Jump to content
BfromNJ

BfromNJ: mirtazapine taper

Recommended Posts

BfromNJ

7/11-

5:00-woke up layed in bed.   noticed tremor is low 
5:30- up
- 190 mg (.238 pw) gabapentin
6:00- breakfast
- terrible anxiety spike and activated/restless legs- passed by 6:30
- ear ringing is terrible and out of sorts/dizzy (dp/dr?)-ringing calmed down
9:30- short of breath, legs acting up slightly,  sore tongue , nausea-passes, 
11:00-  chest, stomach and ears burning -persists till lunch 
11:30- legs become bothersome again and anxiety spikes
12:15 -lunch.  190 mg (.238 pw) gabapentin and 18.75 mg luvox 
12:30-  legs become activated/restless/uncomfortable 
2:30- legs better. 
2:00- ear burning and eyes burning (beginning to think histimine intolerance)
3:30- head feels thick and tight.  eyes sensitive .  dizzy 
4:00- workout.   elliptical & upper
5:30- ear ringing more noticable - passes
-legs a bit restless and activated - better by 7
- ear and nose, mouth burning, continues thru night
7:00- chest burning
8:00- body is tingling/vibrating (feels different from the internal tremors)
8:30- 190 mg gabapentin
10:00- 25 mg seroquel
- restless/activated legs and internal tremor very bad when going to bed.,   twitches
        

note-  everyday I have internal tremor/shaking/vibration in my body- most noticable in legs.
  I wont post these above because they are consistent daily.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
20 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If you feel safer decreasing by 5%, try that first.

 

It's up to you whether you want to taper during your cruise. You'll still have to keep daily notes during any drug changes.

I just didn't want to have too much upset while on vacation, since i will be away from home, not in my own bed, etc.  my schedule will be off.    the vacation in general will hopefully be very therapeutic - there is a wonderful thermal spa on the ship that I plan on living in - lol.    I have to admit I am nervous about reducing the Seroquel, since its what knocks me out.   But I know this is a terrible drug to be on. I was considering giving magnesium a try once I reduce.    in the past I thought it activating but that was higher amounts and it may have been something else.     

 

the only thing that will now be a pain is that since I did a luvox drop, a gabapentin drop and now will be trying the Seroquel, I will have to crush and weigh three meds.  Its like a drug lab in my kitchen once a week! lol   the gabapentin is a pain because I take it three times a day, so that three doses that need adjusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
brassmonkey

Being on a cruise is a fairly short time. I wouldn't do any reductions just before leaving and would hold for the length of the trip.  Trying to maintain a dosing schedule while traveling is a real PITA and it's very easy to miss doses and get timing wrong.  I wouldn't try to crush and weigh doses while on the trip.  I always found it best to make up my doses before leaving and keep them in one or two of those Pill Minder containers.  It made things a lot easier to keep track of, and taking the time and finding a good place to make up the doses will really get in the way of the vacation.  Travel is tricky enough with out having to worry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
2 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Being on a cruise is a fairly short time. I wouldn't do any reductions just before leaving and would hold for the length of the trip.  Trying to maintain a dosing schedule while traveling is a real PITA and it's very easy to miss doses and get timing wrong.  I wouldn't try to crush and weigh doses while on the trip.  I always found it best to make up my doses before leaving and keep them in one or two of those Pill Minder containers.  It made things a lot easier to keep track of, and taking the time and finding a good place to make up the doses will really get in the way of the vacation.  Travel is tricky enough with out having to worry about that.

that's what I thought. I leave on 7/21, which is just over a week away.  Since April 5, I've done 25% of my luvox and 5% of gabapentin (well, in now measuring the capsules out again, I am thinking it was more like 10%, but still within SA guidelines), so I am thinking I am "ahead of the game".  lol.   and yes I will do my capsules out a head of time.  Alto thought it best to do Seroquel now, as it would seem im getting adverse effects and side effects from that.  So I will have to be measuring out all three of my meds.  which is a pain.  I wish I was more comfortable with the water method. but I just cant grasp the concept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

It would help us if you also kept daily drug and symptom notes while you are on the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

It would help us if you also kept daily drug and symptom notes while you are on the cruise.

Okay.  I've been posting them.  Have they been okay?

