Jump to content
Longroadhome

Longroadhome: think I may be tapering Seroxat / Paxil too fast

Recommended Posts

Longroadhome
4 hours ago, Sassenach said:

 

Guess you never went out in a miniskirt then😀. Behave yourself Sass you will have a heart attack!

Trunks and yesterday, that's me.

R is having a really tough time not helped by other half who is a GP.

Archbishop Holgates Grammar School, did moderately well but not good enough for my mum.

Driving. About two years ago my eyes started to tire very quickly when driving. Tested twice by optician and photographed, physically they are good.

Realised since WD started  they got much worse very quickly accompanied by  lack of balance and nausea.

Also had poor spatial awareness for a while, not great towing 8 metres of caravan, this has improved.

I am hoping the rest will follow ASAP, really need to get down to York to see my parents.

As for the best friend I keep looking, even picked the phone up to enquire once but did not do so.

As with you and Georgie it is sometimes better to wait until circumstances bring you together.

My dad rescued his last GSD when two farmer's sons were going to shoot him for fun.

He was on their land but no stock around and he was just lost and frightened.

My dad told the police and RSPCA but noone ever claimed him.

So he was spoiled rotten for the next twelve years.

Your pics are in the post ie. your inbox, or should be.

Sassenach. Chessie is right. I am english and living in Scotland. There is now a somewhat derogatory side to the word now.

But, I don't care what they think😈

About any meet with Anna. You said before you could cope but you have had a rough time since then.

I know you are tough but please be careful.

We actually live in a small village and they were welcoming when we arrived and are great neighbours.

Answered in a nutshell, no nutjobs here derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

Sass

Yes go on then remind me I was young once !

notice there’s a theme running through your threads 

“cooking not good enough for wife” 

“school work not good enough for mum “ ?

i know your English and came from York such a lovely place so now I understand the name sassenash

you’re  a family of dog lovers. Your dad liked Sheps then;  the  dog dropped lucky that day .  I always think if someone’s good to animals they’re  a pretty good person 

 Thank you for sending the pics the dogs look lovely so similar in colour I especially like the photo of the one  on top of the hay how did she get up there !  You need to have that photo enlarged for your wall. They look very content dogs all down to a loving home.

anna hasn’t answered I’ll leave it a couple of days before contacting again .

i think the anxiety and depression is down to another phase in my wd. It’s gradually increased recently and is there all the time and very intense. I’m trying to accept it and get on with my day . Brass monkey said it can come on without  rhyme or reason and we have to get on with the day as best we can so that’s what I’m doing

Sas have you been in wd for two years ? 

I’m  being lazy and not looking at your original post why did you start on meds and when did you start your taper ?

Well Keith Lemons just come on the tv so it’s time for bed ;) 

nite nite sass  

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

🙄You are going to bed with Keith lemon I thought you had taste

Sleep tight

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

I’d rather stick needles in my eyes can’t stand him 

you ok Sass? 

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

Hi LRH

 

If the theme is diappointing the ladies in my life, you may be right, in more ways than you know😀

He jumped on top of the bale, he was an agility dog so a 6ft scale was easy work.

I do have that pic in my office along with an action shot of him at the scottish dog olympics, he got a first in veteran at 11 years old.

I don't know what your weather has been like but up here it has been cold and rain and if the sun did come out there has been a cold gale.

Wonder if SAD could be some of it. Didn't really believe in all these syndromes and disorders but not sure anymore.

Have not even got close to stabilised yet, so no taper.

Your favourite nutshell.

1983 botched gall bladder op. First time I was ill in my life. Had to give me blood which we found out almost 20 years later was infected.

Virus was dormant for all that time ( had no idea that was possible ) Luckily was only the least worst possible infection but it pretty much left me useless.

Reacted badly to everything they tried, Ihad  even like taking anadol for headaches as it made me nauseous.

Eventually there was only one left which had been linked to two deaths, so I was prescribed Ecitalopram as a precaution.

Talk about the cure being worse than the illness.😭

Think I may spend a bit less time on here for a while but would like to keep in touch with you, you are a tonic, gin extra.

 

Look after yourself and all the best to Paul and the Kids.

Nearly forgot, hope Sunday goes well.

 

Sass

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

A first at the Scottish olympics age 11 that’s so good I bet you was one proud owner. Collies are such clever energetic dogs. 

Weather has been vet interchangeable sun one day rain all day the next fire on and off  and it’s june for goodness sake !! 

Not  sure about SAD however reading threads on SA some people do benefit from the use of lamps so it’s worth a try. Starting to believe there is something in syndromes and disorders and association with wd. I’ve just had an MRI scan on my elbow and hip because of pain and have bursitis which can be brought on by an autoimmune disease I also have dry eyes and corners of mouth which again can be an autoimmune disease. All these started in wd  so to me they have to associated. 

You don’t  talk about yr wd symptoms Sas are yours more physical?

Is the virus still in your system and affecting you ? That must have been scary.  So many things years ago that were spread through blood transfusions. 

I’m  partial to a G&T  but alas along with every other good thing (including a sense of humour)  wd has sent it packing. 

Do keep in touch Sas . 

Pauls CT scan is on Saturday . 

Millie flew off to Spain last night along with her eyelashes and was last heard of sitting round hotel pool with cocktails 🍹weather 28*

take care :) don’t desert us for too long remember you have a following !!  

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

Hi You

 

Dog Olympics, I just stood there and did a lot of shouting.

Bursitis , sorry to hear that, you may have to give the gym a miss or at least take it easy.

Have they diagnosed it as chronic?

I hear what you say about how you are currently feeling but you seem to dismiss the stress of the last few weeks.

It's great to be strong but not unrealistic ( how dare I )😁

You are looking after everyone else, you know what comes next blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used to think I was bad, always had to be doing something or I was just wasting time.

We are not as young as we used to be. Won't write anymore cos you are probably seething now😈

The virus will always be in my body which means that I would not get a liver transplant even if i need it.

The new liver would be quickly infected. Thank the lord for the consultant who got me through the initial phase and has looked after me ever since.

She is one of the most caring and pragmatic people I have ever known. Wish the GPs were the same.

There is nothing wrong with your sense of humour, at least I hope not or I could be in big trouble.

There are only two people on my notifications now and I enjoy talking to you.

So you are not getting rid of me so easily.

Good luck to Paul on Saturday, don't envy Millie too much.

To use good ole yorkshire speak " I bet you were a bugger when you were younger". Is that a backhanded compliment. Or not😈

 

Sass

 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

Hi Sas I will answer your thread tomorrow just posting my update for this month really busy  due to open day at nursery today 

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

Update for June

Poop out started 10 months ago

Tapering started 8 months ago

Held at 8.4mg Paxil from Feb to now

Decreased pregabalin to 2 x 25mg per day

 

Symptoms this Month

Still no sense of humour ... (sorry can’t help myself) 

anxiety bad

depression bad 

tinnitus bad

cant control body temp overheating really hot face

night sweats ( no this is not menopause that happened years ago ) 

dry eyes not bad

blurry vision not bad

agitation bad

ruminating thoughts bad

body tremor 

pain in hip bad

pain and burning in toes 

palpitations

pins and needles mainly in hands but not bad

some symptoms I can’t think of right now to add

 This month has been pretty bad but I have had things happening in my life that could have contributed to an increase in my symptoms. 

My symptoms in wd are constantly changing they come they go they return they get better they get worse . 

I have also had an MRI scan on my hip and elbow and have been found to have bursitis. This can be caused by an auto immune problem so I’m putting it down to wd the same as my dry eyes and dry corners of mouth. All started in wd. 

 

Things that help

Gym ; however I have had to stop for now due to bursitis (asabove) but I’m starting Yoga/body balance  as cant do nothing that’s so not me!!  

Walking  Georgie my dog 🐕 

Keep busy at work as this allows me to forget how I’m feeling from time to time 

Pugs success story . For sure this helps I read it once a week as a treat of what’s to come ... my recovery!! 

Accepting my symptoms however bad And having a deep belief I will recover. 

Learning to face tomorrow and be unafraid 

Keeping a diary logging how I feel day to day and rating it on a scale of 1 to 10 . This helps me see that actually some days are slightly better than others even if I don’t think so at the time

Give myself daily goals to achieve. I write them down and tick them off once accomplished. For instance making phone calls that I’ve put off or weeding the garden or going shopping . Yes these sound small but when you have a day of overwhelming depression they are BIG

That tick ✔️ Can  make all the difference to my day

 

Things that don’t help 

Time alone as my thoughts bring instant anxiety if I’m low and then it becomes a vicious circle I can’t get out of for the rest of the day 

Giving myself excuses not to do things and go places as I always feel worse for “not having done them”

 

and to end .. 

ive started putting positive words of encouragement in my diary to keep me going and motivated 

this months is: 

 

“Don’t watch the clock. Do what it does and keep going”

 

 Good luck on your journey everyone I think of you all every day as we take our steps together ..

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

Hello, LRH.

 

I see some symptoms have gotten better. Which symptoms have gotten worse? Do they occur at any particular times of day?

 

Please post your daily notes with time of day you take your drugs and your symptoms, in this format:

 

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
16 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, LRH.

 

I see some symptoms have gotten better. Which symptoms have gotten worse? Do they occur at any particular times of day?

 

Please post your daily notes with time of day you take your drugs and your symptoms, in this format:

 

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Hello Alto how are you ? 

Ive had a bad month but could be as follows:

1. Big problems with the manager at nursery who works for me. Things were very bad last month but they have settled as of last week .

2. My partner has been very poorly . This also started last month and is undergoing tests to see what the problem is

3. I cut down on my pregabalin from 3 x 25mg a day to 2 x 25mg per day on 13th May

4. Had a small steroid injection in my nose to combat swelling after surgery a year ago. This was carried out Tuesday 14th May . Didn’t realise this was a no no in wd until I read afterwards. 

5.  I had been taking a minuscule amount lower of my seroxat due to getting the right measurement from 8.5mg to 8.4mg from 13th June 

daily notes as follows for 2days 

Friday 7th june

woke on and off from 4:30am onwards 

6.30am awake cortisol spike petered out after a few minutes . Pain in feet and hip. 

7:30am 8.4mg seroxat 35mg pregabalin 

8am work anxiety and depression high 

9am breakfast anxiety and depression a little better due to keeping busy. 100mg magnesium

10am at work but horrible guilty thoughts taking over my head . 

11am feeling a little calmer 

1pm lunch anxiety and depression there but manageable  100mg magnesium 

3pm left work walked my dog. Pain in body improved during morning 

5pm preparing dinner for a friend feel very flat 

7pm picked up a little anxiety and depression manageable 25mg pregabalin 

11pm bed

 

saturday 8th June 

awake from 5:15am cortisol spike and feeling low

7:30am got up anxiety present 

9:30am gym pain in body especially toes

10am home 8.4mg seroxat 25mg pregabalin symptoms of depression and anxiety manageable 

11am work have an open day very busy took my mind off me but bad pain in legs

1pm coffee break at costa decaf (naturally )1:30pm lunch 100mg magnesium feeling low but manageable 

5pm walked Georgie foot pain very bad burning feels like frost bite very strange 

7pm stayed st my partners forgot to take pregabalin (this does happen once or twice a week ) 

9pm nodding off on setter anxiety and depression ease off of an evening 

 

I’m  finding symptoms come and go, get better, then worse or lessen. subside. Is this normal ? 

My hip pain has been diagnosed from an MRI scan as Bursitis ( also have in elbow never had either before wd) have you heard of others having this during wd? 

Also have very dry eyes and corners of mouth again came on with wd 

both the bursitis and dry eyes can be part of an autoimmune problem is this common in wd? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
Just now, Longroadhome said:

Hello Alto how are you ? 

Ive had a bad month but could be as follows:

1. Big problems with the manager at nursery who works for me. Things were very bad last month but they have settled as of last week .

2. My partner has been very poorly . This also started last month and is undergoing tests to see what the problem is

3. I cut down on my pregabalin from 3 x 25mg a day to 2 x 25mg per day on 13th May

4. Had a small steroid injection in my nose to combat swelling after surgery a year ago. This was carried out Tuesday 14th May . Didn’t realise this was a no no in wd until I read afterwards. 

5.  I had been taking a minuscule amount lower of my seroxat due to getting the right measurement from 8.5mg to 8.4mg from 13th June 

daily notes as follows for 2days 

Friday 7th june

woke on and off from 4:30am onwards 

6.30am awake cortisol spike petered out after a few minutes . Pain in feet and hip. 

7:30am 8.4mg seroxat 35mg pregabalin 

8am work anxiety and depression high 

9am breakfast anxiety and depression a little better due to keeping busy. 100mg magnesium

10am at work but horrible guilty thoughts taking over my head . 

11am feeling a little calmer 

1pm lunch anxiety and depression there but manageable  100mg magnesium 

3pm left work walked my dog. Pain in body improved during morning 

5pm preparing dinner for a friend feel very flat 

7pm picked up a little anxiety and depression manageable 25mg pregabalin 

11pm bed

 

saturday 8th June 

awake from 5:15am cortisol spike and feeling low

7:30am got up anxiety present 

9:30am gym pain in body especially toes

10am home 8.4mg seroxat 25mg pregabalin symptoms of depression and anxiety manageable 

11am work have an open day very busy took my mind off me but bad pain in legs

1pm coffee break at costa decaf (naturally )1:30pm lunch 100mg magnesium feeling low but manageable 

5pm walked Georgie foot pain very bad burning feels like frost bite very strange 

7pm stayed st my partners forgot to take pregabalin (this does happen once or twice a week ) 

9pm nodding off on setter anxiety and depression ease off of an evening 

 

I’m  finding symptoms come and go, get better, then worse or lessen. subside. Is this normal ? 

My hip pain has been diagnosed from an MRI scan as Bursitis ( also have in elbow never had either before wd) have you heard of others having this during wd? 

Also have very dry eyes and corners of mouth again came on with wd 

both the bursitis and dry eyes can be part of an autoimmune problem is this common in wd? 

 

Thank you Alto for starting this site I don’t know where I’d be without your support . 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
1 hour ago, Longroadhome said:

Thank you Alto for starting this site I don’t know where I’d be without your support . 

Anxiety and depression have got worse . However last two days they have subsided somewhat . But this seems to be a pattern with my symptoms as I said they come they go or subside for a while then they may come back just as bad and this seems to be the case this month with anxiety and depression. 

My dry eyes have improved this month they were really bad last month and not too bad the month previous. Every few weeks i appear to get a reprieve before they go very dry again . 

My headaches have disappeared the last two months and haven’t returned up to now .

It sounds like windows and waves but I’m sceptical as symptoms are not all bad or all good they vary. Anxiety and depression could be bad one month  while dry eyes have improved however a new symptom has appeared during the month too that’s bad like the painful toes and pain in body so you see it’s very mixed. 

Is all of this common in wd? 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
On 6/6/2019 at 5:13 PM, Sassenach said:

Hi You

 

Dog Olympics, I just stood there and did a lot of shouting.

Bursitis , sorry to hear that, you may have to give the gym a miss or at least take it easy.

Have they diagnosed it as chronic?

I hear what you say about how you are currently feeling but you seem to dismiss the stress of the last few weeks.

It's great to be strong but not unrealistic ( how dare I )😁

You are looking after everyone else, you know what comes next blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used to think I was bad, always had to be doing something or I was just wasting time.

We are not as young as we used to be. Won't write anymore cos you are probably seething now😈

The virus will always be in my body which means that I would not get a liver transplant even if i need it.

The new liver would be quickly infected. Thank the lord for the consultant who got me through the initial phase and has looked after me ever since.

She is one of the most caring and pragmatic people I have ever known. Wish the GPs were the same.

There is nothing wrong with your sense of humour, at least I hope not or I could be in big trouble.

There are only two people on my notifications now and I enjoy talking to you.

So you are not getting rid of me so easily.

Good luck to Paul on Saturday, don't envy Millie too much.

To use good ole yorkshire speak " I bet you were a bugger when you were younger". Is that a backhanded compliment. Or not😈

 

Sass

 

Hi Sas

You must have trained him. Very well by the sound of it !

bursitis in arm is chronic as it’s been there for a while .

cant take steroids for it so may look at acupuncture. 

I have dismissed the stress of last few weeks but you’re right think it’s definately  a contributory factor . But I do think judging by my observations and diary since this started that a large part of symptoms and their comings and goings ups and downs better and worse is all par for the course. In other words it happens regardless and is all part of wd. 

Yes how very dare you Sas .. We can’t save the world can we .. 

its so good to have a consultant you believe in. It makes all the difference to an illness and recovery. We put so much trust in them so it’s good that she continues your care. 

As you say wish our gps were more understanding . If only I hadn’t just accepted “it’s your hormones” and continued taking SSRIs for the next 15 years .. but I did and let’s face it I’m a little responsible too for not questioning it.

so Sas whose my competition??? :) 

paul had his CAT scan now we just need results from that and biopsies . Fingers crossed. 

Millie “ the eyelash” continues to post photos of hot weather gorgeous blue skies cocktails 🍹 and partying escapades say no more!

i was a bugger ! Working class background  didn’t do well at school, but made up for it later . All kind of dead end jobs until the husband and I knocked heads one day he was looking to start a business and id  just finished a BTEC in Childcare and BINGO the nursery idea was born. August 2001 we opened and the rest they say is history.

 

I know you’re not having a good run at the moment but hold fire it will pass it always does it’s another phase of recovery and we have no choice but to go through it .

If you need to talk then talk I’m here . Ain’t going nowhere anytime soon :( !!!!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

LRH, it appears you're taking your drugs on a schedule that varies several hours a day. This could cause symptoms.

 

Please choose regular times to take your drugs, take notes around a consistent drug schedule. It's important for us to see a baseline.

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

LRH, it appears you're taking your drugs on a schedule that varies several hours a day. This could cause symptoms.

 

Please choose regular times to take your drugs, take notes around a consistent drug schedule. It's important for us to see a baseline.

My depression and anxiety did get worse over the last two weeks however this week they have subsided somewhat . But this seems to be a pattern with my symptoms they come they go they get worse or better  less severe and so on . My dry eyes have improved this month however last month they were bad but the month previous they were not too bad. Every few weeks I seem to get a reprieve before they go dry again . My headaches have disappeared the last couple of months and have not returned up to now. 

It sounds like windows and waves but I’m sceptical as symptoms are not all bad or all good, they vary. Anxiety and depression could be bad one month while dry eyes have improved however a new symptom has appeared during the month too that’s bad like the painful toes and pain in different parts of my body so you see it's very mixed

is this normal in wd? 

thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

I can't answer your questions while you're taking these drugs on an irregular schedule. You may be getting breakthrough withdrawal or drug-drug interactions that vary from day to day because you're taking the drugs so haphazardly.

 

When you figure it out, please post your consistent drug schedule here -- the schedule you will keep every single day -- with your daily symptoms in this format:

 

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

Does anyone have Bursitis that has been brought on by wd?

basically I have been having pain in my hip for about 5 months . Having had an MRI scan I have been told it is the above . I’ve never had it before it’s only come on in wd . And it can be an autoimmune condition . 

Aldo I don’t t want steroid injections so if anyone has had this problem how was it treated ? 

i would  be grateful for any replies :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

Well that's you told🤣

There is no competition, no-one is that desperate.

When does Paul get his results, sometimes think the waiting is the hard part.

Serious question. Do you get the brain fog that interrupts thought processes. If you do, how do you manage at work?

I had to order a radiator today and have always been good at mental calculation.

I kept getting to the same point of calculation, the bracket offset to ensure the new one would locate in the same place. My mind went black 3/4 times.

Eventually had to draw it out and still had to use a calculator for 1155mm - 450mm. I know I am no genius but I feel thick. No comment thank you😅

How did the open day go, lots of new customers?

Archie is superb. Did you ever show him? Lovely bone and a back end that breeders today can only hope for.

They have completely ruined a classic breed with roach backed german imports and rear legs so over-angulated they are crippled by 5 years old.

I have found more pics of Danny which were lost in the cloud during an update.

Do you want to see them or are you all GSDed out?

Sorry been slow responding but quite a bit going on, really didn't need the damned radiator problem.

Reckon you are jealous of Millie. You wish you were in the sun.😈

Thanks for the pics and Alto has a point.

Have you tried setting your phone alarm to remind you?

Be good to yourself.

 

Hugs

Sass

 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
2 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Well that's you told🤣

There is no competition, no-one is that desperate.

When does Paul get his results, sometimes think the waiting is the hard part.

Serious question. Do you get the brain fog that interrupts thought processes. If you do, how do you manage at work?

I had to order a radiator today and have always been good at mental calculation.

I kept getting to the same point of calculation, the bracket offset to ensure the new one would locate in the same place. My mind went black 3/4 times.

Eventually had to draw it out and still had to use a calculator for 1155mm - 450mm. I know I am no genius but I feel thick. No comment thank you😅

How did the open day go, lots of new customers?

Archie is superb. Did you ever show him? Lovely bone and a back end that breeders today can only hope for.

They have completely ruined a classic breed with roach backed german imports and rear legs so over-angulated they are crippled by 5 years old.

I have found more pics of Danny which were lost in the cloud during an update.

Do you want to see them or are you all GSDed out?

Sorry been slow responding but quite a bit going on, really didn't need the damned radiator problem.

Reckon you are jealous of Millie. You wish you were in the sun.😈

Thanks for the pics and Alto has a point.

Have you tried setting your phone alarm to remind you?

Be good to yourself.

 

Hugs

Sass

 

Ok I’m laughing at yr first sentence !!!

in cinema at the moment reply tomorrow great to hear from you  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

Thank you chessie :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
On 6/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, Altostrata said:

I can't answer your questions while you're taking these drugs on an irregular schedule. You may be getting breakthrough withdrawal or drug-drug interactions that vary from day to day because you're taking the drugs so haphazardly.

 

When you figure it out, please post your consistent drug schedule here -- the schedule you will keep every single day -- with your daily symptoms in this format:

 

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Thank you Alto 

I will stick to same times morning and evening  with pregabalin. I do get what you’re  saying. 

Hopefully things will settle I’ll give it a few weeks being methodical ( for a change ..) see how I go and post if I need to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
22 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Well that's you told🤣

There is no competition, no-one is that desperate.

When does Paul get his results, sometimes think the waiting is the hard part.

Serious question. Do you get the brain fog that interrupts thought processes. If you do, how do you manage at work?

I had to order a radiator today and have always been good at mental calculation.

I kept getting to the same point of calculation, the bracket offset to ensure the new one would locate in the same place. My mind went black 3/4 times.

Eventually had to draw it out and still had to use a calculator for 1155mm - 450mm. I know I am no genius but I feel thick. No comment thank you😅

How did the open day go, lots of new customers?

Archie is superb. Did you ever show him? Lovely bone and a back end that breeders today can only hope for.

They have completely ruined a classic breed with roach backed german imports and rear legs so over-angulated they are crippled by 5 years old.

I have found more pics of Danny which were lost in the cloud during an update.

Do you want to see them or are you all GSDed out?

Sorry been slow responding but quite a bit going on, really didn't need the damned radiator problem.

Reckon you are jealous of Millie. You wish you were in the sun.😈

Thanks for the pics and Alto has a point.

Have you tried setting your phone alarm to remind you?

Be good to yourself.

 

Hugs

Sass

 

Hi Sas 

dont know when Paul gets his results he’s not going to ask (think too afraid) but maybe good sign he hasn’t had biopsy results yet and that was from nearly 4 weeks ago. Think CAT scan takes 3-4 weeks for results so don’t expect them yet,  in the meantime he’s still not right. 

Yes I get brain fog but do you know I’ve had this ever since going on Paxil 15 years ago and I put it down to my age and menopause. Didn’t connect it could be my tablet that was doing it. It’s still there because of wd and the way it affects me at work is I can’t finish sentences, I get a mental block when I’m on the computer and completely forget what I’m meant to be doing and have to ask, a parent can give me a message that I won’t pass on not just because I’ve forgotten but I can’t even remember the conversation . When I look back I realise this had got much worse over the last year or two . 

How do I cope .... now where was I ? 😕 oh dear

i have a pad beside me and write everything down. I try not to get hung up about it as to be honest it’s been going on that long I think I’m used to it . ‘Tis embarrassing though when a parent comes in to remind me of something they’d said the week before and I can’t for the life of me think what they’re on about . 

I really feel now I’m going through the process of wd I’m going to have to wait and see if everything goes away when I recover fully and take it from there. 

Open day went well except for the weather thank you . Have three parents that have booked places so that’s good considering it was torrential rain all day long.

Archie was indeed superb and such a gentle soul considering he was huge . He had a bear head. His dad won competitions but he wasn’t a patch on my boy. No we never showed him but the positive comments we had while walking him made us really proud . Couldnt bear to look at his photos for about two years after he passed. My husband and I were in Singapore on holiday when we got the news and we couldn’t continue our holiday we got a flight home . He was so tuned into us it was uncanny. 

I totally  agree with your comment they have ruined a classic breed and they often suffer with displasia to the back legs as a result of breeding methods . It’s cruel. 

Yes I’d love to see pictures of Danny boy please. Over dosing on GS”s NEVER! 

Yes I may be a tad jealous of Mill having fun in the sun without a worry or care in the world oh to be 19 again with the knowledge I have now ...!! I was sooooooo shy then and insecure 

Are you Altos infill while she’s off line ...!!! Yes I will try setting alarm on phone and hopefully get into a routine it’s just I can’t stand taking the damn things only took them to help with wd and now I’m stuck on them grrrr 

Film MA was dire 

You ok Sas ? Big hugs back at you 

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

Hi LRH

 

I am by nature impatient and when I was first ill kept demanding answers from Doc Jones , the consultant. She would tell me she should not comment until she was sure of results and I told her I had a right to know what was going on and wanted her opinions before they became facts. I knew her reputation and ability and trusted her completely from the start.

When she got the final diagnosis she told us immediately and also informed me I would be lucky to work again and could definitely not cope with the 12/13 hour days at the caravan park.

I guess what I am trying to say is for me knowing was essential. Good or bad I had to deal with it and get on with life.

It must be difficult for all of you after his wife's death but the NHS is fallible and no news is not always good news.

I just hope the news is good at whatever point it is.

Sounds as though the cog fog is taking the same path. I used to get it when I was on the full dose of Escitalopram but it was more transitory, now it can be up and down all day sometimes.

I know what you mean about notes, Ann reckons I decorate the house with post-its, and then forget where I stuck them, no rude replies required🤣

Are you sure it was three parents?😈

I would hate to lose a dog when I was away. I can understand why you came home.

Gsd's tend to attach themselves more to one person than another as do collies, probably to do with intelligence. Did Archie treat you both equally?

1 hour ago, Longroadhome said:

sooooooo shy then and insecure 

Yeaaaaaaaaa right oh a flying pig🐷

I get you are stuck on them but won't be in due course. If you have to take them might as well get the benifit ( I have had 3 goes at spelling this so decode please )

OK now got to show how out of touch I am. What is MA film?

and not let them affect your recovery.

 

1 hour ago, Longroadhome said:

Are you Altos infill

I would't dare.

Love to all especially Georgie, she's a GSD in disguise☺️

 

Sass

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
22 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Hi LRH

 

I am by nature impatient and when I was first ill kept demanding answers from Doc Jones , the consultant. She would tell me she should not comment until she was sure of results and I told her I had a right to know what was going on and wanted her opinions before they became facts. I knew her reputation and ability and trusted her completely from the start.

When she got the final diagnosis she told us immediately and also informed me I would be lucky to work again and could definitely not cope with the 12/13 hour days at the caravan park.

I guess what I am trying to say is for me knowing was essential. Good or bad I had to deal with it and get on with life.

It must be difficult for all of you after his wife's death but the NHS is fallible and no news is not always good news.

I just hope the news is good at whatever point it is.

Sounds as though the cog fog is taking the same path. I used to get it when I was on the full dose of Escitalopram but it was more transitory, now it can be up and down all day sometimes.

I know what you mean about notes, Ann reckons I decorate the house with post-its, and then forget where I stuck them, no rude replies required🤣

Are you sure it was three parents?😈

I would hate to lose a dog when I was away. I can understand why you came home.

Gsd's tend to attach themselves more to one person than another as do collies, probably to do with intelligence. Did Archie treat you both equally?

Yeaaaaaaaaa right oh a flying pig🐷

I get you are stuck on them but won't be in due course. If you have to take them might as well get the benifit ( I have had 3 goes at spelling this so decode please )

OK now got to show how out of touch I am. What is MA film?

and not let them affect your recovery.

 

I would't dare.

Love to all especially Georgie, she's a GSD in disguise☺️

 

Sass

I hear what your saying and personally if it were me I’d also have to know and I keep pressing him

but getting nowhere. 

How does your condition affect your quality of life ? 

 The NHS is fallable my sister was a ward nurse and now works for a Hospice in a management role and my daughter is an Occupational Therapist and I know how it works . Basically they are always working in the red and this ultimately reflects on the care we receive. I think the time has come to contribute towards our medical care so that we have more say and a better service . 

Stick you post its ... well now there’s nothing wrong with my imagination !

we both treated Archie the same and both walked him fed him played with him so he was just as attached to both of us . 

I’ll  continue with the pregabalin for now as it’s a very low dose.  

MA is the name of the film I went to see and I’d give it a 2 out of 10. And it only gets a 2 because I kept watching thinking 🤔 “this is sooooooo bad it has to get better at some point” 

It didn’t.  

Just walked nut job she’s out for the count on her bed flaked. 

Take care Sas 😊

Re: spelling. Brain fogs coming along nicely Sas 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach
59 minutes ago, Longroadhome said:

Stick you post its ... well now there’s nothing wrong with my imagination !

Really not sure how to take this🤣

1 hour ago, Longroadhome said:

How does your condition affect your quality of life ?

What quality of life, I am a grumpy old man, retired so have nothing to do all day, except fit radiators, repair my chainsaw, service neighbours power tools

( never offer😠), cut grass ( hate gardening ), got time on my hands ha-ha so can do shopping ( hate shopping), can't sit outside in the sun and have a glass of malt because it's ******ing down and the consultant says it's bad for my liver, where does she get that idea? Oh forgot George Best.

The serious answer is that when I finally get through this WD I think I could actually be better than for a long time.

I have certainly felt that, during the few really good windows I have had. There is also the possibility that the fact I am on only half the original dose, and have been off the morphine patches for six months means my liver is coping better.

So I am hoping for the best. In the meantime I have my ray of Birmingham sunshine to brighten my day.😎

Bet you wonder what I want😈

Later

 

Sass

 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
1 hour ago, Sassenach said:

Really not sure how to take this🤣

What quality of life, I am a grumpy old man, retired so have nothing to do all day, except fit radiators, repair my chainsaw, service neighbours power tools

( never offer😠), cut grass ( hate gardening ), got time on my hands ha-ha so can do shopping ( hate shopping), can't sit outside in the sun and have a glass of malt because it's ******ing down and the consultant says it's bad for my liver, where does she get that idea? Oh forgot George Best.

The serious answer is that when I finally get through this WD I think I could actually be better than for a long time.

I have certainly felt that, during the few really good windows I have had. There is also the possibility that the fact I am on only half the original dose, and have been off the morphine patches for six months means my liver is coping better.

So I am hoping for the best. In the meantime I have my ray of Birmingham sunshine to brighten my day.😎

Bet you wonder what I want😈

Later

 

Sass

 

Ok yes I’m wondering 

“what does Sas want ?”

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach
  •  

Hi Sunshine.

 

Just checking in.

Hope the road is not too dark today.

I could really do with a laugh so how about this.

I nearly called you my ray of brummy sunshine,  then I realised some are unhappy with the description,

Could be worse though, you could live in Goole. Sorry best I can manage.

I don't really know why I am writing this cos no doubt you are out painting the town. OMG now I am talking to myself on the bloody computer.

Byeeeeeeeeeee

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

Nosy, how did I find you?

By mistake saw your name and posted, wanted to know you were ok.

Not sure whether you are joking or not.

Take care.

 

SAS

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
59 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Nosy, how did I find you?

By mistake saw your name and posted, wanted to know you were ok.

Not sure whether you are joking or not.

Take care.

 

SAS

I’m joking 🙃!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome
Just now, Longroadhome said:

I’m joking 🙃!! 

Sorry that’s the trouble when texting it can sound un funny 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

Good because I really don't need to lose a friend just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Sassenach

I have the same problem when I use the voice rec. on the the phone. A long stream of unpunctuated drivel. So no difference then😀

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

Your not losing this friend no way !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

Lol that’s made me laugh 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Longroadhome

U ok Sas how’s the weekend going ? 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...