Ryguy

Ryguy: protracted 7 years

Altostrata

Low B12 can cause parathesias. 

What you might be able to do is get 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets and start out by taking a tiny crumb, like a pinhead, every day. Gradually increase until you're taking the whole tablet. I was hypersensitive to B12 and I did this successfully. Just start with a tiny crumb.

Ryguy
19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Low B12 can cause parathesias. 

What you might be able to do is get 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets and start out by taking a tiny crumb, like a pinhead, every day. Gradually increase until you're taking the whole tablet. I was hypersensitive to B12 and I did this successfully. Just start with a tiny crumb.

I’ve tried this several times and the first few days I feel more energy but then my body collapses out of it after a few days. Something is fundamentally wrong with my whole body, I have extreme nerve pain in my elbows and brain right now , I know I need b vitamins but they only work for a few days, plus the tightness in my brain seems more like nerve injury 

Altostrata

You took a tiny crumb for a few days?

If that's your pattern, how about taking a tiny crumb every other day?

Elyssa143

@Ryguy im not a doctor nor a professional but I research and read alot im very interested in nutrition and such and your b12 is low enough to have the symptoms your describing. Theres a great book on Amazon ill find the name. So many people even with high numbers were having the symptoms you describe and recovered with b12. Its definitely something id look into. Its a huge issue in this country. Especially when our guts can absorb it because were missing the intrinsic factor.  Dont make light of your b12 number thats a huge concern. 

Elyssa143

@Altostrata which b12 do you take? Do you recommend any other supplements besides mag and fish oil? do you still take b12 everyday have you noticed a difference.?

Ryguy
58 minutes ago, Elyssa143 said:

@Altostrata which b12 do you take? Do you recommend any other supplements besides mag and fish oil? do you still take b12 everyday have you noticed a difference.?

I don’t take light of it. But I know it’s my nervous system that has been messed up from phmarceuticals and needs to repair before I can take in b vitamins. My intrinsic factor is fine, I did tests for all of it . Once my brain heals maybe I’ll be able to absorb nutrients 

Altostrata
6 hours ago, Elyssa143 said:

As I mentioned earlier, 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets.

As my B12 levels became quite high with regular daily supplementation, I take a tablet a few times a week now. Initially, B12 supplementation made me feel better.

Basically, I take magnesium, fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin D3, and some minerals. It's 15 years since I came off Paxil. I recovered about 5 years ago.

Please see the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for discussions about supplements, etc.

smketdie

@Ryguy I sincerely hope you are doing better. You said in your early passages that you were on Med for 4 years but your signature says 2 years. 

how long did you use them ?

Ryguy
1 hour ago, smketdie said:

@Ryguy I sincerely hope you are doing better. You said in your early passages that you were on Med for 4 years but your signature says 2 years. 

how long did you use them ?

Somewhere between 2-4 . Was on zoloft benzos and more ssris so the time period in my head is scattered, what i know for sure was on zoloft for two years but for four years on and off other stuff , its a blur now i dont know thats the best i can do

Junglechicken

Ryguy,

How are you now?

Can someone take you to a walk-in clinic to get checked out?

Hugs,

JC

Ryguy

Its been about 9 years now for me since i stopped Zoloft, im truly making no progress , in some ways ive gotten worse, its completely ruined my skin beyond repair, im hopeless at this point, i cant walk in a straight line, i have numbness in my body, and severe emotional fluctuations, cant work or make money. My life feels over and i cant find anyone who has endured it as long as i have with these symptoms , i feel like im in the worse camp with this out of anyone ive met 

Altostrata

Please post your status updates in your existing Introductions topic.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:45 AM, Altostrata said:

You took a tiny crumb for a few days?

If that's your pattern, how about taking a tiny crumb every other day?

Did you make any progress with taking vitamin B12?