On 12/20/2020 at 11:14 PM, Amira123 said:

Can anybody advise me please. Is it possible to recover from this. I am starting to doubt it and to lose hope. i am afraid i have done some permenant damage to my brain. I am now 26 months off and not recovered yet. 26 months is a good time for something to heal so why i am not recovered? I do not prefer to write about my suffering and each time i am having a wave i prefer to keep it to myself because i do not want to scare anybody. But i am feeling so hopeless.

I am very sad to still have the chemical dark depression and the thoughts which come with it even after 2 years. These thoughts are torturing me. the chemical fear, hopelessness, dread are beyond comprehension. The suffering is so surreal i sometimes wonder is it possible for feelings like this to exist in life

The symptoms are getting on my way of having a normal life. I want to have a job, to have money to enable me to live. I want to study and be able to read books again. Marriage and having kids are now distant dreams which i do not know will happen or not. I really want to have control over my brain again to do the basic things that humans do. To have the basic human feelings, positive feelings and emotions. I feel very sad i lost my cognitive functions, i cant be creative or plan anything. I am not able to connect to anythinng around me. I want to be able to solve normal life issues again. To be able to make meals for myself. To lay on my bed and not wish death every second.  And my family make it even harder by not believing me or even show empathy. They are asking me to have a job, marry, have kids, social life. And i  do not have any evidence for my illness. No scan or test to show i am ill. It all started when i was 23, now i will turn 28.

I can't believe a small pill prescribed by a dr can damage my life this way.

@Amira123

We all have to be patient. We must survive this ugly journey. One day we will reach ashore and celebrate. Hang in there. Do not give up. 

Read more about success stories and avoid searching details of your symptoms, it will all go away, one day. so, LET GO. 

May ALLAH bless you, and support you.

Edited by Shep
edited Amira's quoted post according to Amira's PM request.

2010-2016 Cipralex 25mg

October 31, 2015: Started tapering

March 29, 2016: 0 mg Cipralex 

2016: severe withdrawal symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, Amira123 said:

Thank you for your support @Shep do you think these symptoms will go away one day? 

Yes, I do. 

Are you able to tolerate supplements?

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

• Mentor
On 12/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, Nsr99 said:

@Amira123

We all have to be patient. We must survive this ugly journey. One day we will reach ashore and celebrate. Hang in there. Do not give up. 

Read more about success stories and avoid searching details of your symptoms, it will all go away, one day. so, LET GO. 

May ALLAH bless you, and support you.

@Nsr99 You have always been supportive, Nsr. Thank you. I have hope in ALLAH swt. It is just that sometimes symptoms are very hard to handle.

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

• Mentor

Thank you @Shep for you advice. I am afriad to take any supplements as they mess my nervous system. I will give magnesium a try and see how it works

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Start with a very small dose of magnesium. You may want to mix it with water and sip on it throughout the day. Many members find it to be calming. 

Or you may want to try taking a warm Epsom salt bath. Epsom salts contain magnesium, but some people find it's a more gentle way of getting magnesium. 

Let us know how you feel. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Amira, I received your PM and am posting some information here in your thread so you have all your information in one place. 

For information on the validity of ADHD, you may want to check out the resources on the Mad in America site.

You may want to start with this article, as it goes into the brain scan studies:

Lancet Psychiatry Needs to Retract the ADHD-Enigma Study

And some more articles: 

Mad in America - ADHD info

The Scientism of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

ADHD: A Destructive Psychiatric Hoax

The Spin Doctors: “ADHD” Research

ADHD: Disempowerment By Diagnosis

Dr. Timimi is posting his book for free (chapter by chapter) online on the MiA site. These chapters deal with ADHD:

Insane Medicine, Chapter 3: The Manufacture of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (Part 1)

Insane Medicine, Chapter 3: The Manufacture of ADHD (Part 2)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 12:46 AM, Amira123 said:

Thank you for the resources, Shep. I will read them

2 years is not long, it might seem that way but ive been in “withdrawal” now for ten years, some people i know have been in it for 11-15 years also, though that is far more rare. Theres no telling how each individuals journey will pan out...i use “withdrawal” in quotes because i firmly believe this will be considered a form of brain damage eventually....i do have windows though, they are brief and mild but its enough to keep going, 2 years might seem like a life time but its really not compared to a lot of people going through this, just keep hanging on and check in with people on this site as much as possible, this site saved me from my own ignorance. 

• Altostrata changed the title to ☼ Amira
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Hello Amira, I'm happy to see you as a mentor! :) How are you feel now? At your point of your journey are the waves less intense? I hope so!🙏

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• Mentor

Hi @Leila Thank you. I am better and improving. But still not out of the woods yet. Take care 🌸

Edited by Amira

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

• Mentor

You had to be proud of yourself! I wish you more and more healing!🙏

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• 2 months later...
  • Mentor

Hello @Shep and @Altostrata

Is there any topic on SA which has a list of the medications that affect the CNS and the brain, Like cipro and etc..?

Thanks

Edited by Amira

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

• Administrator

Please look in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 9 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

hello @Amira
how are you doing ?

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 1 year later...

Hello @Amirahaveow are you doing now 🙂?

01/2017-12/2022 ~6 Years on Generic Escilitopram (5mg-20mg) because of repetitive panic attacks and anxiety that lead to depression. My tapering was not tapering as I read here. I consider it CT because of wrong directions of docs, I went from 20mg to 5mg in a short amount of time and then jumped to 0mg.

•01/07/23 Took maca root powder for pssd for 4 days only which I think worsened my symptoms a lot.(Not sure if that was the cause or what came was supposed to come)
•15/07/23-01/08/23 Prebagalin) 2x50mg

01/08/23 - 05/08/23.  75x50mg

06/08/23 - 18/08/23 2x75mg an then reduced 19/09/23 - 23-09 to 75x50mg 

24/09/23 - 1/12/23 2x50mg.

1/12/22- ongoing  2x45mg( on first week of December happened a mistake in liquid I made and took 4  times double dose  )

15/01/24 -  ongoing occasional 5mg  diazepam for anxiety.