Liver detox, gallbladder flush, internal cleansing, enemas, fasting & other detoxification methods

poodlebell

TUDCA for you. Google it. It was a lifesaver for me bringing my enzymes down to 150 from 400. 150 being seriously elevated. 

Was on Invega "Xeplion" injection for 3 years 100mg once a month, and Cipralex for 1-2 years 5 mg. Before that I took Abilify for two years at 10 mg. Has experienced trouble with POTS, memory, speech and other neurological problems. Healing seems to take place, as Im now able to go without heart meds. My brain is still not working very well. 

• Altostrata changed the title to Liver detox, gallbladder flush, internal cleansing, enemas, fasting, & other purification methods
  • 3 months later...

anyone have any thoughts on coffee enimas , like Kelly brogan recommends to help with taper, withdrawal etc? 

17 years on Zoloft, 47 years old now

3 years on Ativan for sleep cold turkeyed in 2014

Reinstated after 1 week, cold turkey again 1 month later with phenobarbital. Dp/dr, intrusive thoughts, insomnia, depression, still able to work, exercise heavily, be a parent

After 4 months went to doc, wanted off of Zoloft, didn’t know risks, starting dose 100mg

Rapid taper, got down to 35mg in 6 weeks.  hit real real trouble, akathesia, terror, awake for 6 weeks, hospitalization, put me in 15 temazapam to put me asleep, transfered to some swanky ocean front place in Malibu Ca. Massive polydrugged, got sicker and sicker

10mg zyprexa for 5 months, then tapered

1000mg depakote for 8 months, 10 month taper

Still on 15mg temazapam

Start SSRI taper in jan.

current dose 40mg Zoloft 

15mg temazapam 

• Administrator

Please see above discussion.

If you're tapering in order to maintain the drug in your body at a gently decreasing level, speeding the drug out of your system via a colon cleanse makes no sense.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I recently had an experience with Structured Water, which is water that, according to its proponents, is molecularly restructured for health benefits.  Some call it a scam or hoax, others swear by it.  All I know is that a couple of hours after drinking several glasses of Structured Water, I felt terrible, with symptoms I'd never experienced before.  I read up on the subject and learned that one of the benefits of the water is detox, and detox is the last thing I want while in WD.  Just a cautionary note.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Administrator

@Oceanrat, read the above topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

So there’s a new book out, Radical Metabolism, that is mostly about healing the gallbladder/biliary tree.  Mine started hurting on drug #3 Wellbutrin clear back in 2014.  She says many people w gallbladder issues are sensitive to in order of frequency, pork, eggs, onions.  It’s made a huge difference for me to go off onions.  She has cleanse ideas, but I don’t think they’d be helpful for people in hard WD.  It’s so common to develop food sensitivities in WD.  She also says gallbladder problems are often the cause of thyroid problems.  When fat is not being processed properly, T4 doesn’t convert properly to T3.  (Or vice versa, I don’t have that and don’t track it very well) 

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Altostrata changed the title to Liver detox, gallbladder flush, internal cleansing, enemas, fasting, & other detoxification methods
  • 4 months later...

I'm going to start a thread with the info I'm learning on detoxing for whoever is interested. This is mostly stuff I couldn't engage with for many years when I was gravely sensitive. I remain highly sensitive but more in the range of less injured highly sensitive folks. 

there is a thread I already started that is also associated here: Lyme disease and healing from withdrawal 

I'll add links on another day as well...today I'm adding a post I just wrote below.

Heavy Metals

Heavy metals are just one really heinous environmental toxin that gets into the nervous system and exponentially potentiates “negative” emotions (as well as being painful in ways that go far beyond what most people can conceive of and is associated with all manner of chronic illness and other infections all across the population…which is why the medical establishment shrinks away from the reality and calls people crazy, etc). It’s messed up and only people who have experienced the detox in its extremes really know it–most people teaching detox are working in the dark.

Heavy metal detox can be dangerous as well and some people are much more seriously impacted than others. Your average detox guru is probably safe enough for less complex situations but when we get into the highly complex there is literally no one giving decent info out there. That’s because every healing journey is unique to the individual. The body must be met anew in every instance. General protocols cease to be helpful and can be dangerous. 

Another problem is that mainstream modalities mock folks with these very serious life-threatening issues telling them they’re crazy and don’t even acknowledge what is happening most of the time. There are many folks in living hells with absolutely no help at all…many of these people don’t even know what the issue is because it’s not recognized by the medical establishment.

At the very least there is some research that supports the fact that this is really happening but even then it also remains true that no one knows how to effectively and safely approach worst case scenarios. For example see: (from National Institute of Health)  Chelation: Harnessing and Enhancing Heavy Metal Detoxification—A Review

To be clear, there is a general agreement that heavy metals are some sort of nebulous problem “out there” but when it comes to the individuals who are most impacted there’s little to no recognition in the MD’s office…mostly because, again, they have zero training on such things and they therefore have no idea what they’re seeing when seriously impacted folks present, nor do they know how to help. Hence, the patient must be crazy. It’s a nasty world out there for sensitives quite often. We have to find our own ways out.

