☼ meistersinger

meistersinger

• Moderator Emeritus

Send a note back saying you're disappointed but "please consider me for a position in the future. I believe I would be a good [insert title of position here] for Support.com because [insert specific reason why you would be the perfect person -- not just because you want a job]." Also, say something complimentary about Support.com as a company -- you might have to do some surfing to find out company goals, etc.

In interviews, always present the above points, know something about the company first and describe how you would fit in.

The thing that bugs me is that the person interviewing me yesterday had NO say in the hiring process. I found that out when I asked for his email address, so I could send him a thank you note. He refused to give me this information. The interview was primarily an assessment of my tech skills. The only thing I can think of that sabotaged the entire deal was the roughly 3 hours per week I require for my church. Why is it that employers want you on call 24/7, to be available on a millisecond's notice? Is it any wonder someone like myself has anxiety and depression.

I would never take a job that required my being on call 24/7. That's not employment, it's slavery.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meistersinger

• Skyler

• Barbarannamated

• Altostrata

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a note back saying you're disappointed but "please consider me for a position in the future. I believe I would be a good [insert title of position here] for Support.com because [insert specific reason why you would be the perfect person -- not just because you want a job]." Also, say something complimentary about Support.com as a company -- you might have to do some surfing to find out company goals, etc.

In interviews, always present the above points, know something about the company first and describe how you would fit in.

The thing that bugs me is that the person interviewing me yesterday had NO say in the hiring process. I found that out when I asked for his email address, so I could send him a thank you note. He refused to give me this information. The interview was primarily an assessment of my tech skills. The only thing I can think of that sabotaged the entire deal was the roughly 3 hours per week I require for my church. Why is it that employers want you on call 24/7, to be available on a millisecond's notice? Is it any wonder someone like myself has anxiety and depression.

I would never take a job that required my being on call 24/7. That's not employment, it's slavery.

Unfortunately, that is the way of the work environment nowadays. Is it any wonder employers can't keep help in IT? Further, while I can't prove it, my past issues with depression, are probably on some database somewhere, even though that information is supposed to be protected by HPPA. (RIIIIIIGHT. Being a former DoD contractor employee, DISCo can get anything from anywhere with impunity. I'm screwed no matter how I slice it.)

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

Wish me luck for May 9, as I have a "cattle call" interview at the local Blockbuster Video. I would like to have some money coming in, since $205 per month for general assistance doesn't cut it, while I wait on my disability appeal with Social Security. (I also live with my brother, and he would like to see some money from me. Personally, I'd rather be making my money as a musician, but that starts WWIII with the rest of the family every time I broach the subject.)

History:

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

I thought the interview went well. While I knew Blockbuster was now owned by Dish Network, I was unaware today's interview was for all the stores in the region (York, Lancaster, Reading, Harrisburg). I'll find out by Tuesday whether they want to talk to me further.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I thought the interview went well. While I knew Blockbuster was now owned by Dish Network, I was unaware today's interview was for all the stores in the region (York, Lancaster, Reading, Harrisburg). I'll find out by Tuesday whether they want to talk to me further.

Hope you get some positive news. I know you are trying and very motivated. Find something to set your mind on in the meantime?, Tuesday is a bit of a ways off. ~S

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Hope you get some positive news. I know you are trying and very motivated. Find something to set your mind on in the meantime?, Tuesday is a bit of a ways off. ~S

Right now, my brother is painting the house, pending approval of his mortgage. I've been doing some of the smaller stuff, like washing down cabinet shelves and drawers. I've also been putting out resumes to places like The State Penn, er Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center/Penn State School of Medicine, as well as telling the Psychiatrist what I think of Viibryd when I go for my appointment next Thursday (now that I'm off of it completely, for at least 3 weeks. No, I did not CT, but cut back gradually. I have some twinges now and then, but nothing major.). I did raise the possibility of teaching music here at the house, which he's not crazy about, but I think he is beginning to realize it's the ONLY thing I know how to do.)

History:

Thanks for the thoughts.. Now to get new frames for my glasses, as I can no longer fix the frames I have. I'm not even sure Medicaid will even pay for new frames.

History:

Thanks for the thoughts.. Now to get new frames for my glasses, as I can no longer fix the frames I have. I'm not even sure Medicaid will even pay for new frames.

