SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Herstory78: started withdrawal process needed another antidepressant to help

Herstory78

Hi,

Im diagnosed with basically anxiety and depression aka too awesome for normal society😉  After several years and a divorce, I’ve decided to see what I am actually without medicine telling me who I am. I started in August 3018 from Lamictal from 450mg to 400mg. I was also getting off of Prozac and Effexor,  mentally I went completely dark. I became more and more of a recluse, my day to day daily, usually mindless actions became impossible. The lack of motivation coupled with debilitating fear kept me prisoner in my home. A place that was for peace, family interactions and comfort became, loud with silence, lights always off, my appearance never changing, always stale. I found myself coping with a familiar self soothe technique, when I feel abandoned and rejected( they call it borderline personality disorder). It kept the dark from entering my soul but it also made it a part of my personality.  It continued daily for months and finally after 9 days alone in my house, I emerged and voluntarily put myself in a crisis residence. From there, I took a step back and faced my demons on a more equal playing field. It was the fight for my life, for me to yell, ,” there is nothing wrong with me, people give you these labels, you decide if you accept them.’ I left there with a different purpose, change everything, easy to think about, harder to move about. 

Right now, I’m waiting to see my doctor next month to make a plan. I’m tired of side effects, fatigue, anxiety, memory loss, fear of being vulnerable and listening to my inner voice. I believe it’s been suppressed by the meds. DBT and church are the best meds I’ve tried and I’ve tried quite a few. I didn’t document a ton, I’m going by memory but it all comes to the same conclusion, these meds are toxic, cause more harm than eating fast food everyday, lose close relationships, most importantly with yourself.  I’ll stop there for now.

Edited by Shep
added complete username to title
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Herstory: Started withdrawal process needed another anti-depressant to help
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Herstory.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:03 PM, Herstory78 said:

I started in August 3018 from Lamictal from 450mg to 400mg. I was also getting off of Prozac and Effexor,  mentally I went completely dark.

We don't recommend coming off more than one drug at a time. Please see: 

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Coming off Lamictal (which tends to be sedating) may cause problems while you're still on antidepressants (which tend to be stimulating) and you may suffer from insomnia and other symptoms. The link above will explain more. 

Are you taking Prozac and Effexor at the same time? 

Please enter all of your drugs in the Drug Interaction Checker and paste a copy here in your thread.

Drug Interaction Checker

For more information on withdrawal, please see:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Healing from antidepressants. Patterns of recovery video (4 minutes)

For the drugs you have listed in your first post:

Tips for tapering off Lamictal (lamotrigine)

Tips for tapering off Effexor (venlafaxine)

Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please stop tapering until we have a chance to get more information. Please continue to use this thread to document your taper and to ask plenty of questions. 

• Administrator

Welcome, Herstory.

Exactly what are you taking now, at what times of day and dosages? What is your current symptom pattern? Do you feel better at any times of day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi herstory, 

How are you doing?💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Herstory78: started withdrawal process needed another antidepressant to help