Homeopathy

Nadia

You're welcome. I just want to say also that I can't really give advice on specific remedies that a Homeopath prescribes. Unless of course, they're trying to give you a remedy made from the AD. They determine the remedy based on your specific symptoms, and we are all different. Just remember when contacting a Homeopath, that they should spend some time going over in detail what you're experiencing. And that if a remedy doesn't work right away, then ask your Homeopath if it's supposed to or not.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thank you xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Hey Shanti,

What do you know about arsenicum albumin (or you know, I don't have it in front on me).

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

Hi Alex

I have some of that I think it might work a bit on me, but everyone is different

Debbie xx

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Hey Shanti,

What do you know about arsenicum albumin (or you know, I don't have it in front on me).

Alex

It works great for me, for sleep and to not have anxiety dreams. I take it every night before bed. It's good for anxiety and depression. It helped some for the brain zaps, but didn't completely get rid of them. It seems the Homeopathy worked best for mental and emotional issues more than physical symptoms. My sleep has been good, but I don't know if that's from the Xanax I take before bed too. But I know that without the Arsenicum, I have emotional, vivid dreams that I don't like.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Shanti what is Avena Sativa good for?

thanks..

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I have some of that nikki

It' has a calming effect - I put 20 drops in warm water ( small glass) three times a day. It took a while to kick in a bit but I think it works.

Xxxx

Diazepam Free!

I haven't used it before, but after reading some about it, I might try it. I found this here

As a homeopathic treatment, Avena Sativa extract and tincture are used as nerve tonics. It directly influenes brain and nutritive function of the organism, increasing nerve force and improving the nutrition of the entire system. It is great for building healthy bones, skin, hair, and nails due to its rich nutrients of silicon, manganese, zine, calcium, phosphorus and vitamins A, B1, B2 and E. It is also found to be a good detoxifier, reduces nicotine cravings, increases energy levels and helps to maintain uterine health

It says that it's traditionally been used for withdrawals from drugs. I'm going get some, I think it might help when I start my Benzo taper.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Hi Shanti!

I bought some Nux Vomica for my headaches; do you have any experience with this remedy?

I am kind of scared to try it during my taper.

Thanks,

Rosie

2009 Efexor 75mg tapered twice

November 2011 Pristiq 50 mg

January 2012 Pristiq 100 mg, became very dizzy and anxious with a lot negative thinking! Ear aches, eye pain, headaches, bruxism, night sweats.

Currently on 30 mg of compounded Pristiq

Hi Shanti!

I bought some Nux Vomica for my headaches; do you have any experience with this remedy?

I am kind of scared to try it during my taper.

Thanks,

Rosie

Hi Rosie. Yes, I use Nux Vomica with no trouble. I use it for tinnitus and face pain. It does help with the face pain (I can't remember what that is called, but it's nerve pain on the left side of my face), and sometimes it helps with tinnitus, but sometimes not. But anyway, it set well with me and didn't aggravate w/d symptoms for me.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

ok, thanks Shanti!

2009 Efexor 75mg tapered twice

November 2011 Pristiq 50 mg

January 2012 Pristiq 100 mg, became very dizzy and anxious with a lot negative thinking! Ear aches, eye pain, headaches, bruxism, night sweats.

Currently on 30 mg of compounded Pristiq

Hi Shanti,

Let me get your opinion on this...

I visited my mom's homeopath (at her request) for muscle testing. The homeopath recommended 4 products to support my body made by Standard Process.

I understand that the homeopathic community is 100% behind Standard Process, yes? I am concerned about taking the products mainly because they contain dessicated glandulars and I just don't know if I should mess with that. Also, I hesitate because some of the products are proprietary combos of dozens of ingredients -- scary to someone as hypersensitive as I.

I am Tuesday to see a doctor for my test results (finally)... So I don't plan to try any of the Standard Process stuff before then (at the earliest). What is your opinion of Standard Process and glandular extracts in light of w/d sensitivity especially???

Thanks,

Alex

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

I never heard of it, and it doesn't sound like Homeopathy when I looked it up. It looks like herbal supplements. If it were me, I'd say no, and tell her you want to use only Homeopathy because of your sensitive nervous system.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 2 months later...

Can we add the Homeopathy topic here Alto? I am truly so frustrated that the only ones that decided to try it ended up with an ignorant Homeopath that tried Isopathy. I've seen only one person on another forum that saw a wise Homeopath that did the trick for her. People may say I'm special as I got over it pretty quick and maybe it has to do with the length of time I was on meds to begin with (only a few years altogether), but I hold firm to the truth that it was Homeopathy that did it for me, as I recall the first dose of Stramonium and how it acted immediately on the psychotic depression. If anyone wants detailed information about using Homeopathy please look at my website in my signature as well. Homeopathy Topic

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

Done, Shanti.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I just wanted to tell my story of what REALLY got me to be a firm believer in Homeopathy.

About 10 years ago when I was about 33, I quit smoking. I had smoked 2 packs a day for 20 years. I used Bach's Rescue remedy to help me quit. I was successful and proud of myself, and glad I would avoid future lung problems. But then I had a bad reaction to quitting. My lungs and sinuses went into overkill with the fluids in healing the linings. I went to the doc and she told me that I had emphysema. I was devastated. Here I'd just quit, and I was so young.

My Homeopath friend got me to try a bunch of remedies. I did them all, and it totally cleared up all the fluid so I wasn't suffering. I went to the doctor a few months later and she was shocked. She said my lungs looked like I had never smoked a day in my life.

Emphysema is supposed to be irreparable damage. But I healed it with Homeopathy.

Hi Shanti,

Would you mind letting me know what homeopathics repaired the damage to your lungs? I have long term smoking lung damage and quit smoking two years ago, and had an x ray because my lungs hurt and they said I had "the beginnings of emphysema". Just a few days ago, I had another lung x ray and have not yet received the results. I don't cough or have fluid. My lungs just "hurt" sometimes and also some "discomfort" in them, especially while laying down at night or trying to sleep. I feel like I "fried" my lungs dry because I don't have any coughing or fluid problems. Does this make sense? Anyway, I think this is my first post on this forum. I'm new here (signed up a long time ago) but decided to read and reply beginning today as I received an email from the forum and it stirred my interest in researching what others have posted here. Thanks for your help...

Kian

Klonopin 21 years (did an 8 month taper off of 2mg's then had to reinstate @ 7 months out)Current Dose is 1.5mg daily.

Dilantin 19 years @ 300mg (did a 6 month taper...had a few doses since then but off it now)Off Since 1.5.2012

Remeron Started 3/30/2012. Helped me for 2 months, not so sure what it is doing to me now. Still take 15mg @ night

**Currently not stable and trying to "stabilize".

Hi Shanti,

Thanks for posting this. I think I might try the Stramonium. Someone gave my mom Rescue Remedy when my dad died, and we've both taken it and it doesn't seem to do anything, either good or bad. However, I think homeopathy can work, at least for some things.

I used to get chronic cold sores on my lower lip (herpes), one to three times a year. I took l-lysine, citrus bioflavinoids, etc. to no avail. Then someone recommended I try rhus tox (which is from poison ivy of all things) and nux vomica. I took it while I had an outbreak. At one point I had a little ball develop under my lip. I thought it was another cold sore coming up, so I kept on taking the pills. Then I realized it was a gland or lymph node that was swollen, not another outbreak. I thought, hmm... maybe this is my immune system in overdrive, so I stopped taking the rhus tox and nux vomica. Since that, I have never again had a cold sore. It's been 5 years.

N.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

First I want to say that I kind of flinch at the title of this thread when it pops up. It's not what I would name it (Sorry Alto!)

