissolve in 40ml water, then that should mean 5ml contained 5mg I think. It tastes unpleasant though

could put it in juice I guess. Maybe that would make it more accurate. I have some little syringes the children use for 

Calpol which draw up in 1ml increments. I guess they are quite accurate as for children. 

I might also consider taking a small split dose perhaps. Not sure.

Orangeblossom77

Well, just got my period (sorry if tmi) so maybe that was some of the problem, wonder if it can

combine with this stuff. 

Have done the diluting meds above which turned out to be relatively easy and tried a little bit mixed 

in some apple juice- a little bitter but OK. I'm using a syringe like this one. I'm keeping the mixture

in the fridge now. 

2.5ml dose please!

thecowisback

it should be fine so long as you're using the same syringe each time. i'm dissolving mine in water too. i've got 10mg tablets at the moment and they don't taste of anything but when they run out i've got 20mg capsules and i'm not sure how they will taste yet. 

Orangeblossom77

Thanks!

Still getting quite a few symptoms here the latest is nausea and craving sweet things, trying to combat that by having

e.g. porridge or low GI stuff to keep it a bit constant. It seems to merge with the feelings, the up and down blood sugar 

perhaps. Also trying to cut down on any co codomol or alcohol this weekend. and coffee. argh, all the things!

Keeping a record of stuff helping:

having a routine- doing stuff on morning needs done or swimming / yoga if I can, then resting in the afternoon 

before school pick up

getting off the computer! screen makes things worse

getting out the house helps

distracting myself with radio, reading

staying away from others drama in the family (plenty of that at times)

Yesterday, things were much better in the evening and slept a bit better (still waking up though)

compared to the previous day (where i stayed home and stress built up)

thecowisback

good to hear you had a better day x

Orangeblossom77

Today and yesterday i had a mini experiment. That is trying St Johns Wort instead of the prozac.

And I'm surprised to say it seems to be helping. I read about it online, David Healy I think and followed 

a method he recommended. http://www.citap.org.uk/SSRI-Protocol.pdf

I am not taking quite as much as he recommend, yet, (I'm taking 2 tablets of 425mg a day to start with 

as I'm quite sensitive to meds right now)

I see, it has some mixed opinions on here about it when I checked, but for me it seems to be good so

far. and I have made sure I don't take things like other meds with it, and I'm not on the pill either.

I also looked at the foods you are not supposed to eat but that is Ok as don't eat them anyway.

It's giving me a slight headache but the shakes / anxiety and nausea are better- not gone but improved.

I'm kind of thinking, OK so here is maybe a route off all meds and might continue this the next few days, 

stopping and going back to my small dose of prozac if it doesn't keep helping. 

powerback
14 minutes ago, Orangeblossom77 said:

Today and yesterday i had a mini experiment. That is trying St Johns Wort instead of the prozac.

And I'm surprised to say it seems to be helping. I read about it online, David Healy I think and followed 

a method he recommended. http://www.citap.org.uk/SSRI-Protocol.pdf

I am not taking quite as much as he recommend, yet, (I'm taking 2 tablets of 425mg a day to start with 

as I'm quite sensitive to meds right now)

I see, it has some mixed opinions on here about it when I checked, but for me it seems to be good so

far. and I have made sure I don't take things like other meds with it, and I'm not on the pill either.

I also looked at the foods you are not supposed to eat but that is Ok as don't eat them anyway.

It's giving me a slight headache but the shakes / anxiety and nausea are better- not gone but improved.

I'm kind of thinking, OK so here is maybe a route off all meds and might continue this the next few days, 

stopping and going back to my small dose of prozac if it doesn't keep helping. 

How long do you intend to take this instead of Prozac OB77 ,Interesting🤔.

🙏 

Orangeblossom77
1 hour ago, powerback said:

How long do you intend to take this instead of Prozac OB77 ,Interesting🤔.

🙏

If it continues to help then just keep going with it, then possibly lower it in future.

It doesn't say in that guide. I'm not sure about the increase in dose he recommends and think it seems 

quite high.

"St. John’s Wort may also be helpful for those who have stopped an SSRI suddenly and are experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms as a result. It may therefore be a way of redeeming the situation and reducing some of these withdrawal symptoms. The dosage of St. John’s Wort should be 1000mgs. There may be some symptoms of anxiety, which again will not last and are worth putting up with for a short time, and most people feel better once they settle on the St. John’s Wort. It may be necessary to increase the dose of St. John’s Wort to 2000mg after three to four weeks as this higher dose seems to be more effective, and is quite safe."

I can see and maybe try a higher dose based on how this goes, perhaps. Maybe I'll just take it 

as it comes and see how it goes. My withdrawal symptoms seem to be mainly the shaky feeling and 

hypersensitivity so should be able to cope (hopefully) whatever happens.

I saw the GP and spoke to them - they seemed supportive. As long as I take care and speak to them 

they also said they think the swimming might be helping due to increasing Endorphins. This is a GP

who was not too happy with the psych putting me on the meds in the first place. They don't think I 

should have had any diagnosis either but said something about an acute stress reaction- something like

PTSD I think. Now, I have increasing 'diagnoses' on file, but basically they feel my stuff has been more stress

related than anything.

The cost may be an issue- we qualify for free prescriptions due to low income and SJW is not on prescription

here in UK and not very cheap- especially the higher doses - so that may be a consideration also.

I'm due to have these liver tests and other stuff (HB1AC, cholesterol etc) which they do as routine yearly

due to the other meds combination, we're going to postpone these a few months and do them then instead.

Orangeblossom77

Well I have stopped that mini experiment early due to experiencing headaches and tummy upset and 

aslo worsening of withdrawal symptoms. (mainly shaking / trembling / anxiety) which resolved since 

re-instating my mini dose prozac. (I ended up taking it later in the afternoon yesterday and the shaking went

away quickly.) So I'm back to that know. (and stopped the SJW)

Maybe a learning experience- it's tempting to look for a quick fix and way out of withdrawal when feeling

impatient like the way I also felt about stopping and wanting off it, it might not be that simple. 

Oh well, at least it may save me money I suppose. 

Other thing I have learnt is that it is surprising how much difference this little prozac dose makes and how quickly

I seem to respond to that considering i thought it had this long half life / build up etc, maybe that is different now.

Going to be more consistent with it now and give things time to settle down.

thecowisback

i know what you mean about being impatient!! 

Orangeblossom77
1 hour ago, thecowisback said:

i know what you mean about being impatient!! 

Yes, it just adds to the problem really doesn't it, also I think I have started being a bit black and white 

about the meds, getting in this mindset of it being 'bad' and 'needing' to be off it, and maybe that isn't

very helpful while also struggling with withdrawal. Thinking like that is making me feel trapped on the

meds. and resentful of them. But in fact they did help me at times in the past. So it is not so simple as

that. I think i need to stay away from reading too much online and just focus on what helps me, I mean

being on a small amount is probably preferable than being on big doses in terms of the future...I think

my aim might be rather than to 'get free' to manage in the smallest dose I can in terms of quality of life. 

If that means I can stop at some point, well that is good also, but being on a wee bit is not the end of the

world.

Orangeblossom77

I'm finding using the syringe and liquid quite helpful in measuring more accurately. Somehow a split dose 

seems to be more easy for me at the moment- 2.5ml first thing (on waking with shakes and prickliness) and then

another later. Seems to be taking the edge off it, without provoking the 'wound up feeling' as much. Has a really tearful row

with husband yesterday, explained is probably due to meds but went on for hours, first time have done that in, well years. 

I had forgotten how it can bring a sense of calm after a while. 

Orangeblossom77

have started thinking of the prozac liquid as a medicine for the jitters / prickly feelings, this is helping in some

strange way. Distracting me from the whole impatience of coming off it etc. So it is a kind of Parasthesia med

and I just need a little bit to keep it at bay, hopefully with time it will be 'treated' and I can recover...

Orangeblossom77

Struggling with the dose again. I'm feeling quite 'wound-up', high even just after 4ml today (4mg)

prozac, but the prickling / jitters have gone. maybe I need to reduce the dose further. Seem to be

very sensitive to it. but still need a tiny bit. Difficult. 

Orangeblossom77

I think I might just need to stop it. Woke feeling the jitters / prickles, and took only 1ml / 1mg

Jitters and prickles stopped, but the wound up feeling started, sweating palms, hot, horrible.

It seems to be causing a reaction in me now. It's the same feeling when I was taking too much

together. but just with a little bit.

i can cope with the jitters / shakes OK (I think) Swimming and heat helps it. 

