Joining CHAADA Children and Adults Against Drugging America

Shanti

What do you say about joining other withdrawal website forums? I was thinking about this because of what I read at Chaada.org:

PLEASE JOIN CHAADA TODAY & GIVE POWER TO YOUR VOICE!

If you disagree with the overmedicating of America for profit or if you, your child, or someone you love has been harmed or pressured into taking any psychotropic drugs, please join today & help the fight! Just by adding your name to our member list, you will have a huge impact on others who are seriously misinformed!

I was thinking of joining several forums just to boost their membership. Maybe copying and pasting my intro from here.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

I don't have the energy to participate in multiple forums, but was thinking of just adding my case to their membership.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Shanti,

This concept was discussed by David Oaks of MindFreedom at the ISEPP conference recently -- how the different groups can work together. I agree that there needs to be a collective effort with a common goal in mind.

I've been involved in efforts to end abuse in certain horse breeds. It sounded like a clear-cut goal when I first got involved. However,I learned that people have very differing views on what constitutes 'abuse' or what is 'natural'. This is not to equate horses with humans.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Administrator

CHAADA seems like a good group. Perhaps you can ask that they include SA in their resources lists?

I'm all in favor of making connections.

I've found most withdrawal forums are kind of territorial. They're afraid their members will be stolen. If we could all be one big forum, I'd be happy to merge. But site owners have different ideas of what they want to do, and different philosophies, some of which are not compatible.

My direction here, for example, is to expose the scientific or medical basis of our problem and get the attention of medicine. Other forum owners don't want to put energy into this.

Bar, I agree, some organization to act as an umbrella would be a great advance. MindFreedom or ISEPP could do it, or another organization. This is hard to do with volunteers. I hope someone does this soon.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Barb. Alto, every forum I go to has a different vibe. I feel we all end up at the best place for our particular consciousness and situation. I don't believe in randomness. "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order." ~ Carl Jung. So I do feel we're all in our own groups because that's how it should be. But like you, I see it's good to link to eachother. I'll ask them about that.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

I've sent many e-mails to other site owners asking how we can work together. I seldom get a response. But let's keep trying, building a network is the way we'll get this thing done.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Whenever I run across a detox center ad I write and ask about their program for discontinuing SSRIs ~ I know the answer but it's fun to plant the seed and get them thinking

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

CHAADA looks like a worthwhile organization. I'm particularly interested in the facts & statistics, and articles. I tried to sign up, but I keep getting a "page not found" error.

I posted a link to this forum to another forum where I participate regularly, called the Simple Living Forum. It's primarily about voluntary downward mobility, but there are quite a few people on the forum who are just vociferous about Big Med and Big Pharma, so I let them know this site is available.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

Thank you, Jemima.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Bumping for attention.