Help777

Favourite self help book

Help777

What has been your favourite self help book, that has helped you through this?

BB1979

By far Road to Recovery by Baylissa Frederick.  Read the entire thing in almost one sitting.  Hope I got the name and author correct but it’s from memory because I don’t have it in front of me.  And memory is a little wonky at this stage.  

I also just purchased Switch on Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf.  Haven’t started it yet but heard some of her lectures someone posted on another thread and found her very insightful and interesting.  Her talks are based on science and Christianity.  

Nelly

Highly sensitive person - how to thrive when the world overwhelmed you Elaine N Aaron 

India

Mindfulness for Health, Vidyamala Birch (see image) is gently helpful. Including the chapter: "Everyday is a New Chance". It includes experiences of  those in predicaments including life-changing accidents, chronic pain from operations and health conditions. The ideas are transferrable.

The Doors of Perception, Aldous Huxley

As Huxley's eye sight deteriorated, desperate and in search of a solution, he turns to mescaline and so pens this stunningly  piece of writing on his experience of it, that is at once a philosophical homage, a nod to Castaneda and Blake, and a mystical poem to humanity. Inspiring much of the counter-culture of the 60s, but for  me it stands out as a journey through the 'eyes' of  a beautiful mind as he tries to come to terms with the loss of the visual world *- tremendously healing and transformative. 

"Given his damaged sight, the book's emphasis on the visual is all the more piquant, complicating the question of how much its visions reveal"  https://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/jan/26/doors-perception-huxley-mescaline-reading-group

https://maps.org/images/pdf/books/HuxleyA1954TheDoorsOfPerception.pd

fMindfulness_for_Health1.thumb.jpg.aadb6a44578a7f591d09b8e31fa1d17c.jpg51QLCYvl7XL._SY445_QL70_.jpg.80d68f1ff29c02625fc35345e3f94165.jpg

Erell

Sharon Salzberg : she wrote several books about the power of love, and give tools To learn love-méditation. 

It helps me To give some love To myself.