I also got an unexpected call this afternoon from a consulting firm in Houston, TX for a computer operator position in Harrisburg. I had to do a quick rewrite of my resume, as I had nothing on it past 2004 (which is when I left Apple Computer and started taking care of mom). I did some freelance work in that time frame (not much, and it was for my brother who is mom's executor and causing the rest of the family fits.) This firm was also wanting mainframe experience, of which I have very little, as well as unix and windows experience, which I have a little moe experience (Which is why I LOVE Mac OS X. A lot of firms are now realizing that Apple now has a REAL Operating system, since it's based on FreeBSD). I also got an email earlier that day from Comcast, inviting to reapply for a support position that has opened up at their local support center. Finally, I may have some concrete evidence that I may suffer from Asperger's. while up in the attic this morning, I found a memory book Mom made for me some 50 years ago when I started grade school. I found a letter in there from my kindergarten teacher. Her evaluation of me back then (this was dated January, 1964). Her evaluation of me pretty much describes Asperger's as described in DSM-IV. However, I'll wait for the psychologist's evaluations to get the final word. I'm just hoping that If the results come back positive, I can get funds for Vocational Rehabilitation, in addition to Social Security Disability.

History:

Sounds like you have alot going on! Good luck with all of that!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I wish you the best of luck! Trying to get a job can be such a rollercoaster of emotions, especially when you get rejected. JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!!

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Well, I can forget blockbuster video. They called 1/2 hour ago and let me know they will not pursue my application further. I can't even think where I screwed up in the interview. We shall see where the other prospect leads...

History:

I don't believe it! My psychiatrist actually agreed with me regarding my medications! I explained to him that after 5 times at the trough, I didn't think these meds were doing me any good. I also explained how I was downdosing on Viibryd, especially how it is explained here, and to him, it made sense. He was a bit taken aback when I told him as screwed up as my body chemistry is, due to diabetes and hypertension, it can't handle the psychotropics, given my other medications. He tried coming back with there shouldn't been any interactions, but I came back with I'm the one that knows what my body can handle. He paused, thought for a moment, and came back with "You're absolutely right.". Whether he was trying to give me a snow job, or if, as per law here in PA, he has to respects rights in regards to treatment, I don't know. At least now I can get into therapy, if behavioral health doesn't lose the paperwork, as he had me request it at the front desk when I checked out. I did finally find out that I'm bipolar, which I long suspected.

History:

• Administrator

Good for you, you stood up for yourself and got what you wanted. Plus, you educated your doctor (thank you for that).

How did you find out you're bipolar?

See http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/matter-personality/201204/how-recognize-bad-psychiatrist

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Good for you, you stood up for yourself and got what you wanted. Plus, you educated your doctor (thank you for that).

How did you find out you're bipolar?

See http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/matter-personality/201204/how-recognize-bad-psychiatrist

I've suspected that for some time before seeing a psych. Many years ago, when I got my first job in Chicago, I would have long periods of being down, then all of a sudden be up and start doing reckless activities. This pattern was to dog me for the next 25 years. I looked at some lab paperwork that I forgot to take with me for bloodworm for my pcp. It said bipolar on the paperwork. I simply asked him this morning to confirm, which he did.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't believe it! My psychiatrist actually agreed with me regarding my medications!I did finally find out that I'm bipolar, which I long suspected.

Hi Meister.. great to hear your pdoc is on board with you regarding the meds. Way to go.

The article Alto referred you to is excellent. BiPolar II is not a valid diagnosis, and manic episodes should be strictly defined. There are quite a few professionals in the mental health field who share this view, though psychiatrists tend to be under represented.. and regardless of what your diagnostic label may be (it's just a short hand way to describe your symptoms), you are first and foremost who you are, a talented singer with high intelligence who has a personality unique to you. ~S

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

I don't believe it! My psychiatrist actually agreed with me regarding my medications!I did finally find out that I'm bipolar, which I long suspected.

Hi Meister.. great to hear your pdoc is on board with you regarding the meds. Way to go.

The article Alto referred you to is excellent. BiPolar II is not a valid diagnosis, and manic episodes should be strictly defined. There are quite a few professionals in the mental health field who share this view, though psychiatrists tend to be under represented.. and regardless of what your diagnostic label may be (it's just a short hand way to describe your symptoms), you are first and foremost who you are, a talented singer with high intelligence who has a personality unique to you. ~S

I should also add that I could turn on a person, without provocation, at any time. I was also known for holding my troubles to myself, since, with my upbringing, it was we don't want to hear it. I usually blamed myself when anything went wrong, even if it was out of my control.

But I do agree with one of the tenets in that article: namely managed care (at least in the U.S.$ has made a shambles of everything.

