Orangeblossom77

Orangeblossom77

Had a bad day yesterday. Seem to be getting a reaction to the prozac now even at the smaller dose. After I took it yesterday

I started getting the wound up feeling like I used to after the larger amounts- the same feeling (not withdrawal type feeling) 

so think contrary to what I was thinking, I might need to start reducing it again. It reminded me how much I dislike that feeling- the fibro 

type pains all down one side all got a lot worse too. I'm a bit better today as haven't taken it yet and feeling more wary now. 

I wondered if anyone else had experienced a sensitivity to meds more after they have reduced it for a little while? 

Fluoxetine 20mg a day, (mornings) Amitryptilline 10-50mg (evenings) for last two years (usually lowest dose of the latter) Previously on and off Fluoxetine since 1999. Off completely for pregnancies in 200s with no problems but recently more difficult to withdraw.End 2018 Tapered to 10mg Fluoxetine (am) and 10mg Amitryptilline (evening)Co-codomol 30/500 prescribed (one to two tabs 6 hrly as required for pain)

Start Jan 2019 5mg Fluoxetine mornings. Stopped amitryptilline.

6th Feb 2019 Stopped Fluoxetine, 2 X 425mg St Johns Wort daily. 

9th Feb 2019 Reinstated 5mg Prozac, stopped SJW due to headaches and upset tummy.

10th Feb 2019 Started using liquid diluted Prozac and syringe, dividing doses (2 X 2.5ml) = 5mg daily

12th Feb 2019 Stopped prozac after even small doses seem to be causing a bad reaction.

17th Feb 2019 Started taking single dose 425mg SJW mornings 

Also taking supplements: Multivitamin, Longvida Curcumin 500mg a day, Magnesium Citrate 500mg/day, Magnesium L-threonate 50mg/day, Omega 3 (with Vit E) 1000mg/day, Vitamin D3 20000IU

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Orangeblossom77

• thecowisback

• ChessieCat

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, just been reading about hypersensitization, think that is what it is. 

Fluoxetine 20mg a day, (mornings) Amitryptilline 10-50mg (evenings) for last two years (usually lowest dose of the latter) Previously on and off Fluoxetine since 1999. Off completely for pregnancies in 200s with no problems but recently more difficult to withdraw.End 2018 Tapered to 10mg Fluoxetine (am) and 10mg Amitryptilline (evening)Co-codomol 30/500 prescribed (one to two tabs 6 hrly as required for pain)

9th Feb 2019 Reinstated 5mg Prozac, stopped SJW due to headaches and upset tummy.

10th Feb 2019 Started using liquid diluted Prozac and syringe, dividing doses (2 X 2.5ml) = 5mg daily

12th Feb 2019 Stopped prozac after even small doses seem to be causing a bad reaction.

Also taking supplements: Multivitamin, Longvida Curcumin 500mg a day, Magnesium Citrate 500mg/day, Magnesium L-threonate 50mg/day, Omega 3 (with Vit E) 1000mg/day, Vitamin D3 20000IU

Ok, found I made a mistake on Monday by taking one of the 10mg caps and not the ones I have now. 

back to the lower dose now. I took a couple of days to get over that and seemed to go through a mini withdrawal 

again, getting the pain, then the shakes again. but a bit better now. 

Trying to find a balance of when to take the meds. Left it too late today and mid afternoon was very shaky and felt like

had just got off a boat (sea legs). Yoga had helped earlier and went a swim also. I guess lunch time might be better. 

Still feeling I want to be just finished with it and trying to be patient. 

Main symptom at present is jittery-ness in the body, head not too bad, quite calm, (but stressing about the whole thing)

and sweaty palms, bit of a stress reaction I expect and waking a bit anxious (got this light which gently lights with bird song)

there are some things which help lying down, yoga, music, swimming, calm things but finding general family stuff quite hard

like cooking tea etc and bath times. 

Not having a good day, stayed in for a delivery so no swimming / yoga / gym outlet and also 

very low in motivation / stressy. Thinking should have lowered my dose better and slower instead of 

dropping to start with. I think I felt it would be Ok due to coming off CT Ok in the past for pregnancies-

but then I was younger and had been on them less time. I think this time having the fibro / PHN stuff

going on too is not a good combination (post shingles neuralgia) it all seems to be joining in a CNS

hyperactive mess. At least it seems to me mainly physical although the symptoms are not nice. Mood not very

low. Very grumpy / angry though (although managing to be Ok to others generally) 

Computer screen making me feel sick and stressed, but compulsively been online, need to force myself to change and

do something nice, even just rest. 

So today- symptoms- increased pain where shingles was (right side of back)

Pain in head and eyes

(think these mainly pain related)

the prickly shaky feeling worse, knot in tummy, diarrhoea, (a bit) nausea.

(possibly withdrawal)

Know I need to do something relaxing and stop stressing about it getting worse, and the long term implications. 

I feel kind of stuck between taking more= more side effects / worse pain / wound up and 

reducing further= worse shaking / withdrawal. 

I need to hope it will level out. 

Maybe I will start to mix the prozac in water, been reading about that on here. I could take two 20mg capsules

and dissolve in 40ml water, then that should mean 5ml contained 5mg I think. It tastes unpleasant though

could put it in juice I guess. Maybe that would make it more accurate. I have some little syringes the children use for 

Calpol which draw up in 1ml increments. I guess they are quite accurate as for children. 

I might also consider taking a small split dose perhaps. Not sure.

Well, just got my period (sorry if tmi) so maybe that was some of the problem, wonder if it can

combine with this stuff. 

Have done the diluting meds above which turned out to be relatively easy and tried a little bit mixed 

in some apple juice- a little bitter but OK. I'm using a syringe like this one. I'm keeping the mixture

in the fridge now. 

2.5ml dose please!

it should be fine so long as you're using the same syringe each time. i'm dissolving mine in water too. i've got 10mg tablets at the moment and they don't taste of anything but when they run out i've got 20mg capsules and i'm not sure how they will taste yet. 

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

Thanks!

Still getting quite a few symptoms here the latest is nausea and craving sweet things, trying to combat that by having

e.g. porridge or low GI stuff to keep it a bit constant. It seems to merge with the feelings, the up and down blood sugar 

perhaps. Also trying to cut down on any co codomol or alcohol this weekend. and coffee. argh, all the things!

Keeping a record of stuff helping:

having a routine- doing stuff on morning needs done or swimming / yoga if I can, then resting in the afternoon 

before school pick up

getting off the computer! screen makes things worse

getting out the house helps

distracting myself with radio, reading

staying away from others drama in the family (plenty of that at times)

Yesterday, things were much better in the evening and slept a bit better (still waking up though)

compared to the previous day (where i stayed home and stress built up)

good to hear you had a better day x

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

Today and yesterday i had a mini experiment. That is trying St Johns Wort instead of the prozac.

And I'm surprised to say it seems to be helping. I read about it online, David Healy I think and followed 

a method he recommended. http://www.citap.org.uk/SSRI-Protocol.pdf

I am not taking quite as much as he recommend, yet, (I'm taking 2 tablets of 425mg a day to start with 

as I'm quite sensitive to meds right now)

I see, it has some mixed opinions on here about it when I checked, but for me it seems to be good so

far. and I have made sure I don't take things like other meds with it, and I'm not on the pill either.

I also looked at the foods you are not supposed to eat but that is Ok as don't eat them anyway.

It's giving me a slight headache but the shakes / anxiety and nausea are better- not gone but improved.

I'm kind of thinking, OK so here is maybe a route off all meds and might continue this the next few days, 

stopping and going back to my small dose of prozac if it doesn't keep helping. 

14 minutes ago, Orangeblossom77 said:

Today and yesterday i had a mini experiment. That is trying St Johns Wort instead of the prozac.

