Lukielass: occasional use Diazepam 18 years - need help to reinstate please

Lukielass

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Lukielass said:

Also I got a good report from the Opthalmologist Friday. Turns out I don’t have glaucoma and my nerve tissue has even gotten thicker in both retinas (very unusual) and they detected no visual field loss. I can still see lots of blind spots with the Amsler grid at home tho. He said the dying off of the nerve tissue in my right eye was due to loss of blood flow for some reason possibly related to complicated appendicitis with septic shock in 2016. So the fact it’s not another chronic degenerative condition to add to my list is a weight off my shoulders!

This is great news, Lukie. Very nice update. 

17 hours ago, Lukielass said:

Regarding non drug ways to deal with arthritis pain, can you point me in the right direction for suggestions?

I’m using lots of ginger, turmeric and magnesium oil. I also rub peppermint oil on the affected areas and that seems to help. Hot baths with epsom salt seem to make it worse for some reason. 

Sounds like you're already finding some great non-drug methods. To add to your list, you may want to check out restorative yoga for arthritis: 

Restorative Yoga for Aching Joints - Yoga for Arthritis video (17 minutes)

If this video doesn't look helpful, you can search on YouTube for beginner's restorative yoga for targeting various parts of the body that are in pain. 

And here are more ideas:

Non-drug techniques for dealing with body pain

You may want to check out some of Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn's talks on mindfulness for pain. He has a ton of videos on YouTube, such as this one: 

Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD – Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief (Audio) video (10.5 minutes)