SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

yoshi: Haldol withdrawal

yoshi

Hi. So ive been hospitalized and given high doses of haldol orally and intramuscular. Ive been battling with ahedonia and brain for ever since. Also i quit my medications shortly after returning from the hospital. The feeling was really awful and hard to describe. Its like an organic disconnection between brain and body and my vision changed during the withdrawal. Had changes in smoking habits and really hard time sitting still. Also insomnia. 

The haldol injection lasted around one month where i had no feelings and its quite ridiculous. Excrusiating boredom is the most obvious symptom of the injection. Flat affect. 

Then after when i woke up one day it was gone, i was able to feel but only like 80%, and still in fact not functional at all. I dont have deep thoughts and still bored everyday.

Its quite tragic. Im into intellectual pursuits and now in this state i just feel like an empty shell with no role in this world. Completely worthless. 

Will i get better? How much will i wait? Life is really not worth living this way. I want to be able to continue my hobbies and interests. Its the only things that give my life meaning.

Please can someone with experiance with healing from antipsychotics  give me some hope? What should i expect?

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added space
  • Administrator

Welcome, yoshi.

Emotional anesthesia is a very common side effect of psychiatric drugs, you might say that's how they "work." It may take some months for you to recover from this. Recovery will be very slow and gradual, you'll need to be patient. While you may be suffering from adverse drug effects rather than withdrawal syndrome, you may find these topics of interest:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of recognizing you're feeling good

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

How did you change your smoking habits? How is your sleep now?

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to yoshi: Haldol withdrawal
  • 2 months later...