And I'm surprised to say it seems to be helping. I read about it online, David Healy I think and followed 

a method he recommended. http://www.citap.org.uk/SSRI-Protocol.pdf

I am not taking quite as much as he recommend, yet, (I'm taking 2 tablets of 425mg a day to start with 

as I'm quite sensitive to meds right now)

I see, it has some mixed opinions on here about it when I checked, but for me it seems to be good so

far. and I have made sure I don't take things like other meds with it, and I'm not on the pill either.

I also looked at the foods you are not supposed to eat but that is Ok as don't eat them anyway.

It's giving me a slight headache but the shakes / anxiety and nausea are better- not gone but improved.

I'm kind of thinking, OK so here is maybe a route off all meds and might continue this the next few days, 

stopping and going back to my small dose of prozac if it doesn't keep helping. 

How long do you intend to take this instead of Prozac OB77 ,Interesting🤔.

🙏 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

How long do you intend to take this instead of Prozac OB77 ,Interesting🤔.

🙏

If it continues to help then just keep going with it, then possibly lower it in future.

It doesn't say in that guide. I'm not sure about the increase in dose he recommends and think it seems 

quite high.

"St. John’s Wort may also be helpful for those who have stopped an SSRI suddenly and are experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms as a result. It may therefore be a way of redeeming the situation and reducing some of these withdrawal symptoms. The dosage of St. John’s Wort should be 1000mgs. There may be some symptoms of anxiety, which again will not last and are worth putting up with for a short time, and most people feel better once they settle on the St. John’s Wort. It may be necessary to increase the dose of St. John’s Wort to 2000mg after three to four weeks as this higher dose seems to be more effective, and is quite safe."

I can see and maybe try a higher dose based on how this goes, perhaps. Maybe I'll just take it 

as it comes and see how it goes. My withdrawal symptoms seem to be mainly the shaky feeling and 

hypersensitivity so should be able to cope (hopefully) whatever happens.

I saw the GP and spoke to them - they seemed supportive. As long as I take care and speak to them 

they also said they think the swimming might be helping due to increasing Endorphins. This is a GP

who was not too happy with the psych putting me on the meds in the first place. They don't think I 

should have had any diagnosis either but said something about an acute stress reaction- something like

PTSD I think. Now, I have increasing 'diagnoses' on file, but basically they feel my stuff has been more stress

related than anything.

The cost may be an issue- we qualify for free prescriptions due to low income and SJW is not on prescription

here in UK and not very cheap- especially the higher doses - so that may be a consideration also.

I'm due to have these liver tests and other stuff (HB1AC, cholesterol etc) which they do as routine yearly

due to the other meds combination, we're going to postpone these a few months and do them then instead.

Well I have stopped that mini experiment early due to experiencing headaches and tummy upset and 

aslo worsening of withdrawal symptoms. (mainly shaking / trembling / anxiety) which resolved since 

re-instating my mini dose prozac. (I ended up taking it later in the afternoon yesterday and the shaking went

away quickly.) So I'm back to that know. (and stopped the SJW)

Maybe a learning experience- it's tempting to look for a quick fix and way out of withdrawal when feeling

impatient like the way I also felt about stopping and wanting off it, it might not be that simple. 

Oh well, at least it may save me money I suppose. 

Other thing I have learnt is that it is surprising how much difference this little prozac dose makes and how quickly

I seem to respond to that considering i thought it had this long half life / build up etc, maybe that is different now.

Going to be more consistent with it now and give things time to settle down.

i know what you mean about being impatient!! 

1 hour ago, thecowisback said:

i know what you mean about being impatient!! 

Yes, it just adds to the problem really doesn't it, also I think I have started being a bit black and white 

about the meds, getting in this mindset of it being 'bad' and 'needing' to be off it, and maybe that isn't

very helpful while also struggling with withdrawal. Thinking like that is making me feel trapped on the

meds. and resentful of them. But in fact they did help me at times in the past. So it is not so simple as

that. I think i need to stay away from reading too much online and just focus on what helps me, I mean

being on a small amount is probably preferable than being on big doses in terms of the future...I think

my aim might be rather than to 'get free' to manage in the smallest dose I can in terms of quality of life. 

If that means I can stop at some point, well that is good also, but being on a wee bit is not the end of the

world.

I'm finding using the syringe and liquid quite helpful in measuring more accurately. Somehow a split dose 

seems to be more easy for me at the moment- 2.5ml first thing (on waking with shakes and prickliness) and then

another later. Seems to be taking the edge off it, without provoking the 'wound up feeling' as much. Has a really tearful row

with husband yesterday, explained is probably due to meds but went on for hours, first time have done that in, well years. 

I had forgotten how it can bring a sense of calm after a while. 

have started thinking of the prozac liquid as a medicine for the jitters / prickly feelings, this is helping in some

strange way. Distracting me from the whole impatience of coming off it etc. So it is a kind of Parasthesia med

and I just need a little bit to keep it at bay, hopefully with time it will be 'treated' and I can recover...

Struggling with the dose again. I'm feeling quite 'wound-up', high even just after 4ml today (4mg)

prozac, but the prickling / jitters have gone. maybe I need to reduce the dose further. Seem to be

very sensitive to it. but still need a tiny bit. Difficult. 

I think I might just need to stop it. Woke feeling the jitters / prickles, and took only 1ml / 1mg

Jitters and prickles stopped, but the wound up feeling started, sweating palms, hot, horrible.

It seems to be causing a reaction in me now. It's the same feeling when I was taking too much

together. but just with a little bit.

i can cope with the jitters / shakes OK (I think) Swimming and heat helps it. 

Thing would prefer it to the other feeling. 

Took the rest of the dose for today- well the 2.5ml afternoon one- and feeling not too bad so

far. It seems to make difference at this low dosage. Feeling very anxious today. Have not made

it swimming (which might have helped) so feeling guilty about that. Stressed about half term next week

and not having the time to myself. Family want to go away- I want to just stay here. Oh well just a week

i suppose

First day off prozac properly. Think it felt a bit better not having the jitters then manic wound up feeling, more

kind of balanced not having that. Early days yet though but better than yesterday. Tearfulness improved.

Bit floaty / high. Jitters OK. Had a hot shower twice which helps it, then massaged with aromatherapy 

body lotion. This is new small self care thing to settle things down if needed. Spending too much time 

online. Finding it quite hard to switch off and relax. But in general feeling slightly better, more hopeful.

glad to hear you're feeling a tiny bit better 👌

16 hours ago, thecowisback said:

glad to hear you're feeling a tiny bit better 👌

Thanks. hope you are doing OK today. 

i feel slightly calmer today. i don't know if it's the prozac or the sunshine! 

7 hours ago, thecowisback said:

i feel slightly calmer today. i don't know if it's the prozac or the sunshine! 

Good. Yes it is lovely and sunny and even warm. The start of Spring perhaps.

Feeling a bit of a change today. The parasthesia, well the prickling is going...also the anxiety..

I'm having times of it during the day such as when in the supermarket in a queue but not most of

the time. Still very sensitive to any kind of stress setting it off though. Which is a change.

Other things: Nausea- improved. Sleep- OK, still waking up quite a bit more than usual but not

too bad better than a few days ago. Not craving sweet things as much which is good.

Fatigue improved. Mood better, less tearful.

Not so good: Bad one sided headache today, worsens when moving head. Had to take a pain

killer which helped a bit. Still very floaty feeling. Sea legs!- vertigo quite bad. 

The main thing is, I thought would have to take a tiny dose prozac to get through the day due to

the parasthesia / prickling and shaking, but that just hasn't been the case. It is nice to choose to have 

a bath or shower and not have to, to get through the day. Hope this continues.

Day 4 now, off prozac...still doing Ok, quite fierce / mood swings but managing it OK. 

Swimming / baths etc all helping quite a bit. Away now for a week so will see how it goes.

Started taking little SJW - not the high dose recommended in that article but just the 

dose on the packet. And this seems to be really giving a little lift and helping, less of the 

headache / tummy problems. Maybe that was due to the high dose. Anyway, got to keep

going I guess. Will update again after the week away.

good luck 💛

Not getting any more whooshing feelings in head, which is good but quite a lot of vertigo, quite disorientating. 

and still tearfulness, not very, down though, just grumpy / irritated. Headaches, more tired, sleeping OK though.

It can be a concern that maybe depression will return.

Man when i went down on Clomipromine from 50-25mg over the holidays did I experience that, especially the tearfullness like i would go for a run and just burst out crying underneath all the disorientating feelings.

I am still on 50mg now my only question is still this questions topic, is Clomipromine a break or an accelerator ? I feel it makes me so so delusional but when I drop the dose, I feel a bit sane.

2008-2012: Cymbalta, Zyprexa, Valium (5 days supply),

2012 - Seroquel x 4 weeks C/T. 

2014 - Seroquel x 2 Weeks C/T. Crossed to Risperidone 3mg for 6months until December.

2014 - Stopped Risperidone. Xfer > Anti-Depressant 200mg Zoloft and 6mg Clonazepam. 

2018 - 150mg Clomipromine changed Anti-depressant. Tapered Benzo to 1mg Clonazepam. 2019 - xfer to 20mg Diazepam. 

Currently:

Anafranil: 75mg. 17th Dec 2022 70mg. 27th Dec 22: 75mg, 14 January 23': 70mg. 16-26th January: 50mg (too fast drop no sleep). Jan 28th 2023: 70mg. 20 Feb 2023: 65mg. 11/06: 60mg 9/08: 55mg 15/08/23 : 50mg
3/03/2024: 60mg (Updose)

Diazepam (V): 25th Oct 2019' 20mg. 22 Dec 19' 19mg. 04 Apr 2020' 18mg,  30 September 20' 17.5mg , 13 Nov 2020' 17mg. 01 January 2021: 16mg, 13th Aug 21' 15mg. 1st Nov' 2021 14.5mg. 1st Dec' 2021 14mg. 13 January 2022: 13.5mg, 11 Feb: 13mg.  11 April 22' 12.5mg, 12 May 22': 12mg, 6th September 2022: 11mg Valium. 9th October: 10.5mg, 25th Oct 10mg. 12 March 23: 9.5mg 2 April: 9.25mg 23 April: 9mg 12/05: 8.75 26/05: 8.5 12/09: 8.25 21/09: 8.5. 3/10: 8.25 17/10: 8mg 20th Nov Brassmonkey: (7.9.,7.8, 7.75) 5 Feb: 7.25mg. 23 Feb: 7mg 

*.      Have tried to go at faster rate than 0.5mg but is currently too fast. 

• Administrator
On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, Orangeblossom77 said:

Struggling with the dose again. I'm feeling quite 'wound-up', high even just after 4ml today (4mg)

prozac, but the prickling / jitters have gone. maybe I need to reduce the dose further. Seem to be

very sensitive to it. but still need a tiny bit. Difficult. 

Hello, Orangeblossom.

Sorry, I'm just catching up with your topic. It appears that 4mg Prozac was too much for you. Not infrequently, we suggest dosages of 1mg Prozac or even less to test the waters. A little goes a long way when one's nervous system is sensitized by withdrawal.

How do you feel now that you've been off Prozac for 5 days? How often are you taking St. John's Wort?

Regular exercise that's not too strenuous helps the nervous system recover to its normal balance. It sounds like you might have light sensitivity from withdrawal syndrome, you may wish to wear dark glasses in bright light and amber glasses when using the computer, see Light-sensitive? Try blocking out blue light

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi, just back from week away. Thanks for the reply. I was away in the mountains as family went skiing (not for me but the scenery was lovely and think

was a distraction) and still had no prozac...I'm doing Ok. And yes we had no computer access or even phone so think it was helpful being away from the screens.

Better: Nausea, Diarrhoea, Sleep, (generally OK, waking quite early but not too bad) Anxiety and Parasthesia / prickling (OK still there a bit but manageable) Still bit of a knot in tummy, but generally managing OK. 

Other: Had some brain zaps but not too bad, more like a kind of sweeping - hard to describe, Ok during the day though just at night. Had some headaches. Managing well to avoid my co-codomol, not had any while away. 

Best of all the Fibromyalgia I used to get is really easing. It used to be kind of like pain moving from one area to the next, nerve pain. and this has improved. It was different from the Parasthesia although that can be painful - that is all over, but the other one was down a nerve and one sided). I still feel less 'wound up' and wary of taking even a tiny little bit of prozac now. I did try having a small dose  in separate doses but even that seemed to be causing problems... But will see how things go. maybe have it as a back up plan in case. (to have a 1mg dose)

I haven't been able to go swimming while away, but going to start again now after half term is over. It did help. 

Oh and forgot to answer yes the parasthesia feelings is in the computer scrolling (right) side. 

I'm now just taking the standard dose on the St John's wort which is 425mg a day in the mornings. It may just be a placebo affect but it seems to 

give a slight lift, not heaping the prickly feelings though but what does help with that is heat / exercise and massage. So have some things to help. I'm also taking this Longvida at 400mg so not sure if that is helping, as well, I'm a bit sceptical about these but maybe https://ndnr.com/products-and-services/longvida-optimized-curcumin-found-to-improve-cognitive-function-and-mood/

Oh and have had some weird thoughts and even images at times when going to sleep but just trying not to react to these and out it down to the withdrawal. Got a little mantra to repeat such as 'it's healing' to remind myself. (and I'm not 'going mad'). the tearfulness IS passing though, that seemed to be quite short lived. Thankfully. 

I'm still keeping life  very simple at the moment as finding highly sensitive to things like shopping / crowds etc so getting shopping delivered for now and letting any guilt go for not doing these things. We've been through quite a bit with these meds and need to treat ourselves kindly, I think, so treating it like have been through a nasty illness and giving time to recover. I'm really trying to focus on feeling grateful for not having the horrible wound up feeling anymore and the relief from that. weird how have had this med for years and now feel would never even touch it again. In the early days of taking it years ago it did cause the wound up feeling also - slightly and could swim or exercise to get rid of it. I even say this as a good thing, that it was 'making' me exercise. But it just got worse, feeling more human again is definitely better. 

So, what i think I will do is just keep going for now as things do seem to be settling, bit if it does worsen or become unmanageable maybe have the tiny dose. I'll keep updating. Best wishes to all others going on with this. 

Right, so am starting a new routine today to help with this stage, 2 weeks on from stopping the prozac.

The main thing I'm still getting is the shakes / tremors / parasthesia / anxiety which I understand is quite common.

I read on another post someone had a sense of strong smells, I get this too. I find it is smells amplified

and have a little lavender bag to smell sometimes to help it. I'm also getting this weird thing, which is kind of like

vertigo. the 'sea legs' feeling has kind of past, but now this thing where if change the gaze of my eyes quickly feel

very giddy. Not sure what exactly it is but guess is another vertigo / withdrawal thing. 

I'm trying to work on not reacting too much and accepting: the Claire Weeks things about AAF, was useful and rather 

than always wondering, just knowing it's some wonkiness of withdrawal and it may well pass..I also like mindfulness 

based stress reduction so using some of the stuff from my book on that / cd as well.

It's easy to just focus on the stuff which is bad and therefore trying to write down some things which have improved too:

to get it in perspective.

Improved: Nausea and diarrheoa, (gone now), fatigue- improved, more energy. Sleep- been a bit up and down with increased waking

but seems to be improving some. (been a bit stressy when waking up but have this light with birds sounds as an alarm which helps 

a bit). Eyes less painful, using  filter on the computer (f.lux) in the evenings, and staying off a bit.

So the main thing is the shakes / anxiety as above so have done a plan to deal with that for the next few weeks. It;s not that easy as family 

stuff is quite stressy atm, (have two children and workaholic husband and ageing parents etc etc and perimenopause, argh) as we all have 

I'm sure...so trying to carve out times in the day to bring it down and keep it in check, simple routine things.

Mornings: Hot shower, hot drink and walk to the school (fresh air)

Take morning SJW / Curcumin and imagine them working - visualisation

Lunch time: Swim / sauna (if no time shower and massage with aromatherapy cream)

Rest a bit before school pick up 

Dinner: Cooking- chopping, quite restful, radio

Evening: Bath with epsom salts and lavender, 

bed by ten, reading (not computer)

What I find in practice is these times bring down the feelings to a manageable place and

if having a bad day at least there is a break from it, if lucky it even continues for the rest

of the day. the best thing seems to be the swim/sauna combination. 

Avoiding anything which can be postponed /stressy or done online like shopping..

(found an outdoor fruit and veg stall which is calmer than the bright busy shops)

At least it is Spring and the days are getting lighter, children back at school so the routine

helps a bit. Needing time alone at the moment. Have booked some classes in yoga and pilates

into routine from next week, also a 6 week hourly aromatherapy body massage so hopefully

that will help also. Not just need to let go of the silly guilt for trying to look after myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Just logging in with my weekly update. Glad to say the vertigo and eye movements thing has passed now, 

basically left with mood swings and the parasthesia (which is improving generally) Getting the windows and

waves I think with some days being worse than others but things are generally getting better. I'm still taking the 

SJW and seems to be helping a bit, I have no desire to take more though. I tried skipping  day of it just to see if 

it was making a slight difference and didn't notice much change to the symptoms, but feel it gives a slight lift

still. Anyway. Sleep has not been too bad. A bit up and down also but OK.

I need to try and now change by general lifestyle a bit as have been craving and eating too much junk food. I have

been excusing this by saying it is cos of withdrawal, but need to get in charge of this a bit. Can combine with the 

exercise I guess. So, if this continues will leave posting any more for now and just get on with it I guess. 

Best of luck for others going through this xx

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update of how things are going here. 

I'm still getting the windows and waves pattern really. Still getting the prickly feelings which come and go, anxiety

and a lot of anger! - which is worse when other people wind me up in small ways. Trying to stay away from such people 

which is helping a bit! 

I'm still continuing with the SJW which is possibly helping a bit, but mildly. Swimming is still really helping for relaxation,

although I did too much breast stroke and hurt my knee so needed to find a different stroke. Yoga also quite helpful although

at times makes me a bit cross if it is too hard or tricky! - guess is place I am in at the mo. it doesn't help the Brexit stress, atm a

as well and all that drama. 

Swimming pool is closed today and can feel the now-common fluttery / knot in tummy and skin prickling building up...which 

dissipates with relaxation and calm...so will maybe try a walk in the park. 

I'm still finding the pain levels better (nerve pain) since coming off meds although still flares up at times but not as severe as before and am totally off any pain meds as well which is good. Quite pleased about that. Daft that one med was leading to needing pain relief from others really. Also glad to be free of the side effects on the meds a bit even though is replaced by these new withdrawal ones. Just hoping fingers crossed than in time things will get easier. Sleep is Ok but seem to be needing quite a lot of it.

Posting on here is quite good for looking at dates isn't it to see...so it is now around 6 weeks since took the last mini prozac dose.

good to hear you can find ways of dealing with your withdrawals  😁😁😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 10:21 AM, thecowisback said:

good to hear you can find ways of dealing with your withdrawals  😁😁😁

Thanks! Hope you are managing to get some sort of break too.

Just another update. Up and down here, still quite tearful and was not good before period last week! 

Bearing in mind this may take a long time helps a bit though...just being aware of it, and the reasons why, does help.

Also still getting the parasthesia most days and getting a swim in does help, if not able to taking a single co-codomol usually helps

(or a small glass of wine) but trying not to replace the anti d's with something else like that.

So guess just need to keep going and hoping for more windows, as we do.

When it feels like it's taking forever, I'm trying to remind myself it is maybe going to take up to a year and to aim to just keep going till them and then look back and see, not to try and expect too much. That way if any good changes occur it's a kind of bonus.