The body does and will lead the way as we learn to listen to it.

Yes, we must LEARN TO LISTEN TO THE BODY

The body knows

More on DETOX

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed links

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Detox stuff - advanced
  • Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Gia.  Looks much better.  And definitely easy.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Various bits and pieces that were in different posts but on topic here:

Layers of delusion and dissociation have been directly correlated with seriously imbalanced viral and bacteria colonies and other issues with biofilm matrixes in the body. As I have cleansed (detoxed) I’ve been healing long-standing "autoimmune disease" (the body does not attack itself...we simply need to learn to listen to the body). The brain injury continues to heal as well. “Mental health issues” associated with trauma also clear up as the layers of dissociation disappear with the biofilm matrixes. Word “disappear” while true, belies the real work involved in letting go. This has an emotional/spiritual process and a physical one. No separation.

This healing process has largely been a process of returning to the body.

Listen to the body.

I have had to unlearn everything I took in via, not only western medicine, but all manner of “alternative” conditioning as well. Only my body knows what is right for me and almost everything else is driven by capitalism and is tainted by peoples desperation to make a buck.

On Lymph...which is needed to detox effectively. It's critical...this is a serious part of learning to detox in an effective and safe manner. One must have a healthy lymph system. Being bedridden as I was for several years is the worst as crap in the body has nowhere to go and collects in biofilm making us sicker:

Lymph NEEDS movement and doesn’t have a pump like our heart in order to move. We need a healthy lymph to move out all the endogenous crap our body produces in stress as well as whatever is held in our cells from a life-time of not knowing how to listen to our bodies. It’s a process.

All movement is good and different kinds of movement helps flush the body in different ways. Dancing and yoga are my favorites…lots of different types of yoga and dance help get into all the nooks and crannies of the body. Massage and dry brushing is very helpful too.

I do an Ayurvedic inspired self oil massage every day. It’s such a profound loving self-care ritual! I have gotten hooked on them. Before that I was dry brushing for a few years.

**jumping on a rebounder mini-trampoline is good too.

massage is good, self and from others both

*Epsom salt baths help move lymph and help detox too...it was all I tolerated for a long time really, while I got my diet in shape and coped with the brain injury....it's great to do the dry brushing or the oil massage then get in the tub... 

(dry brushing and the oil massage are REALLY HELPFUL!!) it's a practice and it takes time but once I got cleaned out it really took on huge significance and now I can feel my lymph all the time...)

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Moderator Emeritus

Just a big thank you GiaK.

Still following and often linking folks up to so much of your work!  And I love when you post here.

This one, in particular, is very helpful for me, now.

It seems I have a bit of Copper showing up, on lab work.  And mind you........I'm still looking at those results.  And thankful for my functional(and I assume integrative doctor, who I've had for quite some time now).

So......thank you again!  And here's to me following your fine example of Self Care......and giving due diligence to my own stuff.  I'll try to share whatever I find helps, works, or furthers my own understanding too.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

p.s.  hmmmm, wondering where I'm at now.......I think WD 200's series fits.....B)........2 and 1/2 years now, off them all.  And it's good, it is. 

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Oh good to hear

manymoretoday's thank you.

It's always a strange Pandora's box once you get into this stuff. I think we all intuitively know it, which is why we avoid it for so long. It also quite genuinely does not seem necessary for everybody, by any means. I don't understand much of this journey. I suppose it will always be the case.

Another post from today. This is just the part specific to the sort of detox we speak about here...more on site:

“Detox” is about eating well so that the body can clear daily. We’re always detoxing if we’re healthy. It’s when our detox pathways are challenged with crap food and environmental toxins etc that we get sick and actually need to think about detox. The healthy body detoxes everyday.

Detox is a word with way too much mystification around it. The healthy body detoxes without fanfare. We need to be caring for the body in the way mother nature intended, however. Our society is a long way off. As we come into alignment the body teaches us how to care for it.

mental and emotional and physical are all the same…totally interconnected. I’ve had to do really radical physical detox and it’s highly correlated with trauma release etc…in all sorts of sometimes mind-blowing ways. I wish I had more places to discuss and  share what I’ve learned.

more on detox

Read the rest of the post here:

https://beyondmeds.com/2019/08/26/trauma-detox/

• 8 months later...
On 8/27/2019 at 3:30 AM, GiaK said:

Another post from today. This is just the part specific to the sort of detox we speak about here...more on site:

“Detox” is about eating well so that the body can clear daily. We’re always detoxing if we’re healthy. It’s when our detox pathways are challenged with crap food and environmental toxins etc that we get sick and actually need to think about detox. The healthy body detoxes everyday.

Detox is a word with way too much mystification around it. The healthy body detoxes without fanfare. We need to be caring for the body in the way mother nature intended, however. Our society is a long way off. As we come into alignment the body teaches us how to care for it.

mental and emotional and physical are all the same…totally interconnected. I’ve had to do really radical physical detox and it’s highly correlated with trauma release etc…in all sorts of sometimes mind-blowing ways. I wish I had more places to discuss and  share what I’ve learned.

more on detox

Read the rest of the post here:

https://beyondmeds.com/2019/08/26/trauma-detox/

@GiaK I have very high toxin levels due to a lifetime exposed to chemicals. I understand how dangerous detox can be a) while still on a med and b) while in wd (and I fit into both of these categories). Is it safe however to detox through the foods we eat? For example the suggestions of the Medical Medium? Or is even that too severe? I know celery juice is out for me because of the issues it would cause me metabolising my med. I'm trying to find gentle ways to detox that won't aggrevate my already sensitive system. 

Aug 2004 - Dec 2006: Aropax ( 20mg - 30mg). Aug 2007: Fluoxetine (for 3 weeks).

Sept 07 - July 12: Lexapro ( 10mg - 20mg). Pooped out July 12. Titrated down off Lexapro over 3 weeks and switched to Paroxetine (with Xanax to cover switch for 2 weeks).

Aug 2012 - Aug 2019: Paroxetine (titrated up to 20mg in first few weeks,, dose reduced to 15mg . for 7 years until it 'pooped out'.

4th Aug 2019 - Reduced dose of paroxetine to 10mg (for 1 day) - under phychiatrists directions. Last dose of paroxetine.

5th Aug 2019 - Switch to 15mg Mirtazapine.

5th Aug - 15th Aug 2019 - 15mg Mirtazapine plus intermitent use of Lorazapm (0.25- 0.5 . Also used 12.5mg Quetiapine for 3 nights for sleep.

23rd Aug 2019 - Ended up in crisis team. Mirtazapine increased to 30mg. Diazapam 10mg twice daily.

30th Aug 2019 - Mirtazapine 30mg + Diazapam reduced to 7.5mg twice daily

6th Sept 2019 - Mirtazapine 30mg + Diazapam reduced to 5mg twice daily

13th Sept 2019 - Mirtazapine increased to 45mg. Diazapam increased back up to 10mg twice daily.

20th Sept - 29th Sept 2019: Mirtazapine 45mg. Diazapam being reduced from 10mg down to 0mg this week (in 2mg increments couple of days).

30th Sept - Thursday 3rd Oct 2019: Mirtazapine 45mg. WORST ANXIETY EVER. Akathisia. Couldn't stay still. Suicidal idealization.

Friday 4th October - present: Reduced from 45mg to 30mg (straight drop to alleviate akathisia - reduction definitely helped alot but still not gone completely)

, Vit B6, Curcumin, Magnesium (no adverse effects from adding these supplements - have helped akathisia somewhat).

* Everything done from 23rd August under care of outpatient crisis team management.

Untitled document.docx

People might find this very interesting on the topic of detoxing heavy metals and accumulated toxins from the body in a safe, easy way. I just have started learning about this and have done a few bentonite clay baths,... and have found some relief... not sure to the level of what is being removed from my body, but it is having some effect. I notice less brain fog and an overall sense of well being after one. Here is some info:

*NOTE: I would only use these once OFF all meds as clay can pull medication from the bloodstream to itself.

"...I have put a huge number of patients on these clay baths and the levels of heavy metals – mercury, lead, arsenic, aluminum, and cadmium have come down dramatically…I have been monitoring the levels of metals using all three methods (TD DMPS, oral DMSA and clay baths)and the clay baths are way faster in the removal of metals...”

..."One particular patient had very high levels of mercury and levels of lead that were off the charts. In 3 months of twice weekly clay baths, the lead came down dramatically and the mercury disappeared. The muscle weakness associated with high lead levels improved dramatically. Interestingly enough, another 5 months of these clay baths showed even lower levels of lead but the mercury reappeared. This supports the theory that mercury is sequestered in different areas of our body and it take time to get it all out."

- Dr. Miriam Jang, M.D. , author of "Breakthroughs In Autism", a synopsis of the DAN protocol.

--- --- ---

Taking a therapuetic clay bath, lasting anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours, is one of the most effective methods in existance to help assist the body in the elimination of toxic substances which have accumulated in the body. Clay baths stimulate the lymphatic system and deeply cleanse the body's largest breathing organ ( the skin ). Acting both directly on the body and acting as a systematic catalyst, clay used in this manner interacts directly with the body's immune system, and helps to remove the post-digestive burden placed on the major organs of the body.

Taking a clay bath is like emmersing oneself in a sea comprised of millions of minute crystals.

There are many methods available in both alternative and natural medicine that are designed to "detoxify the body". However, nearly all of them do exactly the opposite: They stimulate the body to release toxic byproducts stored in fat, organs, and other tissues. The result is that these substances are dumped back into the active metabolism. The body, then, is placed under a great deal of toxic stress, even to the point of toxic shock.

This poses quite a problem, for the body has stored these substances for a very specific reason: It has been incapable of eliminating the substances without causing signficant damage. Therefore, the short cut "quick fix" methods to detoxify the body can actually be quite dangerous, and the natural and comprehensive methods can require alot of attention, hard work, and anywhere from six months to three years to accomplish, and are often accompanied by uncomfortable symptoms as the body cleans itself.

Enter clay baths.

The information we present in this section is our experience, and in some cases, contradicts, at least in part, the information shared by other "experts" familiar with the art of healing with clays. Our research is the result of many years of experience, and includes a comprehensive study of clay and mud as it exists and is used in nature, as well many deeply profound discussions with genetic scientists, balneologists, researchers deeply familiar with the works of Tesla, scalar waves, and high frequency technologies.

We certainly agree with everything Raymond Dextreit ( "Earth Cures" ) has to say about supporting the body internally while utilizing clay therapy, and strongly encourage those interested to read his work."

http://www.eytonsearth.org/clay-baths.php?fbclid=IwAR3r_KnC5z-7Y1Gp1dP08ljwTkvTCJoK1aFLBSmDLKQiPUY9izIu3LZhutc

Took Accutane in 2007 at age 19 and a severe reaction to it threw me into Psychiatry's dirty hands. Suffered through a number of c/t's, rapid tapers, drug switches, reinstatements before finally figuring out what was happening to me in 2012 after checking out of psych hospital with a prescription for Ativan and Prozac. (Went in because was unknowingly in Xanax c/t wd and dying at the time from it).

May 2016 - Last dose of Valium after 2 year long taper from 15mg

June 2017- Last dose of the corticosteroid Hydrocortisone after taper

July 2019- Last dose of Prozac after 2 year long taper from 30mg

Was on Accutane, Lexapro, Celexa, Xanax, Ativan, Prozac, Hydrocorisone, Valium, and thyroid meds when none of them were needed. Still recovering to this day and hope to be healed in the coming months, but taking it one day at a time.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, AlaskanGlacier said:

detoxing heavy metals and accumulated toxins

SA does not recommend detoxing during withdrawal.  Withdrawal is stressful enough without adding in this additional stressor.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, Gridley said:

SA does not recommend detoxing during withdrawal.  Withdrawal is stressful enough without adding in this additional stressor.

right, that's made clear above. detox is advanced care for people who are off drugs. it's taken me years to get to this point and I'm still detoxing. I remind everyone that we are all different. many people need nothing like this. My history is radical and extreme in ways that most people aren't even aware because i don't actually talk about everything! I truly do not. Over-sharing is relative when your life has been radically fringe. 

anyway...this info (like all information) is not for everyone. those who might benefit can use what makes sense and leave that which does not...others for whom this sounds crazy or whatever should certainly move on and find what it is they need. We are truly infinitely diverse. 

peace to all may you all be well.

new post on topic:

Getting healthy means coming to balance

I had multiple infections that responded to Lyme disease treatment. I never tested positive for Lyme and gave up on doctors after that. Healing (for me) didn’t mean killing off all micro-organisms. It meant bringing balance by moving out excess of the ones making me sick and building up with other more expansive ones.

These little guys have consciousness. They’e part of us and work together with us. Imbalances is what make us sick. Healthy people have the same bugs in different proportions.

Getting healthy means learning to bring it all to balance. I call it internal eco-system management. This goes along with many other aspects of the body for me since my entire autonomic nervous system got blown out. It was an exceedingly complex process after being bedridden and atrophied for some years.

more on topic:

first published here: Getting healthy means coming to balance

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2011 at 10:36 AM, poodlebell said:

Grapefruit juice, which contains naringenin, slows down Phase I enzyme activity. It decreases the rate of elimination of drugs from the blood and has been found to substantially alter their clinical activity and toxicity. Eight ounces of grapefruit juice contains enough of the flavonoid naringenin to decrease cytochrome P450 activity by a remarkable 30%.

Edited: after thinking again i think it might be problematic but if you think differently and you had good experience with a very little amounts of this juice please tell.

What do you think about grapefruit juice during tapering? Can it increase the half life of cymbalta and lessen the withdrawl symptoms?

2010-2015 Cipramil 20-40mg. half-year break in the middle which was tough.

2015-2020 Venlafaxine 150-225 mg. Venlafaxine duloxetine cross taper details 

150 for half-year then 225 for a period than stabilized in ~187.5 (1.25 pills) for 2 years than reduced to ~168.5 (1.125 pills).

3.2020 - Duloxetine 60mg.

19.05.2020 - started to taper - 59! 20.5 - 58.5. June 2020: 57. end of June - 55.5

Summer 2020: 5.7 - 54, 9.7 - 52, 12.7 - updose to 53+, 19.7 - 52.3, 26.7 - 51.8, 4.8 51.3, 11.8 - 50.8, 15.8 - updose to 51.0, 17.8 - 50.5, 19.8 - 50.3, 19.9 - 49.3

Autumn-winter: 7.10 - 46.8, 1.12 - 45.8, 17.12 - 44.4, 30.12 - 42.4, 21.1 - 40.8. 17.2 - 40.1, end of feb - 38.6,

springmid march updose to 40.1, 28.3 - 38.6, 15.4 - 37.5, 14.5 - 36.8, end of may 37.5+ and after a week 39

Summer 2021:  mid of june again to 36.7, end of july 39.5.

11.10.2021 - 40.7 📌

5 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Edited: after thinking again i think it might be problematic but if you think differently and you had good experience with a very little amounts of this juice please tell.

What do you think about grapefruit juice during tapering? Can it increase the half life of cymbalta and lessen the withdrawl symptoms?

I found this about grapefruit juice:

Mixing Cymbalta with grapefruit or grapefruit juice may increase the risk of side effects or overdose. The acidic fruit interferes with the metabolism of the drug and may allow it to build up in the patient.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

In general it is not a good idea to mix any medication with grapefruit juice. There are several things in grapefruit juice that make it to react badly with many different medications causing them to not work properly. The decreased enzyme activity causes mal-absorption and reduced the bio-availability of many drugs which in turn causes misdosing.   Most other citrus juices are fine, but there is just something about grapefruit that makes it a no go.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• ChessieCat changed the title to Liver detox, gallbladder flush, internal cleansing, enemas, fasting & other detoxification methods
  • 9 months later...

Hello Everybody...it's been a long time since I've posted here. I've hardly been writing and I've largely stopped writing for Everything Matters: Beyond Meds though it's still there as an archive and for perhaps occasional work from myself and others. 

I started another website and intend to continue posting some of the odd bits and pieces I often post and I'm moving away from concentrating on psych stuff...this piece that I'm sharing today is about chronic illness in general which for me includes many withdrawal illnesses...since it's in particular about microbiome involvement I thought I'd share it here in this Detox section as i know it's not helpful for everyone on this site but I do know some of you find resonance with some of this as well. 

if you want to catch all of what I post on the new site you should subscribe to it. The button is on the site. I won't be sharing most of what I post. I also don't post often.

NEW POST

https://monicacassani.com/2021/05/20/chronic-illness-linked/

auto-immune illness, chronic illness, withdrawal illness (how it’s all linked for me)

I learned “auto-immune” meant my system was in over-drive all the time because it was fighting real infections. Western medicine says that auto-immune means the body is hurting itself. For me this was untrue. My body was fighting and waiting for me to start cooperating.

Infections that are locked up in biofilm don’t show up on labs. It does not make them any less real. They become much more dangerous because the medical system denies their existence and tells many people with “unexplained” chronic issues that they are delusional. Shameful.

Biofilm encased infections can vary from completely harmless/contained to raging insanity. Pharma in my instance (and the ensuing withdrawal illness) created outrageous opportunistic infections. Stuff in biofilm is, in general, anti-biotic resistant hence chronicity of all sorts can develop.

I’ve never regretted giving up on getting diagnosed. What I’ve learned as an undiagnosed chronically ill person (auto-immune and “lyme disease” like stuff secondary to heavy pharmaceutical withdrawal) is that all chronic illness is similar in fundamental ways. Believing one has something specific is detrimental to getting well.

I’ve spent a lot of time in chronic illness scenes and seen massive amounts of cross-over. Very few people know this but slowly I meet more that do. We venture forth learning to listen to our own unique bodies. Learning from everyone with who suffers while leaving dogma behind.

I am free.

In silence I sometimes “hear” words – it’s not exactly thinking because when centered in the quiet, words suggest to me what to do to heal the chaos that is “auto-immune,” “chronically ill” body. The physical reality is real – so is the gentle guidance. A psychiatrist would call this insanity. I call it connection, intuition, peace and love.

Waking up and healing the body of that which gets called autoimmune, chronic illness etc. – are destructive processes that then require rebuilding of both body and psyche. Healing, as an act of both destruction and creation, requires Kali energy.

kali.jpeg?w=900 Kali

When it comes to food sensitivities I learned that which I don’t tolerate the most is often (not always) what I also need the most…a paradox and razors edge to work with. The intolerance is real and physiological. Sometimes even life-threatening.

How this all comes to be and then how we undo it as we learn to listen to the body is fascinating. It’s beautiful too and also horrifying to learn how in the dark most everyone is. For me it’s also been a potentially deadly process and there has been no societal support whatsoever. I would be dead or, if caught and unlucky, an institutionalized zombie without the support of my loving partner who sees that I am aware and clear as I heal bodily issues that society abandons and kills people for. The homeless, many of the so-called drug-addicted (people coping as best they can given their circumstances) and the so-called seriously and chronically mentally ill have versions of this sort of stuff going on. And what is this stuff? Mostly the microbiome gone awry. The microbiome is not just in the gut…it’s all over the body and brain and when it’s gravely imbalanced all manner of illness comes to be. This has been my experience as I learn to heal in continued awareness of this body that this awareness finds itself in.

Layers of delusion and dissociation have been directly correlated with seriously imbalanced viral and bacteria colonies and other issues with biofilm matrices in the body. All these little beings have consciousness after all! As I have cleansed (detoxed) I’ve been healed of long-standing autoimmune disease as well as brain injury. The journey continues as it’s a layered process of self-discovery…it took a lifetime to build and so it takes much time to untangle.

“Mental health issues” associated with trauma also clear up as the layers of dissociation disappear with the biofilm matrices. The word “disappear” while true, belies the real work involved in letting go. This is an emotional/spiritual process and a physical one. No separation. Trauma and family and societal dysfunction are all critical parts of how all of this stuff gets embodied in the sensitive individual. And really everybody…we simply deal with it in a multitude of ways. Remember the title of my last work: Everything Matters.

https://monicacassani.com/2021/05/20/chronic-illness-linked/

• 4 months later...
On 5/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, AlaskanGlacier said:

People might find this very interesting on the topic of detoxing heavy metals and accumulated toxins from the body in a safe, easy way. I just have started learning about this and have done a few bentonite clay baths,... and have found some relief... not sure to the level of what is being removed from my body, but it is having some effect. I notice less brain fog and an overall sense of well being after one. Here is some info:

*NOTE: I would only use these once OFF all meds as clay can pull medication from the bloodstream to itself.

"...I have put a huge number of patients on these clay baths and the levels of heavy metals – mercury, lead, arsenic, aluminum, and cadmium have come down dramatically…I have been monitoring the levels of metals using all three methods (TD DMPS, oral DMSA and clay baths)and the clay baths are way faster in the removal of metals...”

..."One particular patient had very high levels of mercury and levels of lead that were off the charts. In 3 months of twice weekly clay baths, the lead came down dramatically and the mercury disappeared. The muscle weakness associated with high lead levels improved dramatically. Interestingly enough, another 5 months of these clay baths showed even lower levels of lead but the mercury reappeared. This supports the theory that mercury is sequestered in different areas of our body and it take time to get it all out."

- Dr. Miriam Jang, M.D. , author of "Breakthroughs In Autism", a synopsis of the DAN protocol.

--- --- ---

Taking a therapuetic clay bath, lasting anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours, is one of the most effective methods in existance to help assist the body in the elimination of toxic substances which have accumulated in the body. Clay baths stimulate the lymphatic system and deeply cleanse the body's largest breathing organ ( the skin ). Acting both directly on the body and acting as a systematic catalyst, clay used in this manner interacts directly with the body's immune system, and helps to remove the post-digestive burden placed on the major organs of the body.

Taking a clay bath is like emmersing oneself in a sea comprised of millions of minute crystals.

There are many methods available in both alternative and natural medicine that are designed to "detoxify the body". However, nearly all of them do exactly the opposite: They stimulate the body to release toxic byproducts stored in fat, organs, and other tissues. The result is that these substances are dumped back into the active metabolism. The body, then, is placed under a great deal of toxic stress, even to the point of toxic shock.

This poses quite a problem, for the body has stored these substances for a very specific reason: It has been incapable of eliminating the substances without causing signficant damage. Therefore, the short cut "quick fix" methods to detoxify the body can actually be quite dangerous, and the natural and comprehensive methods can require alot of attention, hard work, and anywhere from six months to three years to accomplish, and are often accompanied by uncomfortable symptoms as the body cleans itself.

Enter clay baths.

The information we present in this section is our experience, and in some cases, contradicts, at least in part, the information shared by other "experts" familiar with the art of healing with clays. Our research is the result of many years of experience, and includes a comprehensive study of clay and mud as it exists and is used in nature, as well many deeply profound discussions with genetic scientists, balneologists, researchers deeply familiar with the works of Tesla, scalar waves, and high frequency technologies.

We certainly agree with everything Raymond Dextreit ( "Earth Cures" ) has to say about supporting the body internally while utilizing clay therapy, and strongly encourage those interested to read his work."

http://www.eytonsearth.org/clay-baths.php?fbclid=IwAR3r_KnC5z-7Y1Gp1dP08ljwTkvTCJoK1aFLBSmDLKQiPUY9izIu3LZhutc

@AlaskanGlacier@GiaK

Hi all. I recently tried a treatment called BAX 3000 to help with balancing my nervous system and whole body as well as reverse allergies to foods. Today I only did one to balance my bodys systems that are out of wack such as endocrine, adrenals, autonomic nervous system, chakras, meridians, and everything else he tested that had a weak response. He said I may feel out of it for a day or two but as the treatment was happening my brain started buzzing. I realized after I think its a detoxing method as well. I'm wondering if in a couple days this doesnt get better if I should try calming acupuncture next? I'm scared this feeling will last for months. I wanted to wait until I was out of this months long wave I'm in now (since July) from trying and stopping supplements / foods /extreme stress, but I have a hard time saying no because this treatment is supposed to help me tolerate more foods which I desperately need. His treatment today was balacing and reprogramming my nervous system working with autonomic, endocrine, adrenals, etc and even my lexapro to help my body tolerate it more and eventually wean off. Has anyone done this or have knowledge on if ist stimulating/detoxifying/if i should try acupuncture even though I'm in a wave and could potentially put myself into a deeper one? How long will this wave last? I'm really scared that I made the wrong decision, I'm just so deperate to get better. I knew this was too good to be true and I'm still way too sensitive. I feel sick now with a heavy head spinning and nauseous. What can I do to heal? Just time? 

Here is an explanation of BAX 3000:

Sitting in front of the BAX system’s Digital Conductance Meter (DCM), a patient is exposed to digitalized frequencies via a radio wave transmitted through their body It will positively condition or train autonomic nervous system to no longer respond in stressful manner to substance. The laser is rebooting your body to perceive substances correctly. How it works is that is reduces stress levels in the autonomic nervous system, because stress causes most health related conditions. It identfies substances that increase stress levels and these stressors are paired with positive stimuli, releasing endorphins triggered by nerve bundle stimulation. Once released, they calm the nervous system and replaces the negative association with a neutral one. .These energetic frequencies match those of the substance(s) the person has been reacting to, such as milk, wheat, household cleaners, food additives, animal dander, dust and pollens. This fools the person’s body into thinking that it is being exposed to the actual items through ingestion, inhalation, and / or contact, thus setting up an imperceptible reaction in their body. At the same time, a small (cold) laser, which emits thd same frequencies but at a homeopathic antidote dose, is applied to the central nervous system by shining the light first on the forehead then slowly moving it up over the top of the head and down along the spine to its base. This internally cancels the reaction and in effect reprograms the person’s body (just like with NAET) to no longer react to the substance. During the final portion of the treatment, the laser is applied to specific acupuncture points on the arms, hands, and feet to further strengthen the treatment.

-2014: Lexapro/escitalopram 10 mg, 2015-2021: Lexapro/escitalopram 20 mg

-10/2020-3/2021: decreased 20 mg to 15 mg, 1 mg a month

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-4/2021: 3-6 days cold turkey lexapro, withdrawal symptoms so reinstated 2.5 mg 

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

-11/2020 omeprazole 20 mg, 3/2021: omeprazole 40 mg,

-Nordic Naturals Ultimate omega 3 fish pill: 1280 mg

-montelukast: 10 mg dailyzyrtec: 10 mg daily 

-3/20/2021-7/25: mesalamine 1.2 GM, 3 times a day - dropped

-birth control: Trilinyah 2014- 2/1/2021 quit cold turkey middle of pack 

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

7/16/2021 - probiophage probiotic - dropped 

breath. I find it's best to wait until i have a clue what to do next. that of course is a practice in and of itself. 

still.

breath.

tomorrow things will look different.

(oh, and for the record, I did lots of clay baths and activated charcoal baths too...they're intense...did a good year of those but it's now been several years...it certainly didn't "cure" me...ha ha ha)... oh well. 

• 1 month later...

If I eat too much broccoli or high protein will that contribute to detoxing phase 1 and therefore stress out my nervous system and increase my WD symptoms?

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

Can switching from non organic to organic foods not gradually cause a shift in WD symptoms from detoxing?

• Moderator Emeritus

If you know that you are sensitive, or do not know if you are, it is generally a good idea to make any changes gradually.  For example if you drink 6 cups of caffeinated coffee each day you would not stop completely but gradually either reduce the number you drink or gradually switch to decaf.

And you only make one change at a time, otherwise you might not be able to pin point what is causing any issues or is helping.  As an example of this, I have just had a blood test and my cholesterol and blood glucose are both too high.  She expected me to start medication at the same time as changing my diet.  I told her that I will change my diet and get another blood test after 3 months and then reassess.  And even with changing my diet I have not made a drastic change, I am doing it in stages.

And of course we need to listen to our body/symptoms whilst making any change.  And keep a food diary and note your symptoms can be helpful.

And remember that we are all individuals and what another person might have no issues doing might be difficult for you and vice versa.

Post #1 of the following topic is aimed at drugs, however the same rules might apply to other things:

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

21 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

If you know that you are sensitive, or do not know if you are, it is generally a good idea to make any changes gradually.  For example if you drink 6 cups of caffeinated coffee each day you would not stop completely but gradually either reduce the number you drink or gradually switch to decaf.

And you only make one change at a time, otherwise you might not be able to pin point what is causing any issues or is helping.  As an example of this, I have just had a blood test and my cholesterol and blood glucose are both too high.  She expected me to start medication at the same time as changing my diet.  I told her that I will change my diet and get another blood test after 3 months and then reassess.  And even with changing my diet I have not made a drastic change, I am doing it in stages.

And of course we need to listen to our body/symptoms whilst making any change.  And keep a food diary and note your symptoms can be helpful.

And remember that we are all individuals and what another person might have no issues doing might be difficult for you and vice versa.

Post #1 of the following topic is aimed at drugs, however the same rules might apply to other things:

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. If I dropped two different foods for a week and a half without doing it gradually, should I add them back in to help keep me stable or just ride it out depending on how I feel?

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Sicksagittarius said:

If I dropped two different foods for a week and a half without doing it gradually, should I add them back in

Are you joking?!?!?!?  You are asking this question?  Yes, I am exasperated.  As previously stated, SA is a site for tapering psychiatric drugs.  The staff do sometimes offer suggestions about other things, which I have already done.

Just as with tapering and withdrawal members need to do their own research, listen to their symptoms and and make up their own minds how they will do things.  This site is not here for staff or members to help manage the minutae/very small details of a member's life. 

Please use your common sense.

For anyone wondering about the tone of my post, please see this post in member's intro topic.

• 2 weeks later...

so, my detox has over the last few years revealed what turns out to be gross micro-organism imbalances. I've diligently spent over a decade slowly opening detox pathways and now I know why it took so long. I have tested positive for Lyme and I know I have several co-infections with multiple unidentified micro-organisms. My head, face, brain have all been affected.  I also have tardive diskenisia an often grave "movement disorder" which is a drug injury that is ignored -- people live awful lives and MDs don't do anything to help because, you know, they're psych patients. I have had to wing it on this as well. There is literally not one bit of good info on the internet. I have found my own way to some extent but it remains to be seen how much I can heal it.

Finally this year the detox goes more smoothly. It took moving out of a moldy house among other things. This is my latest piece that captures this progress as much as I know how to speak it at this juncture. Speaking this stuff is difficult. I continue to learn how to do that and seem to be finally returning to the world a bit as I do that. 

Tardive dyskinesia and thoughts from the mindful healing process….

I have lyme disease (for which I have mostly used Buhner inspired treatments) and I also have tardive dyskinesia, a grave symptom associated with pharmaceutical injury. It seems to me that the TD is the body trying to rid itself of the invading micro-organisms and environmental toxins like pharma and heavy metals, etc. Because TD is associated with psych drugs no one has really studied it. It will come to no surprise among folks with Lyme that it’s not believed for many of the same reasons there is a denial about Lyme disease in general. This is my first post about the two intersecting in my body. I’m only now learning to language the experience. I hope to reach others with TD who have given up on ever finding hope. Lyme disease is marginally acknowledged and understood. TD is not. People are left to suffer and die in agony.

These are snippets from around my several therapeutic environments on social media. By necessity these places have become my trauma therapist via hive mind. There has never been anywhere else to share my process. I frankly freak professionals out and have learned to steer clear. I am grateful.

I’ve spent a little bit of time in a few tardive dyskinesia groups now and oriented myself.

Certainly the hope for natural treatments here allows me to feel more comfortable. I’m no longer able to take pharma (of any kind) even if I wanted to. I developed severe sensitivity to everything along with the TD also associated with Lyme Disease.

My main way of dealing with TD is surrender– I’ve not seen anyone else speak of it at all — It may seem radical at first but for me, for good or bad, it became the only possible course of action. I was bedridden and nonverbal for 5 years…I’ve been very ill for a long time beyond that.

The TD is only part of the symptom profile yet it became obvious with constant mindful attention (while stuck in bed unable to speak and also thinking very clearly) that the TD was critical to getting well in general. For me it became obvious that the mouth movements and the body shaking were all part of an attempt for the body to detox — the TD being the animal, (think lizard brain) wanting to get detox pathways open.

I realized at some point when I was bedridden that the only way out of the hell I found myself in was absolute surrender. This has meant freely allowing and supporting the TD. Over time it’s become clear that it has a wisdom that only the body understands and the more I listen the better it gets.

This is a crazy hard journey. I don’t recommend what I’m doing and also I’m sharing because it was the only thing I could do and maybe someone else needs to think along these lines. I deeply respect the totally unique path we are all on so it’s not like I think anyone should do what I’m doing. thank you for allowing me to share. I think the worst part of this is not being able to talk about it to anyone.

I don’t go to doctors anymore and haven’t for years. I surrendered to the process….for me TD is the body trying to reclaim itself in a world that has denied what it KNOWS. I’m healing but it’s also a treacherous path…this surrendered path.

it took me years to figure out that no one but me would know my path and I would have to uncover it one step at a time…I started doing much better when I stopped looking for someone who actually knew what to do. I never found that person except inside of me. She knows. All she need do is trust.

I am shapeshifter…it happens spontaneously as I dance with the environment and context I find myself in.

life on the razors edge…living in paradox… surrender …. always beauty amongst the profound hellishness….life is a mystery

The ease of surrender: the body knows what to do as long as “I” get out of the way

Speak your story if it needs to be told – don’t apologize to anyone for it…it’s necessary to heal. When silence is asked for by society it’s rape culture talking. It’s racism, it is every bigotry and injustice that the priviliged want to pretend doesn’t happen…

Silence is not always golden

Silence comes in it’s own time…be with what is and love yourself.

first published at monicacassani.com

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried enema  during withdrawl. It was recommended by a naturopath. 

Year 2010 to 2020 remeron, Buspar, atenelol, Ativan as needed (once a week)  remeron  stopped working (pooped out)

oct 2020 started amitryptyline took it 3 months 

Dec started wellbutrin, Stopped it 3 months later 

Started Paxil again for 3 months

took vibryd for 1 month, Stopped it in 5 days 

Started sam e 100mgs 3x a day, Tyrosine 1000mgs 3 x a dayfor 6 months 

August 2020 - Off all antidepressants 

16 th of Feb, 2023  started taperingsam e  the 100mg  2 x a day of sam e. I stopped taking the  afternoon one. And started every other day then every r day.

• GGGG changed the title to Enema colon cleanse
  • 2 weeks later...

@GGGG

please do not start new threads for topics that already exist. We try to keep the site tidy so as to have relevant information in one place. Please do a search before you post. I am merging your new post here. It takes a lot of moderator and admin time for us to keep cleaning after people. 

Thank you, 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Generally, we do not recommend harsh detox methods for people whose nervous systems have been sensitized by withdrawal.

There's a possibility that you might react badly to any of the substances used in detox.

If you have gut problems, you might start with the mildest interventions (e.g. bland diet) first.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy