SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Longroadhome: think I may be tapering Seroxat / Paxil too fast

Longroadhome

1 hour ago, Sassenach said:

This is my yorkshire coming out, £650 quid for what?

The insurance would probably have found a reason not to pay out 😈

But we all know it does not matter what they cost.

Great news about Paul, it's not all bad.:rolleyes:

How am I doing ? OK Ta.

Seriously get this week over for both of us and go from there.

Have you seen Anna has posted?

Have not had time to read properly but does not look great.

Was not going to tell you but seemed unfair after you offered so much.

Please do not add to your stress though or I will have nobody to be silly with.

Sas

I’ve read and replied to Anna’s post Sas

not in a good way . 

Ive asked her to keep on line now so we can all support each other . 

Always lovely to hear from you Sas 😊

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

Hi @Longroadhome and @Sassenach

I'm so sorry I have worried you. And I'm so sorry, LRH, for seeming to reject your offer of help with a meetup.

I am just so ashamed of myself – I don't feel like I'm good company and although it's not helpful, I have cut myself off from people because of my symptoms and experiences. I don't want to be around family and friends when all I can think (and in all honesty talk) about is Seroxat withdrawal. I can't maintain a conversation about much else. Or I just stare and go blank and not know what to say. Or I cry.

And if I do meet people, and it works as a distraction for a while, I HATE the feeling of it coming to an end and returning to reality and the same old thoughts and feelings. So much of this is a rock-and-hard-place situation. Being around people is good for me, but it's also bad for me.

This morning my dad suggested I do my freelance work from his house for company and I declined because as good as it might be for the company and change of scenery, I can't handle the drive back home when I start crying from leaving my parents and the thoughts about 'what will I do when they die' start taking over.

I will try to be more active on this site for checking in, but please don't be cross or upset if I'm not. Sometimes I have to do everything I can to switch off from thinking about Seroxat withdrawal, because it compounds my feelings of hopelessness and doom. It isn't you, and it isn't this site.

I'm so sorry I can't offer much help or support to you two. And I'm so sorry if I have upset you.

I am immensely grateful for all your kindness and encouragement, even though I find it difficult to show this. x

LATEST SITUATION

*GSK-BRANDED LIQUID SEROXAT*

CURRENTLY HOLDING AT 4.84MG LIQUID SEROXAT (PAROXETINE) DAILY, FOLLOWING 5% TAPER SINCE JUNE 2020 AS FOLLOWS:

• 1 APR 21: UPDOSE TO (AND HOLDING SINCE) 4.84MG PER DAY, AS 4MG LUNCHTIME, 0.84MG EVENING
  • PREVIOUS TAPERING SINCE JUNE 2020: 13 Mar 21 (CRASHED 19 MAR 21) 4.72mg per day, as 4mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 13 Feb 21: 4.96mg per day, as 4.24mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 16 Jan 21: 5.2mg per day, as 4.48mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 19 Dec 20: 5.48mg per day, as 4.76mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 21 Nov 20: 5.76mg per day, as 5.04mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 24 Oct 20: 6.04mg per day, as 5.32mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 26 Sept 20: 6.36mg per day, as 5.64mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening | 29 Aug 20: 6.68mg per day, as 5.96mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening | 1 Aug 20: 7mg  per day, as 6.28mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening (bereavement, didn't reduce) | 4 Jul 20: 7mg per day, as 6.28mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening | 6 Jun 20: 7.36mg per day, as 6.64mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening

*OTHER MEDS/SUPPLEMENTS*

Since my March 2021 crash (above), I have very occasionally taken a benzo, and increased some of my supplements. Please see this document.

————————————————————————————————

PREVIOUSLY

From 12 May 19 to 5 Jun 20 inclusive: 7.72mg per day, as 7mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening. Split my doses in May 2019 as I suspect half-life is more of a factor at lower doses. Further history here.

4 hours ago, DeterminedAnna said:

Hi @Longroadhome and @Sassenach

I'm so sorry I have worried you. And I'm so sorry, LRH, for seeming to reject your offer of help with a meetup.

I am just so ashamed of myself – I don't feel like I'm good company and although it's not helpful, I have cut myself off from people because of my symptoms and experiences. I don't want to be around family and friends when all I can think (and in all honesty talk) about is Seroxat withdrawal. I can't maintain a conversation about much else. Or I just stare and go blank and not know what to say. Or I cry.

And if I do meet people, and it works as a distraction for a while, I HATE the feeling of it coming to an end and returning to reality and the same old thoughts and feelings. So much of this is a rock-and-hard-place situation. Being around people is good for me, but it's also bad for me.

This morning my dad suggested I do my freelance work from his house for company and I declined because as good as it might be for the company and change of scenery, I can't handle the drive back home when I start crying from leaving my parents and the thoughts about 'what will I do when they die' start taking over.

I will try to be more active on this site for checking in, but please don't be cross or upset if I'm not. Sometimes I have to do everything I can to switch off from thinking about Seroxat withdrawal, because it compounds my feelings of hopelessness and doom. It isn't you, and it isn't this site.

I'm so sorry I can't offer much help or support to you two. And I'm so sorry if I have upset you.

I am immensely grateful for all your kindness and encouragement, even though I find it difficult to show this. x

Anna firstly you have nothing to be sorry for We do understand and I’m just happy you checked in with us . Me and Sas are here for you and through you we have become friends too which is so nice . 

We may not mention our symptoms to you but let me say mine are very much the same with the worry about family members guilt etc etc 

the feelings are so powerful Please refer to neuro emotions on this site written by brass monkey  as this explains so well the intensity of a thought for us in wd. 

Only be more active if you want to

as long as you check in from time to time that would be great and enough . 

Thinking of you Anna xx 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Birmingham.

Feeling good, cut lawns, walked Tango OHhhhhhhhhhhhh and accounts.

No doubt you ok:rolleyes:

Hope Georgie is ok?

Know you are busy.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee gone.

SAS

Escitalopram 10mgs from mid 2007 ( can't remember exact date) to 11th Dec 2018

Fentanyl patches ( don't remember dose ) from Nov 2014 to 11 Dec 2018

Quit both cold turkey Dec 2018

Reinstated 3rd March 2019 2.5 mgs.

Updosed  8March to 5mgs and holding

25/11/19 Started taper 4.5mgs and holding

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Hello Birmingham.

Feeling good, cut lawns, walked Tango OHhhhhhhhhhhhh and accounts.

No doubt you ok:rolleyes:

Hope Georgie is ok?

Know you are busy.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee gone.

SASA 

Hello 👋 you !

great your having a good day you deserve it and you’ve cut the lawns !! Well done you ! Very productive I’d say. 

picked Georgie up from vet total price as first price didn’t include overnight stay £771 apparently . (Could have got her in at local hotel bed and breakfast for a lot less!!) 

They found nothing . She seems back to her old self (minus big square fur patch ) so I can’t understand it ? Blood tests scan and X-ray all clear. They did say if she continues being sick with blood in it then a camera down throat would be next thing to try. 

Its good she seems all waggy tailed though 😊 but I keep telling her I’m not impressed ..

Great to hear from you Sas told Anna that we had become friends through her . It’s good :) 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey you

Great news, just think what she's worth now🤣

You could try feeding her better dog food😈

Are you going to see the movie, Printer Gremlins ?

Look after yourself and Paul, oh and the girls.

Bye

SAS

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner

If you are going through Hell, keep going. NCIS series 15, David MaCallum:rolleyes:

Hey @Longroadhome

Thank you again for your lovely words above. I'm so glad you've made friends here. Sassy is a cheeky chap!

Glad your Georgie is back from the vets. I know being hit with a big bill isn't great, but I also know it's money well spent. Every time I've had a vet's bill for my old mog (he's too old to insure) I take a big gulp and wonder how I'll find the money, but I know I'd feel worse if I didn't spend it on taking care of his health.

Sometimes there's nothing to be found with any health queries. That's just how it is – for humans and our furry friends. Perhaps Georgie had a scratch or inflammation in her throat and that explained the blood clots. I have coughed up blood before when I've had a cold and the doctor told me it's not unusual to get a bit of blood in mucous (or other oral discharges!) from scratches or inflammation.

If she's wagging her tail and eating that's a sure sign she's ok.

Now onto YOU. How are you? I saw you had your first real window very recently. 💪👏🙌🎆🎇🎉🎊🥂(non-alcoholic champagne emoji)

Your description of it is spot on – you felt like the person you truly are. I'm SOOOOOOOO chuffed for you.

From what I have read, there are some theories that windows start appearing more often and get longer in length. 

I can see that you're toying with the idea of resuming your taper soon. The mods will have more experience on this, but I wonder if it would be wise to wait until you have more windows for longer periods – until you're near enough 100% window – before you resume your taper?

I know you've got the pregablin to think of too, but as we all know and all say, this isn't a race.

I'm going to sign off here for now, as I need to get a pizza in the oven!

Thank you again for such lovely words before. And the lovely words before that. And before that...

More windows coming your way, I can feel it XXX

LATEST SITUATION

*GSK-BRANDED LIQUID SEROXAT*

CURRENTLY HOLDING AT 4.84MG LIQUID SEROXAT (PAROXETINE) DAILY, FOLLOWING 5% TAPER SINCE JUNE 2020 AS FOLLOWS:

• 1 APR 21: UPDOSE TO (AND HOLDING SINCE) 4.84MG PER DAY, AS 4MG LUNCHTIME, 0.84MG EVENING
  • PREVIOUS TAPERING SINCE JUNE 2020: 13 Mar 21 (CRASHED 19 MAR 21) 4.72mg per day, as 4mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 13 Feb 21: 4.96mg per day, as 4.24mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 16 Jan 21: 5.2mg per day, as 4.48mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 19 Dec 20: 5.48mg per day, as 4.76mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 21 Nov 20: 5.76mg per day, as 5.04mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 24 Oct 20: 6.04mg per day, as 5.32mg lunchtime, 0.72mg evening | 26 Sept 20: 6.36mg per day, as 5.64mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening | 29 Aug 20: 6.68mg per day, as 5.96mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening | 1 Aug 20: 7mg  per day, as 6.28mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening (bereavement, didn't reduce) | 4 Jul 20: 7mg per day, as 6.28mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening | 6 Jun 20: 7.36mg per day, as 6.64mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening

*OTHER MEDS/SUPPLEMENTS*

Since my March 2021 crash (above), I have very occasionally taken a benzo, and increased some of my supplements. Please see this document.

————————————————————————————————

PREVIOUSLY

From 12 May 19 to 5 Jun 20 inclusive: 7.72mg per day, as 7mg lunchtime; 0.72mg evening. Split my doses in May 2019 as I suspect half-life is more of a factor at lower doses. Further history here.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi

I got your post and pics.

That's a heck of a shaved area. Were they trying convince you they had done something:rolleyes:

Mind you she was probably a bit cooler for it.

Not sure I want to be your manager or employee next week😈

Hope all goes well for Paul.

Made a great start as a mod, took a double dose of Escitalopram this morning.

Gave myself a good telling off, then blamed Tango. I was talking to him and not concentrating.

He was lying watching and wuffing to go out. I was explaining he had to wait.

Explaining for god'a sake he is a dog. They may understand words but not sentences.

What have they let loose on here?🤔

Have a good weekend.

Hugs to all.

Sass

• Moderator Emeritus

OK don't talk to me😭

SAS

• Moderator Emeritus

All for one and one for All⚔️

Have a good day.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey you

You know I would not ignore you, I value my whatsits as @BreathofAir calls them😖

Last post on my thread from you was Friday 7.09.

Checked for pm, although I did not expect you to use that.

Checked my email, last was photo of Georgie.

It is not the first time.

When you were in Lincoln you said you sent two long messages and I received neither.

I have a pc, laptop and phone all on the same router so it is weird.

Maybe Alto is censoring us😈.

I know we say ok as a response but you would tell me if were struggling?

I saw your discussions with Anna and made me wonder.

When you respond will you just send an email as well  with brief note on it so I can check on here.

If there is a problem it would be good to know.

Has Paul got his results yet?

Hugs to all

Sass

Edited by Sassenach
amendment

2 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Hey you

You know I would not ignore you, I value my whatsits as @BreathofAir calls them😖

Last post on my thread from you was Friday 7.09.

Checked for pm, although I did not expect you to use that.

Checked my email, last was photo of Georgie.

It is not the first time.

When you were in Lincoln you said you sent two long messages and I received neither.

I have a pc, laptop and phone all on the same router so it is weird.

Maybe Alto is censoring us😈.

I know we say ok as a response but you would tell me if were struggling?

I saw your discussions with Anna and made me wonder.

When you respond will you just send an email as well  with brief note on it so I can check on here.

If there is a problem it would be good to know.

Has Paul got his results yet?

Hugs to all

Sass

Lovely to hear from you !!

apparently  something I opened the last few weeks contained a virus and has been slowing down my mail and not sending my messages. Sam bless her has sorted it for me today by re setting my messenger etc 

All good now plus I have Georgie piccy on my account aaah xx

im ok Sas cut down on the pregabalin and getting symptoms but not going back up on it . Going to wait it out howeverlong it takes . 

Will update  my drug info 

1 minute ago, Longroadhome said:

Lovely to hear from you !!

apparently  something I opened the last few weeks contained a virus and has been slowing down my mail and not sending my messages. Sam bless her has sorted it for me today by re setting my messenger etc 

All good now plus I have Georgie piccy on my account aaah xx

im ok Sas cut down on the pregabalin and getting symptoms but not going back up on it . Going to wait it out howeverlong it takes . 

Will update  my drug info 

I’ve sent you messages most days apart from weekends :( 

• Moderator Emeritus
14 minutes ago, Longroadhome said:

im ok Sas

and I am supposed to believe that🤣

Wonder if anybody received the messages, hope you were behaving yourself on them😈

Sas

3 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

and I am supposed to believe that🤣

Wonder if anybody received the messages, hope you were behaving yourself on them😈

Sas

Truth. And don’t know why Anna got hers and you didn’t ? 

But im so glad it’s been resolved and I get to hear your cheekiness again !!!

you didn’t receive my congratulations in your new mod role then I take it ?? You must have thought I was being ignorant. 

This is what I put

”well done Sas on your moderator role I know you will do a great job. I am so proud of you “

i have also sent messages asking how it’s going etc

Did you get my message this morning in reply to yours about us all sticking together and I said 

“we started this journey together and we’ll finish together” xx  

Just now, Longroadhome said:

Truth. And don’t know why Anna got hers and you didn’t ? 

But im so glad it’s been resolved and I get to hear your cheekiness again !!!

you didn’t receive my congratulations in your new mod role then I take it ?? You must have thought I was being ignorant. 

This is what I put

”well done Sas on your moderator role I know you will do a great job. I am so proud of you “

i have also sent messages asking how it’s going etc

Did you get my message this morning in reply to yours about us all sticking together and I said 

“we started this journey together and we’ll finish together” xx  

Ps mainly behaving ... 😇

• Moderator Emeritus

Don't behave too much, life is for living, what a cliche , you'd think I could come up with something original.

Using too much brain power and I don't have much😕

Thanks for the congrats but we three come first.

Rachel is struggling but wants to be strong.

Hopefully it is just a wave but external stressors make it hard for the top brass to get a handle on what's going on.

Shep is on her case so here's hoping. She deserves some happiness and stability.

You still have not told me when Paul gets his results.

So much to catch up on after so long apart😭

Love to all

Sas

2 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Don't behave too much, life is for living, what a cliche , you'd think I could come up with something original.

Hopefully it is just a wave but external stressors make it hard for the top brass to get a handle on what's going on.

Shep is on her case so here's hoping. She deserves some happiness and stability.

Love to all

Sas

19th this month I’m going with him . 

Hows the new job going  I have been reading one or two replies it’s awful how desperate people are when first hitting the site . You are so very lovely with replies Sas x

• Moderator Emeritus

:blush:Don't stop I like it.

6 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Love to all

Sas

I think Rachel is going through waves too and finds them very hard to cope with . But I agree with you she’s braver than she gives herself credit for 

I also like her sense of humour :) ! 

• Moderator Emeritus

Better do some work or I will up before the Headmistress😈

Ha! Too right personally I’d rather face a firing squad 😂 x

• Moderator Emeritus

Good night LRH

Just now, Sassenach said:

Good night LRH

Just now, Sassenach said:

Good night LRH

You can forget that for a game of coconuts !! 

(Yes another Brummie saying !) 

we may have to be in touch later as you say we have a lot of catching up to do . 

By the way did you know my hero is Brass Monkey 

youre hot on his trail Sas !!😉

• Moderator Emeritus

I will look forward to it.

Will a box of choccies get me ahead of the metal man😈

Only joking he is brilliant and a great sense of humour ie, warped like this gang.

Has to be Cadbury !

• Moderator Emeritus

Bournville Madam?

Sas how do I change my drug signature do I need to do from

my lap top as I’m trying to do it from

My phone and it’s not letting me ? 

• Moderator Emeritus

I think you will have to do it from your laptop as I saw somewhere that signatures do not appear on phones.

Thanks Sas thought so 

how’s your day going ? Lovely weather here in Brum just come back from lunch with friend and walking Georgie :) 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi you

Great here too.

Catch you later, Rachel is struggling.

Hate to do this.

Will make it up to you.

Sas

ps what the hell have I just promised?😇

1 minute ago, Sassenach said:

Hi you

Great here too.

Hate to do this.

Will make it up to you.

Sas

No worries go ahead 

• Moderator Emeritus

Post later.

Sorry thought we were winning.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, s**t!! I feel so bad for her.

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

21 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Hi you

Great here too.

Hate to do this.

Will make it up to you.

Sas

U ok today Sas?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi you.

Course I'm OK.

Just mailed you an attachment.🐕

SAS

Rachel in a bad way . Crisis team coming out to her .

Thought video was sent by mistake had to Toni on it ?