SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Billythakid1: wanted to share a story

Billythakid1

Hi guys I’ve never posted on here but have been using this site along with benzobuddies I would like to share a story I have had 4 attempts coming off antidepressents and benzos I was taking for well the benzos 12 years klonopin mostly and ssris for 14 years everytime got worse I had compeltly given up on life. Thought I was stuck in perment psychosis or had brain damage. I thought I would share this video of what I belive may have saved my life this is just my experience but it is the only thing that ever worked for me. The last two years of my life has been in and out of rehabs. Hospitals, psyche wards. Everyone had given up on me, no one believed in me and I didn’t believe in my self. I wanted to kill myself everyday now I feel as though I’m not even worried about hitting waves. Everything is not great but I have faith at this moment.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Billythakid1: wanted to share a story
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Billy.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

I'm glad you found something to help you cope through withdrawal. I think we all go through phases of searching for that magical someone or something that "speaks" to us. I became a huge fan of Mooji's YouTube talks on mindfulness and that's what got me through the acute phase of withdrawal. I'm glad you found someone that you could draw inspiration from, as well. 

Are you off all drugs now? Are you taking any supplements? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please use this thread to document your withdrawal and to ask questions. 

yes I'm off all drugs now this was my fourth attempt an every time got worse I needed up in a detox this time for 40 days and was taking all types of meds but was off the Benzes. when I got out into the rehab program I started stop taking all the drugs slowly and kept getting worse they were going to send me to higher level of care and I didn't want to live like that anymore. I was on lamictal but it was working so I added in a anti depressant and all these supplements but then thought to myself this is stupid I don't want any of these external things to have helped. me and I planned on recovering and sharing a message of hope to anyone people that couldn't afford meds or supplements, and I learned of poor people that don't have anything barely any food and they found happiness. so. I got off the anti depressant and have gotten off the lamicatal very fast with minimal withdrawals because I devoloped faith and beliefs in myself. never thought it was possible I took meds for 16 years and tried many times. now I'm completly free and am not worried about hitting waves again.

Edited by ChessieCat
reworded triggering content
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 1/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Shep said:

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please add a signature. We need a timeline of your drug use in order to give you feedback. 

How long have you been off all your drugs? Are you symptom free or still dealing with some residual symptoms? 

ok I will work on signature could you please tell me why it said post was editied due to triggering content? I wasn't aware I posted anything wrong

how are people suppose to remember all the meds and dates I've been taking meds for 16 years tried 30 diff ones been on ones got off tried diff ones taken tons of supplements I can remember all the dates doses and times especially during the last two years of horrible reinstatements and withdrawals.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Billythakid1 said:

post was editied due to triggering content?

I've sent you a PM explaining the editing.

3 hours ago, Billythakid1 said:

how are people suppose to remember all the meds and dates I've been taking meds for 16 years

The last 2 years what we need details for.

Drug Name:  dose, date; dose, date; etc

Drug Name:  dose, date; dose, date; etc

For anything older than 2 years we need a summary, because we need to see your drug history.  The effect of going on and off and changing psychiatric drugs has a cumulative effect.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

My story is too long to explain but took antidepressents for 16 years and benzos for 12 last two years 4 rapid tapers 3 rehabs, pyschewards, hospitals and sat in a detox for 4 days compeltly defeated. I don’t go on this website anymore or benzobuddies becasue I’m not even worried about the withdrawls and symptoms they may be there but there not bothering me and there getting better I’m getting over my symptoms and healing and sharing my message and story Is helping me chaninging my thoughts and imaging a bright heard future was miraculous for me sometimes I think reading all this stuff was giving me more problems and symptoms so I threw away all my supplements and stoped dieting and felt better I just wanted to share this video and message maybe someone can benefit from it the symptoms become almsot non important when I became at peace with it and I have found new passion.