Hi Kian, and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you decided to start posting. It's been a while and I was given the remedies from a Homeopath, so I can't remember all of them. The ones I do remember are Sulpher, Rhus Tox, and Lachesis (snake venom, if you think poison ivy is bad, Nadia lol). There were others that I just don't recall. I think that it'd be good to find a Homeopath for this Kian. They'll spend time going over every symptom you have and tailor the remedies for it. Are you going to post an intro journal? I know we all would like to hear your story.

Nadia, I used Rescue Remedy to help when I quit smoking. I think it helped some, but I don't know if it'd be effective enough for the kind of anxiety we get with w/d. Gelsemium is more effective for me. If you try the Stramonium and you find it helpful, please report back. I know everyone is different, but it just worked so well that I'd be surprised if it didn't help others.

The fact is that all of these remedies are some kind of poison. But don't let it scare you. There is absolutely no amount of the original substance left in the remedy. It goes through a process called succussion where it's been diluted so much that it'd be impossible for any to be left.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shanti,

I just got a cold sore for the first time in many years (five?) after having taken Rhus Tox and Nux Vomica. So I went to the pharmacy to get those again, hoping they will be as effective as last time. (I think I got a cold sore because I've been taking lots of l-arginine.)

While I was there I picked up some Stramonium 30C. I'm wondering how many globules I should take and how many times a day. Also, are they OK to take after a meal if you wait 15 minutes?

Another thing... what you said about not combining them. Do you think that would apply to the Rhus Tox and Nux Vomica? I heard the Nux Vomica helps the Rhus Tox work, and took them together previously.

Thanks for any info you can give!

N.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Are they pellet size? Little balls? I take about 5 or 6. Doesn't have to be exact. If they're tablet size, then take one or two. Granules, just enough that would look like it makes the size of a couple of tablets. 15 minutes before or after meals is fine. Just be sure not to use mint in or on your body for about an hour within taking it. Such as toothpaste. I took the Stramonium as needed up to 3 or 4 times a day. As for combining remedies, I was told by a Homeopath friend never to do that, as they can remedy eachother. However, it could be that some are okay to take together, but that is beyond my scope knowledge so I always wait 2 hours between.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thanks for the response!!... yes, pellet size.

So with the "as needed"... if I'm using the Stramonium for nighttime waking and morning anxiety, would I take those at the time I have symptoms?

I actually did not have AM anxiety this morning for the first time in a few weeks. It was great. So maybe I'll wait to take the Stramonium until I have symptoms.

The Stramonium worked within minutes after taking it. I really hope you feel it too Nadia!

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I'm just catching up on this thread and confused.

I'm far more familiar with herbalism than with homeopathy, and maybe different terminologies are being used nowadays. But everything I've studied regards extracts, tinctures, tonics, etc. as herbal remedies, not homeopathic remedies.

These are why I'm confused:

I haven't used it before, but after reading some about it, I might try it. I found this here

As a homeopathic treatment, Avena Sativa extract and tincture are used as nerve tonics. It directly influenes brain and nutritive function of the organism, increasing nerve force and improving the nutrition of the entire system. It is great for building healthy bones, skin, hair, and nails due to its rich nutrients of silicon, manganese, zine, calcium, phosphorus and vitamins A, B1, B2 and E. It is also found to be a good detoxifier, reduces nicotine cravings, increases energy levels and helps to maintain uterine health

It says that it's traditionally been used for withdrawals from drugs. I'm going get some, I think it might help when I start my Benzo taper.

I never heard of it, and it doesn't sound like Homeopathy when I looked it up. It looks like herbal supplements. If it were me, I'd say no, and tell her you want to use only Homeopathy because of your sensitive nervous system.

First I want to say that I kind of flinch at the title of this thread when it pops up. It's not what I would name it (Sorry Alto!)