History:

Right now, I'm going through hell. Yes, I admit, I tapered viibryd too fast. I was fine for almost 3 weeks. Now it has come back to haunt me. I started the Viibryd back at 2.5 mg and it has been giving me fits ever since.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to get worse, now that Gov. Corbett has decided to eliminate general assistance, snap and Medicaid here in PA. I'll probably end up in the streets with the rest of the deadbeats, if you want to call us that. My brother closes on Mom house on Tuesday, and I'll probably end up on the streets when he does, if not end up dead, as I won't be able to afford my medications. How did I ever get into this mess? That's what I get for trusting a GP back in 1997, for issues with work while I was at the Pentagon.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Right now, I'm going through hell. Yes, I admit, I tapered viibryd too fast. I was fine for almost 3 weeks. Now it has come back to haunt me. I started the Viibryd back at 2.5 mg and it has been giving me fits ever since.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to get worse, now that Gov. Corbett has decided to eliminate general assistance, snap and Medicaid here in PA. I'll probably end up in the streets with the rest of the deadbeats, if you want to call us that. My brother closes on Mom house on Tuesday, and I'll probably end up on the streets when he does, if not end up dead, as I won't be able to afford my medications. How did I ever get into this mess? That's what I get for trusting a GP back in 1997, for issues with work while I was at the Pentagon.

Hi Meister, I'm very sorry to hear your housing is so critical. It's very hard to see safety nets fraying and when family does not respond to needs it's a betrayal.

Can you reinstate a dose of Viibryd? Do you still have some. You sure don't need to be in withdrawal when you have the pressing concerns in your life. Does the loss of Medicaid mean you will lose prescription coverage?~S

Hi Meister, I'm very sorry to hear your housing is so critical. It's very hard to see safety nets fraying and when family does not respond to needs it's a betrayal.

Can you reinstate a dose of Viibryd? Do you still have some. You sure don't need to be in withdrawal when you have the pressing concerns in your life. Does the loss of Medicaid mean you will lose prescription coverage?~S

I'm still taking the drug at 2.5 mg. I may not be able to get off this, no thanks to Social Security disability claim I have pending. Even though I want off this meds, SSI will deny if I stop taking it. I've been having a lot of crying jags about this entire mess. I've also been losing sleep over it, since I'mhaving no luck finding work. I'm being turned down all over the place.

Ironic thing is, a few years ago, I would have agreed with them. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I'm understanding how it feels to be considered a bum. I now know why mom had so many mental problems the last few years of her life. I'm doing pretty much the same thing, and it's scaring the living daylights out of me.

I've done some background checking on myself, and it is not pretty. Past employers have noticed my issues, and have not made it easy to find any work. I'm now pretty much staying in my room, as it's too damn scary to leave. I'll do some work around the house, but am staying away from the brothers as much as possible, unless I can't avoid it.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm still taking the drug at 2.5 mg. I may not be able to get off this, no thanks to Social Security disability claim I have pending. Even though I want off this meds, SSI will deny if I stop taking it. I've been having a lot of crying jags about this entire mess. I've also been losing sleep over it, since I'mhaving no luck finding work. I'm being turned down all over the place.

Hi Meister, I'm so sorry to hear this.. it's the pits for sure. Have you contacted Legal Aid or your local Disability Law Center to see if they might be a help?

Hi Meister, I'm so sorry to hear this.. it's the pits for sure. Have you contacted Legal Aid or your local Disability Law Center to see if they might be a help?

I already have a disability attorney working on this. He's the one that clued me in about this psych not wanting to do any favors for anyone. It was a support line I called this morning that gave me the opinion that if I try to kick this antidepressant, I can forget social security, as SSA will see it as non-compliance for refusing to take my meds.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

I already have a disability attorney working on this. He's the one that clued me in about this psych not wanting to do any favors for anyone. It was a support line I called this morning that gave me the opinion that if I try to kick this antidepressant, I can forget social security, as SSA will see it as non-compliance for refusing to take my meds.

That's dreadful.. Sounds like may be stuck until you qualify for SSA. But once you are on, you can write a paper and if they review, and find you are not taking your meds, use it to educate. You could do the same while applying, though I'm not so sure. Thing is, you are not just diagnosed with depression

Thinking this thru. You have the option to make an appointment with them? Present your argument in person. Also, a disability attorney is not the same as the Disability Law Center. Your area should have a Disability Law office, and you can make an in person apt to discuss this with them as well. I suspect the people there may be more versed in helping people who want to come off their meds.

• Moderator Emeritus

I understand. See if you have a Disability Law Center. The lawyers are not there for application to SSI, but to help you with living issues... I'm licensed and certified as a rehabilitation counselor. I do know of which you speak.

I understand. See if you have a Disability Law Center. The lawyers are not there for application to SSI, but to help you with living issues... I'm licensed and certified as a rehabilitation counselor. I do know of which you speak.

This sounds like PA office of vocational rehabilitation. It was a bureau there that denied me in the first place. If I've read their web page correctly, they won't even talk until you have a disability approval from SSA.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

This sounds like PA office of vocational rehabilitation. It was a bureau there that denied me in the first place. If I've read their web page correctly, they won't even talk until you have a disability approval from SSA.

Meister.. the Disability Law Center is just that. No affiliation with Voc Rehab. Voc Rehab does work in conjunction with SSI.. their offices are somehow intertwined. And unfortunately Voc. Rehab.'s funds are now so stretched they will not take anyone unless they are already on SSI, which is nuts, because intercession would doubtless save some from going on. This did not used to be this way.. became so in the late 90's I believe. The Disability Law Center in MA is linked so you can read about it if you have an interest. The head in MA told me they are in every state.. but this was a while back. Check to see what you can find.

PS.. the Disability Law Centers often have an adversarial role with Voc Rehab. because they advocate for clients of that agency when the clients do not agree with decisions made by Voc Rehab. A Disability Law center would be another source to help you with the advice about meds that your SSI Disility Lawyer gave, as well as in other areas .. they would do an assessment of your situation. There is no way I would disagree with the assessment your attorney made while you are in the process of appealing, however, for the future, you should not feel locked in to taking the crap you want to ditch.

I have come in at the end of this, so just wondering if you should stay put on the med to obtain the SSI?

So many people have had to add things to their resumes to fill in the missing time from work due to their lay offs.

Can you inject working on your own and ask friends if you can use then as references? Will working interfere with obtaining SSI?

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

I have come in at the end of this, so just wondering if you should stay put on the med to obtain the SSI?

So many people have had to add things to their resumes to fill in the missing time from work due to their lay offs.

Can you inject working on your own and ask friends if you can use then as references? Will working interfere with obtaining SSI?

Hugs

Hi Nikki, it depends on the type of work you do, and how many hours a month you work. Check here These are the regs for SSDI where work is concerned. They use the same criteria for assessing when you apply. The regs for SSI are somewhat different.. you can google them with some of the same key words.

Regarding meds.. you need to ask an attorney, but SSI should go by your ability to perform what they call Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living IADLs There is a strong correlation with kids on meds and SSI eligibility, but adults may have more leverage.

I'm not how resumes and references may relate to an SSI application? Obviously they do for getting a job.. You can use volunteer work on a resume to cover for time spent being disabled. I'm not well versed on specifically how to do this, but volunteer efforts are valued.

Meister.. the Disability Law Center is just that. No affiliation with Voc Rehab. Voc Rehab does work in conjunction with SSI.. their offices are somehow intertwined. And unfortunately Voc. Rehab.'s funds are now so stretched they will not take anyone unless they are already on SSI, which is nuts, because intercession would doubtless save some from going on. This did not used to be this way.. became so in the late 90's I believe. The Disability Law Center in MA is linked so you can read about it if you have an interest. The head in MA told me they are in every state.. but this was a while back. Check to see what you can find.

PS.. the Disability Law Centers often have an adversarial role with Voc Rehab. because they advocate for clients of that agency when the clients do not agree with decisions made by Voc Rehab. A Disability Law center would be another source to help you with the advice about meds that your SSI Disility Lawyer gave, as well as in other areas .. they would do an assessment of your situation. There is no way I would disagree with the assessment your attorney made while you are in the process of appealing, however, for the future, you should not feel locked in to taking the crap you want to ditch.

I should have made it more clear. It was not my attorney that made the statement about the meds. I had called a warm line needing someone to talk to that made that comment. Yes I know, some of those lines are run by nami as well as mental Heath america chapters, so they're going to spout the line from big Pharma. However, being in a bad way this morning, and the only line open being behavior health from the hospital, I wanted nothing to do with a benzo the last time I called them.

History:

How do they confirm someone is taking meds? I'm aware of Urine Drug Screening for benzos, opiates, etc. but not sure about others such as SSRIs. Anticonvulsants, lithium tested by blood levels. Just thinking...

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

I should have made it more clear. It was not my attorney that made the statement about the meds. I had called a warm line needing someone to talk to that made that comment. Yes I know, some of those lines are run by nami as well as mental Heath america chapters, so they're going to spout the line from big Pharma. However, being in a bad way this morning, and the only line open being behavior health from the hospital, I wanted nothing to do with a benzo the last time I called them.

Meister.. I'm sure the info had merit, but I would double check with the disability attorney when you have chance. You have difficulty meeting your activities of daily living on meds, as well as independent activities of daily so you might qualify by their criteria in any case.

I hope once you are out from under the SSI stuff, you look for another pdoc?

• Moderator Emeritus

How do they confirm someone is taking meds? I'm aware of Urine Drug Screening for benzos, opiates, etc. but not sure about others such as SSRIs. Anticonvulsants, lithium tested by blood levels. Just thinking...

They get a report from the doc. In meister's case, they may already have the material needed to decide the case, but often SSI asks for an update as the process is so long. Obviously there is no way for the doc to know one is taking meds if he thinks they are and the person decides to come off. :rolleyes:

Meister has had difficulties even though he was taking meds (gosh, they are not the great solution?), so I don't see how coming off would be a deal breaker, but the application and appeal process for getting on disability is not easy, so it is best to avoid rocking the proverbial boat.

They get a report from the doc. In meister's case, they may already have the material needed to decide the case, but often SSI asks for an update as the process is so long. Obviously there is no way for the doc to know one is taking meds if he thinks they are and the person decides to come off. :rolleyes:

Except, as I said above, I let the doctor know I wanted off the drugs, as my body chemistry (Note I say body chemistry and NOT brain chemistry) is so out of whack that ssri's have not been much help. I let him know that It's my body telling me this. He asked me at our last session, when I melted down if I thought if I was disabled, and I responded you tell me. This past session I told him that yes, I felt I was disabled, and left it at that, since I'm still having issus trying to cope, which I why I wanted therapy and was not getting it.

People have accused me of taking a conversation, and turning it around to reflect on myself. I'm probably guilty of it, but they have no idea of how badly I hurt. The only answer I get most of the time is suck it up. I just want someone to commiserate with me and understand and feel my pain.

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

Except, as I said above, I let the doctor know I wanted off the drugs, as my body chemistry (Note I say body chemistry and NOT brain chemistry) is so out of whack that ssri's have not been much help. I let him know that It's my body telling me this. He asked me at our last session, when I melted down if I thought if I was disabled, and I responded you tell me. This past session I told him that yes, I felt I was disabled, and left it at that, since I'm still having issus trying to cope, which I why I wanted therapy and was not getting it.

People have accused me of taking a conversation, and turning it around to reflect on myself. I'm probably guilty of it, but they have no idea of how badly I hurt. The only answer I get most of the time is suck it up. I just want someone to commiserate with me and understand and feel my pain.

Meister, you have to do what you have to do. But you can also ask your attorney about the input you had on the phone earlier today. Obviously it is a source of considerable stress, and you need an opinion that is specific to your case.

And if you don't know how to 'such it up', that's okay.. this is part of the reason you are applying for disability. The way you function is what makes living so difficult for you, and you have the right to be the way you are.

Meister, you have to do what you have to do. But you can also ask your attorney about the input you had on the phone earlier today. Obviously it is a source of considerable stress, and you need an opinion that is specific to your case.

And if you don't know how to 'such it up', that's okay.. this is part of the reason you are applying for disability. The way you function is what makes living so difficult for you, and you have the right to be the way you are.

In short, grow up and be a man, and not a weakling.

That is the mentality I have to Put up with every day. To most of the family, my frequent breakdowns are an embarrassment to them and the rest of the family.

History:

How long does this misery last? I have the dry heaves, I'm getting little sleep, the inside of my head feels like it's on fire, I cry at the slightest whim, I'm not the least bit hungry, I'm dizzy, my vision is so blurred its not funny, I'm itchy, my anxiety is through the roof. The tv is tuned to the sprout channel, and that doesn't help. I can't even enjoy the flowers around here (There's a beautiful rose bush outside my room, which I can't enjoy, since I have dark material over the windows, since the sunlight bothers my eyes.)

History:

• Moderator Emeritus

In short, grow up and be a man, and not a weakling.

That is the mentality I have to Put up with every day. To most of the family, my frequent breakdowns are an embarrassment to them and the rest of the family.

Your brother may need to grow up, and perhaps he fears giving in to his own weaknesses? He is not able to consider how someone elses life could be so different from the way he perceives reality. I'm sorry you are so in his power.. maybe when all the move issues are resolved, and unfortunately this is a ways off, but you will be better off when freed from the expectations of your family. ~S