Promoting this Website, raising awareness

Shanti

I really would like to promote this website some more. I may have started a topic about this before, now that I think about it...

Anyway, any ideas on how to promote it? The reason is that there is a withdrawal website that most people suffering end up in, and I don't like that site because they totally discourage and ban people that share success with other methods of getting through this when it's not their own method. And the method they use is pretty much tough it out, use CBT and that's about it. So it really bothers me that this is the website that most go to because it's the first one to show up on a Google search. We need Surviving Antidepressants to top that so people will feel some hope.

Leaving links to this site is good. I like to go to Yahoo answers and search terms like Paxil, Paxil withdrawal, etc, and find people asking for help or advice. I answer their questions and always leave a link to this site.

There are also other forums such as Topix where we can leave links.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

I'd like to think we have the best information about tapering and recovery. New members sign up every day saying they like the atmosphere. This site has been rising steadily in the Google search results.

There's some indication that even on the other site, word of mouth is getting around about this site.

On one hand, I'd reach out to anyone who needs help. I hate to see people getting hurt by bad information.

On the other hand, we're not in a competition.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I agree, competition is not the issue..There are some people there who have really made some progress with very slow tapering...ad I am following them..all shared experience is good.

Ativan: quite 1990

96-2001: Aropax (Paxil), Luvox. two CTs (bad)

2001-2012: 300 Effexor

Nov 2011: 25%, 2 week reduction (v bad)

Dec:2011" reinstate to 300mg

(Chronic pain condition, well managed)

Well, to me it is I guess LOL. I'm really irked. If it wasn't for running into someone from here over at Topix that told me about this place when we were complaining about the "other", I wouldn't have this support here.

I am glad to hear we're getting more people. I bet we do show up better on search results now. For me, I'll still compete hahaha.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I won't go bashing them. I only said one thing at my website and I'll leave it at that. Like Alto said, not good to send them negative energy.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Moderator Emeritus

I've just stumbled on your web site Shanti, is it ok if I link to it on my blog?

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

I agree Shanti - although I've not visited that site I think access to accurate info and openness is critical - it's so easy to condemn ourselves during this time and we don't need others doing it too - I've read snippets from people who have been chastised and banned there - that would really mess with my already fragile state of mind -

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

I've just stumbled on your web site Shanti, is it ok if I link to it on my blog?

Yes, you're more than welcome to.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I agree Shanti - although I've not visited that site I think access to accurate info and openness is critical - it's so easy to condemn ourselves during this time and we don't need others doing it too - I've read snippets from people who have been chastised and banned there - that would really mess with my already fragile state of mind -

Yes, this is a huge sin of omission and it's inexcusable.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I was chastised and banned. It hurt very much. Someone mentioned me as being unhappy about the goings on there in an email and whammy I got banned.

A few members there asked the Administrators if I could come back (I was having a hard time with WD) and I was mentioned in an email which I did not know was written to the former owner of the site.

They said they would 'think about it' and sent me an email and said they did not want me back. The person who wrote the email was banned as well.

I am glad we do not mention names or have any feuds going on. Getting the word out about this site....well I have given my friends the name and asked them to look this up.

Thank goodness I found you :)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

That's very disturbing -

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

See, this is what I mean. That is appalling. Hurtful. Well, I know I just have to send positive energy and thoughts their way and pray everyone does get the help and support they need. I'm glad you found your way here too!

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure where "there" is, but criticizing, chastising, or banning people who are on the rough ride out of antidepressant withdrawal sounds absolutely destructive to me. I'm glad I never stumbled into "there".

I agree 110% that condemning ourselves is all too easy. But, of course, we've been well trained by lamestream medicine and psychiatry that we are in control and whatever damage may occur is due to our own decisions.

Well, let me say it now, loud and clear, HOGWASH!

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

I recently posted a link to an AARP newsletter regarding prescription drugs that can cause depression, and went back to read the article again when a member here pointed out that Effexor had been presented as an alternative pain medicine.

I gave that author-doctor what-for in the comments section, and posted a link to this site. There was a mother who had posted her anguished concerns about a child who had been given antidepressants and who was reacting badly. I felt so sorry for her.

Any doctor who thinks antidepressants are good for anything is suspect, IMO.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

I recently posted a link to an AARP newsletter regarding prescription drugs that can cause depression, and went back to read the article again when a member here pointed out that Effexor had been presented as an alternative pain medicine.

I gave that author-doctor what-for in the comments section, and posted a link to this site. There was a mother who had posted her anguished concerns about a child who had been given antidepressants and who was reacting badly. I felt so sorry for her.

I'm probably going to get nicely roasted and toasted for saying this,but: I am becoming more convinced that the only time antidepressants should be used is when EVERYTHING (whether it be Freud, Jung, Kant or Maslow) else has been tried and failed, and even then, they should be used very gingerly and as little as possible. My problems with antidepressants started because no one had the time to sit down with me and let me vent and spew, IMO. Of course, I lived in a society where asking for help from anybody for anything got you browbeaten. It took me a long time to ask my church for some financial help (especially for mom). I still ask occasionally for help, both spiritually and financially. I just asked for prayer for getting off Viibryd, which the senior pastor didn't know I was having trouble with. I'm probably have to ask for a gift card from one the local grocery chains in order to refill my insulins, syringes, put gas in the car, and recharge time on my cell (through safelike wireless , which didn't recharge automatically at the beginning of the month, due to losing my original phone, and having the replacemt give me problems).

History:

1995--Prozac--Quit CT by GP

1995--Effexor--Quit per my GP

1996--Amitriphene--Quit CT when changed GP

2005--Citalopram and BusPar. Prescribed when I decompensated in my GP's office. GP referred me to behavior health. Psychiatrist prescibed these drugs. Taken off citalopram in 2011 due to FDA warning. Quit Buspar during transition to viibryd.

Viibryd--2011 to present. Had a severe reaction in March 2012. Advised both GP and Psychiatrist I was trying to get off these drugs.

• Administrator

Antidepressants are vastly oversold for pain. CureTogether.com surveys patients about treatments, here are a couple of their studies:

Patients Say Fibromyalgia Drugs Make Things Worse, Rest is Best

Neuropathy Study Results: 800 People Rate 35 Treatments

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I'm seeing a new pain doctor, and he is wanting me to go on Cymbalta for pain. He was annoyed when I refused and took an attitude that it was because I only want narcotics and don't want to try. It is so frustrating. I want to heal my pain without narcotics, and I also don't want antidepresssants. I'll certainly take the narcotics over them any day, even though I don't want them as well.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

Tell him you have a history of hypersensitivity to antidepressants.

Tell him you want a relationship of mutual respect (hint hint) and ask him to get over being annoyed.

• Administrator

Agree 100% with all said -

Robert Whitaker newsletter yesterday had paper from Addiction journal comparing SSRI withdrawal to benzo w/d- BIG statement IMHO -

Don't agree that risk/benefit ratio is better with SSRIs as author states -

It's on Mad in America - sorry if this is a repeat -

Wow, that was interesting seeing her. Her heart is in the right place, but I wish they would not close their minds to alternatives that help people. It's so sad that 5 million people go through that site a month. I'm glad that they are at least getting emotional support there.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

I doubt 5 million people visit per month. Those are hits -- from Google, spiders, bots, spammers, repeat visits, etc. and I wouldn't trust her figures anyway.