Hi Kian, and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you decided to start posting. It's been a while and I was given the remedies from a Homeopath, so I can't remember all of them. The ones I do remember are Sulpher, Rhus Tox, and Lachesis (snake venom, if you think poison ivy is bad, Nadia lol). There were others that I just don't recall. I think that it'd be good to find a Homeopath for this Kian. They'll spend time going over every symptom you have and tailor the remedies for it. Are you going to post an intro journal? I know we all would like to hear your story.

Nadia, I used Rescue Remedy to help when I quit smoking. I think it helped some, but I don't know if it'd be effective enough for the kind of anxiety we get with w/d. Gelsemium is more effective for me. If you try the Stramonium and you find it helpful, please report back. I know everyone is different, but it just worked so well that I'd be surprised if it didn't help others.

The fact is that all of these remedies are some kind of poison. But don't let it scare you. There is absolutely no amount of the original substance left in the remedy. It goes through a process called succussion where it's been diluted so much that it'd be impossible for any to be left.

I'm not trying to be fussy, I just think it's important to distinguish between full-strength herbal preparations and homeopathic remedies, because as you said, homeopathic remedies in their full strength (not turned into homeopathic remedies) could indeed be toxic.

(Don't anyone worry if you used full-strength Avena Sativa. It's oats - like oatmeal you'd eat for breakfast! - and not a poison. There are indeed homeopathic preparations of it and it's used in many homeopathic remedies, but it's not a poison in any way I'm aware of. But some other herbs used in homeopathic remedies, which would be totally safe in homeopathic dilutions, could be very toxic if taken internally as extracts or tinctures and the like, though some can be very beneficial for external use when used knowledgeably.)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

(Don't anyone worry if you used full-strength Avena Sativa. It's oats - like oatmeal you'd eat for breakfast! - and not a poison. There are indeed homeopathic preparations of it and it's used in many homeopathic remedies, but it's not a poison in any way I'm aware of. But some other herbs used in homeopathic remedies, which would be totally safe in homeopathic dilutions, could be very toxic if taken internally as extracts or tinctures and the like, though some can be very beneficial for external use when used knowledgeably.)

I can understand the confusion. I should have said that a lot of Homeopathy is made from poison, but no, it's not all of them. Many of the original substance isn't poisonous at regular doses. However a lot of harmless herbs can cause problems if you ingest large amounts of it, or take too large amounts over too long a time (like Golden Seal for example). But I do want to emphasize along with you the importance of distinguishing what is herb and what is homeopathy. They are very different. In most cases, it's not much to worry about because you can't just walk into a store and buy snake poison or arsenic. But where I tend to want to stress this distinction is when I recommend to people Icapecuanha Homeopathy that is very effective for nausea. But this is also available in any drug store in full strength as an emetic, normally called Syrup of Icapec, that is used to induce vomiting. There only needs to be a little caution to make sure you see the word "Homeopathy" or "Homeopathic" on it, or when asking for help in store to be sure to say Homeopathy and then double check the bottle.

There are many herbs that can be made into remedies. Opium is effective for pain, but in Homeopathy it can be used for constipation or other things. When an herb is turned into Homeopathy, the uses are totally different. I do believe all herbs can be turned into homeopathy. I think anything can. I have known of stories of people in desperate situations, life or death I suppose, turning their own urine into Homeopathic remedy. If you're in a foreign country and you're having reaction to the water, you can make a Homeopathic remedy out of the bad water to remedy it. This is Isopathy, a form of Homeopathy I talked about earlier.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I've taken the Stramonium twice now... Once in the early morning right before I usually get hit by anxiety. I was able to go to sleep for another hour and had lower AM anxiety than normal. I didn't have any yesterday, so maybe it's a coincidence. Then this afternoon I was feeling a bit anxious and took some... I guess it worked because I forgot all about having been anxious until thinking about it just now!

I'll report back with more experience. I saw it's supposed to help for PMS and menopause moodiness as well, and anger. Got plenty of those!

That sounds promising, Nadia. You're the first person I know of that tried this, and I've been crossing my fingers here. I came right here when I logged in this morning :) It can be subtle how it works, especially when we're used to pills that put an undeniable blanket over our feelings. I don't notice it's effects so profoundly as I did when I first took it while in dire emotional and mental distress. At the beginning of all this. Stramonium works well for nearly every mental and emotional condition from depression, to anxiety, to nightmares. Good for suicidal feelings and loathing and fear of life. I'm glad you shared your thoughts on how it's going so far on this!

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Hi Shanti... been meaning to get on here to report back.

I'm still figuring out if the stramonium does anything or not, when the best time to take it is, etc. I hear it helps for anger and PMS as well. Right now I'm taking it at night and in the morning, sometimes twice (when I wake up at dawn or in the middle of the night, and then in the early morning). Sometimes I feel like it has a calming effect.

This morning and yesterday morning I was able to go back to sleep. I had bad dreams this morning, which I think is the usual dread, but holding onto dream stuff instead of real life stuff, which is what usually happens. I guess maybe the anxiety was lower, so that I was actually able to sleep through it, though lightly and with troubled dreams.

I'm going to keep on taking it... thinking of getting drops instead of the sugar pills, because avoiding taking it after using toothpaste is really hard, and then taking the sugar pills after brushing my teeth is not great.

Nadie, did you have the anxiety dreams even when you used the Stramonium the night before? Regardless of what form of homeopathy you use, the mint will render it ineffective. It's not about the lactose in the pills, it's the energy imprint of the homeopathy that gets ruined by mint. You can even try to find toothpaste that isn't mint. I have found some before at a health food store. If you can't avoid the mint and need to take your homeopathy in the morning, then it's best to take the homeopathy before you brush your teeth rather than after. Try to wait an hour before using the toothpaste then.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 6 months later...

Has anyone tried any of the natural products from Hyland's Homeopathic, particularly Calms? Their Calms Forte and Nerve Tonic also look interesting...

I apologize ahead of time for the vagueness of my information - I honestly don't remember dates and dosages!

* Began antidepressants with Paxil in November 2005

* Somewhere along the way switched to 100 mg Zoloft

* Tried Luvox for a short time

* Went back to Zoloft, added Welbutrin

* Increased from 100mg to 200mg of Zoloft, and eventually 300mg

* Stopped Welbutrin

* Tapered down to 100mg Zoloft

*Took 50mg Zoloft during pregnancy, then back up to 100mg

*Have taken 100mg/day for the past 5 years

I've halted all my supplements for the time being because they are just too stimulating.

My anxiety is pretty bad at times, so I take a homeopathic remedy when I absolutely need something. I'm currently using argentum nitricum 6c. It seems to help. I have also tried gelsemium in the past....I find argentum works better for me.

I"m paranoid now that anything I try to take hurts my withdrawal progress....or will cause a reaction.

Does homeopathy affect the cns like some supplements and other natural stuff does?

Does anyone else here take homeopathy and have any luck with it during withdrawal?

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

homeopathy, if you feel it's being helpful, is very unlikely to harm you.

I've known quite a lot of people find it helpful at certain junctures of their withdrawal journey.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

i have used nat mur and sepia and had no bad effects. nat mur i like a lot

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

• Administrator

I've found Calms Forte to be helpful occasionally.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

Merged similar topics.

Also see our member Shanti on homeopathy http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1971-ask-shanti-about-homeopathy/

• 2 months later...

Hello Shanti,

I was wondering if you could tell me something about some homeopathic remedies I have been taking for some months now.

I have been taking the cell salts sodium phosphate and calcium phosphate. They have been recommended to me by a health practitioner (not a doctor, more like a naturopath), sodium phosphate for fluid retention and calcium phosphate for restlessness at night (restless legs).

Do you have any experience regarding these cell salts used during withdrawal?

I am asking because I have a slight suspicion that they may be making my dysesthesia/paresthesia (and possibly persistent genital arousal disorder) worse, but it is difficult to tell. It may just be the withdrawal syndrome in itself.

Can you please give me some advice as to whether these cell salts are helpful or harmful in withdrawal? I am tapering off escitalopram.

Thank you!

Alopam (benzodiazepine) first prescribed 1994
Akarin (citalopram) from 2002

Mirtazepine for about 2 months for insomnia in 2003 or 2004
Changed from Akarin to Effexor 2005
Started Nexium 2005
Changed from Effexor to Akarin 2006
Stopped Alopam after slow tapering 2006
Changed from Akarin to Cipralex 2006
Started Seroquel (quetiapine) 2006
Changed from Nexium to Omeprazol 2006
Started tramadol 2008
Started pramipexole for restless legs syndrome 2008
Stopped Seroquel after quick tapering 2009
Stopped tramadol 2011
Stopped Omeprazol August 2012
Stopped Cipralex (escitalopram) (after an appr 6 weeks taper) on Oct 13, 2012
Reinstated Cipralex 5 mg on May 18 - on May 22 went down to 2.5 mg Cipralex - June 1 down to 2 mg Cipralex, oral drops - June 26 down to 1.20 mg - July 27 updosed to 1,30 mg - Sept 14 down to 1,00 mg of own tablet liquid - Oct 20 down to 0,90 mg

• 2 months later...

hi guysi came across shanti's post ( one of the member here ) about homeopathy. does anyone have succesful experience about it ? does it work perminantly or just a short term to sooth the anxiety? i went to homeopath clinic in my country, 2 weeks ago, they have interviewed me for an hour and firstly given a liquid in small bottle to drink all at once on the first day. as well as some small sugar pill to taken during anxiety.

on that first day i felt very calm but at night i still feel the anxious somehow. they told me it will getting better after 3 days. however i still feel like my cortisol level is still high. and after 3 days of calming effect. my anxiety is still there with low jumping feeling. so i took one pill and it works for only an hour. so i ended up taken every 1-2 hours to help putting me to sleep during this two weeks.

I went to the homeopath again and they told me i've taken too many. only allow 1 before sleep and 1 somewhere 3-4 am. i'm not sure if homeopathy doesn't work for me or the doctor doesn't do it properly. it seems working fine for only the first 3 days when i took the small bottle. is it supposed to be calming for longer ? or just the way it works for just a short time ??

anyone successfully healed by this please let me know how did the doctor help you, :)Thanks

Tom 

Seroxat10mg/Lexapro 5 Mg ( Half Tablet ) since Jan 2012Seroxat 7mg Feb 2012Seroxat 5mg March 2013Seroxat 2.5 mg April2013, Off TranxeneLexapro 1.25 mg April 2013Off Lexapro 14 April 2013Reinstated Tranxene since 16 April (Heavy Insomnia and low agitating at night.)Reinstated Lexapro 1.25mg + tanxeme 5 mg 28 April 2013 (still experience insomnia and agitatin at night only.)Lexapro 2.5 mg + 5 mg tranxene + Zypraxa 2.5 mg 15 May 2013 (still agitating and getting worse)Seroxat 5 mg + 5 mg tranxene 20 May 2013 (anxious at night. Heavy Head)Seroxat 6 mg + 5 mg tranxene 24 May 2013 (dizziness and light headache)Seroxat 10mg + 5 mg tranxene 1 June 2013 (pDoc adviced... i shouldn't follow..dam)<p>Lexapro 5mg 20 June 2013
Lexapro 2.5 mg 1 Aug 2013
Lexapro 1.25 mg 21 Aug 2013
off 11 September 2013

current : 1g vitamin C + 300 mg magnisium + 3mg melatonin and Valerian root ( 4-5 a.m. ) working alright.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy