NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn successful story

NaturalBorn

Hey guys, it's me NaturalBorn, i didn't forget about you guys, so here i am to write my success story, it has been 2 years and 3 months since i found this forum, and you can check my story somewhere, it was pretty ugly, went CT from 300mg of effexor, got horrific withdrawals, reinstated after some months out of despair, started doing a bunch of recreational drugs, went to rehab, got put into some crazy cocktail of antypsychotics and antidepressatns and some other stuff, tried quitting, got pretty messed, up, long story, but here i am to tell you guys i'm living a completely normal life, i don't think about withdrawals not one single second of my day ever, all over, i work a half time job, was going to college (now studying home), have tried everything since i quit, nothing makes me feel any worst or anything,  if anything when i workout VERY HARD, i think i have a hard time sleeping, idk might not even be true since i always had a crazy sleeping pattern,  but that's it concerning lingering side effects, other than that i tried every exercise possible, from jogging to boxing, crazy diets, fasting for long periods of time, and i'm great, life is just normal again, way more normal then when i started doing meds in the first place... i feel better than ever cognitively, i feel as sharp as a knife when it comes to analytical thinking, debating, all that stuff, and i had great grades at college after all that, so i don't have any brain damage as far as cognitive function goes,  and i'm not gonna be trying to push anything here, but i did became a christian, and i do belive God healed me, since then life has been completely different (for better), if anyone wants to talk with me about anything, feel free to message me, or even call me on skype or whatever, i would love that! Cheers guys, i pray evebody get better and moves on with their lives.

SkyStreamer

Hi @NaturalBorn! Nice to read your success story! Congratulations! These success stories are so nice for us newbies on the site!! They give us a lot of hope and encouragement

On a different note, I had a question about the experience of your beliefs - before ADs, during ADs, and after ADs.

I used to have a very strong Christian faith before going on ADs. Then, during the time I've been on ADs, my faith has slowly deteriorated. I still pray and go to church. But, my faith is not really there in any substantial way. This is all to ask: did you notice your set of beliefs change when (1) before you went on ADs to when you starting taking them, and then (2) from when you were on ADs to when you came off them?

Thanks again for sharing!! :)

NaturalBorn

Hey @SkyStreamer i had no faith before december of 2016 ~ around there, i would say i became serious about christianity on january of 2017,  so i cant really awnser that lol, at best you could say i was agnostic, i wouldn't totally denie the existence of a deity, but i definetly wasn't a christian, i came to Christ because of the whole withdrawal situation actually, i was desperate, but since then my faith has been pretty strong, sure, life isn't perfect, i don't expect it to be, but it's better than ever, that's for sure. Anyway, thanks for interacting!

Rezten

Thank you for your story.  I quick tapered off of 150 mg of Effexor last March.  Went into withdrawal. In that process and doctors throwing different drugs at me because they didn't know what to do, I now have 3 drugs i need to taper and feel I wont recover because of that.  I didnt find SA until it was too late to reinstate.  

Your story still gives me hope though.  Thank you for sharing it.

Gridley
2 hours ago, Rezten said:

I now have 3 drugs i need to taper and feel I wont recover because of that.   

You will recover.  I too have three drugs to taper and I am confident I will get off all three.  Yes, it will take a long time, but there's no avoiding that.  Go slowly, take one drug at a time, and know you will get off.

Rezten
20 minutes ago, Gridley said:

You will recover.  I too have three drugs to taper and I am confident I will get off all three.  Yes, it will take a long time, but there's no avoiding that.  Go slowly, take one drug at a time, and know you will get off.

Is it possible to start feeling better/stabalizing while coming off other drugs?

Gridley
3 minutes ago, Rezten said:

Is it possible to start feeling better/stabalizing while coming off other drugs?

Yes.  For example, I am in better condition now at 3.7mg Lexapro than I was a year ago at 9.2mg.  That doesn't mean I'm perfect but I am functioning and have windows and good days (and some waves and bad days).  My symptoms overall are better than a year ago. Just go slowly and don't let the time frame get you down.

NaturalBorn
2 hours ago, Rezten said:

Thank you for your story.  I quick tapered off of 150 mg of Effexor last March.  Went into withdrawal. In that process and doctors throwing different drugs at me because they didn't know what to do, I now have 3 drugs i need to taper and feel I wont recover because of that.  I didnt find SA until it was too late to reinstate.  

Your story still gives me hope though.  Thank you for sharing it.

Heey @Rezten  thanks for the reply, i'm here for you guys.

India
18 hours ago, NaturalBorn said:

Hey guys, it's me NaturalBorn, i didn't forget about you guys, so here i am to write my success story, it has been 2 years and 3 months since i found this forum, and you can check my story somewhere, it was pretty ugly, went CT from 300mg of effexor, got horrific withdrawals, reinstated after some months out of despair, started doing a bunch of recreational drugs, went to rehab, got put into some crazy cocktail of antypsychotics and antidepressatns and some other stuff, tried quitting, got pretty messed, up, long story, but here i am to tell you guys i'm living a completely normal life, i don't think about withdrawals not one single second of my day ever, all over, i work a half time job, was going to college (now studying home), have tried everything since i quit, nothing makes me feel any worst or anything,  if anything when i workout VERY HARD, i think i have a hard time sleeping, idk might not even be true since i always had a crazy sleeping pattern,  but that's it concerning lingering side effects, other than that i tried every exercise possible, from jogging to boxing, crazy diets, fasting for long periods of time, and i'm great, life is just normal again, way more normal then when i started doing meds in the first place... i feel better than ever cognitively, i feel as sharp as a knife when it comes to analytical thinking, debating, all that stuff, and i had great grades at college after all that, so i don't have any brain damage as far as cognitive function goes,  and i'm not gonna be trying to push anything here, but i did became a christian, and i do belive God healed me, since then life has been completely different (for better), if anyone wants to talk with me about anything, feel free to message me, or even call me on skype or whatever, i would love that! Cheers guys, i pray evebody get better and moves on with their lives.

Can you identify a key turning point ( I.e. One year in) or was it windows and waves the whole way?

NaturalBorn

@India , oh yeah, i forgot, believe it or not (really it's up to you) when i became a christian it was a matter of 2~3 weeks and i was around 100%, already begin working as a uber driver and the sleepless nights went away, i also quit smoking cold turkey and threw the rest of my trazadone away, that's the honest to God truth, i say "when i became a christian" because i believe that's the reason why i got better, anyway, thanks for the question i think i'm gonna add that to the original post

Rezten
12 minutes ago, NaturalBorn said:

kirby

Sounds great that its going well! Tell you the truth, I felt slightly religious too, wishing that something would watch over me so that I healed well. Right now I'm concentrating on other aspects of my life (school and family), but that fact that I found this website is a pretty good act of higher power in itself.

Ryder

@NaturalBorn Hi mate, glad you are doing so well.

Can I ask, did you cold turkey to get of psychiatric drugs in the end? After you started to follow again in Christianity, You were also on Multiple drugs, did you C/T off Effexor before binning the trazedone... ?

I am glad you found your peace of mind. These stories really are an inspiration to what can be found in the human spirit.

Your English is good,

Thanks for posting!

God Bless ,

Ryder.

Santino

Congratulations my friend.

It is good you came back here to give hope to our friends who are still struggling. I made it my self and i am happy for any good news i here from people who have recovered.

Good luck and enjoy buddy

AbbyElfie

Good for you. I'm not a Christian but withdrawal is what brought me the closest to God, I believe withdrawal can be a huge catalyst for deep spiritual awakening for many people. In that sense it's a real blessing. I'm glad you have found yourself again and may you continue to live well.

NaturalBorn

@Ryder Hey man, when i began following Christ and decided to quit the meds i was already finishing a long taper (about 4 months), so i was at a very low dosage of trazadone when i finally quit, can't remember exactly what, but very low. 

Before going to rehab (wich is where i was put on the cocktail) i was on 300mg of effexor again and at the clinic they tappered me in about 2 weeks, while adding all the new drugs, seroquel, trazadone and abilify, it was pretty ok, problems came back when i tried quitting the cocktail... anyway, thanks for the chatting, pray you get better.

Ryder

@NaturalBornWow.. how dafudge did you get off Effexor. Are you still taking trazadone as it says in your sig or you havent updated yet. Tip of the hat to you sir.

NaturalBorn

@Ryder They tappered me while ptting me on many other drugs, i also could ask for benzos whenever i wanted, so... no i'm off pills completely since january of 2017, all glory to God, thanks for the interaction

SkyStreamer
On 2/8/2019 at 12:32 PM, AbbyElfie said:

Good for you. I'm not a Christian but withdrawal is what brought me the closest to God, I believe withdrawal can be a huge catalyst for deep spiritual awakening for many people. In that sense it's a real blessing. I'm glad you have found yourself again and may you continue to live well.

Very true! Ironically, I felt that withdrawal has been one of the first real opportunities i"ve had to try and confront my fears and worries and to learn not to let them overpower me into enslavement. I still wish I didn't have to go through withdrawal, but I'm certainly thankful for the chance to try and deal with these issues. I have been running from fear and anxiety my whole life. Now it's a face to face duel - both of us out in the open and on an equal playing field. :) 

shawny

Did you have trouble with vision or tinnitus while coming off the drug ?