Thing would prefer it to the other feeling. 

Orangeblossom77

Took the rest of the dose for today- well the 2.5ml afternoon one- and feeling not too bad so

far. It seems to make difference at this low dosage. Feeling very anxious today. Have not made

it swimming (which might have helped) so feeling guilty about that. Stressed about half term next week

and not having the time to myself. Family want to go away- I want to just stay here. Oh well just a week

i suppose

Orangeblossom77

First day off prozac properly. Think it felt a bit better not having the jitters then manic wound up feeling, more

kind of balanced not having that. Early days yet though but better than yesterday. Tearfulness improved.

Bit floaty / high. Jitters OK. Had a hot shower twice which helps it, then massaged with aromatherapy 

body lotion. This is new small self care thing to settle things down if needed. Spending too much time 

online. Finding it quite hard to switch off and relax. But in general feeling slightly better, more hopeful.

thecowisback

glad to hear you're feeling a tiny bit better 👌

Orangeblossom77
16 hours ago, thecowisback said:

glad to hear you're feeling a tiny bit better 👌

Thanks. hope you are doing OK today. 

thecowisback

i feel slightly calmer today. i don't know if it's the prozac or the sunshine! 

Orangeblossom77
7 hours ago, thecowisback said:

i feel slightly calmer today. i don't know if it's the prozac or the sunshine! 

Good. Yes it is lovely and sunny and even warm. The start of Spring perhaps.

Orangeblossom77

Feeling a bit of a change today. The parasthesia, well the prickling is going...also the anxiety..

I'm having times of it during the day such as when in the supermarket in a queue but not most of

the time. Still very sensitive to any kind of stress setting it off though. Which is a change.

Other things: Nausea- improved. Sleep- OK, still waking up quite a bit more than usual but not

too bad better than a few days ago. Not craving sweet things as much which is good.

Fatigue improved. Mood better, less tearful.

Not so good: Bad one sided headache today, worsens when moving head. Had to take a pain

killer which helped a bit. Still very floaty feeling. Sea legs!- vertigo quite bad. 

The main thing is, I thought would have to take a tiny dose prozac to get through the day due to

the parasthesia / prickling and shaking, but that just hasn't been the case. It is nice to choose to have 

a bath or shower and not have to, to get through the day. Hope this continues.

Orangeblossom77

Day 4 now, off prozac...still doing Ok, quite fierce / mood swings but managing it OK. 

Swimming / baths etc all helping quite a bit. Away now for a week so will see how it goes.

Started taking little SJW - not the high dose recommended in that article but just the 

dose on the packet. And this seems to be really giving a little lift and helping, less of the 

headache / tummy problems. Maybe that was due to the high dose. Anyway, got to keep

going I guess. Will update again after the week away.

thecowisback

good luck 💛

Ryder

Not getting any more whooshing feelings in head, which is good but quite a lot of vertigo, quite disorientating. 

and still tearfulness, not very, down though, just grumpy / irritated. Headaches, more tired, sleeping OK though.

It can be a concern that maybe depression will return.

Man when i went down on Clomipromine from 50-25mg over the holidays did I experience that, especially the tearfullness like i would go for a run and just burst out crying underneath all the disorientating feelings.

I am still on 50mg now my only question is still this questions topic, is Clomipromine a break or an accelerator ? I feel it makes me so so delusional but when I drop the dose, I feel a bit sane.

Altostrata
On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, Orangeblossom77 said:

Struggling with the dose again. I'm feeling quite 'wound-up', high even just after 4ml today (4mg)

prozac, but the prickling / jitters have gone. maybe I need to reduce the dose further. Seem to be

very sensitive to it. but still need a tiny bit. Difficult. 

Hello, Orangeblossom.

Sorry, I'm just catching up with your topic. It appears that 4mg Prozac was too much for you. Not infrequently, we suggest dosages of 1mg Prozac or even less to test the waters. A little goes a long way when one's nervous system is sensitized by withdrawal.

How do you feel now that you've been off Prozac for 5 days? How often are you taking St. John's Wort?

Regular exercise that's not too strenuous helps the nervous system recover to its normal balance. It sounds like you might have light sensitivity from withdrawal syndrome, you may wish to wear dark glasses in bright light and amber glasses when using the computer, see Light-sensitive? Try blocking out blue light