PennyLane26

PennyLane26 Success Story- Protracted Paxil Withdrawal

PennyLane26
5 hours ago, johnson said:

Hi Penny, 

I just had a question, how did recovery happen for you? Was it gradual over time or did you suddenly wake up one day and instantly feel better? Thanks

Hi Johnson-

Yes it is absolutely gradual and it is not linear. This means you can feel good for days, weeks, even months and then take a few (or several) steps back and feel crappy again.  You definitely do not wake up one day and all of a sudden feel better.  The process requires a lot of patience and optimism.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

Tom37

Hi Pennylane,

When you reinstated to 15mg how long did it take you to stabilise?

I was tapering but crashed going to 3mg and it’s been 4 months and it’s still waves and windows and no clear windows yet and waves are quite difficult.

Thanks for staying in touch as great to see  a recovery story.

PennyLane26

Hi Tom- 

No problem I am happy to help. I wouldn’t exactly call that a reinstatement as I felt pretty much fine for several months leading up to going back on. I am not sure if it was my original anxiety or withdrawals to be honest, but when I did start to get symptoms again 4 months later I freaked out and went running back to Paxil. I wouldn’t recommend going up that high if you’re already down to 3 mg. Once you have started withdrawaling it’s a crap chute on whether or not it will even work. As I’ve stated previously, self care is the number one thing that will help you get through in my opinion. Let me know if you have other questions!

Raindays

PennyLane, you have given me hope. Thanks for coming back to help those still here. 😊 Did you at times feel just totally overwhelmed and like you couldn't make it to go on another day? It feels like it is the same thing day after day. I have been tapering since last June and it feels like I will never get off and recover. What was the best tool you had at your disposal that helped with patience? Thanks so much