Wisdom from Allah

Ather

A few months ago I heard this Quranic verse in a graduation speech "With every hardship comes ease" and it was quite soothing.  

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 6:32 PM, Ryder said:

Do you have any Rumi? I think he studied Islamic mysticism called Sufism.

This isn't my faith, I am Jewish. but I love reading quotes from Rumi. Once of my faviroutes was "Knocking at a door, it opens, I was knocking from inside!" Great stuff.

Here's some Rumi:

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.

Today I am wise, so I want to change myself.

2012- Citalopram 40- Axal 0.5mg  2017- Stopped Axal CT. No WD.

2017 - Effexor XR 75 mg.

For Epilepsy:1983 - Tegral 400 mg/day  2009 - Lumark 1000 mg/day- Biotim eyedrops for glaucoma.

27 April 2019 - Effexor XR taper started. 40 beads removed - 16% - 63mg20 May - 10% - 20 beads. 57mg / 3 June - 10% - 20 beads - 51mg / 18 July - 6% -10 beads - 48mg / 20 July - 7% -10 beads- 44.5mg/ 1 Sept - 75 mg alternate days = 37.5 mg/ 14 Sept - 75 mg every 3rd day = 25mg/  22 Sept - Effexor XR stopped.

27 Oct - Tegral = 300mg. Citalopram = 30 mg. Lumark = 500mg Busron = 10 mg. Somna = 2.5 mg

1-Jan 2020 Tegral 200mg BD- Citalopram 20mg OD- Lumark 500BD

25 Apr 2020 Tegral 200 mg BD- Citalopram alternate days 20 mg and 10 mg OD - Lumark 500BD

May June 2020 Dropped to 10 mg citalopram due to drug shortages.

Early July 2020: CT'ed citalopram - nonavailability of medicine. Tegral + Lumark remains same as before.

• 2 months later...

@Ather, it was great to read the word allah; I know thay most of people who speak english are christians and they dont say allah, thay say god and of course it is no problem, I only wanted to say that I was surprised.

I didnt imagine that it would be available to talk about how my religion helped me and how listening to quran and roqia made my healing faster, yes, it is true and iam sure that quran made me heal faster as much as iam sure that iam suffering withdrawals.

A sentence in quran sais: we will make you feel some pain, fear, money loss, self loss and hunger and who can wait for them until they end, then allah will know he is a believer and will give him a great life again with alot of great blessings( I think I dont use precise english do describe the sentence in quran as fascinating as it is).

All these sentences and promises that we belive and trust are giving us patience and strength to bear and wait.

Islam is a great religion, it is the truth.

Iam an arabic speaker, you can ask me about things u want.

Thanks for such a great topic.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor

In islam, one purpose of suffering is growth.

WD pain, especially the mental pain, is a pain the human mind cannot comprehend. You can only understand it when you go through it.

WD is hell, i will not sugar coat it. But also i won't deny the fact  that i have been blessed throughout this journey. I have grown in ways i have never though were possible, gained valuable life lessons and wisdom that will serve me for the rest of my life.  I am not the same person before WD, and to be honest, and i don't want to be.

"The most two important days in your life are the day your born and the day you find out why"
and WD finally let me find out my purpose in life.

I have always found comfort in the words of Allah during times of deep despair. I want to share some verses from Qur'an

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

"And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish." (11:115)

"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah." (16:127)

"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning." (40:55)

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

Qur'an 94:5-6

you who have attained to faith! Be patient in adversity, and vie in patience with one another, and be ever ready (to do what is right), and remain conscious of God, so that you might attain to a happy state

And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent. (65: 2-3)

Seek Allah’s help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble.(2:45)

It may be that you hate something when it is good for you and it may be that you love something when it is bad for you. Allah (swt) knows and you know not. ( 2:216)

No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune.(41:35)

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

Hi everyone

Some thoughts that may sooth us all while going through this awful journey of WD.

Understanding why we are going through WD pain and the suffering associated with it,

and pain in general, is key to our understanding of life, and where one is heading, and as such help soothes pain.

In Islam, we believe that we are here in this life for a test! We did not choose to be in this life.

We were born and given life and were told about the test, and given all the answers.

But things do not go easy. They do not go the way we desire and wish.

We cannot control what happens to us. We can only control how we deal or react with the circumstances surrounding us.

Life is configured this was. Though, we are given enough power and tools to help us survive and succeed in the test.

Patience is one of the tools. In the test, whomever passes it, will get great reward;

the biggest reward is entering paradise, where they are no pain, no suffering.

Patience and holding a clear focus on the prospect of paradise help soothe WD pain,

and any other pain. That’s why patience is mentioned in Quaran more than 90 times!

Bad things happen to us without our permission, to test our patience and collect reward for being patient.

The WD pain that we are going through is a test for our patience.

I find this helpful in tolerating WD symptoms. Enough for now, and I will try to add more later.

2010-2016 Cipralex 25mg

October 31, 2015: Started tapering

March 29, 2016: 0 mg Cipralex 

2016: severe withdrawal symptoms.

• 1 month later...

I usually find solace in contemplating the essence meaning of patience (in Arabic it is called Sabir).

Indeed, patience has a special status in Islam. 

In this world, we often face difficulties that are beyond our capabilities to resolve, alleviate, or even go around.

We, in an effort to escape the pain and suffering, engage in taking all reasonable measures and actions that are within our capacities, often with high speed,

to shorten our intolerance. Unfortunately, sometimes our efforts are fruitless.

At this point, we submit to our fate, and consider patience (Sabir) and ask Allah Almighty to help us prevail and overcome the misfortune.

While going through the agony, one remembers that this mishap may be thought of as a positive gesture to

collect rewards and may become the reasons for living endless happiness in Heaven.

There is a great reward only for those among us who are patient because Allah Almighty loves those who did Patience (Sabr) in a difficult time.

Allah Almighty said in the Holy Quran: “Only those who are patient shall receive their rewards in full, without Hisaab (without limit, calculation, and estimation).”(Quran, 39:10). in this way we have a strong belief on Almighty Allah that He will never leave us alone. In the Quran, Allah said: “And be Patient. Surely, Allah is with those who are patient.”

2010-2016 Cipralex 25mg

• Mentor
3 hours ago, Nsr99 said:

Allah Almighty said in the Holy Quran: “Only those who are patient shall receive their rewards in full, without Hisaab (without limit, calculation, and estimation).”(Quran, 39:10). in this way we have a strong belief on Almighty Allah that He will never leave us alone. In the Quran, Allah said: “And be Patient. Surely, Allah is with those who are patient.”

Thank you for sharing this, @Nsr99 , this verse keeps me going whenever i feel down or hopeless. 

Cymbalta 30 mg- 60 mg 

06/2016-  10/2018 ( Cold Turkey) 

On 2/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, Martina23 said:

Really? I didnt know. How do you write "h" in arabic? I know that ala is "lll" and there is missing h.

This is how you write Allah in Arabic (الله)

H is Haa' in Arabic and the letter looks different on its own (ه), in the beginning of a word (هواء) and at the end of words like (الله)

Arabic is beautiful indeed ❤

2nd of April 2020 - 7th of April 2020 Sertraline 50 mg (adverse reaction).

2nd of August 2020 Omega 3 fish oil 1000mg (currently on).

@Martina23

And if Haa' is in the middle, it looks like this (لهو) 

• 4 weeks later...

On 7/29/2020 at 7:02 PM, cleopatra said:

@Martina23

And if Haa' is in the middle, it looks like this (لهو) 

@cleopatra

You seem to know Arabic very well! How did you learn Arabic? Or are you originally Arabic? Just curious!

2010-2016 Cipralex 25mg

Just now, Nsr99 said:

@cleopatra

You seem to know Arabic very well! How did you learn Arabic? Or are you originally Arabic? Just curious!

I am an Arab. Arabic will be forever my favorite language ❤️

22 minutes ago, cleopatra said:

I am an Arab. Arabic will be forever my favorite language ❤️

No wonder!!

2010-2016 Cipralex 25mg

Who is allah ? I don't know him.

2012 - 2016

Sertraline (50 mg) + Aripiprazole (5 mg) (Both CT) (After CT I had my first mania attack.)

2016 - 2017

Sertraline (50 mg) + Aripiprazole (5 mg) (Both CT) (After CT I had my second mania attack.)

October 2017 - January 2018

Sertraline (50 mg) + Aripiprazole (5 mg) (Both CT) (After CT I had a movement problem)

March 2018 - April 2018

Bupropion (150 mg) + Aripiprazole (5 mg) (Both CT) (My movement problems were resolved but I became angrier than usual while I was using them)

April 2018 - July 2018

Prozac (20 mg) + Aripiprazole (5 mg) (Both CT) (After I CT'ed because of different problems which were related to my vision and finger jerks my movement problem came back.)

September 2020 - ...

I'm on Sertraline (50 mg) + Aripiprazole (2.5 mg).

• Moderator Emeritus

@madmert9

Your location is Turkey.  I am aware that Islam is the most practiced religion in your country.  It is highly unlikely that you do not know who allah is.

This topic is for members who wish to discuss how their Islamic faith is helping them.

Please do not cause any trouble.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Today I read something and thought of sharing it on this thread as it gave me a lot of strength: 

"There will be times in your life when nothing makes sense and you can’t see the wood for the trees. That’s when you need to keep trusting the Almighty and keep going. It won’t be easy but you have no other option. His plans for you are greater than you could ever imagine!"

- Mufti Menk

"When you feel lost, instead of drifting further, remind yourself this life is temporary. The feeling won’t last. Ask Allah for ease. Remember that the hurt will heal, hatred will turn to love. Everything will pass. So bear patience. Don't worry. Allah has told us nothing lasts."

"Sometime, Allah breaks your spirit to save your soul
Somethime, Allah breaks our heart to make us whole
Somethime, Allah allows pain so we can be stronger
Somethime, Allah sends us failure so we can be humble" 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy