Athosverona

Success story from Sydney - Athosverona

Athosverona

Hi All,

I haven’t posted on here before but I’ve read posts while I was withdrawing and thinking I was going to die. I’m here to share some hope with you. One of the most difficult things when I was withdrawing was the thought “what if I’m like this forever”. That thought petrified me.  I almost didn’t post this because once I was healed I just wanted to get on with my life. But I came back because I felt you all needed to know that you will get through it just like I did as well as to share with you the different things I did.

I had withdrawals for two years approximately and in that period had depression, anxiety, an inability to sleep and constant heart palpitations. It sucks. I don’t think I’ve gone through anything harder in my life. It took me to the edge of sanity. The hardest thing with recovery is the constant swinging. I went back and forth between different symptoms. First anxious then depressed then anxious etc etc. What I’ve realised is that these changes are really just something healing in your brain and then the body goes onto the next thing. After a switch I often noticed that my thought process was better than before. It’s not going back and forth but really just around your brain healing you. It does cause a feeling of hopelessness unless you frame it as progress rather than just the body going in circles. 

The things I did to heal

1. Fasting (tricky one. At different stages this makes you feel better or worse but I’m sure it helps the healing process. It might be uncomfortable for you though depending on where you are. I did both dry and water fasting up to 3 days and intermittent fasting. 

2. Keto. If you have anxiety this should help bring it down. You will feal crap for a few days tho. After this depending on where you are in the healing process it could tip you into depression. 

3. Supplements Vitamin D, Iron, C, Fish Oil, Lions Mane, B. Once again depending on where you are on the healing curve these will have a different impact. Early on a Fish Oil pill have me anxiety for days. Now it’s fine and relaxing. You need to keep trying different things because your body keeps changing.

4. Worked out about 4 times a week for the 2 years. Weights mostly and some cardio.

5. Cold showers. Good for sleeping.

6. Meditation. Listen to Eckart Tolle. Do your mindfulness meditation. You will be stronger after going through this nightmare if you do. 

Anyway I wish you all luck. I’m sure I’ve said what other people have said before but make sure you take care of yourselves. 

Much love 

A. 

ChessieCat

Hi Athosverona and welcome to SA,

Thank you for joining in order to share your experience.

It would be helpful if you could provide information about the drug/s you were taking and how you stopped them.  This will give context to your experience.  Thank you.

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

ChessieCat

From how-to-write-your-success-story

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2012 at 3:24 AM, Altostrata said:

Summarize who you are (age, medications you quit, your taper strategy) and, looking back, the pattern of your recovery, including how long each stage took, what helped you heal, and what you've learned from the experience.

Altostrata

Athosverona, thank you for visiting and posting your Success Story. 

We do need to know more about your drug history, that information is vitally important to our members.

Please come back and give us more details, also respond to any questions. Your experience can indicate ways people can aid their healing. These Success Stories give our members hope.

GirlfromD

Congratulations Athosverona! ☺️ And thank you for sharing your story and giving hope. Well done. 💕

FarmGirlWorks
On 1/10/2019 at 7:56 PM, Athosverona said:

I did both dry and water fasting up to 3 days and intermittent fasting.

Hi there and THANK YOU so much for your success story. I want to fast but do not know the difference between dry/water/intermittent. Can you explain? Thanks and congratulations for surviving this total crazy nightmare.

ChessieCat
On 1/17/2019 at 6:58 PM, Altostrata said:

Athosverona, thank you for visiting and posting your Success Story. 

We do need to know more about your drug history, that information is vitally important to our members. 

Please come back and give us more details, also respond to any questions. Your experience can indicate ways people can aid their healing. These Success Stories give our members hope.

RusTW

Athosverona what was the first signs in your recovery that you were getting there or close.

Near the end did you have Windows and waves. How did that pattern go or change.

Thank you Russ