SkyStreamer

SkyStreamer: tapering off Cipralex / escitalopram safely

SkyStreamer

@Carmie - looks like you're a big fan of the era and class novels. I always struggled with these, but have read a few I liked. My son really likes Dickens. I've never read any of his books, but maybe I should give one or two a try.  

That baseball novel by John Grisham sounds like it might be a good one for me. :) I like baseball, so I might enjoy it - especially if Grisham is an exciting writer, as you say. I'll check it out. 

Yes, books with a legal theme can be exciting. You must have loved watching that Netflix docuseris: "Making a Murderer." I don't usually like intense legal documentaries, but I actually found this one really interesting. I heard he just recently got approved to have his case evidence re-examined by a new court judge. This will likely be the third instalment - eventually.

Thanks for the hugs. Really appreciate that.

Carmie
5 hours ago, SkyStreamer said:

@Carmie - looks like you're a big fan of the era and class novels. I always struggled with these, but have read a few I liked. My son really likes Dickens. I've never read any of his books, but maybe I should give one or two a try.  

That baseball novel by John Grisham sounds like it might be a good one for me. :) I like baseball, so I might enjoy it - especially if Grisham is an exciting writer, as you say. I'll check it out. 

Yes, books with a legal theme can be exciting. You must have loved watching that Netflix docuseris: "Making a Murderer." I don't usually like intense legal documentaries, but I actually found this one really interesting. I heard he just recently got approved to have his case evidence re-examined by a new court judge. This will likely be the third instalment - eventually.

Thanks for the hugs. Really appreciate that.

Hi again SkyStreamer, 

No, I haven’t watch Making A Murderer, but I do love legal stuff, especially the John Grisham novels.  He’s actually a lawyer and nearly every one of his novels has become a best seller, if not all. They’re not all about murder though. I do like murder mysteries, but I like the ones like Poirot where you have to guess who did it. I don’t like things that have extreme violence in them. I like the solving of it afterwards. I never watch anything rated MA. 

Yes, you might find the baseball book good, I couldn’t continue it. Didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. It’s called Calico Joe. 

Your son has good taste if he likes Charles Dickens. 😄

Here’s to continuing to find distractions that help us get through withdrawals.

Take care💚

SkyStreamer

Day Summary: 03/14/2019

- Lower anxiety
- Got severe allergies for 3 hrs at bedtime (10pm-1am)

NIGHT: slept 9 hrs; woke up once briefly; went back to sleep
7:30am: woke; very tired; exhausted; low anxiety (4/10)
8am: 45 mins prayer & meditation; low anxiety (3/10)
9am: took 7.5mg of Cipralex pill
10:30am-12noon: work; medium anxiety (5.5/10)
12noon: 15 mins downtime; tv
12:15pm: 30 mins prayer & meditation
2:15pm: 45 mins walking; low anxiety (4.5/10)
3:30pm-5pm: work; medium anxiety (5.5/10)
5:30pm-6:30pm: work; medium anxiety (5.5/10)
7pm-8:30: family dinner; family time; higher anxiety (7/10); wife came home stressed & irritable
9pm: 45 mins prayer & meditation
10:15pm: went to bed; got horrible allergies for 3 hours straight; so stuffed and clogged; couldn’t fall asleep until close to 1am; first time this has ever happened at night

SkyStreamer

I got severe allergies last night when I went to bed. I got in my bed at 10am, prepared to sleep. Then, suddenly - WHAM - I was hit by severe allergies. Stuffed and runny nose with sneezing for 3 hours stressed straight (10pm-1am). First time this has ever happened.

Can someone look at this last day summary of my symptoms above and see if there is anything in my day that might account for this?

Only things that seem relevant to me are:

• I just started juicing twice a day for the last week (am still eating food with each meals, though smaller portions)
  • I just eliminated intense exercise; now I mainly do light walking
  • My wife came home last night very stressed and irritable (just before the allergies); we had been fighting the last two days as well
  • I struggle with fears of nightmares, especially as I approach bedtime

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

powerback
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:37 AM, SkyStreamer said:

I struggle with fears of nightmares, especially as I approach bedtime

Hi Sky I can relate to this ,be careful what you watch before bed ,no violence or over dramatic material ,ground yourself during the day ,saying" im ok and safe" ,get mindful of your thoughts and change the thought  ,its a nightmare when we get things stuck in our head .

even maybe journal your dreams/nightmares ,gets it out of your thoughts .

Youl be ok,ive had some cracking nightmares  now I look back ,haven't had a bad one in a while .

Take  care.

Take  care.