xiaoxiao

How Long Do the Shakes Last?

xiaoxiao

It's been 3 1/2 years off of my 10 mg dose of Prozac. I wish I'd found this site before I fast tapered and I'd still be on a very low dose... It seems my WD symptoms from the fast taper have been much easier than some peoples'... although I did have a nervous breakdown and end up in an acute psychiatric facility for 5 days... So there's that! My self care is phenomenally good. I eat a really clean diet, I exercise (as much as I can but sometimes this can exacerbate symptoms), and I meditate a LOT. There has been slow improvement in my level of depression and anxiety. My cortisol levels have certainly dropped some because I can actually sleep now. Now I'll have a day or 3 of crying followed by a week or so of less emoting. I do have some symptoms though that seem not to vary much: shakiness (full body but most easily seen in hands) and this feeling that I have a hard time explaining (even to my therapist) that "all is not well" and it's not attached to an event. Is this dysphoria? Does anyone know how long these symptoms might last? I figure from my original dose of 10mg that a 4 1/2 year slow taper would've had me off... does the FT lengthen the period of time, or just make the WD worse? Or both?