dchic: my life is gone

dchic

hi my name is Diana from Colombia. I have a very long story behind me; but basically I have been taking all kinds of drugs since the age of 18. I was given an injection of risperal about 15 days ago...I had sudden extreme memory loss or amnesia, all of my feelings were completely gone I was agitated constantly and crying for no reason I became very suicidal and severely depressed, I am still very amnesic and with episodes I cannot put into words. I currently take lithium and klonopin as well. can anyone tell me if the amnesia goes away or is it permanent brain damage?

Edited by ChessieCat
removed surname
  • ChessieCat changed the title to dchic: my life is gone
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, dchic.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

The amnesia and other symptoms will get better in time. There are many people who've been on these drugs and come off and healed and likely, a large part of it are side effects, not permanent damage. 

Since you are on multiple drugs, please have a read of this thread, as it explores how to deal with polypharmacy. 

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

And some general information on withdrawal:

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Healing from antidepressants. Patterns of recovery video (4 minutes)

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please continue to use this thread to document your symptoms and to ask plenty of questions.