SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

noearthlyfamily: micro taper schedule off of Seroquel for dummies chart or table?

noearthlyfamily

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, noearthlyfamily said:

so i only need the gabapentin during the day, and could be best served by 3 smaller doses of 300mg 3x during the waking hours, say 8AM, 2PM, and 8PM instead of one huge dose of 900 mg at bedtime! plus since gabapentin has a half life of 6-7 hours, it leaves my body by the time I wake up and am in withdrawals during the day!(

Why are you not taking gabapentin in 3 divided doses? That would seem to be the first change to make. Please make the change in schedule gradually, by moving the two 300mg doses an hour or so each day. Keep daily notes while you're making this change.

I would not divide your quetiapine dose in half, you'll be dopey during the day. Suggest you move the 18.75mg portion earlier in the day, by an hour or so at a time -- but after you change the gabapentin. You would be tapering the morning dose.

Why did you decide you needed to micro-taper Seroquel? It's possible if you're tapering the morning dose, with distribution of the gabapentin earlier, you may be able to taper at the usual 10% of the entire daily dose per month.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noearthlyfamily

• ChessieCat

• Altostrata

• jozeff

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Why are you not taking gabapentin in 3 divided doses? That would seem to be the first change to make. Please make the change in schedule gradually, by moving the two 300mg doses an hour or so each day. Keep daily notes while you're making this change.

I would not divide your quetiapine dose in half, you'll be dopey during the day. Suggest you move the 18.75mg portion earlier in the day, by an hour or so at a time -- but after you change the gabapentin. You would be tapering the morning dose.

Why did you decide you needed to micro-taper Seroquel? It's possible if you're tapering the morning dose, with distribution of the gabapentin earlier, you may be able to taper at the usual 10% of the entire daily dose per month.

okay well yes moving the huge 900mg nightly dose of gabapentin into 3 smaller doses of 300 mg 3x during the day makes sense, that's exactly what i was saying. i don't know why the dr's decided to hammer me with such high doses of sedatives at night, although i do have insonia and anxiety /overproduction of stomacha cid at night, i didn't need to be that heavily doped up, especially when the half lives are 6 hours and it put me in withdrawals by the time i wake up every morning! so stupid, i am very angry with dr's at the moment...but i digress

as for the decision to microtaper seroquel, well since oct of 2017 i had been tapering myself by cutting the smallest 25 mg pills in rough quarters...by rough i mean very inaccurate pieces because it is not scored and is round so it never cut evenly in either direction....and i was reducing by approximately 6.25mg every time i cut. so my withdrawal symptoms made me absolutely miserable for the first week and sometimes longer immediately following each reduction. then i learned about water titration, how you can get an accurate even dose using syringe and the markings on it, so i began doing that for the 25mg pill part of my 75mg dose that i was on, and my symptoms calmed down a lot. then i learned about microtapering and how it can make the decline from the starting/current dosage towards the end goal of zero much smoother and manageable and help prevent (hopefully) protracted withdrawal symptoms. so i decided that would be wise. Jozeff was kind enough to show me the Brass Monkey Slide microtaper where the reduction is still totalling 10% each month (plus a 2 week hold after each 4 weeks) but the weekly reduction is only 2.5%, so instead of cut and suffer at each reduction as i was doing previously, i could cut and ease into the taper with less severe symptoms.

ok, so your suggestion to take the 18.75mg quetiapine portion of my total quetiapine dose earlier in the day and just take the 50 mg of seroquel at 8pm makes sense....except for this one little fact: even at 400 mg of quetiapine which i was at for many years/(decades actually) it did not make me sleepy. in fact my tolerance was so high that i didn't even feel any effects when i took it, i only felt effects if i forgot to take it. so for me in particular , quetiapine is not sedative, maybe when used at smaller doses it will be sedative? i have read literature that says seroquel is sedative at smaller doses but not higher doses, so perhaps there is some truth to that? 

but the gabapentin on the other hand, is extremely sedating for me at high doses.  not so much at the lower doses, but at 900mg and especially when taken at the same time as the progesterone and seroquel and clonazepam...it makes me very stoned/drunk/drugged feeling. makes we walk like a sailor and slur words and all of that nonsense. it is definitely overkill for me at night.

so, since in my case, quetiapine is not particularly sedative, i would like to try moving my quetiapine nightly dose into 2 even doses , one at 8 am and one at 8pm, and see if that helps my stomach pain/anxiety from being in withdrawals by morning due to the half life of the drug being 6 hours, and the drug clearing my system completely by 12 hours. this would mean a more even concentration of the drug in my blood throughout the entire 24  hours.

and yes i also want to move the gabapentin into 3 daytime doses, definitely. 

what would the gabapentin spacing out look like? you said "Please make the change in schedule gradually, by moving the two 300mg doses an hour or so each day." i'm confused , did you mean the three 300mg doses? 

i mean, would it be like this:

day 1: 8pm gabapentin 900mg

day 2: 8pm gabapentin ? mg

day 3:

day 4:

day 5:

day 6:

day 7:

day 8:

day 9:

day 10:

day 11:

day 12:

etc

day   ?    : 8am gabapentin 300mg , 2pm gabapentin 300mg , 8pm gabapentin 300mg

HOLD at this dose schedule for a couple of weeks to make sure stable before making any other changes or continuing taper from quetiapine

UPDATED: 9/01/2019

Quetiapine:  2000-2005: 50mg;  2005: 100mg;   2008: 400mg;   2011: 100mg;   2014: 300mg;   2014-2017: 400mg;  7/2018-2/2019: 75mg;  1/2019: 68.75mg;  4/2019: completed switch to 3x daily dosing (25mg 8AM, 18.75mg 4PM, 25mg MIDNITE);  5/2019: 68.75mg (switched to all liquid taper using HUMCO suspension agent)  8/2019: 61mg       

Clonazepam:  2008: 2mg then 0.25mg;   2012: 0.5mg;   2014: 1mg;   4/2019: 1mg ~completed switch to 3x daily dosing (0.25mg 8AM, 0.25mg 2PM, 0.5mg 8PM);   8/2019: 1mg (switched to all liquid taper using propylene glycol as solvent)    

Gabapentin:   2011: 100mg;   2011: 200mg TID    2014: 300mg;  2017: 600mg;   2019: 900mg PM;   3/2019: completed switch to 3x daily dosing (300mg q8h)

Prior drugs: Please see this link:    (the remaining dates & meds records will be updated as i receive my complete medical files.)

Suppl's: Deva Vegan Multi & Mineral Supplement w/Greens 1x, Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate Chelate 100mg 4x, vit c 1000mg  2x, zinc gluconate 50mg 1x q.o.d., Allicin Max 180mg TID,  chlorella/spirulina 50/50 blend 2tabs 5x daily

HRT:  300mg oral progesterone h.s., 0.1mg estradiol transdermal patch 2x week

• Administrator
10 hours ago, noearthlyfamily said:

my usual daily drug schedule is:

8AM:          0.25 mg clonazepam

12 noon:    0.25mg clonazepam

8PM:          68.75 mg quetiapine with applejuice, 900 mg gabapentin, 0.5mg clonazepam, 300mg oral progesterone

You'll want to take gabapentin about every 8 hours.

I would move 300mg gabapentin earlier by an hour or so each day, continue to take the 600mg at 8 p..m. Moving it to 8 a.m. will take up to a week.

Then move the second 300mg gabapentin evening dose earlier by an hour or so each day until you're taking it at 4 p.m. This will take another few days. Then move the evening gabapentin dose to 11 - midnight, just before you go to bed. This will give you coverage to 8 a.m. You can move this last dose later right off, since you'll have your 4 p.m. dose in your system in the evening.

Please keep daily notes about the time of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. This will be important to monitor the effect of the changes.

30 minutes ago, noearthlyfamily said:

i do have insonia and anxiety /overproduction of stomacha cid at night,

Since you take all those "brakes" at night, their combined effects may exacerbate insomnia via a paradoxical reaction. When the nervous system is sedated too much, it will fight back. That might be why you think you don't have any effect from Seroquel.

My concern is you'll find the 18.75mg quetiapine sedating during the day, especially in combination with the earlier gabapentin, but you'll be reducing the morning quetiapine after you move it. It could be that the gabapentin you'll be taking during the day will smother any withdrawal symptoms from quetiapine.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

You'll want to take gabapentin about every 8 hours.

I would move 300mg gabapentin earlier by an hour or so each day, continue to take the 600mg at 8 p..m. Moving it to 8 a.m. will take up to a week.

Then move the second 300mg gabapentin evening dose earlier by an hour or so each day until you're taking it at 4 p.m. This will take another few days. Then move the evening gabapentin dose to 11 - midnight, just before you go to bed. This will give you coverage to 8 a.m. You can move this last dose later right off, since you'll have your 4 p.m. dose in your system in the evening.

Please keep daily notes about the time of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. This will be important to monitor the effect of the changes.

Since you take all those "brakes" at night, their combined effects may exacerbate insomnia via a paradoxical reaction. When the nervous system is sedated too much, it will fight back. That might be why you think you don't have any effect from Seroquel.

My concern is you'll find the 18.75mg quetiapine sedating during the day, especially in combination with the earlier gabapentin, but you'll be reducing the morning quetiapine after you move it. It could be that the gabapentin you'll be taking during the day will smother any withdrawal symptoms from quetiapine.

Alto THANKYOU SOO MUCH for the advice on how to switch the gabapentin into 3 doses every 8 hours... i made a chart in 2 pages...here's pg 1:

https://imgur.com/B9s3gZk

and pg 2:

https://imgur.com/OgqyIQ6

did i do it right?

i'm still confused about the quetiapine...are you saying i should not divide the doses? or that i should  go ahead and divide the quetiapine by taking the 18.75mg portion (the liquid portion) in the am and reserve tho rest of my dose (the 50 mg pill) for at 8pm?

and are you saying that i should do the gabapentin schedule switcheroo before or after the quetiapine split dose switch?

Quetiapine:  2000-2005: 50mg;  2005: 100mg;   2008: 400mg;   2011: 100mg;   2014: 300mg;   2014-2017: 400mg;  7/2018-2/2019: 75mg;  1/2019: 68.75mg;  4/2019: completed switch to 3x daily dosing (25mg 8AM, 18.75mg 4PM, 25mg MIDNITE);  5/2019: 68.75mg (switched to all liquid taper using HUMCO suspension agent)  8/2019: 61mg       

Clonazepam:  2008: 2mg then 0.25mg;   2012: 0.5mg;   2014: 1mg;   4/2019: 1mg ~completed switch to 3x daily dosing (0.25mg 8AM, 0.25mg 2PM, 0.5mg 8PM);   8/2019: 1mg (switched to all liquid taper using propylene glycol as solvent)    

Gabapentin:   2011: 100mg;   2011: 200mg TID    2014: 300mg;  2017: 600mg;   2019: 900mg PM;   3/2019: completed switch to 3x daily dosing (300mg q8h)

Prior drugs: Please see this link:    (the remaining dates & meds records will be updated as i receive my complete medical files.)

Suppl's: Deva Vegan Multi & Mineral Supplement w/Greens 1x, Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate Chelate 100mg 4x, vit c 1000mg  2x, zinc gluconate 50mg 1x q.o.d., Allicin Max 180mg TID,  chlorella/spirulina 50/50 blend 2tabs 5x daily

• Administrator

Very creative. Please keep those daily notes -- you'll want to adjust if you get odd symptoms.

• Administrator

Change your gabapentin schedule and let that settle down before any changes in quetiapine.

thanks Alto, for the compliment on my crazy chart for the gabapentin dose rescheduling and for the advice on doing the gabapentin switcheroo first, holding and then making the changes to quetiapine after the dust settles.  :wub:

been working for several hours in my planner writing down what to change and what dose and what time for the next few weeks and the hold afterwards. i need a new planner!! one with a line for every hour, lol, like a dr's appointment book

do you ever feel like your life is nothing but taking meds, checking the time, taking more meds,  checking the time again, finding time to eat, making taper schedules, rewriting taper schedules, forgetting to shower, mixing and syringing and falling asleep only to wake and rinse and repeat infinitum?

i look forward to the day when i can focus on some other things as well as my meds and dosing schedule! but for now, it is my full time job. it feels like it is my infant child that is constantly neediing my undivided attention, like there's no time for me! it truly has taken on a life of its own...and it has taken up much of my bathroom sink and countertops too. 

just a minor grumble. it could always be worse!  (and has been many times over the past 20 years) at least now there's a plan, a real plan. i'm so grateful for this place💜💙💚💛

okay this is very weird...

when i got up and took my 8am meds and supplements, fed the dogs and talked to my Hubby getting ready for his workday, i went to grab a pistachio muffin (i'd beeing dreaming of it right before i woke up, as i used to do when i was younger dreaming of the sugary froot loops lol) and i knknew there was only 2 left because i ate one yesterday for breakfast and on tuesday i ate one soon as we got home from grocery shopping cause i was starvin! anyways they come in a plastic blister package with 4 muffins. so i was keeping mental tabs on how many were left!

bear with me i know this seems random and unimportant...

i got up and there were 3 muffins there,  so what happened to the delicious green pistachio muffin i distinctly remember eating esterday for breakfast? a waking dream? a fantasy filled with taste smell sound in my head?

ok so a couple of days ago when i was keeping the 3 day log here for the mods to see my symptoms before making any changes in my  drug dose/tapering schedule, on one day, i believe it was day 2,

i had woken up and( no clock then to look at in my room)🕗 , got up and took my 8am dose and gone back to sleep. then woke up thinking it was much later, due to my "alarm" of the dogs running into my room after my Hubbs leaves for work and jumping on me in my bed, and went in the other room and took what i thought was my 2nd dose of daytime meds. then i glanced at the clock -shocked it said 8:05am! 🕗

i panicked thinking oh no i took my 8am and later dose too close together but the medication box showed i was right on schedule, having just actually only swallowed my 8am dose at 8:05am and never having taken 2 doses as i thought. 

it was so profound to me that i had told my Hubbs that day and even had written it incorrectly the first time i wrote on my log the time i took my 8am and 2nd daytime doses, so that i had to go back and correct them. another waking dream?

how is it i had two different "waking dreams" where i got up and performed functions that involved walking into another room, feeding my dogs, eating drinking and swallowing meds, even typing my log out. and "went back to sleep" somehow it was all a dream?🌙

this is really messing with my head. 

is this also a "thing" in withdrawals? does anybody else have rather complex "waking dreams" where it makes you question reality because during the dream things seem exactly as real as the rest of the waking day? is this a "normal" part of the brain damage? 

i seriously feel like i am in an episode of the Twilight Zone.  i told my Hubbs that this morning after the muffin incident. :blink:

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, noearthlyfamily said:

how is it i had two different "waking dreams" where i got up and performed functions that involved walking into another room ...

I've moved this post to an existing topic.  I've also renamed it to include dream (it was only titled nightmare):

nightmare-dream-while-awake-sleep-paralysis-hypnogogic-hallucinations-etc

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I've moved this post to an existing topic.  I've also renamed it to include dream (it was only titled nightmare):

nightmare-dream-while-awake-sleep-paralysis-hypnogogic-hallucinations-etc

oh! thanks Chessie

didn't mean to put nightmare at all, that's weird...so waking dream is that the same thing as a hypnogogic hallucination?

• Moderator Emeritus
27 minutes ago, noearthlyfamily said:

didn't mean to put nightmare at all

No you didn't put nightmare.  The topic you created said nightmare.  The existing topic was nightmare, which I merged your topic into, but I added dream the topic title so that a search would bring up either.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

11 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

No you didn't put nightmare.  The topic you created said nightmare.  The existing topic was nightmare, which I merged your topic into, but I added dream the topic title so that a search would bring up either.

thanks again, noit quite sure i understand what you patiently just descruibed to me, but i am not myself these days HAHAH lil Withdrawal humor there

anyways

this weird dreamstate and hypnogogic or hypnopompic or whatever it is waking dreams thing is so bizarre, i suppose it could be a worse symptom, something painful, but it is unerving...unnerving? lol another WD pun god stop me now

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, noearthlyfamily said:

pun god stop me now

Good to have a sense of humor, nef!

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

hello Gridley! 

thx, i appreciate positive reinforcement!

okay now i'm really ticked off...the 2 voulumetric flasks i bought on amazon, a 50ml and a 25 ml, are neither even close to accurate!

not even close.

unless i'm doing this way wrong... they are both about 3 or 4 ml off!

i' msupposed to go by the line inscribed inside the neck of the flask, about half way up the inside of the skinny neck of the flask. but i just measured it (my instinct said to so i did) and they both came out with the water lkevel way above the inscribed mark on the neck.

we paid 13 bucks for the 50ml one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VDPK7B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and 11 bucks for the 25 ml one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0713YBB6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

both by the same company EISCO. 

i mean that's a lot for a couple of glass perfume vials. 

any ideas? 

• Moderator Emeritus

This is what is suggested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduated_cylinder

14 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

This is what is suggested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduated_cylinder

from that link: " Graduated cylinders are generally more accurate and precise than laboratory flasks and beakers, but they should not be used to perform volumetric analysis;[3] volumetric glassware, such as a volumetric flask or volumetric pipette, should be used, as it is even more accurate and precise. "

from the same source on volumetric flasks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volumetric_flask

"A volumetric flask (measuring flask or graduated flask) is a piece of laboratory apparatus, a type of laboratory flask, calibrated to contain a precise volume at a particular temperature. Volumetric flasks are used for precise dilutions and preparation of standard solutions. These flasks are usually pear-shaped, with a flat bottom, and made of glass or plastic. The flask's mouth is either furnished with a plastic snap/screw cap or fitted with a joint to accommodate a PTFE or glass stopper. The neck of volumetric flasks is elongated and narrow with an etched ring graduation marking. The marking indicates the volume of liquid contained when filled up to that point. The marking is typically calibrated "to contain" (marked "TC" or "IN") at 20 °C and indicated correspondingly on a label. The flask's label also indicates the nominal volume, tolerance, precision class, relevant manufacturing standard and the manufacturer’s logo. Volumetric flasks are of various sizes, containing from 1 milliliter to 20 liters of liquid...

Classes[edit]

Calibration and toleration standards for volumetric flasks are defined in the following standard specifications and practices: ASTM E288,[1] E542,[2] E694,[3] ISO 1042,[4] and GOST 1770-74.[5] According to these specifications, volumetric flasks come in two different classes. The higher standard flasks (Class A, Class 1, USP or equivalent depending on the country) are made with a more accurately placed graduation mark, and have a unique serial number for traceability. Where this is not required, a lower standard (Class B or equivalent) is used for qualitative or educational work."

and the 2 that i ordered are Class A,  the most accurate. these are whay they say on the sale page:

• 50ml class A borosilicate glass volumetric flask
  • Tolerance ±0.050 ml
  • Comes with solid glass No. 13 stopper
  • 6.5" height and 1.5" flat base
  • In compliance with ASTM-E288

and

• 25ml class A borosilicate glass volumetric flask
  • Tolerance ±0.030 ml
  • Comes with solid glass No. 9 stopper
  • 5" height and 1" flat base
  • In compliance with ASTM-E288

Jozeff our resident chemist reccomended the volumetric flask for its accuracy as he uses the equipment in his work, so that what i went with.

is it possible that the 10ml syringes i ordered are not accurate?

these are the ones i ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFTYINS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

by BSTEAN

Bstean Syringe Blunt Tip Needle and Cap - 10ml, 5ml, 3ml, 1ml Syringes 14ga 16ga 18ga 20ga Blunt Needles - Oil or Glue Applicator (Pack of 10)

List Price: $12.89 
Price: $7.89 ($2.63 / 10 Items)  | FREE One-Day
You Save: $5.00 (39%)

Specifications for this item
Part Number SY-001
Number of Items 30
Brand Name BSTEAN
Cap Type Luer Lock
EAN 0713831670204
Item Weight 1.76  ounces
Material Polypropylene
Model Number SY-10
Size 10-Pack
UNSPSC Code 42142500
UPC 713831670204

Product description

10 Pack - 1ml, 3ml, 5ml 10ml Syringes with 14Ga 16Ga 18Ga 20Ga Blunt Tip Needles and Caps

This syringe suit is great for measuring and refilling e liquids, e-cig juice oil mix, also great for flat back rhinestones, hobby crafts, food syringe injector, home or industrial precison applications of clear CA glues, inks, lubricants, sealants etc.

Features & Benefits

2 x 10ml luer lock syringe 
2 x 5ml luer lock syringe 
3 x 3ml luer lock syringe 
3 x 1ml non-luer lock syringe 
2 x 1.5 inch 14G blunt needle 
2 x 1.0 inch 18G blunt needle 
3 x 0.5 inch 16G blunt needle 
3 x 0.5 inch 20G blunt needle 
5 x syringe caps 
5 x needle tip caps

The Perfect Gift

Makes an excellent gift for DIY favors, etc.

Bstean Guarantee

Your risk is completely eliminated with following inclusions:
-- 100% Industrial Grade and No Smells.
-- 100% Money Back Guarantee.

Note

The syringe is consumable, the life time depends on how you use it.

if the syringes are not accurate then maybe the volumetric flasks are accurate... 

i like how the volumetric flask's pear shape makes it easy to rinse out the last bits of powder with a little water, and the gradutated cylinders look like little bits of powder might get trapped at the bottom near the seam where the tube meets the bottom...

has anybody used both ? which do you like better? 

and could my syringes be wrong? BSTEAN is reputable, but...i'm not an expert here by any means.

• Administrator

Don't overthink it.

5 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Don't overthink it.

pardon?

i have just discovered that the flask i've been using is off by as much as 3-4 ml...i came here to ask for expert advice since i am obviously not experienced at this, asked if my syringes could be the thing that is inaccurate...and you are telling me "not to overthink it"?

i am trying to follow the instructions and advice given to me here by those who have the experience and knowledge to show me the correct way to do this.  

a difference of 3-4 ml is a significant amount. i don't want to be a pest. i also don't want to be dismissed  offhand.  thank you for the kindness you have shown me so far.

• Moderator Emeritus

The main thing is to use the same equipment, and do your preparations the same each time.  Even using the same spot on the bench or table where you measure.  It's a combination of accuracy and consistency.

Please check out these topics: 

how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules

questions-and-answers-about-liquid-medications

• Administrator

If your flask is off by that much, please contact the vendor for a refund.

You may wish to get a graduated cylinder. They're very inexpensive on Ebay.

As ChessieCat said, the important thing is to use the same methodology every time you mix up a batch of liquid. You can use a 5mL oral syringe, for example, to measure out 10mL of water into a tinted medicine bottle and use that to mix your liquid. This will be close enough for our purposes.

You're moving the gabapentin, correct? While you do this, you have time to assemble your equipment for making your own liquid.

So far, how has moving 300mg gabapentin affected you?

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, noearthlyfamily said:

i am looking for another psych or regular dr because the office staff is horrible (has been for 15 years) and recently so has the dr it took her ...9 days to call in a prescription after we paid $144 bucks to see her.

Any doctor can write a prescription.  You not have to go to a psychiatrist to get a script.

19 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Any doctor can write a prescription.  You not have to go to a psychiatrist to get a script.

yeah so far all i can find is dr's who have such a thick accent that i cant understand what they're saying, and dr's that are almost 80, and dr's way far away.  at least the ones that take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas PPO. can't afford private pay so still looking in ft worth or mid cities area of texas

so , with an initial few days of forgetting to set the alarm or missing my dose,lol,  i am now on the following schedule to get my monster dose of night time gabapentin switched over to 3 even 300 mg doses a day, spaced 8 hours apart:

i made a chart in 2 pages...here's pg 1:

https://imgur.com/B9s3gZk

and pg 2:

https://imgur.com/OgqyIQ6

...and here's what it looks like typed out: (notes in red, end goal doses in bold green)

(start dose: gabapentin 900mg 1x nightly)

3/1/2019:                                   8pm: 900mg

(21 days to switch to 3x daily)

3/2/2019:       7pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/3/2019:       6pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/4/2019:       5pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/5/2019:       4pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/6/2019:       3pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/7/2019:       2pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/8/2019:       1pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/9/2019:     Noon: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/10/2019:  11am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/11/2019:  10am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/12/2019:    9am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/13/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/14/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg            9pm: 300mg

3/15/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg          10pm: 300mg

3/16/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg          11pm: 300mg

3/17/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/18/2019:    8am: 300mg      7pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/19/2019:    8am: 300mg      6pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/20/2019:    8am: 300mg      5pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/21/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

(plus a week long hold following the switch before making any other changes)

3/22/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/23/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/24/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/25/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/26/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/27/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/28/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

(if symptoms arise, hold further until symptoms disappear)

so i just spent an hour reading how the orange ACCORD clonazepam sucks and the yellow SOLCO/Par Pharmaceuticals, an Endo Company Clonazepam 0.5mg Tablet (This medicine is a yellow, round, scored tablet imprinted with "V" and "2530". and is manufactured by Par Pharmaceuticals, an Endo Company) are much better... https://www.drugs.com/answers/accord-generic-clonazepam-awful-anyone-3417301.html  (38 responses on just this one site)...

https://www.goodrx.com/clonazepam/images?dosage=0.5mg&form=tablet&label_override=clonazepam&quantity=60   (a good picture comparison of the generic cloazepam pills out now)

well i had no idea, i have been taking these orange ACCORD "sugar pill" generics made in china for i dunno how long now, i suppose 6 months or possibly much longer...got brain fog right now...probaly for much longer than a year...i barely remember taking my .5 clon in another color or shape pill so probably several years ago.  

anyways, if my body is used to taking the crappy ACCORD generics, then when i use them up and switch to the stronger yellow SOLCO/Par Pharmaceuticals ones, won't i be making a huge jump up in my actual clonazepam dosage? i have 27 days left of crappy ACCORD which i'm used to, and then i have 2 months/60 days of the stronger SOLCO ones. 

what should i take? if i'm already used to the ACCORD then should i continue with them? 

is there a way to measure the actual benzo in each to compare the difference? 

and if there truly is less or no benzo in the orange ACCORD pills that i've been taking, then won't my taper off of them be easier/faster?

thanks in advance for any advice. i'm going to post this in my intro page also in case it doesn't get seen here.

Edited by noearthlyfamily
spellcheck and added links

my drug interactions: LOVELY! haha!

Medication Interactions

Clonazepam interacts with Quetiapine.

Using clonazePAM together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Gabapentin interacts with Quetiapine.

Using gabapentin together with QUEtiapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Medical Condition Interactions

Food Interactions
MONITOR: Grapefruit juice may increase the plasma concentrations of orally administered drugs that are substrates of the CYP450 3A4 isoenzyme. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of CYP450 3A4-mediated first-pass metabolism in the gut wall by certain compounds present in grapefruit. Because grapefruit juice inhibits primarily intestinal rather than hepatic CYP450 3A4, the magnitude of interaction is greatest for those drugs that undergo significant presystemic metabolism by CYP450 3A4 (i.e., drugs with low oral bioavailability). In general, the effect of grapefruit juice is concentration-, dose- and preparation-dependent, and can vary widely among brands. Certain preparations of grapefruit juice (e.g., high dose, double strength) have sometimes demonstrated potent inhibition of CYP450 3A4, while other preparations (e.g., low dose, single strength) have typically demonstrated moderate inhibition. Pharmacokinetic interactions involving grapefruit juice are also subject to a high degree of interpatient variability, thus the extent to which a given patient may be affected is difficult to predict.

MANAGEMENT: Patients who regularly consume grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be monitored for adverse effects and altered plasma concentrations of drugs that undergo significant presystemic metabolism by CYP450 3A4. Grapefruit and grapefruit juice should be avoided if an interaction is suspected. Orange juice is not expected to interact with these drugs.

GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.

MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

Drug Interaction Classification
These classifications are only a guideline. The relevance of a particular drug interaction to a specific individual is difficult to determine. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Major Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.
Moderate Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.
Minor Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.
Unknown No interaction data available.

"conditions":

Treated with Estradiol PatchUnrecognized entry. Interaction data not available.

Xerostomia

Heat Stress

Related Interactions

Quetiapine interacts with Heat Stress.

The use of atypical antipsychotic agents has been associated with orthostatic hypotension and syncope. Therapy with atypical antipsychotics should be administered cautiously in patients with hypotension or conditions that could be exacerbated by hypotension, such as a history of myocardial infarction, angina, or ischemic stroke. Patients with dehydration (e.g., due to severe diarrhea or vomiting) may be predisposed to hypotension and should also be managed carefully during therapy with atypical antipsychotics. Blood pressure should be monitored at regular intervals, particularly during dosage escalation or whenever dosage has been altered, and patients should be advised not to rise abruptly from a sitting or recumbent position.

High Cholesterol

Related Interactions

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) interacts with High Cholesterol.

Although estrogens have generally favorable effects on plasma lipids, including increases in HDL and decreases in total cholesterol and LDL, they have also been associated with significant elevations in triglyceride levels, particularly when high dosages are used. Severe hyperlipidemia is known to sometimes cause pancreatitis. Patients with preexisting hyperlipidemia may require closer monitoring during estrogen therapy, and adjustments made accordingly in their lipid-lowering regimen.

Progesterone interacts with High Cholesterol.

Some progestogenic agents may elevate plasma LDL levels and/or lower HDL levels, although data have been inconsistent. Patients with preexisting hyperlipidemia may require closer monitoring during progestogen therapy, and adjustments made accordingly in their lipid-lowering regimen.

Quetiapine interacts with High Cholesterol.

According to the manufacturer, patients treated with quetiapine in 3- to 6-week placebo-controlled trials had increases in cholesterol and triglyceride of 11% and 17%, respectively, compared to slight decreases in the placebo group. Patients with preexisting hyperlipidemia may require closer monitoring during quetiapine therapy, and adjustments made accordingly in their lipid-lowering regimen.

Quetiapine interacts with High Cholesterol.

Atypical antipsychotic drugs have been associated with undesirable alterations in lipid levels. While all agents in the class have been shown to produce some changes, each drug has its own specific risk profile. Before or soon after initiation of antipsychotic medication, obtain a fasting lipid profile at baseline and monitor periodically during treatment.

Insulin Resistance Syndrome

Related Interactions

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) interacts with Insulin Resistance Syndrome.

Impaired glucose tolerance has been observed in some patients administered oral contraceptives and appears to be related primarily to the estrogen dose. However, progestogens can increase insulin secretion and produce insulin resistance to varying degrees, depending on the agent. Patients with diabetes mellitus should be monitored more closely during therapy with estrogens and/or progestogens, and adjustments made accordingly in their antidiabetic regimen.

Progesterone interacts with Insulin Resistance Syndrome.

Impaired glucose tolerance has been observed in some patients administered oral contraceptives and appears to be related primarily to the estrogen dose. However, progestogens can increase insulin secretion and produce insulin resistance to varying degrees, depending on the agent. Patients with diabetes mellitus should be monitored more closely during therapy with estrogens and/or progestogens, and adjustments made accordingly in their antidiabetic regimen.

Quetiapine interacts with Insulin Resistance Syndrome.

Hyperglycemia, in some cases extreme and associated with ketoacidosis or hyperosmolar coma or death, has been reported with the use of atypical antipsychotic agents. Patients with diabetes should be monitored for worsening control of blood glucose when treated with these agents. It is recommended that patients with risk factors for diabetes mellitus starting treatment with atypical antipsychotics should undergo fasting blood glucose testing at the beginning of treatment, and periodically thereafter. Any patient treated with atypical antipsychotics should be monitored for symptoms of hyperglycemia including polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia, and weakness. Patients who develop symptoms of hyperglycemia during treatment with atypical antipsychotics should undergo fasting blood glucose testing. In some cases, hyperglycemia has resolved when treatment with these agents was discontinued; however, some patients required continuation of anti-diabetic treatment despite discontinuation of the atypical antipsychotic drug.

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Related Interactions

Clonazepam interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Benzodiazepines depress the central nervous system and may cause or exacerbate mental depression and cause suicidal behavior and ideation. Episodes of mania and hypomania have also been reported in depressed patients treated with some of these agents. Therapy with benzodiazepines should be administered cautiously in patients with a history of depression or other psychiatric disorders. Patients should be monitored for any changes in mood or behavior. It may be prudent to refrain from dispensing large quantities of medication to these patients.

Clonazepam interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) have been associated with an increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior in patients taking these drugs for any indication. Pooled analyses of 199 placebo-controlled clinical studies involving the use of 11 different AEDs across multiple indications in either monotherapy or adjunctive therapy for a median treatment duration of 12 weeks (up to a maximum of 24 weeks) showed that patients receiving AEDs had approximately twice the risk of suicidal thinking or behavior compared to patients receiving placebo. The estimated rate of suicidal behavior or ideation among 27,863 AED-treated patients was 0.43%, compared to 0.24% for 16,029 placebo-treated patients, representing an increase of approximately one case for every 530 patients treated. There were four suicides in AED-treated patients and none in placebo-treated patients, although the number is too small to establish any causal relationship. The increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior was observed as early as one week after starting AEDs and persisted for the duration of treatment assessed. The risk did not vary substantially by age (5 to 100 years) in the clinical trials analyzed. Therapy with AEDs should be administered cautiously in patients with depression or other psychiatric disorders. The risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior should be carefully assessed against the risk of untreated illness, bearing in mind that epilepsy and many other conditions for which AEDs are prescribed are themselves associated with morbidity and mortality and an increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Patients, caregivers, and families should be alert to the emergence or worsening of signs and symptoms of depression, any unusual changes in mood or behavior, or the emergence of suicidal thoughts or behavior. For clinically significant or persistent symptoms, a dosage reduction or treatment withdrawal should be considered. If patients have symptoms of suicidal ideation or behavior, treatment should be discontinued.

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

The use of oral contraceptives has been associated with an increased incidence of depression. It is uncertain whether this effect is related to the estrogenic or the progestogenic component of the contraceptive, although excess progesterone activity is associated with depression. Patients with a history of depression receiving estrogen and/or progestogen therapy should be followed closely. The manufacturer of medroxyprogesterone recommends monitoring patients who have a history of depression and to not re- administer medroxyprogesterone if depression recurs.

Progesterone interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

The use of oral contraceptives has been associated with an increased incidence of depression. It is uncertain whether this effect is related to the estrogenic or the progestogenic component of the contraceptive, although excess progesterone activity is associated with depression. Patients with a history of depression receiving estrogen and/or progestogen therapy should be followed closely. The manufacturer of medroxyprogesterone recommends monitoring patients who have a history of depression and to not re- administer medroxyprogesterone if depression recurs.

Gabapentin interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) have been associated with an increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior in patients taking these drugs for any indication. Pooled analyses of 199 placebo-controlled clinical studies involving the use of 11 different AEDs across multiple indications in either monotherapy or adjunctive therapy for a median treatment duration of 12 weeks (up to a maximum of 24 weeks) showed that patients receiving AEDs had approximately twice the risk of suicidal thinking or behavior compared to patients receiving placebo. The estimated rate of suicidal behavior or ideation among 27,863 AED-treated patients was 0.43%, compared to 0.24% for 16,029 placebo-treated patients, representing an increase of approximately one case for every 530 patients treated. There were four suicides in AED-treated patients and none in placebo-treated patients, although the number is too small to establish any causal relationship. The increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior was observed as early as one week after starting AEDs and persisted for the duration of treatment assessed. The risk did not vary substantially by age (5 to 100 years) in the clinical trials analyzed. Therapy with AEDs should be administered cautiously in patients with depression or other psychiatric disorders. The risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior should be carefully assessed against the risk of untreated illness, bearing in mind that epilepsy and many other conditions for which AEDs are prescribed are themselves associated with morbidity and mortality and an increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Patients, caregivers, and families should be alert to the emergence or worsening of signs and symptoms of depression, any unusual changes in mood or behavior, or the emergence of suicidal thoughts or behavior. For clinically significant or persistent symptoms, a dosage reduction or treatment withdrawal should be considered. If patients have symptoms of suicidal ideation or behavior, treatment should be discontinued.

Quetiapine interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Adult and pediatric patients with depression and other psychiatric disorders may experience worsening of their symptoms and may have the emergence of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Patients should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for worsening of their symptoms, suicidality or changes in their behavior, especially during the first few months of treatment, and at times of dose changes. Discontinuing the medication should be considered if symptoms are persistently worse, or abrupt in onset.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced

Related Interactions

Benzodiazepines depress the central nervous system and may cause or exacerbate mental depression and cause suicidal behavior and ideation. Episodes of mania and hypomania have also been reported in depressed patients treated with some of these agents. Therapy with benzodiazepines should be administered cautiously in patients with a history of depression or other psychiatric disorders. Patients should be monitored for any changes in mood or behavior. It may be prudent to refrain from dispensing large quantities of medication to these patients.

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Progesterone interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Gabapentin interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Quetiapine interacts with Seasonal Affective Disorder and Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced.

Adult and pediatric patients with depression and other psychiatric disorders may experience worsening of their symptoms and may have the emergence of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Patients should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for worsening of their symptoms, suicidality or changes in their behavior, especially during the first few months of treatment, and at times of dose changes. Discontinuing the medication should be considered if symptoms are persistently worse, or abrupt in onset.

https://youtu.be/JsxavPANO8s "...and i feel fine!!!"

• Administrator

How is your new gabapentin schedule going?

so i shaved my head. LOL again. how many times has this been? 

i've been dying my hair bright tomato red because Hubbs saw that damn Milla Jojovich or whatever her name is from the movie The 5th Element https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/mediaviewer/rm4130159360  and fell in LOVE with her hard, so whenever i get bored with my hair i ask him what he thinks i should do/color and he always picks bright red. so i've humored him since last november. but this week i've just had it with looking like Bozo the clown so off it went! not skin razorblade bald, but the shortest his beard trimmer would allow. lol!

it's not that i want to be a baldie again at this age but i do miss my natural mousy light brown and okay yes a few white hairs at the temples but yes, natural. me.  and i think the old dyed hair holds a lot of toxins. i mean that's how they do the hair analysis to test for certain drugs right? i don't want it hanging around on my head. 

weird exciting new fact: i now have a v shaped long blue vein, actually two veins almost joined at bottom of the "v", on my left temple/side of my skull toward the front just barely hidden by my hairline...it's about 2 1/2 inches long and bright blue, not bulging out, but very visible, i NEVER has that ever before and yes i've shaved my head probly about 8 times in the past 20 years. either i'm showing a new symptom? vascularity? lol or it's a mandela effect. i dunno. maybe related to my recent dr appt blood pressure being slightly elevated? it was 110/90 instead of 120/80. my dr was very concerned. strange!

anyways...

i got a new 24 our planner, similar to an appointment book but 24 actual hours with space to write in my meds and mealtimes and sleep schedule etc...and a litle room to keep better notes on my symptoms on the margin. it is awesome!! got it here: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFPMKN6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

2019 Daily Planner/Appointment Book,8" x 11",Large, 24 Hour,Best Daily Organizer Planner Journal to Achieve Your Goals & Live Happier

by Paper park 

Amazon'sChoicefor "24 hour appointment book 2019"
Price: $12.99  | FREE One-Day
Size: 5" x 8"
just make sure you get the 5"x8" size like i got or it isn't really the 24 hour one...i almost got the 8x11 one but i looked at the pics and it is a totally different planner. this one is nicely bound and a slightlu flexible synthetic suedey material outside really good for the price ...i've been comparing them all over!

ok so i took my old planners with their very scribbled and crossed out messy impossible to read entries and have been transferring them over into this new 24 hour planner. SO MUCH EASIER TO READ! and i noticed something about my WD on quetiapine...

it hit me exactly 19 days after i began to taper this year on jan 28th,2019
...i'd been sick with an awful upper respiratory infection (Hubbs had it too) it was a virus, no meds for it, just apple cider vinegar and vitamin C and Zinc, lotsa water. it hung on for a month..

so basically i backtracked further and found it kinda went like this:
(note not all meds are noted on this because i wasn't keeping really good notes until this past week or so)

TINNITUS (*it has been constant since past 5-10 years, it is due to sensitivity to emf's/wifi signals. goes away completely when the power of the block is knocked out in a storm, resumes immediately upon power coming back on. i had it very rarely as a toddler, increased some in my age 9-12, picked up signifcantly age 13-1997, about 50%-75% of time from 1998-2012, constant tinnitus since at least 2012-2019 today. it sounds like this EXACTLY:   https://youtu.be/-hqokrn5oO8  "For those of you that are hearing a high pitched ringing sound"  3:36 long Youtube video 

july/august 2018 75mg quetiapine ...voices stopped. like, no voice at all...i don't "hear God" anymore...devastated for 1 week, until i realized i never heard from "God" i only heard from the "voice of seroquel". so now i'm atheist lol but at least i don't hear voices!
august 2018 decided to HOLD at 75 mg quetiapine for next 5 months to stabilize for stressful holiday with my abusive family.
xmas week: dec 22-dec 29 with my family, lost 10 pounds in 7 days
dec 29 flew from atlanta to dallas ft worth (exposed to germs inflight)
8 days later: jan5 2019: HUbbs gets sick w/upper respiratory infection
3 days after that: jan 8 2019: I get sick w/ upper respiratory infection
jan 23-24 2019: short window feeling good but still URI hangin on, still HOLDING at 75 mg quetiapine
jan 27 2019: 1 day window feeling good went to dogpark and walked, but also feeling anxiety mild and made noise complaint about abandoned nonstop barking dog (nerves on edge, noise sensitivity)
jan 28 2019: resumed taper from quetiapine, new dose 68.75 mg CRAPPY SLEEP
jan 29-feb 5 2019: stressed and crying spells, it took my dr NINE DAYS to call in my prescription.(nightmares)
feb 6-15 2019: (didn't keep good records of SX)
feb 16-17 2019: HORRID WD SYMPTOMS hit like a ton of bricks
feb 18-22 2019: started liquid titration of part of my quetiapine instead of eneven broken bits of pill that refused to split into halves or quarters...WD SX resolved
feb 23-24 2019: small window felt pretty good but insomnia/slightly manic feeling on evening of 24th
feb 28 2019: took my clonazepam at 11:45am
mar 1 2019: took my clonazepam at 12 noon BRUXISM, TUMMY GROWLING, HEADACHE
mar 2 2019:  took my clonazepam at 12:30pm BRUXISM,  HEADACHE
mar 3 2019: took my clonazepam at 1:00pm BRUXISM,  HEADACHE
mar 4 2019: took my clonazepam at 1:30pm BRUXISM, NAUSEA, TUMMY GROWLING, HEADACHE, BAD VISION,SOUND & LIGHT SENSITIVITY (decided to hold my clonazepam at 1:30pm until SX resolve and to start eating crackers or something with each med dose time, get back to my strict diet/NO DAIRY,EGGS,MEAT,GMO's,MSG,NATURAL FLAVORS (except the shrimp and scallops in my last batch of gumbo which i'm finishing in the next 3 days and returning to strict vegan diet which i felt better on)
mar 5 2019: HELD my clonazepam at 1:30pm (better sleep last night) TINNITUS (*it has been constant since past 5-10 years, it is due to sensitivity to emf's/wifi signals. goes away completely when the power of the block is knocked out in a storm, resumes immediately upon power coming back on) ate better today, few minutes of sunlight on my face while i poop scooped the yard, improved mood while in sun, BRUXISM, continuing to follow my schedule to move my giant nightly 900mg gabapentin dose into 3 even doses of 300mg each 8 hours apart on schedule (see: my gabapentin switcheroo schedule:

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, noearthlyfamily said:

what should i take? if i'm already used to the ACCORD then should i continue with them? 

is there a way to measure the actual benzo in each to compare the difference? 

You may be able to find a compounding pharmacy to compare them, but if you've been on them long enough to adjust to them, you may want to keep taking the Accord brand.

If you do switch to another brand, do so gradually at a rate of no faster than 25% over a number of days / weeks. Sometimes it's not the amount of active ingredient that's the problem, but the fillers. 

Please note I deleted your thread over in the benzo forum where you had asked this question because it's being answered here in your intro thread. 

8 hours ago, Shep said:

You may be able to find a compounding pharmacy to compare them, but if you've been on them long enough to adjust to them, you may want to keep taking the Accord brand.

If you do switch to another brand, do so gradually at a rate of no faster than 25% over a number of days / weeks. Sometimes it's not the amount of active ingredient that's the problem, but the fillers. 

Please note I deleted your thread over in the benzo forum where you had asked this question because it's being answered here in your intro thread. 

hi Shep, thx for answering so quick!☺️

i hear you on the fillers, i learned about that from the link in my original post on this.

and no, not all generics are equal... that's why i'm so scared to switch to the stronger SOLCO generic after haven taken the ACCORD generic for so long.

i can ask the compounding pharm to do a test on the 2 pills but then i'll be short 2 pills.. i know not much but they are very strict about how many pills i have. 

but my insurance won't fill the 2 months of clonazepam that is in the new SOLCO generic that's too strong, because i already picked the pills up...they will say no we won't cover them, and my dr probably won't write another script for 60 days of the old ACCORD ones cause that looks like i'm trying to get extra pills (to sell or to take myself) drug seeking behavior!

plus another issue...

supposing i am able to get the 2 months of ACCORD generics to replace the stronger SOLCO ones i am afraid to take...what if they switch to another different generic again and i have no time to make the adjustment because they don't call to warn you of a new generic everytime they switch manufacturers/suppliers! this could happen repeatedly! i don't find out until i get to the pharmacy (or rather my Hubbs does, on his way home from or to work) what color/brand of generic i'm gonna get. 

i have 25 more 0.5mg ACCORD pills, and i take 2 a day ( 1/2 of a pill at 8 am and 1/2 of a pill at 1:30pm, and a whole 0.5mg pill at 8pm) 

...so how would a 25% switch look if i can't get the dr and insurance to rewrite the prescription for 60 days of the same brand generic?

EDIT (3/6/2019):

(from a friend)

As far as I know, Accord pharmaceuticals, solco pharmaceuticals, and Par pharmaceuticals are all separate companies. 
Accord is part of Intas pharmaceuticals located in Ahmedabad, India. It’s US headquarters is in Durham, North Carolina. 
Solco is part of Zhejiang Huahei pharmaceuticals in China, and has its US headquarters in Prinston, New Jersey. 
And Par is part of Endo pharmaceuticals as you said. Endo has its headquarters in Dublin ,Ireland with US headquarters in Malvern, Pennsylvania. In 2015, Endo acquired Par pharmaceuticals and has US offices in New York. Michigan, Connecticut, and also Chennai, India.

If you are acclimated to Accord clonazepam and feel well enough on them, I would continue to take them if you have a choice. You mentioned having 60 days worth of Solco to take so I just wondered if you had to take those, or if your doctor could write you another prescription for the Accord if you want to “not switch “ to Solco. 

my note* (I would prefer to get my dr to write another script for the old ACCORD generics i've been taking to replace the SOLCO ones, but dunno if she would be willing to, or if insurance would allow it)*

As far as I’m aware of, we as consumers are not able to measure the true amount of clonazepam in any of these tablets. It seems all of the generic brands of any benzo can vary by 20% less of the essential ingredient (clonazepam in this case) up to 25% more of the essential ingredient according to FDA guidelines. 

Edited by noearthlyfamily
info on the makers of the 2 generics i have and my note

(from a friend also on a clonazepam  generic):

"...Everyone who changes these generics feels them differently. I am highly sensitized by 6 switches of generic clonazepams. So believe me, I pick a very slight micro cut very quickly. 

Around here, the latest generics we have is Accord and Solco in most of the pharmacies. 

I know people here on BB who have been switched to solco, and they feel it’s worse than Accord, and others who are incorporating Accord into their regular generic (whatever it is) so that they can acclimate to Accord. 

I’m not sure how this happened to you. It sounds like when you went to the pharmacy, they had changed the generic clonazepam from Accord to solco. That happens here all the time. One month you get Accord, and the next month, you get solco. 

If that’s the ways this happened to you, then you may just have to acclimate to solco, and put up with this BS. 

Your Doctor may want not to write “dispense as written” on the Rx as you say and whether or not the doctor is willing or not to do that, Accord may not be even available in your area. 

This has to do with the supplier/distributor/wholesaler that the different pharmacies use. 

I would call your pharmacy and other pharmacies in your area to see if they can still even get the Accord. If none of them can even get it, you will just have to acclimate to solco. Their is no evidence of any kind that solco is stronger or “better” than any generic of clonazepam. 

Yes, the acclimation will be difficult because you only have 12 days left. I acclimated to all these different clonazepams with plenty of the previous ones left. Acclimation ability also varies by person, but I agree you’re in a tight spot. Some people just start taking the new ones the next day, while others do it gradually. 

I’m guessing that your doctor knew nothing about the switch to solco from Accord. And so many of these doctors could care less because they don’t know much about benzos. I emailed my doc about my problem, and she fixed it with the pharmacy, but I’m not sure what kind of relationship you have with your doc. 

I’d just say to call around about finding the Accord. Here, CVS has a contract with Accord for a year, while another compounding pharmacy has a contract with solco. And I also asked Walgreens here, and they had Accord. Whether or not it was a contract or not is something I don’t know. I kind of think it was because the staff there did tell me that the previous clonazepam (mylan) was there for way over a year. But when mylan stopped making clonazepam, Accord was what they got. 

I’d call both CVS and Walgreens if you have them and see if they have Accord and try to contact your doctor. With I had better answers for you. I truly do.

(my response):

i called walgreens here and the pharmacist said their contract with ACCORD says "indefinite" but it could change come jan 1 2020, so i repeated back to make sure they would at least have the ACCORD clonazepam until the end of this dec 2019 and she said yes. 

so...i got a 3 month refill to be picked up tonite or tomorrow and i'll talk to my dr before the 3 months refill is used up, and try to get her to write dispense as written for ACCORD generic that i'm accustomed to. then if i have to change there is one other pharmacy, a compounding mom n pop one that our insurance allows us to use, and they have come thru for me before on a different med that i needed a specific manufacturer. so hopefully walgreens will continue their "contract" with ACCORD, but at least it bought me a little time. 
👌
(panick attack averted!)  😌

thank you for helping me thru this, and to stay calm ,and for understanding my situation with not wanting to have to acclimate to a higher potentcy pill in 12 days! it's really sad and makes me mad that the drug companies can trifle with us like this. we're trying hard to take responsibility for our lives by getting off the meds slowly and methodically and they throw this stuff at us like a monkeywrench in the machine!

thx again

• Administrator

What we really need to know right now is: How is your gabapentin rescheduling going?

Please answer my questions so I don't have to repeat them. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

What we really need to know right now is: How is your gabapentin rescheduling going?

Please answer my questions so I don't have to repeat them. Thank you.

so glad you're concerned!

guess ya missed it.

posted details immediately under your question when you asked yesterday:

(you're welcome btw 😉)

On 3/5/2019 at 7:43 PM, noearthlyfamily said:
"...feb 6-15 2019: (didn't keep good records of SX)
feb 18-22 2019: started liquid titration of part of my quetiapine instead of eneven broken bits of pill that refused to split into halves or quarters...WD SX resolved
feb 23-24 2019: small window felt pretty good but insomnia/slightly manic feeling on evening of 24th
mar 4 2019: took my clonazepam at 1:30pm BRUXISM, NAUSEA, TUMMY GROWLING, HEADACHE, BAD VISION,SOUND & LIGHT SENSITIVITY (decided to hold my clonazepam at 1:30pm until SX resolve and to start eating crackers or something with each med dose time, get back to my strict diet/NO DAIRY,EGGS,MEAT,GMO's,MSG,NATURAL FLAVORS (except the shrimp and scallops in my last batch of gumbo which i'm finishing in the next 3 days and returning to strict vegan diet which i felt better on)
mar 5 2019: HELD my clonazepam at 1:30pm (better sleep last night) TINNITUS (*it has been constant since past 5-10 years, it is due to sensitivity to emf's/wifi signals. goes away completely when the power of the block is knocked out in a storm, resumes immediately upon power coming back on) ate better today, few minutes of sunlight on my face while i poop scooped the yard, improved mood while in sun, BRUXISM, continuing to follow my schedule to move my giant nightly 900mg gabapentin dose into 3 even doses of 300mg each 8 hours apart on schedule (see: my gabapentin switcheroo schedule:

• Administrator

That's nice. How are you feeling with the gabapentin moved around? What times of day are you taking it now?

3 minutes ago, noearthlyfamily said:
  •       i already said this: 
  •     "...continuing to follow my schedule to move my giant nightly 900mg gabapentin dose into 3 even doses of 300mg each 8 hours apart on schedule"
  •       i am taking it exactly as it says on the schedule which is different every single day from days 1-21.
  •       if you look at the schedule you can see this.
  •        today is:   3/6/2019:       3pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg    ...so that's when i took it today.
  •     ...and my schedule i printed out as i copy & pasted below: 
  •       (with detailed symptoms for each day since the day i started my gabapentin switcheroo including my mistakes and solutions to the clonazepam time adjustment attempt:)
  •       this should answer "how am i feeling?"
  •      i am keeping notes per your request and have been posting them here under my introduction topic so that you can see them. 
  •       
  • 11 minutes ago, noearthlyfamily said:
    "...feb 6-15 2019: (didn't keep good records of SX)
    mar 5 2019: HELD my clonazepam at 1:30pm (better sleep last night) TINNITUS (*it has been constant since past 5-10 years, it is due to sensitivity to emf's/wifi signals. goes away completely when the power of the block is knocked out in a storm, resumes immediately upon power coming back on) ate better today, few minutes of sunlight on my face while i poop scooped the yard, improved mood while in sun, BRUXISM, continuing to follow my schedule to move my giant nightly 900mg gabapentin dose into 3 even doses of 300mg each 8 hours apart on schedule

"(start dose: gabapentin 900mg 1x nightly)

3/1/2019:                                   8pm: 900mg

(21 days to switch to 3x daily)

3/2/2019:       7pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/3/2019:       6pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/4/2019:       5pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/5/2019:       4pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/6/2019:       3pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/7/2019:       2pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/8/2019:       1pm: 300mg     8pm: 600mg

3/9/2019:     Noon: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/10/2019:  11am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/11/2019:  10am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/12/2019:    9am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/13/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 600mg

3/14/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg            9pm: 300mg

3/15/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg          10pm: 300mg

3/16/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg          11pm: 300mg

3/17/2019:    8am: 300mg      8pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/18/2019:    8am: 300mg      7pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/19/2019:    8am: 300mg      6pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/20/2019:    8am: 300mg      5pm: 300mg       Midnite: 300mg

3/21/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

(plus a week long hold following the switch before making any other changes)

3/22/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/23/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/24/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/25/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/26/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/27/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

3/28/2019:    8am: 300mg      4pm: 300mg      Midnite: 300mg

(if symptoms arise, hold further until symptoms disappear)"

"...continuing to follow my schedule to move my giant nightly 900mg gabapentin dose into 3 even doses of 300mg each 8 hours apart on schedule (see: my gabapentin switcheroo schedule:"