sdducks: people seem to know

sdducks

Pleased to meet everyone!  I have been in complete withdrawal since May 2018 and a half dose (10mg) taper of Citalopram for four years prior to that.  Before that, on Citalopram 20mg for 14 years for depression.  I won't lie, the antidepressants did help me for many years -- years that were some of the most productive of my life.  Medically, they made me happy and I did not have to confront my problems.  Now that I am off Citalopram, I have deep issues again that were always there -- they were just covered up.  

Seven years ago, I was diagnosed with celiac disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  As you can imagine, there has been much in the way of vitamin deficiencies from both issues.  Do I really need antidepressants after those diagnoses?  That's what I am finding out right now.  It has really been a struggle though, a struggle that I deal with every day.  My co-workers and loved ones have noticed the mood changes and anger, which has made me paranoid and afraid to even let any of my feelings be known.  It is really frightening and at times I feel so alone.  I came here for support because no one who is not in withdrawal seems to understand what I deal with daily.  Things are improving slowly.  At least I'm not crying every week or two or even every day.  Thank you all for being here for me and for each other.  These forums are a wonderful thing.

• ChessieCat changed the title to sdducks: people seem to know
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi sdducks and welcome to SA,

To get you started please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi sducks, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.