Ryguy: protracted 7 years

• Administrator

Low B12 can cause parathesias. 

What you might be able to do is get 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets and start out by taking a tiny crumb, like a pinhead, every day. Gradually increase until you're taking the whole tablet. I was hypersensitive to B12 and I did this successfully. Just start with a tiny crumb.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

19 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Low B12 can cause parathesias. 

What you might be able to do is get 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets and start out by taking a tiny crumb, like a pinhead, every day. Gradually increase until you're taking the whole tablet. I was hypersensitive to B12 and I did this successfully. Just start with a tiny crumb.

I’ve tried this several times and the first few days I feel more energy but then my body collapses out of it after a few days. Something is fundamentally wrong with my whole body, I have extreme nerve pain in my elbows and brain right now , I know I need b vitamins but they only work for a few days, plus the tightness in my brain seems more like nerve injury 

• Administrator

You took a tiny crumb for a few days?

If that's your pattern, how about taking a tiny crumb every other day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Ryguy im not a doctor nor a professional but I research and read alot im very interested in nutrition and such and your b12 is low enough to have the symptoms your describing. Theres a great book on Amazon ill find the name. So many people even with high numbers were having the symptoms you describe and recovered with b12. Its definitely something id look into. Its a huge issue in this country. Especially when our guts can absorb it because were missing the intrinsic factor.  Dont make light of your b12 number thats a huge concern. 

13 months on 25 mg of sertraline.

Fast taper in march 2018, reinstated 12.5mg

Cold turkey sertraline april 17,2018

Zyprexa 5mg april 17,2018

Zyprexa taper to lamictal May 4-13 (life threatening rash)

Back on zyprexa 5mg for 10days & tapered over 5 weeks.

21 months off sertraline 

19 months off zyprexa

22 months into withdrawl 

@Altostrata which b12 do you take? Do you recommend any other supplements besides mag and fish oil? do you still take b12 everyday have you noticed a difference.?

13 months on 25 mg of sertraline.

Fast taper in march 2018, reinstated 12.5mg

Cold turkey sertraline april 17,2018

Zyprexa 5mg april 17,2018

Zyprexa taper to lamictal May 4-13 (life threatening rash)

Back on zyprexa 5mg for 10days & tapered over 5 weeks.

21 months off sertraline 

19 months off zyprexa

22 months into withdrawl 

58 minutes ago, Elyssa143 said:

@Altostrata which b12 do you take? Do you recommend any other supplements besides mag and fish oil? do you still take b12 everyday have you noticed a difference.?

I don’t take light of it. But I know it’s my nervous system that has been messed up from phmarceuticals and needs to repair before I can take in b vitamins. My intrinsic factor is fine, I did tests for all of it . Once my brain heals maybe I’ll be able to absorb nutrients 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Elyssa143 said:

As I mentioned earlier, 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets.

As my B12 levels became quite high with regular daily supplementation, I take a tablet a few times a week now. Initially, B12 supplementation made me feel better.

Basically, I take magnesium, fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin D3, and some minerals. It's 15 years since I came off Paxil. I recovered about 5 years ago.

Please see the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for discussions about supplements, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ryguy I sincerely hope you are doing better. You said in your early passages that you were on Med for 4 years but your signature says 2 years. 

how long did you use them ?

(14 years old)2014-2015 {Prozac,ritalin and concerta} 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

2018-sept of 2018 {CT'ed concerta and ritalin.Started Zoloft 50 mg 

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

Supplements: Nothing

1 hour ago, smketdie said:

@Ryguy I sincerely hope you are doing better. You said in your early passages that you were on Med for 4 years but your signature says 2 years. 

how long did you use them ?

Somewhere between 2-4 . Was on zoloft benzos and more ssris so the time period in my head is scattered, what i know for sure was on zoloft for two years but for four years on and off other stuff , its a blur now i dont know thats the best i can do

• 1 month later...

Ryguy,

How are you now?

Can someone take you to a walk-in clinic to get checked out?

Hugs,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 months later...

Its been about 9 years now for me since i stopped Zoloft, im truly making no progress , in some ways ive gotten worse, its completely ruined my skin beyond repair, im hopeless at this point, i cant walk in a straight line, i have numbness in my body, and severe emotional fluctuations, cant work or make money. My life feels over and i cant find anyone who has endured it as long as i have with these symptoms , i feel like im in the worse camp with this out of anyone ive met 

• Administrator

Please post your status updates in your existing Introductions topic.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:45 AM, Altostrata said:

You took a tiny crumb for a few days?

If that's your pattern, how about taking a tiny crumb every other day?

Did you make any progress with taking vitamin B12?

• 2 months later...

10 years still not better

Ive officially lost hope, today i found out exact historical details about how long i took zoloft and how long its taking me to recover , i found out by close investigation into dates and i was only on the drug for 1 year and have been unbearable agony and cant work for 10 years now to the date. If anyone out there has gone through anything remotely similar, please for the love of god let me know, i feel Ive had enough, i would never commit suicide, never, but i feel utterly alone in my story

Edited by Guest
added topic title
  • Administrator

Ryguy, how are you doing?

• Moderator Emeritus

You might find something here.  This is the link to the Scottish Petition.  There are about 225 submissions from people worldwide, some being from medical professionals.

The submissions are concise so, even though it seems like a big task, you should be able to get an idea from the beginning of their submission what their experience with psychiatric drugs was/is.  I have read about 1/3 of them.  It was a while ago and I can't recall any specific cases or anything similar to yours but it wouldn't surprise me if there was.  What I do know from the ones that I read is that there are many people who have had bad experiences, some extremely bad, from psychiatric drugs.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

If you aren't up to reading them use Microsoft Edge browser and click on the PDF and use Read Aloud.  Click on the ellipsis (...) top right of screen and Read Aloud is towards the bottom of the list.

Once the Read Aloud option has been selected you can change the speed and voice.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Ryguy posted an update to a new thread (unsure if we should merge the topic with his intro).

Topic now merged to intro - CC

I agree it would be good to hear an update from you. Have you noticed any improvements, however small?

On 8/9/2020 at 6:49 AM, Ryguy said:

10 years still not better

Ive officially lost hope, today i found out exact historical details about how long i took zoloft and how long its taking me to recover , i found out by close investigation into dates and i was only on the drug for 1 year and have been unbearable agony and cant work for 10 years now to the date. If anyone out there has gone through anything remotely similar, please for the love of god let me know, i feel Ive had enough, i would never commit suicide, never, but i feel utterly alone in my story

Edited by ChessieCat
updated quote

Apr 2018: Began 10 mg Amitriptyline (for headaches & insomnia from concussion).

Jul - Aug 2018: Fast taper to 5 mg and then 2.5 mg (too fast, hellish withdrawal at 2.5 mg). Sept 2018: Reinstated 10 mg (many symptoms improved). Oct 2018 - Apr 2019: Updosed & stabilized on 11 mg (2 waves at 3 and 5 months post-withdrawal). Apr 2019 - Apr 2020: Tapered 0.5-0.25 mg per month using compounded pills: 11 mg —> 6 mg. (2 waves at 12 and 16 months post-withdrawal.) Apr 2020 - present: Switched to a liquid taper at rate of 0.1 mg per month. Currently: 1.1 mg. No more waves. 

Supplements: Omega-3 fish oil, Vit B12, coenzyme Q10, Hawthorn extract (for tachycardia) Tools for insomnia/waves (as needed): Epsom salt foot soaks, 0.5 mg Melatonin, quality time, waves WILL PASS. Lifestyle: Eat real foods, mostly plants; sunlight, walking, yoga; symptom tracking on adapted Glenmullen chart.

17 hours ago, composter said:

Ryguy posted an update to a new thread (unsure if we should merge the topic with his intro).

I agree it would be good to hear an update from you. Have you noticed any improvements, however small?

Ive noticed extremely small improvements i guess you could say but in some ways i feel worse also , its very hard to describe, but knowing its been 10 years really is devastating me. 

On 1/23/2020 at 7:06 AM, Altostrata said:

As I mentioned earlier, 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin tablets.

As my B12 levels became quite high with regular daily supplementation, I take a tablet a few times a week now. Initially, B12 supplementation made me feel better.

Basically, I take magnesium, fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin D3, and some minerals. It's 15 years since I came off Paxil. I recovered about 5 years ago.

Please see the Symptoms and Self-Care forum for discussions about supplements, etc.

15 minus 5 is 10 years that it took you to recover? I thought it was 8 years?? Im on my 10th, would be extremely helpful to know im not alone

Edited by Guest
removed unnecessary quote which was within a quote and link broken
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Ryguy said:

Ive noticed extremely small improvements i guess you could say but in some ways i feel worse also , its very hard to describe, but knowing its been 10 years really is devastating me. 

In what ways do you feel better and worse?

It took me 11 years to recover.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, Ryguy said:

but in some ways i feel worse also , its very hard to describe, but knowing its been 10 years really is devastating me. 

"Battle weary" comes to mind.

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

In what ways do you feel better and worse?

It took me 11 years to recover.

I watched a video of you on youtube where you said it took you 8 years which is what confused me , it was a protest psychiatry video....

the ways i feel worse are my skin issues and gut issues , also some nerve pain in back and head , also the horrible things ive said when experiencing rage, to family members and friends are truly irreparable i feel 

better—- akathisia is better, anger is on and off, joint pain is better to some degree, sleep is deeper 

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

"Battle weary" comes to mind.

Yes very true 

• Administrator

At 8 years, I was not yet recovered.

also the horrible things ive said when experiencing rage, to family members and friends are truly irreparable i feel 

This is not a withdrawal symptom, it's your psychological reaction. You can explore it and work through it with a therapist.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:24 PM, Altostrata said:

At 8 years, I was not yet recovered.

This is not a withdrawal symptom, it's your psychological reaction. You can explore it and work through it with a therapist.

thanks so much for responding, I'm happy you exist. 

• Administrator

You're welcome. Working on that self-blame will help you feel better.

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Ryguy, I have a question for you:

On 8/8/2020 at 1:49 PM, Ryguy said:

... i found out exact historical details about how long i took zoloft and how long its taking me to recover , i found out by close investigation into dates and i was only on the drug for 1 year....

You were on Zoloft for 1 year but you took other psychiatric drugs before and after? Why do you think it was going off Zoloft that caused your PAWS? Is that when your symptoms started? When did your withdrawal symptoms start (approximate month and year).

Did you ever get anywhere in taking vitamin B12?

15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Ryguy, I have a question for you:

You were on Zoloft for 1 year but you took other psychiatric drugs before and after? Why do you think it was going off Zoloft that caused your PAWS? Is that when your symptoms started? When did your withdrawal symptoms start (approximate month and year).

Did you ever get anywhere in taking vitamin B12?

I took zoloft for somewhere in between 1-2 years, i took xanax periodically during that time but it was the second i came off zoloft that my withdrawal began and it has gotten worse year and after year, the akathisia and acne is what hasnt stopped since and digestion problems and erectile dysfunction , those 4 have gotten worse over 10 years, also numbness everywhere....im certain it was zoloft , 100 percent. The b12 helps for the first 1 hour after i take it then the next day it does nothing so i just stopped, plus if i take it for too many days in a row it almost has the opposite effect, my level the last time i checked was like 219 and the standard was 750 , its bordering on deficient 

• Administrator

If I were you, I'd take a tiny crumb of vitamin B12 every day. Don't expect significant effects. Let it gradually build up. You need vitamin B12 to heal your nervous system.

The approx month and year was 10 years ago , about two weeks after coming off zoloft, 2010 , maybe around may or june. I took other stuff before not after zoloft, i wantes to get rid of the erectile issues but then went back on zoloft when my body freaked out, and that part of my body hasnt worked since i came off zoloft cold turkey. Im still in shock til this day what this withdrawal has done to my skin, its aged me 25 years...i cant believe my life currently, havent worked in 4 years now

24 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

If I were you, I'd take a tiny crumb of vitamin B12 every day. Don't expect significant effects. Let it gradually build up. You need vitamin B12 to heal your nervous system.

ok i will do that, i have nothing to lose at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked your zinc levels? It's depleted by stress and can cause acne, mood, and various health problems. There's a quick zinc status test (zinc sulfate) available online

1997-2019 Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Serzone, Wellbutrin, Amitryptiline, Mirtazapine, Lexapro (mostly, 10-20mg)

Jan 16-Feb 2019 Fast tapered Lexapro after spontaneous kundalini syndrome 

Feb-Jul Used various herbs to deal with severe anxiety (bacopa, gotu kola)

Sept 2019 Developed histamine intolerance and daily panic

Currently taking high DHA fish oil, magnesium.  Occasionally l-ornithine, l-lysine, l-glycine, melatonin for sleep.  Dayvigo for sleep, and l-thp or seroquel (haven't settled on dose) for sleep when in sleep deprivation crisis

7 hours ago, lucidity said:

Have you checked your zinc levels? It's depleted by stress and can cause acne, mood, and various health problems. There's a quick zinc status test (zinc sulfate) available online

I doubt it, my whole digestion is messed up, ive done supplements, ive done exercise etc, i have extreme brain damage because i cant smell anything , constant skin eruptions, numbness in body , akathisia etc...no way its the result of a single nutrient, theres this weird nerve pinched in my head and neck also, i wish i had the answer to all this stuff, but ive waited 10 years, waiting any longer is easy for me at this point in life haha

Oh I'm not saying it'll fix everything, but it may offer some benefits

1997-2019 Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Effexor, Serzone, Wellbutrin, Amitryptiline, Mirtazapine, Lexapro (mostly, 10-20mg)

Currently taking high DHA fish oil, magnesium.  Occasionally l-ornithine, l-lysine, l-glycine, melatonin for sleep.  Dayvigo for sleep, and l-thp or seroquel (haven't settled on dose) for sleep when in sleep deprivation crisis

Zinc deficiency can also cause changes in smell & taste, including the diminished ability to smell.  IMO It's worth testing, anyway.  Many who aren't otherwise ill are zinc deficient

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/3/2020 at 8:39 AM, Ryguy said:

because i cant smell anything

When did this start?

5htp

Is it bad to take 5htp even if it makes me feel a lot better...ive heard horror stories about pssd from it and bad side effects when taken long term but i took it for a few days and it actually really HELPED my pssd and sleep....not sure what to do here....

Edited by Guest