SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

DRUG$: The Price We Pay - Documentary

Shep

• Moderator Emeritus

A new documentary was released last month on the pharmaceutical industry and it's available in full on YouTube: 

DRUG$: The Price We Pay Feature Film video (1 hour, 20 minutes)

December 4, 2018

This documentary covers:

• The reason drugs are so expensive, especially in the US 
  • The enormous money that the CEOs of big pharma make 
  • Where the funding of drug research really comes from 
  • The problems created by direct-to-consumer advertising
  • The problem of ghostwritten articles in medical journals
  • Various settlements and judgements levied by the Department of Justice against the different pharma companies
  • The problems of capitalism in healthcare, including patents, which are "lawful monopolies"
  • The fact that the US Congress is literally "owned" by pharma lobbyists
  • And much, much more. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't bear to watch this, at least at the moment, but it's a good share. I do not want to grow old in this country. 😞

does anyone from a civilized country want to adopt me? 

Currently taking Ramapril (blood pressure) 5 mg twice a day

Omeprazole 10 mg AM and 20 mg PM  (the taper has gone nowhere after the first cut)

Famotidine   once a day (and I still needs tums sometimes)

magnesium 200 mg at night

as of yesterday 2 fish oil capsules "EPA-DHA 1000"

off Lexapro as of 5/2018  - last dose had been 5 mg every other day for a couple years

highest dose had been 20 mg at which point I was diagnosed with Bipolar II, which went away when I cut the lexapro down to 15 mg. 

I spent years on Paxil before Lexapro (can't remember dose), briefly on Effexor and Abilify and others I have forgotten. in fact, when I was diagnoses with BPII I was put on all kinds of things which made me feel so bad I stopped them cold turkey within maybe 3 or 4 weeks, thank goodness. since then I've known these pills were terrible and I weaned down the Lexapro with zero help or support over I'm not sure how many years. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy