☼ shawny: off amitriptyline 10mg - need advice

shawny

Hi Shawny. I have visual snow syndrome plus bilateral tinnitus since coming off Venlafaxine and dosage changes to amitriptyline. It's been a year and the visual snow is still there. There is a support group on facebook for visual snow with about 10k members. Also search my name here you'll know more about what I have gone through and am going through. 

Citalopram 30mg 2008 - 2015
Citalopram 30mg + Mirtazapine 15mg 2015 - 2016
Venlafaxine 150mg + Mirtazapine 15mg then 30mg 2016 - 2017
Venlafaxine 150mg + Amitriptyline 50mg January 2017. Coming off Venlafaxine took about 8 months 
March 2018 stopped venlafaxine. Increased amitriptyline to 150mg over two weeks end of March. Couldn't tolerate side effects. CT for 5 days then went back to 50mg amitriptyline since 8 April 2018

Hi 

im sorry about ur condition, I no longer have vision snow :( not like I used to have it before it has faded like many other o my symptoms :) 

im left with tinnitus , afterimages n floaters :( 

i did read about ur story :( 

M so sorry about it but u belive if we are away from drugs I think our bodies will heal so I’m waitin fr tat to happen 

Sept 28 : nov 10 amitriptyline 10 mg

no history of drugs in past 

symptoms 

mild grainy vision , visual snow 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 5 weeks later...

@ten0275 ur back online ? 

How u been :) I trired messaging u but I guess it stays u can’t revive any messages 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 2 weeks later...

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

@Shep

@WiggleIt

@brassmonkey

@ten0275

Hi All , 

I have still 7 days for 7th month to end.

I'm still may be little struggling but in larger scale of things im surviving.

what's gone for me or got less , 

1. Grainy vision ( Vision Snow or Static ) not there anymore , very very less like 5 % now 

2. Dizziness too seems to have gone too 

3. Headaches too have reduced 

I am a little off during my periods like 2 or 3 days before or after my periods i get into a WAVE , like for 3 weeks i'll be fine then the big WAVE hits me , during this all my symptoms get amplified like anxiety and all , but the below symptoms have always been there irrespective of window or wave 

1. like most of the days my after images are less or like 50 % reduction but when i'm in a WAVE it's too a 100 % and its bad 

2. tinnitus still stays at 2 or 3 out of 10( 3/10 )  in the right and 1 out of 10( 1/10 )  in the left., habituation i guess , can still listen to it only in silence , 

3. Blurred Vision I have this more off late i need to blink my eyes like a zillion times to get rid of it  , still there but not that troublesome.

4. Anxiety may be like 2 or 3 days for may be 30 min in a month ? that's way better than how it used to be like starting of the year.

5. Floaters : no change , still having these , i remember they increased in March ( 3 months after stopping the drug ) 

Apart from this i did have one symptom that i didn't have for a long time , as soon as u fall a sleep , you body wakes u up suddenly like a jolt ? , i had it ft 3 to 4 days thankfully yesterday i didn't have it .

New Symptom : right ear pressure , not sure why but it started as head pressure 3 days ago and now feel like ear pressure in both the ears , is this common or WD involved not sure due to which i feel my ears are clogged i try releasing the pressure i feel good momentarily then again it starts and do to which I feel my hearing is lil compromised not to a vast extend but may bt 5 % of my hearing not sure if its pressure , but feel something is obstructing my ears so try clearing the pressure by manual exercise not sure again ( I need to mention that I took 1/2 tablet of DART ( Paracetamol; Caffeine & Propyphenazone ) for a headache )  not sure if this has contributed to this.

Still haven't found clear signs of me recovering continuously , may be the path to my recovery will be long cannot  still get the feeling that this will pass , withdrawal is always on my mind as these issues am suffering is physical , i know i might not be as bad as many of us here , but each suffering is different and so is each individual.

I haven't got the feeling that I will completely fine irrespective of taking this disaster drug for 1 month ( 10mg ) , i'm just being a robot sometimes and pretentious in front of my family who feel im doing much better than Used to be , it's sad to lie to them but same time I know they can't do much about it .

As @brassmonkey says it "Cleansing my Fire" is the way out , I'm surely not going to recover in months as already at a half away mark and still feel sh*tty may be a year or more or may be never ! 

Im being optimistic Il ride this with all of ul and all the suffering will just be a distant dream i never wish to visit again ! 

Thanks guys ! for this site i just had to rant and then cribbing in silence 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All , 

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

@Shep

@Santino

@WiggleIt

@brassmonkey

@ten0275

1 week for my 8th month to end and starting my 9th month.

Symptoms I have 

1. Blurry vision : this has increased over the month , not sure if its hormonal as it more during my periods :( sometimes I need to blink a zillion times to see , some days they are bad I guess during the long waves but some days it's not there , today it's there and day 2 of my period may be its hormonal too.

2. Tinnitus : No Spikes until last one month , more like head buzzing , does bother me now , I can hear it only in silent rooms still stays at 3/10

3. Floaters : Strangely there was a big floater on my right eye and it started getting transparent i know for sure as I keep seeing it everyday , it was a blob of black spot which now turned into transparent

4. Afterimages : Still there and strong , hope it goes for me

5. Weird Eye flashes : not bothersome , got myself checked clean not to worry so its withdrawal again

IF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS GO AWAY I WILL CONSIDER MYSELF OUT OF WITHDRAWAL  :)

SYMPTOMS that are GONE 

4. Pins and Needles :    lasted for 3 days , was really bad but went away.

5.Sudden Jolts from Sleep : Used to be a time when I used to wake up suddenly from my sleep , but that gone now

6. When I move from dark to light room , I used to have flickering of light ( this used to be there from the time I started taking the drug , fortunately from the last few days I dont have it.

7. Headache : Gone 

8. Dizziness  : Gone 

9.Grainy Vision : when I wake up its very very mild don't notice it most of the times , it close to normal 

10. Anxiety : May be a few hours or minutes before my periods , may be that's normal

11. Right Ear Pressure : was there for a few days , on and off but gone for now.

As I inch closer to my 1 year mark I hope I get my symptoms reduced , however now  I can do normal stuff , sleep is normal, praying to get better.

Thanks for your support , I have learnt to accept everything for now and move on ! 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• Administrator

shawny, thanks for updating. Looks like you are healing. When we say recovery is gradual and takes a long time, that's what we mean!

Did you ever try fish oil and magnesium?

On 1/21/2019 at 12:42 PM, Altostrata said:

We don't know when you'll recover. It will be very slow, gradual, and frustrating.

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Many women find their post-acute withdrawal symptoms flare up at times in their menstrual cycles. Has this gotten better or worse for you over the last 6 months?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata 

firstly Tanx for the community u have built , I stay in India where none o this even is even believable ! 

I started accepting this to be normal and part of withdrawal , if it’s not for this site I would have been polydrugged for my symptoms! 

I understand these are Gona take some time to go :( patience is the key 

with respect to magnesium and fish oil , 

i tried flax seeds which contains fish oil and I started feeling dizzy and nauseas :( 

so I stopped :( I think I’m sensitive to evertyn so I’m just ridin it :( 

with respect to periods :( yes all my symptoms ramp up before o during my periods :( 

i just checked my log book and I saw that I get new symptoms during my periods and subside once the periods stopped ! 

I think il survive over a period o months or years :) 

if if my ears and eye issues clear up IL ve withdrawal free ! 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shawny, I want to let you know that you’re not alone.I have the same vision problems you describe, afterimages, vision flashes, blurry vision, poor depth perception and visual snow

Lorazepam -2 weeks-1 week 3 mg.4 days 2mg, 3 days 1mg. 13-27 November 2018

Lexapro -2 months-6 weeks of 10mg, 2 weeks of 5mg 27 November 2018-27 January 2019

Yes it’s crazy @Kronos18 on such short use :( 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

13 minutes ago, shawny said:

Yes it’s crazy @Kronos18 on such short use :( 

Exactly! This shows exactly how powerful these drugs are, good news is that we are very young and we will recover.

Lexapro -2 months-6 weeks of 10mg, 2 weeks of 5mg 27 November 2018-27 January 2019

@Kronos18  

im nt sure wen man :( 

I’m 29 , I’m 10 months out :( 

still have issues n loads o them ! 

M just waityn it out ! 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

2 minutes ago, shawny said:

@Kronos18  

im nt sure wen man :( 

I’m 29 , I’m 10 months out :( 

still have issues n loads o them ! 

M just waityn it out ! 

I’m 22 man and i’m 6 months out.Still suffering daily, can’t do much but wait. I hope one day it will come to an end

Apparently we will , max 3 years minimum of 1.5 years according to what I read on this site :) 

healing is always happening n we usually suffer badly for a year or so then it gets better ! 

Spoke to a lot o ppl here they did all heal 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

1 minute ago, shawny said:

Apparently we will , max 3 years minimum of 1.5 years according to what I read on this site :) 

healing is always happening n we usually suffer badly for a year or so then it gets better ! 

Spoke to a lot o ppl here they did all heal 

That’s true, a lot of people say that the first year is the worst, then things get a lot easier.We’re almost there, i’m also amazed about many people saying that one day the symptoms just dissapear.

@Kronos18 : Hope so :((( 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All , 

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

@Shep

@Santino

@WiggleIt

@brassmonkey

@ten0275

so entering into the 10th month , dreading this month for sure , 9th month with weird range of new symptoms

so month 9th has need weird , im not sure if its withdrawal or something else.

I have the headaches back  , and its worse this time , 

1. Headaches , one side , all side and pain behind the eyes  , I can see properly but same time I feel im not seeing right 

2. Fever on and off , not sure why this is happening , given myu blood tests for sampling , im thinking its something else but I also feel it can be withdrawal

3. Blurred vision : when something happens to my body , the first thing that hits me is the blurred vision , always , once nasty symptom I really want to leave , I have blink so many times and sometimes blurriness stays for a 10 to 15 min

4. Tinnitus : my dear frnd is very very much there and I feel I have a new sounded added , but the good news it doesn't impact me anymore, it does to some extent I ignore it.

5. Floaters : another old symtoms of mine , still there , now my left eye started getting floaters , its like small specks of dust.

6. Dizziness : back 

7. Muscle Pain /Fatigue is back 

8. afterimages : worse 

9.seeing geometric patterns , strange colours 

it's my worst month to be in ,I thought I was getting better now I feel I'm getting worse

@Altostrata

I know there is something called a 10th month wave , but i feel my symptoms have flared from 9th month , I hope to end this soon :(

I had an MRI done in December but now again i ' m  not sure if if i need to get it done.

Appreciate your inputs :(

hope i get out of this misery soon 

Really need your inputs on what is going with me.

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

Hi Shawny--  I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time with your vision and hearing, that can be quite distressing.  I just finished reading your entire introduction thread and one thing really stands out.  Back on January 12 ChessieCat gave you a list of links for techniques for self soothing.  There has been no mention since then that you have looked at them or tried to incorporate them into your life.  I can feel the stress in each one of your posts and really think that working with these techniques would go a long way to making life more manageable. Please take a look at them and give them a chance to help you.

Tinnitus is one of the top symptoms that everyone suffers from during ADWD.  It is very bothersome and very upsetting if you let it.  Focusing on it only makes it worse, ignoring it and it will frequently fade into the background and be less of a problem.  There is a very big stress component to tinnitus, the more stress the louder it gets, the more relaxed the volume drops off.  Over time the tinnitus will fade as your body heals from the CT, but it takes a very long time.

The same thing goes for the vision problems.  They are a very common symptom of ADWD, especially when a CT in involved.  Like the tinnitus, the vision problems will gradually resolve and clear, but again, it will take a very long time.

The headaches and geometric patterns are indications of migraines.  The geometric patterns and strange colors are called a "visual migraine" and are caused by the nerves in the visual cortex of the brain firing at random.  They are quite bothersome, but are not dangerous.  Some times they lead to a migraine headache, which it sounds like is happening to you.  Unfortunately most migraine medication can cause problems for people in ADWD, but there are non medial way to treat them. 

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

@brassmonkey : Honestly thanks for your inputs, I will try to incorporate it , i love reading the blog or the data you have posted.

From the 9.5 th month onwards , my symptoms have increased.

Headaches , more afterimages , low grade fever for every few hours a day with severe muscle pain and tingling feeling on my toes and feet , weird visual disturbance .

I think I got astigmatism  , floaters are prominent , strangely tinnitus stays at its bay , i feel the volume is reducing or maybe i'm habituated to it ,

I heard so many ppl go thru the NOTORIOUS 10th MONTH Wave , I might be going through this , the reason being I got all my vitals checked and everything has been normal except for Vitamin D and B12 , which I'm taking one weekly and daily basis.

Might be my symptoms are due to these vitamins deficiency .

Vitamin  B 12 stands on 194 

Vitamin D on 24.

i heard ur blog which says after 10th month wave most of them to base level or at least reduction of majority symptoms hope that happens to me .

@Altostrata  u have any inputs as to about low grade fever and fatigue during withdrawal , its stands at 98.9  degree F some days and max 99.3 degree F , not more than dat.

I got Blood Count done , Scans and LIver and Kidney Tests and Thryroid test : All with range , ESR ( just to check for inflammation in body ) is also in normal.

So I voluntary got Vitamin D and B12 done 

I had an MRI in DEcember , I'm not sure if I need one again , headaches are minumi maybe 1 hour in a day ( its like burning feeling ) , the doctor is also confused , and I don't take any tablet for the fever , it comes and goes by its own , sometimes i feel feverish , but when i check the temperature its on the normal range ( 98.5 ) 

Im scared if I'M missing something on health perspective , just the simple answer for this is the notorious 10 month WAVE 

I need your inputs/Suggestions here 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

@Altostrata honestly need ur inputs , I’m tired of going to the doctors:( 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

22 hours ago, shawny said:

stands at 98.9  degree F some days and max 99.3 degree F , not more than

Hello.  This doesnt seem like a low grade fever to me.  Your temperature can fluctuate a bit even from what u eat or drink.  I dont think this is anything to worry about.  

9/2018- lexapro low dose few days.11/3/2018- zoloft 2 days

11/7/18  - 11/15/18 - Prozac 9 days, from 10 mg for week, to 20

11/16  inpatient put on Lexapro for a few days, Cymbalta, 2 days

11/24-12/8 - gabapentin 100 mg 3xs per day - a very fast taper

1/7 - tbuspar for  three days- blurry vision, jerky eye

1/17/19 - 2/15/19- mirtazapine 15 mg - started taper on 1/30 

2/20/19 gabapentin 600 mg. .  12/20-  taper finished

2/20/19 - seroquel 25 mg current - taken  10 pm

2/20/19- luvox (generic) 25 mg.  4/6/19  to 18.75 mg .held  . Started taper again  1/7/21- 15 mg, 2/7/21- 12.5 mg, 3/7/21 -10 mg, 4/1/21- 9 mg, 5/1/21- 8.1 mg, 5/27/21- updose to 10 mg,  6/21-  in patient updose to 50 mg,  6/25/21- reduce to 10 mg (current) .  9/5- split dose 5mg am/5 mg pm.  9/20- 4 mg am/5 mg pm . 

9/1/21-  took one dose of vistril 50 mg.   

9/1/21-accidental double dose of seroquel- 50 mg 

1 hour ago, BfromNJ said:

Hello.  This doesnt seem like a low grade fever to me.  Your temperature can fluctuate a bit even from what u eat or drink.  I dont think this is anything to worry about.  

Thanks  a lot , let me check on that as well.

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 2 weeks later...

Sept 28 : Amitriptyline for MIGRAINE 

Started on 10mg  Amitriptyline in the night , missed a few doses for 2 - 3 days , felt sick , went back to talking 10mg in the night.

Nov 10: Last doze of 10mg Amitriptyline 

Nov 23rd :  Withdrawal Starts 

1. Tinnitus          : First symptom in Withdrawal , sill there 10 months later too , have got ups and lows , as of now its bad
  2. Grainy Vision : Worst hit in the early months , now its been diminishing , almost gone.
  3. Floaters          : Second most troublesome symptoms after tinnitus , got bad in the 5 month ( around april ) , it's worse now , hasn't started diminishing
  4. Afterimages  : Started off again the 5month , worse again , can describe it as looking at one object for a few seconds , when I look away I see the background or   afterimage of the object.
  5. Blurred Vision : Not that bothersome , need a blink a few times for blurriness to go 
  6. Distorted Vision : sometimes the depth of the objects are different , slanted 
  7. FAtigue/Weakness/Muscle Pain/Dizziness : Was there in the initial days now its more prominent and bad

The worse is in the month of August and Sept ( dreaded 10month wave ) 

Low grade fever for period of 1 month  , treated with antibiotics for a 5 day course  ( made the tinnitus bad) , ended with tiredness and weakness and body pain , may be after flu 

**Going through the 10 month wave  , no windows at all  **** 

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• Mentor

I'm sorry you are going thru this shawny

what do you do to distract yourself when you are feeling poorly?

what sorts of things make you feel better?

I had these symptoms too, but they are all gone now

one thing that helped me while I was waiting for time to pass and for my brain to heal, was to find things that held my interest, other things to think about and to do.

If you can find things to do it will help you a lot. 

I like to spend time with friends playing cards or doing some easy volunteer work

how do you spend your days?

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey Shawny I'm on the same drug as you, except I reinstated after going through withdrawal on a "slow" taper.

Funny enough I've also just gone through the 12 month wave. Are you still in the wave? Have you noticed any improvement?

I'm glad to hear certain symptoms are getting better. The thing that has helped me the most is trying not to fixate on all the different symptoms. I take notes in my symptom chart 1-2 times per day but other than that try not to worry about every new little thing. With time and good nutrition and rest things have been able to repair. Hope you find the same soon.

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

@Happy2Heal, @composter

thanks fr ur concern guys , im moving on :( goin thru wave , i will reply once im feeling okayish...

i go to work , full time job as developer so surviving ❤️

thanks lot for ur concern and love means a lot for me

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• 3 months later...

Hey Shawny, how are you doing?

Early September 2019 - One 25mg dose of Sertraline taken.

Early October 2019 - Five 25mg doses (pills) of Sertraline taken for five consecutive days.

Withdrawal/reaction happened on the 27th of October (2019) in the evening.

Symptoms that have gone: Joint and muscle pain/weakness in my legs, phantom senses, chemical dread, chemical fear, DP/DR has gotten a lot lot better than what it is now, it was one of my worst and all-encompassing symptoms when it started, awful aphasia, parkinsonism, head pressure, pressure in my frontal lobe when trying to think/work out something, inability to plan or execute anything//feelings of being literally scatterbrained, inability to think in my head other than slight acknowledgements - the voice in my head sounded weak and 'small' like it was restrained to a much smaller area of my brain, constant fatigue, emotional numbness, constant eyestrain, and changes in perception of colour/contrast in sight.

Main remaining symptoms: Visual Snow/HPPD, derealisation, tinnitus, and brain/cog fog.

Drug free.

• 1 month later...

Shawny, sweet heart, how is it going?

I am thinking of you.What are your present symptoms.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I was on the same drug prescribed for tension headache 

I took only 6 mg from the 2nd of january to the 12th of january. It's killing me. Since then my heartbeats changed, ive Lost sensitivity all over my body, i feel detached from reality and i had muscle atrophy. It's hell. 

2nd of january 2020: started 6 mg Amytriptiline. Stopped CT on the 12th of January

28-29 feb: received 1000 mg valproic acid in hospital

4th March-present: started Prozac 10 mg, 20 mg After 2weeks and now 30 mg and Clonazepam 15 drops sometimes (only took 4 times so far).

End of March started tapering Prozac and Clonazepam and now i am meds free since mid April 2020. 

• 8 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 6:48 AM, shawny said:

@Happy2Heal, @composter

thanks fr ur concern guys , im moving on :( goin thru wave , i will reply once im feeling okayish...

i go to work , full time job as developer so surviving ❤️

thanks lot for ur concern and love means a lot for me

hey @shawny sry to bother but ive been reading some of your posts and noticed the issues you had with vision after coming off.

how is your vision now? how are you recovering? 

i feel like im in a similar situation after only doing an AD and antihistamine for 19 days and the going CT. 

im on day 51 of being off them but these floaters and weird visual phenomena are still there.

also my tinnitus which i had before the meds definitely acts up more 

i hope youre well 

Trazodone 10/19/20 - 11/6/2020 stopped cold turkey

Hydroxyzine 10/19/20 - 11/8/2020 

Stopped cold turkey

Wish you a happy new year guys ! 

I have deliberately stayed out just to keep myself busy.

I am 2 years out of the drug I took , and I can confidently say I have recovered 75 % .

My residual symptoms : Tinnitus ( still continuous ) doesn't bother me much , may be I got used to it , I hope it will go away.

Floaters : very minute ones , but I can live with them.

None of the above symptoms makes my life difficult :)

Will definitely right back, once I am symptom free , I am completely functional and go on with my day to day activities.

@Altostrata : Thanks for this community! 

@Santino @Winterflower @ten0275 @mirage @rupa : thanks for pushing me ! u guys are my heroes ❤️

symptoms 

tinnitus 

dizziness

floters 

difficult in focusin 

muscle pain

• Moderator Emeritus

@shawny

Happy New Year, and may 2021 be a fortunate year for all of us. 🙂 What a wonderful update, I am so happy to learn of your improvement! Your patience and perseverance is paying off. I will be happy to hear more updates on your progress in the future, thank you for checking back in with us.

Hang in there,

Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

• Administrator

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@shawny

Woh! It's very soothing to know that you are feeling 75% recovery.

Happy New Year!

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/2/2021 at 8:17 AM, shawny said:

@Santino @Winterflower @ten0275 @mirage @rupa : thanks for pushing me ! u guys are my heroes ❤️

Hi Shawny....

I am really happy you are doing good. As we have not communicated through messages a lot i really though you were doing better and now i see i was right.

I had people who helped me in this group so definitely i would need to give that kindness back. I am sooo happy for you so keep up the good work and enjoy your claimed back life.

All the best

Santino

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

• 10 months later...

@shawny did you have streaks of lights when turning your head while looking at a light source?

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg, 2/7/20 6.5 mg, 5/23/20 5.84 mg,  5/7/23 .70 mg

• 2 months later...

Hi Shawny! Happy new year! Any chance you're ready for a success story? 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!