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

4:00- woke up and couldn't get back to sleep- constant urge to urinate. 
5:45- up. 
-burning around ear, chest, eyes, mouth- persists thru morning.- better by 9:00
-190 mg (.238) gabapentin
7:30- breakfast
- tremor/vibrating/shaking starts up thru body, very noticable in feet, left leg and vaginal area. (sometimes seems more like a pulsing sensation)
10:00- severe burning on upper back, eye, nose, chest. 
12:00-lunch
-12:30 190 mg gabapentin  and 18.75 mg luvox
- pulsing/sensitive sensation in vaginal area, has been persisting all morning, feels aroused
- burning feet on bottom- passes
2:30- burning sensations have died down
5:00- crying over symptoms.  very depressed. 
6:00- dinner
- symptoms seemed to calm down while watching tv (distraction)
8:30- 190 mg gabapentin
10:00- 25 mg seroquel
-internal tremor/shaking/vibrating in bed

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

@Altostrata

@Shep

Alto or Shep - 

 

I would like to move the time of day i take my luvox.   i currently take it at 12:30 at lunch.   Since it interacts moderatly with seroquel and i take seroquel at night, would it be better to move the luvox to the am or does that not matter?    Would it be best if i move it gradually?  

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

I dont think im recovered yet from my gabapentin drop that i did on 6/5.  the sensations and feelings in my body are hard to describe, even in my daily logs, but i try my best.  I feel like these horrid drugs have ruined my life.   I am terrified of starting my seroquel taper, but i know this all must be done.   this is a bad day for me.  I have meditated, i layed out in the sun, tonight i will start to journal and meditate again.  but i am just miserable.  And i have my cruise in a week that i am not even looking forward to.   At least here i know im not alone.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata
8 hours ago, BfromNJ said:

-12:30 190 mg gabapentin  and 18.75 mg luvox

 

It looks like you are having an adverse reaction to gabapentin. Why do you want to move Luvox around?

 

1 hour ago, BfromNJ said:

I feel like these horrid drugs have ruined my life.   I am terrified of starting my seroquel taper, but i know this all must be done. 

 

These are your thoughts, they are not withdrawal symptoms. Please talk with a counselor about learning techniques to manage unpleasant thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
40 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

 

It looks like you are having an adverse reaction to gabapentin. Why do you want to move Luvox around?

 

 

These are your thoughts, they are not withdrawal symptoms. Please talk with a counselor about learning techniques to manage unpleasant thoughts.

I know.  Just needed to vent.   

 

You had said before I looked to be having adverse reaction to gabapentin.  That's why I started to reduce it.  But then you suggested to reduce seroquel.   Do I still plan on seroquel?  I appreciate your input.  I know its complex and everything is interacting. 

 

I wanted to move luvox to the am, just one less pill in the afternoon.  

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

7/13

5:15- up laying in bed.  no symptoms, body feels pretty calm and mind.  very normal feeling.  
-190 mg gabapentin
7:00- internal tremor/shaking/pulsing and  twitches
- severe anxiety, panic like , ruminating 
8:30- out of bed. feel shakey and exhausted, vaginal sensitivity.
- breakfast
9:00- feel very dizzy, out of sorts, disconnected, vaginal sensitivity.  
10:00- less, anxiety.  but severe hopelessness and depression.   
11:30- layed down to meditate and had severe inner tremor/shaking/pulsing- legs, chest stomach,  head 
12:15- 190 mg gabapentin and 18.75 mg luvox 
- inner tremor/shaking/pulsing continues
-2:30- very tired, but feel like jumping out of my skin.  uncomfortable in my surroundings, vaginal sensitivity 
6:00- dinner 
8:30- 190 mg gabapentin 
10:00- 25 mg seroquel 
- inner tremor/shaking/pulsing
- feel asleep fast 

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

@Shep

 

Having a hard time today with the genital symptoms I have come down with in the last three days.  Its awful.  I am wondering if this is pgad.   If so, since gabapentin is used in treating pgad, maybe it was triggered in me by lowering my dose?  if i updose, do you think i may find relief?  i dont want to, but I am extremely uncomfortable and distressed over it.   this is a miserable symptom.   Probably worse one yet.   

 

 I am going to the doctor for my physical tomorrow and will bring it up, but i dont feel that i will get very far.  It will most likely be blamed on anxiety, which they all seem to love to do.

 

I have a cruise to go on next week and i am not even looking forward to it because i feel so terrible.       

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

You have a tendency to continually make the situation more complicated. What do you know of drug-drug interactions if you take gabapentin and Luvox at the same time? I'm not going to look this up for you again.

 

I think you can count on having unpleasant symptoms if you continue to take drugs causing adverse reactions.

 

It's up to you to decide what to taper. There's no way I can make this easier or more convenient for you. You seem to have difficulty with every suggestion I can make.

 

We can only go by what you report. If you can't bear reducing gabapentin, in order for you to move forward with reducing your drug burden, it makes sense for you to taper Seroquel.

 

You're taking 3 drugs, you should understand the principles of tapering by now -- perhaps you should decide how to do it instead of maneuvering me to make decisions for you and then complaining about the results.

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You have a tendency to continually make the situation more complicated. What do you know of drug-drug interactions if you take gabapentin and Luvox at the same time? I'm not going to look this up for you again.

 

I think you can count on having unpleasant symptoms if you continue to take drugs causing adverse reactions.

 

It's up to you to decide what to taper. There's no way I can make this easier or more convenient for you. You seem to have difficulty with every suggestion I can make.

 

We can only go by what you report. If you can't bear reducing gabapentin, in order for you to move forward with reducing your drug burden, it makes sense for you to taper Seroquel.

 

You're taking 3 drugs, you should understand the principles of tapering by now -- perhaps you should decide how to do it instead of maneuvering me to make decisions for you and then complaining about the results.

I'm not complaining,  if it comes off that way I apologize.  I guess I am so sensitive it takes me longer to recover after a drop.  My system is a mess.  I'm just having a difficult time.    You suggested the gabapentin and I did it. When you said then it looks like the  seroquel is giving adverse reactions then I decided this is my next step.  I'll hold on the gabapentin.  Yes all my drugs interact.  The biggest being luvox and seroquel.. I know luvox increases the side effects of seroquel.  No matter when I take the luvox it will be with gabapentin, since gabapentin is three  times a day.  I wanted to move the luvox because you said in earlier post that it looks like it has a beneficial effect. So I figured am is better to have it for the day.

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
5 hours ago, BfromNJ said:

It will most likely be blamed on anxiety

 

It could very well be the added stress that you are going through regarding the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
1 hour ago, BfromNJ said:

I'm not complaining,  if it comes off that way I apologize.  I guess I am so sensitive it takes me longer to recover after a drop.  My system is a mess.  I'm just having a difficult time.    You suggested the gabapentin and I did it. When you said then it looks like the  seroquel is giving adverse reactions then I decided this is my next step.  I'll hold on the gabapentin.  Yes all my drugs interact.  The biggest being luvox and seroquel.. I know luvox increases the side effects of seroquel.  No matter when I take the luvox it will be with gabapentin, since gabapentin is three  times a day.  I wanted to move the luvox because you said in earlier post that it looks like it has a beneficial effect. So I figured am is better to have it for the day.

@Altostrata

Like you said maybe I was mistaking gabapentin withdrawal for seroquel side effects.  I did not realize side effects and adverse reactions could manifest later on.  I always thought it was right away.  

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

Some things I have noticed with my daily symptoms- 

 

- recently been awaking earlier and unable to get back to sleep.

-spikes in anxiety in the morning,  some times almost a panic mode 

- when first awakening, no physical symptoms, until first dose of gabapentin.  

- more tired than normal, especially in morning.   Probably due to waking and not getting back to sleep.  

-genital sensitivity,  which started around 7/11.  

-tinnitus has been better. 

 

7/14-

5:00 - 190 mg gabapentin.  back to bed
- fell back asleep.  felt okay.  
8:00- up
internal tremor/shaking/pulsing.  genital sensitivity.
9:00-extreme anxiety and hopeless feeling.- persists all morning
10:00-dizzy and out of sorts.
12:30- genital sensitivity worsens. frequent urination.  
12:30- 190 (.238 pw) gabapentin and 18.75 (.096 pw) luvox
- lunch
1:00- internal tremor/pulsing/shaking worse. very bad in left leg and genital area. disturbing sensation.  
2:30- genital sensitivity persists.
- feel calmer even though symptoms are bad
3:45- fatigue.  tremor very bad.  
5:30- genital symptom calmed down.. low anxiety but depressed. 
7:30- meditated.   very relaxed.   inner pulsing/tingling sensation thru out body.
8:15- 190 mg (.238 pw) gabapentin
9:15- genital senitivity  symptom starts to return.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays
Posted (edited)

Hiya BfromNJ,

So practically right now, I see your dealing with a probable symptom of PGAD.

And then you are in the midst of a upcoming move.  Plus taking a vacation cruise.

And I wonder if the second two factors are outside stressors, which then indirectly up your health anxiety?  What do think?

And then perhaps the health anxiety and stress both may be affected your ability to listen, discern, and decide.

 

I see, and know that you've gotten some great input already regarding a tapering plan.

Some input too, from others who can relate to your frustration with present symptoms.

 

I'm not seeing seroquel in your notes above at all, in your notes from yesterday.

I don't know much about gabapentin treating PGAD.    For now anyway, I think if I were you, I would sure hold on any updosing of gabapentin.

 

When is all this other stuff taking place? The cruise.  The move.

And how long is that adventure?  Sounds fun too, where are you cruising?

Hoping that you are feeling better about it today.

And I just know, from my own experience, that I don't always get all the comfort/and or understanding,  I think I need, from a doctors visit.  This certainly was tougher,  for me, when I had psychiatrist doctors.  My present GP and I, do pretty well together.  Somewhat different, as I don't do medications/drugs anymore.  Nor, does he suggest any.  I just have to discriminate not doing over-supplemention, as he is a functional doctor.  Hoping your doctors visit went okay.  And do tell.

 

Do you have non-drug coping skills in place yet?  I just got a new issue of Yoga magazine.  "The healing" issue.  So have old and new poses I can strike on up, when needed.  Breathing too.  I mean, even in a pinch, I can stop and breathe. 

4-7-8 Breathing Exercise

I don't always do the tongue curl mentioned and sometimes just do it while listening to music.

Another simple thing that has helped me, in my own healing is EFT(Emotional Freedom Techniques)

I've put a couple links in towards the end of that topic too.  One you can go to to find out more about it.  And the second links are for doing some of it, guided, which can be really helpful at first.

 

When I was in the midst of it, more acute stuff, after I came here......I would often just browse around others introductions, and the symptom and self care forum and just try what was being offered to others too.  Or find something brand new to try for myself, in the way of non-drug coping.  Slowly, but surely, I found many options to use to help me cope.  And it's ongoing.  I still do plenty of non-drug coping now.

 

NJ is pretty fast paced overall, isn't it?  I sure hope your cruise adventure vacation helps a ton.  As far as giving you a good relax break.  And then maybe your move will be helpful too.  If you have more support there and all.  And oh man, are you getting out of a relationship too?  Wowzer.    I'll send an ode for the simpler life for you, or write one.  It's taken me awhile to put more on my plate, so to speak, and glad I gave meself a break when needed.  It was needed.  Much more clarity now.

 

Okay, all for now. 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

 

 

 

 

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration, additional thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
Posted (edited)

Of course they can be stressors.  But the move will put me with my supportive family- parents and brother.   And to a slower pace life style.  My thought was yes come back from a wonderful vacation, rested and prepare to move.  The move is not set in stone and I can push it a bit if need be.  I have to sort through my feelings for my boyfriend.  Its not ended, but I find I cant muster up much feelings for him.  I know I'm capable to feel, because I have love for everyone else - daughter,  parents, my dog (the cutest pug in the world,  lol). I don't know if the meds have blunted my emotions.  

 

As my father says,  one day at a time.   Heck sometimes it's one hour , one minute at a time!  

 

And yes I'm holding on the gabapentin updosing.  

 

 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Oh sweetie,

8 hours ago, BfromNJ said:

Of course they can be stressors.  But the move will put me with my supportive family- parents and brother.   And to a slower pace life style.  My thought was yes come back from a wonderful vacation, rested and prepare to move.  The move is not set in stone and I can push it a bit if need be.  I have to sort through my feelings for my boyfriend.  Its not ended, but I find I cant muster up much feelings for him.  I know I'm capable to feel, because I have love for everyone else - daughter,  parents, my dog (the cutest pug in the world,  lol). I don't know if the meds have blunted my emotions.  

 

As my father says,  one day at a time.   Heck sometimes it's one hour , one minute at a time!  

 

And yes I'm holding on the gabapentin updosing.  

Sounds like your Dad is a wise man.  That's good.   As is the rest.

 

Hard to know, isn't it......if your emotions are blunted or if it's just what it is.  Have you been dating this boyfriend long?  And if that feels too intrusive, me asking.......you don't need to answer.  Might be best to just pause a bit, and then see how you feel.  One thing at a time.  One day at a time sounds good.

 

Are you feeling any better about the upcoming cruise?  I see it's in about a weeks time.  Fine thought in your post that I quoted, as far as coming back from the vacation rested and all.

 

On 7/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, BfromNJ said:

that's what I thought. I leave on 7/21, which is just over a week away.  Since April 5, I've done 25% of my luvox and 5% of gabapentin (well, in now measuring the capsules out again, I am thinking it was more like 10%, but still within SA guidelines), so I am thinking I am "ahead of the game".  lol.   and yes I will do my capsules out a head of time.  Alto thought it best to do Seroquel now, as it would seem im getting adverse effects and side effects from that.  So I will have to be measuring out all three of my meds.  which is a pain.  I wish I was more comfortable with the water method. but I just cant grasp the concept. 

I'm not following that you need to measure out the Seroquel right now.  Aren't you working with a 25 mg tablet?

And then I didn't even see it in your most recent note.  Did you take it at bedtime on the 14th of July.

 

How long have you been holding on the gabapentin and then Luvox reductions now?

And if you are not feeling up to tapering at all before travel,  perhaps you should just HOLD.  What are your thoughts on that? 

 

Then you could come on back and go with whichever you've decided to continue to taper.  I think, for sure, one or the other is the best plan.  Keep going with gabapentin tapering when you get back or go with the Seroquel.   Not both intermittently.    The one advantage to the Seroquel, may be that it does help with sleep now.  It appears that you have had some good sleep at night in several of the notes.  Most people report some tiredness with the gabapentin too, yet that doesn't often seem to be the case for you.

 

Do you think a weighted type blanket( weighted blankets and bed tents) would help with the internal trembling that you are describing in the daytime.  I mean it does seem apparent that symptoms occur shortly after gabapentin.   Look through that link.  It seems that just the weight helps many.  And then perhaps, you could improvise a bit and just find something to swaddle in, more or less.

I think it's good that most of your nights you are getting good stretches of sleep.

 

The notes are good too, not only for us to see, but for you to practice as well.  Can you keep doing them, while traveling and now.  And then maybe just post a couple of days in row, when you post them?  Meantime keep us updated in narratives, with the rest.  Your trip preps.  Anything positive that might be happening.  Some do gratitude lists and I am a big fan of those myself and do them as well.  Try one.  List 10 things.

 

I wish I could make it all go away or bye bye quickly..........yet, unfortunately I can't.  The nature of this beast.  And the many medications, on and off, and now......interactions and adverse effects.

So all in all, considering........I think you are doing pretty good.  Planning on going on a cruise.  And then other future plans after that.

 

What is helping now, throughout the day?  There must be some moments in there......or I am hoping as much.

 

How did it go for your physical today?

And then how do you feel about your ability overall, to begin to empower yourself on your path to healing and wellness?  I really do believe it's inherent in all of us.  And even just that "to begin" part is something maybe you can focus on now.  It's powerful often, how much our thoughts and beliefs about ourselves can help us.  I'm hearing some from you, in bits and pieces......as far as belief in yourself now.  So that's good.  Give me more.  Give me more of that.  You're worth it BfromNJ !

This is tough stuff now.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
Posted (edited)

Posting this here in your Introduction topic so the mods have a full picture of what is happening in your life:

 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:50 AM, BfromNJ said:

Hello all.  I am sure some of you have gone through this same thing. I am having a really hard time conjuring up any feelings for my boyfriend.    Its like I just don't care.  Mind you, he had given me reasons, and has not been the most supportive at times during all this.   And there is a history of issues with him that I have had to deal with.   My daughter doe not like him and will have nothing to do with him, so that does not help with how I feel right now.  It just seems to reinforce it.    I have no problem showing love and care for my family and friends.   its just him.    

 

I am actually going to be making a big move to be near my parents and brother in another state.  They have always been a big support for me and we have always been very close.  when my parents moved it was hard for me and still is.   And he does not want to go.  So we will be a long distance relationship (not that far really, 6 hours or so).  but im honestly not sure if it will survive.  and I am wondering if my real intention to move is to get away from him. I know this all sounds so awful, but I cant help it.  I am afraid that when the smoke clears from the meds, that maybe I will regret this, but really I don't deep down think so.  I also have the added difficulty of perimenopause and I know hormones are affecting my sex drive and all.  Of course, this isn't fair to him as well. 

 

My daughter agrees with my decision and thinks that I am not my best self with him.   He can be difficult and says not so nice things sometimes.   

 

I don't mean to hurt him. but I cant help it.  Currently searching for a therapist to work through this all, but I am sure there are others on here who went through this.   I don't want to second guess my decision or my feeling just because of the meds or blame it on the meds if its meant to be like this.  on the other hands, what if it is the meds?   

 

I just feels like to much work right now to deal with it.  I don't feel like I have it in me.  

 

 

 

Edited by ChessieCat

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Posting this here in your Introduction topic so the mods have a full picture of what is happening in your life:

 

 

thanks Chessie.  I just thought it was more of a relationship issue and i wasnt supposed to post here, just withdraw and taper stuff.  not my feelings.    But possibly blunted emotions from meds.  Does that erase it from the other section? i had some responses from others i thought.  

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Yes, you posted in the correct area.  However, you hadn't mentioned it here and it is another stress which you are currently experiencing and the mods need to be aware of.

 

No, it hasn't erased the other post.  I just quoted it.

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
5 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh sweetie,

Sounds like your Dad is a wise man.  That's good.   As is the rest.

 

Hard to know, isn't it......if your emotions are blunted or if it's just what it is.  Have you been dating this boyfriend long?  And if that feels too intrusive, me asking.......you don't need to answer.  Might be best to just pause a bit, and then see how you feel.  One thing at a time.  One day at a time sounds good.

 

Are you feeling any better about the upcoming cruise?  I see it's in about a weeks time.  Fine thought in your post that I quoted, as far as coming back from the vacation rested and all.

 

I'm not following that you need to measure out the Seroquel right now.  Aren't you working with a 25 mg tablet?

And then I didn't even see it in your most recent note.  Did you take it at bedtime on the 14th of July.

 

How long have you been holding on the gabapentin and then Luvox reductions now?

And if you are not feeling up to tapering at all before travel,  perhaps you should just HOLD.  What are your thoughts on that? 

 

Then you could come on back and go with whichever you've decided to continue to taper.  I think, for sure, one or the other is the best plan.  Keep going with gabapentin tapering when you get back or go with the Seroquel.   Not both intermittently.    The one advantage to the Seroquel, may be that it does help with sleep now.  It appears that you have had some good sleep at night in several of the notes.  Most people report some tiredness with the gabapentin too, yet that doesn't often seem to be the case for you.

 

Do you think a weighted type blanket( weighted blankets and bed tents) would help with the internal trembling that you are describing in the daytime.  I mean it does seem apparent that symptoms occur shortly after gabapentin.   Look through that link.  It seems that just the weight helps many.  And then perhaps, you could improvise a bit and just find something to swaddle in, more or less.

I think it's good that most of your nights you are getting good stretches of sleep.

 

The notes are good too, not only for us to see, but for you to practice as well.  Can you keep doing them, while traveling and now.  And then maybe just post a couple of days in row, when you post them?  Meantime keep us updated in narratives, with the rest.  Your trip preps.  Anything positive that might be happening.  Some do gratitude lists and I am a big fan of those myself and do them as well.  Try one.  List 10 things.

 

I wish I could make it all go away or bye bye quickly..........yet, unfortunately I can't.  The nature of this beast.  And the many medications, on and off, and now......interactions and adverse effects.

So all in all, considering........I think you are doing pretty good.  Planning on going on a cruise.  And then other future plans after that.

 

What is helping now, throughout the day?  There must be some moments in there......or I am hoping as much.

 

How did it go for your physical today?

And then how do you feel about your ability overall, to begin to empower yourself on your path to healing and wellness?  I really do believe it's inherent in all of us.  And even just that "to begin" part is something maybe you can focus on now.  It's powerful often, how much our thoughts and beliefs about ourselves can help us.  I'm hearing some from you, in bits and pieces......as far as belief in yourself now.  So that's good.  Give me more.  Give me more of that.  You're worth it BfromNJ !

This is tough stuff now.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

 

 

 

 

hello and thank you for your kind words.  yes i took my seroquel on 7/14.  It must not have copied and pasted over from my phone.  I take 25 mg.  what i meant by having to measure is that if i decided to start the seroquel taper, i would be measuring out then the three meds.   im not doing that now.  

 

yes I am holding until after the cruise, i think not best to upset the apple cart right now with travelling.  and when i come back, will proceed with taper.  the seroquel is what is giving me my sleep now, so that may need to stay.  

 

My physical went well.  blood work , etc good.   thank you for asking.   I do have some moments of feeling normal, windows, which is great.  i treasure it.  I have been trying to journal more, i have a therapist to talk to (online, Better help)  and i am meditating.  i am trying to carry over the pieces i pick up in my meditation into my daily life .   Breathing as well.   

 

I have alot going on in my life right now.   it is literally, one day at a time.    I have felt that i didnt deserve to feel well, because i did this to myself by agreeing on the meds.  But my therapist says i need to shift that, that it is not all my fault and i should not take that burden.  I was only doing what i thought was best for me in my present state at the time and i trusted the doctors.  But its still hard, i beat myself up.  I only i did this or did that instead.  sigh.   

7 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Yes, you posted in the correct area.  However, you hadn't mentioned it here and it is another stress which you are currently experiencing and the mods need to be aware of.

 

No, it hasn't erased the other post.  I just quoted it.

thanks chessie. 

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
7/16
 
4:45- woke up and couldn't fall back asleep.  anxiety, but didnt notice any tremor or other symptoms
6:45- up.  190 mg (.238 pw) gabapentin.
7:15- internal tremor/pulsing/shaking
-genital sensitivity- this persisted thru the morning.  
12:30 lunch
- 190 mg (.238 pw) gabapentin and 18.75 (.096 pw) luvox 
- 4:30- genital symptoms calmed some.  
- internal tremor/shaking increased.  noticable in lips, hands , left leg, chest.  
6:00- internal tremor worsens
- genital sensations calm down
8:30- 190 mg (.238) gabapentin
-legs restless . internal tremor/shaking very bad
10:00- e5 mg seroquel
-10;30- bed
slept till 4:15- up and coukfmt fall back adleep

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

@chessie

@shep

@Altostrata

 

Not sure where I should have posted this, maybe in symptoms and self care?  Any recommendations for something to take for urinary urgency that will not interfere with meds?  besides cranberry juice?  I did a search but didn't really see what others have done. 

 

thanks all. 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays
Posted (edited)

Hi B,

Looks like you found where you had posted here:  PGAD

I did see that you mentioned perimenopause in the post the ChessieCat quoted, over here in your introduction too.  Sometimes during perimenopause, symptoms like this do occur.

Is this symptom, the urinary urgency new, and as of when?

You might consider your GP even, to screen for a UTI, and or perhaps ask one of the nurses there for advice?  I know my insurance offers a free nurse consult line.  It can be helpful.  I don't know if you have that option.

In the meantime, B, try and relax.

Oh, what did you find on just a general google search?  That sometimes is helpful too when you have these types of questions.  Dr. Google.

Nothing is coming to mind, to suggest, from me, right now.

Possibly another member or mod may pop in.

 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
Posted (edited)

I will call doctor to see what's ok to take with the meds.  I didnt want to cause more issues, have enough. I dont even take any OTC's now.  I'm waiting on a uti culture.  

 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Sounds good.  If per chance, you do have a UTI, please be informed, as far as antibiotics go.  I'm hoping you have a great GP too.  Oftentimes though, it is important that "patients" do their homework, as well.  I mean that's my opinion, based on experience,  and coming from working in a medical field too.  Not presently, and have retired my license.  

Busy, busy practices and many without the time, to be real thorough, about everyone they see.  It stinks of not Caring.  Sorry, on my soapbox!  I still think it comes from when Insurance, health Insurance seemed to take over, calling the shots, on what they would cover.  Or that might be part of it.


Cipro, Levaquin, Azithromycin(Z pack), and other antibiotics

 

And of course, Drugs.com

(can be used to check on single drug information, as well as for interactions)

 

Oh, and B,  we've had a couple members dealing with Cystitis symptoms.  I just found a healthline article.  

And this doesn't always mean infection.  Sometimes, just inflammation.  And then, the urgency symptom.  I get it sometimes, the urgency, when I'm nervous or rushing/hurrying. 

Are you familiar with DMV64 or Junglechicken?  2 members,  have dealt, with something similar.

 

 

Edited by manymoretodays

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ

@Shep

@Altostrata

 

 

My urine culture came back as showing a bacteria.  Supposedly it's one that could normally be there?   which confused me and I called back for them to further clarify, because I don't want to take an antibiotic for nothing.  but doctor wants me to do an antibiotic.  I'm concerned because they want to give me cipro.  

 

Is this a no no with meds and withdraw?  What else can I do?  Supposedly this is the one that works for this type bacteria.  I am actually going to ask them to see if my previous culture i had done indicated this bacteria since maybe its one that i always have there. 

 

I was also recently having very good days with my tinnitus and I know most antibiotics can be otto toxic.   I am so sensitive to medications as it is and don't want to upset the apple cart.  but I do have the frequent urination and i am uncomfortable. 

 

and with going on the cruise on Sunday having issues with a medication is the last thing i need.  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
2 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Sounds good.  If per chance, you do have a UTI, please be informed, as far as antibiotics go.  I'm hoping you have a great GP too.  Oftentimes though, it is important that "patients" do their homework, as well.  I mean that's my opinion, based on experience,  and coming from working in a medical field too.  Not presently, and have retired my license.  

Busy, busy practices and many without the time, to be real thorough, about everyone they see.  It stinks of not Caring.  Sorry, on my soapbox!  I still think it comes from when Insurance, health Insurance seemed to take over, calling the shots, on what they would cover.  Or that might be part of it.


Cipro, Levaquin, Azithromycin(Z pack), and other antibiotics

 

And of course, Drugs.com

(can be used to check on single drug information, as well as for interactions)

 

Oh, and B,  we've had a couple members dealing with Cystitis symptoms.  I just found a healthline article.  

And this doesn't always mean infection.  Sometimes, just inflammation.  And then, the urgency symptom.  I get it sometimes, the urgency, when I'm nervous or rushing/hurrying. 

Are you familiar with DMV64 or Junglechicken?  2 members,  have dealt, with something similar.

 

 

My urine culture came back as showing a bacteria.  Supposedly it's one that could normally be there but it did grow so doc wants me to take antibiotics.    which confused me and I called back for them to further clarify, because I don't want to take an antibiotic for nothing.  but doctor wants me to do an antibiotic.  I'm concerned because they want to give me cipro.  

 

 What else can I do?  Supposedly this is the one that works for this type bacteria.   Years ago i had gotten a small rash while on Amoxicillan, so i thought i may be allergic now my file is marked as so.  I may not have been.  but supposedly they now wont give it to me.  Id much rather that if i can convince him.  Wouldn't that be a better option?

 

I was also recently having very good days with my tinnitus and I know most antibiotics can be otto toxic.   I am so sensitive to medications as it is and don't want to upset the apple cart.  but I do have the frequent urination and i am uncomfortable.   I recently stopped my probiotic due to a possible allergic reaction to it and coincidentally this came up after. I wonder if this may have upset the balance of bacteria? 

 

 with going on the cruise on Sunday having to start a new medication is the last thing i want to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Hi B,

I'm not Shep or Altostrata, but was still on, looking for more references, and studying up on gabapentin.

Just my opinion here, but yes, Cipro could be concerning, for you take now I think.  However, in general,  ABX, are sometimes needed in WD. 

Are you able to discuss your concerns with your doctor BfromNJ? 

I'd be concerned too, on using Cipro.  I mean if this was an emergency situation, life or death........well, then maybe......on using Floxin's.  Perhaps, there is something else you might try.  You might take a look, at some of the discussion, that took place on DMV64's introduction:

This post below, and then preceding, and following that post.

Just click on the arrow there, in the upper right, and it should take you to Shep's post there. 

And no, you are not benzo dependant, I do realize that.  Yet, you are now most likely dependant on the gababentin.And then a bit more on your gabapentin here, as well:  Tips for tapering off Neurontin(gabapentin)

A lot of suggestions were offered to DMV64, even alternative strategies to get rid of her UTI,  and/or with or without an ABX.

And it does seem, so far as I am gleaning that both benzo's and gabapentin, are similar in that they effect GABA synthesis(not sure how that relates, at the moment, to GABA receptors and then the whole mechanism of action, and similarities between the 2 drugs).

 

And me, personally, even without being on meds/drugs anymore,  I steer clear away from taking things like Floxin's.  A few years back I did just fine with a Z-pack.  I've also experienced tinnitis.  And it seemed to be self limiting, and again, oddly or not oddly, increased when I was stressed.  

What ABX are you reading about that are ototoxic?  I remember Gentamycin being one.  I don't think that would even be considered for a UTI though.

Okay, wishing you the best on your healing, in all regards.

 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

 

 

Edited by manymoretodays
added a ...... or without an ABX

Share this post


Link to post
BfromNJ
4 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi B,

I'm not Shep or Altostrata, but was still on, looking for more references, and studying up on gabapentin.

Just my opinion here, but yes, Cipro could be concerning, for you take now I think.  However, in general,  ABX, are sometimes needed in WD. 

Are you able to discuss your concerns with your doctor BfromNJ? 

I'd be concerned too, on using Cipro.  I mean if this was an emergency situation, life or death........well, then maybe......on using Floxin's.  Perhaps, there is something else you might try.  You might take a look, at some of the discussion, that took place on DMV64's introduction:

This post below, and then preceding, and following that post.

Just click on the arrow there, in the upper right, and it should take you to Shep's post there. 

And no, you are not benzo dependant, I do realize that.  Yet, you are now most likely dependant on the gababentin.And then a bit more on your gabapentin here, as well:  Tips for tapering off Neurontin(gabapentin)

A lot of suggestions were offered to DMV64, even alternative strategies to get rid of her UTI, and/or with an ABX.

And it does seem, so far as I am gleaning that both benzo's and gabapentin, are similar in that they effect GABA synthesis(not sure how that relates, at the moment, to GABA receptors and then the whole mechanism of action, and similarities between the 2 drugs).

 

And me, personally, even without being on meds/drugs anymore,  I steer clear away from taking things like Floxin's.  A few years back I did just fine with a Z-pack.  I've also experienced tinnitis.  And it seemed to be self limiting, and again, oddly or not oddly, increased when I was stressed.  

What ABX are you reading about that are ototoxic?  I remember Gentamycin being one.  I don't think that would even be considered for a UTI though.

Okay, wishing you the best on your healing, in all regards.

 

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

 

 

My tinnitus started after two doses of Clyndamicin (spelling may be wrong). it may have been coincidental, other things were going on (dental work, upper endoscopy, coming off gabapentin a few weeks before, etc)  but i am cautious no the less.  well i should say it got intrusive.  I have always had it, but it even bothered me, never even noticed it.  i will check out the above.  thanks.  and i think i will also ask for another culture, to be sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

I know, I know BfromNJ.  A couple of options you can consider.  Another ABX, and this would involve, further talking with your doctor, of course.  Or......something alternative.  In hopes the infection clears, using the alternative alone.  I can't tell you what to do exactly though.  I mean you understand the why's of that and all, right.  And then I wouldn't be comfortable doing so anyway.  I don't know much about your renal health in general, or history of ABX use, or UTI history.  Your doctor probably does though.  And then, keep in mind, it's unlikely that your doctor would support alternatives.

 

Oh, we all get called on, to make our own decisions here, armed with information though........as well as, trusting sometimes, our own instincts and intuition.  I know that's hard sometimes.

 

And then I've had good success, using colloidal silver, just a small amount, on one or two occasions, at the hint of possible infection.  For me, it's been for URI's.

 

I've got to run now, will check back when my schedule allows.

 

And best.......

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

And okay.  Good, good.  More information.  I think we are double posting.  Clindamycin may not be a good choice for you either, as far as ABX go then.

And sounds like a good plan, the reculture or recheck.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...