Lesara

Lesara

Hello...I have been tapering now for 4 months...and seem I have a “normal taper”...up and down...symptoms occasionally....I quit because of I ceased digestive problems,  my biggest problem is to know what illness is causing symptoms...

I have Fibromyalgia, post-polio syndrome, hypo thyroid, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, spinal stenosis, depression, arthritis, ...there are a couple more, but can’t think of them...

i am using a scale to count, divided to 2 doses daily @2.5 % of Cymbalta...been on for 5+ years...I also take meds for hypo thyroid, blood pressure, and the Cymbalta

i am a great Grandma at 78 y.o. Have a cheery personality despite the conditions I have...

use mindfulness, prayer, meditation to help me cope...plus do a lot of reading art, crafts,drawing...the other symptoms I have are fatigue...difficulty sleeping, falling...full body pain, changing double vision, lots of digestive problems...brain fog,...etc,etc...

i have joined another group also...and my husband helps weighing the beads...I have supportive family behind me...and are my biggest blessing...looking forward to being in this group...now...

Edited by Shep
removed personal photo
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Lesara.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Please note I removed the photo you placed in your post. We recommend not using personal photos that could identify you. Not only could someone you know recognize you, but Google Images has a search feature that lets Google scan images. So if you have that image anywhere on the internet, such as on a personal FaceBook or other website, you could be located. We recommend you stay as anonymous as possible in this online environment. 

Since you are already tapering, you may already have read this information, but just in case, here are some helpful links:

Tips for tapering off Cymbalta (duloxetine)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Healing from antidepressants. Patterns of recovery video (4 minutes)

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

You may find some helpful information to handle your symptoms here: 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please continue to use this thread to document your taper and to ask plenty of questions. 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lesara, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.