Tangirl: need guidance and help from being on Effexor

Tangirl

Hi everyone!

So I was on 75mg 1x non-extended for 14 years. 

I got sick in May with diverticulitis (blame the Effexor for GI issues) and Went off my med because I couldn’t keep it down...I know😔

So fast forward to the past 10 months it’s been hell.

I was doing okay (ish) up until September when the panic attacks started (never had those before.) After exhausting all hormone and blood work I decided I had to go back on something. I was a successful business owner. I’ve tried many drugs and they all give me Wired energy within the first 2 days. I was hospitalized in October because pristiq Wired me so much. I have been through so much. I have tried TMS also gives me crazy anxiety.

I’ve seen functional doctors, have done genetic test to see what’s wrong with my genes. I had to go back to psychiatrist yesterday because something is wrong. 
Did Effexor ruin me? Any guidance? I just need my life back. Has anyone had this kind of reaction being off of it? Am I still detoxing?

Edited by ChessieCat
added space

Effexor 75mg 14 years went off in May 2018. because I was sick with diverticulitis (no taper) 

in September 2018 they tried me on lexapro, Ativan, rameron, pristiq low doses. 

Went in hospital in October they did klonopin and seroquel. Worked while in hospital.

3 different Doctors tried, November-December 2018  trintlex, lomitcol, abilify, January 2019 restoril,cymbolta and All low doses and they give me manic energy.

Also did 21 sessions of TMS in January-February 2019

Ive tried everything, my husband took me back to original psychiatrist and he put me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin still. 

Prozac for 10 days, doctor pulled me off.

stayed on zyprexa for 4 weeks dr. Stopped 

klonopin  was as needed.

last time I took was .25 1 time 3 weeks ago

Its 5/3/19 now haven’t had any in 3 weeks.

yes all have been C/T by the doctors  

• ChessieCat changed the title to Name change requested: need guidance and help from being on Effexor
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tangirl

• Altostrata

• Shep

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tangirl and welcome to SA,

To get you started please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Once we know your drug history we will be better able to offer suggestions.

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to Tangirl: need guidance and help from being on Effexor

I am 14 months off Effexor now. Anxiety is bad and a bunch of other problems which haven't been great mainly brain fog, headaches and feeling spaced out are the hardest to deal with. I was on Effexor for 15+ years at 75mg daily. What other symptoms do you have?

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch

Severe anxiety, depression, losing weight, lost my joy, no motivation, guilt, don’t want to live, isolating.

I was none of these things before. I had a very blessed life. I wasn’t even like this when I went on the drug. 

Ive tried other drugs MANY but I’m so sensitive. I’ve been to many doctors too, all kinds. I had to go back to a psychiatrist 

becuse Im in such crisis. He is putting me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin.

Im so lost with my health. 

Effexor 75mg 14 years went off in May 2018. because I was sick with diverticulitis (no taper) 

Went in hospital in October they did klonopin and seroquel. Worked while in hospital.

3 different Doctors tried, November-December 2018  trintlex, lomitcol, abilify, January 2019 restoril,cymbolta and All low doses and they give me manic energy.

Ive tried everything, my husband took me back to original psychiatrist and he put me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin still. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Before you start taking any new drugs, please create your drug signature.

Not many medical professionals understand about withdrawal syndrome from going off psychiatric drugs.

Many times their response is to do exactly what your doctor is proposing and throwing a cocktail of drugs at you.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

protracted-withdrawal-or-paws-post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome-how-long-does-it-last

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

What we see is that going on and off psychiatric drugs and having adverse reactions to them causes the nervous system to be hypersensitive to drugs and sometimes supplements and even foods.

• Administrator

Welcome,Tangirl.

Yes, your nervous system has been destabilized by cold-turkeying Effexor in May and then all the other drugs, which caused kindling.

Are you taking lithium, Trileptal, and Klonopin? What dosages? How do you feel?

If you haven't started them, please do not take all the drugs at once, if you get a bad reaction, you won't know what caused it. Let's talk first.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Just started the lithium and I don’t want to start the trileptal but my husband (who is amazing and supportive) wants me to try it. He has supported me with every doctor but he doesn’t know what to do anymore, either do I. I’m at the end and don’t want to fight anymore. I had a blessed life before all this. Never had panic attacks or anxiety like this EVER. No appetite, losing weight, no joy, feel numb, don’t want to live... I’ve never been like this. People said to reinstate but I was on pristiq the brother drug and it gave me crazy manic energy.Im in therapy but I’m not stable so it’s not working. Nothing is working😔

Im in DFW TEXAS if anyone has a good doctor here. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, Tangirl said:

Just started the lithium and I don’t want to start the trileptal but my husband (who is amazing and supportive) wants me to try it

Please follow Alto's advice about only starting one drug at a time:

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

please do not take all the drugs at once, if you get a bad reaction, you won't know what caused it.

I Just started the lithium and I don’t want to start the trileptal but my husband (who is amazing and supportive) wants me to try it. He has supported me with every doctor but he doesn’t know what to do anymore, either do I. I’m at the end and don’t want to fight anymore. I had a blessed life before all this. Never had panic attacks or anxiety like this EVER. No appetite, losing weight, no joy, feel numb, don’t want to live... I’ve never been like this. People said to reinstate but I was on pristiq the brother drug and it gave me crazy manic energy.Im in therapy but I’m not stable so it’s not working. Nothing is working😔

Im in DFW TEXAS if anyone has a good doctor here. 

klonopin  was as needed.

What do I do though because I’ll lose this doctor. All doctors have given up on me. 

He doesn’t believe in this wd so I’m at a loss. I’m not going to survive this. I need help and support. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

How much lithium are you taking? Why did the doctor prescribe lithium?

What form is the Trileptal in? What is the dosage?

What is the dosage of the Klonopin?

Very, very few doctors know anything about tapering or withdrawal. Any doctor can prescribe psychiatric drugs. "Losing" this doctor is not losing much.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

300 mg 2x’s a day lithium 

150mg trileptal  capsule 

.5 mg klonopin as needed up to 4x a day 

He is trying to stabilize me 

I’m so scared. I can’t find a doctor in the area I live to walk this with me.

He new I was still sick and wants to help me. Again he is a smart man but only thinks in his psychiatrist world. 

He did a brain wave test on me and wants to try TMS again. He has the best ratings of getting people healthy and getting them off drugs. He doesn’t believe the protracted withdrawal though 😔

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

When did you start taking lithium? Has it had any effect?

Did this doctor tell you you would need blood tests to make sure the lithium isn't hurting your kidneys?

Why did you choose to take lithium first?

Nobody can find a doctor who understands withdrawal, the best you can do is find a doctor who will give you the prescriptions you need.

What prescription do I need?

He is not worried about blood work yet. 

Because I did a test and lithium showed up it could help. 

Looked like the withdrawals from the other ones are worse. 

Ive been to every type of doctor, can you guide or help me anymore?

im so lost and scared 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

Of those 3 drugs, lithium has the most serious side effects. How many lithium tablets have you taken? What was your reaction?

Have you filled the Trileptal prescription? It comes in tablets and liquids, no capsules.

Have you filled the Klonopin prescription?

Did this doctor tell you to take all these drugs at once? I wouldn't, put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

Yes, I’ve felt all three.

started the lithium on Thursday. So maybe 6 pills. 

What am I supposed to do? 

I have to follow doctors order or I won’t know. I want to be drug free but maybe I do need them. I’m so confused and lost. 

This is hard and I’m not getting any help or guidance. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, Tangirl said:

This is hard and I’m not getting any help or guidance. 

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Of those 3 drugs, lithium has the most serious side effects. How many lithium tablets have you taken? What was your reaction?

Have you filled the Trileptal prescription? It comes in tablets and liquids, no capsules.

Have you filled the Klonopin prescription?

Did this doctor tell you to take all these drugs at once? I wouldn't, put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

@SkyBlue

do you have any guidance? 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tangirl,

You said you are looking for guidance, and I just want to make sure that what Alto's written to you so far hasn't gotten lost in the shuffle.  When we are in the middle of WD, information seems overwhelming, so I'm going to repeat below the suggestions you've been given so far, okay?  Here we go:

1.) It's the opinion here on SA not to take all three of the new meds at once.  Because you have already started lithium, please pay careful attention to your reaction and let us know how you feel.

2.) Because you were given three prescriptions, you need to check and make sure there will be no bad interactions between the three.  Even though it's our opinion that you should only try one at a time, you still need to take the safety step of checking the interactions between lithium, trileptal, and klonopin.  You can check the interactions at the following link: 
https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1477-0,1765-1129,703-357

3.) Whatever results come up from the online Drug Interaction Checker, please copy and paste those results here in a reply.

Edited by WiggleIt
changed link to be direct; omitted repetitive wording

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

Okay!

so all that comes up is moderate. 

With all drugs is this:

i don’t know what to do because what if I do need them? This has been an awful road: 

I do have slight depression which is why O went on Effexor... nothing like this though, this is hell!! 

Im seriously scared for my life, never had feelings like this before: 

😔

Using lithium together with clonazePAMmay increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tangirl, please update your signature to reflect the year you went off Effexor and also the dates of going on any of the new drugs you listed.  Here is a direct link to your signature:

Account - Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

Is Lithium the only drug you've used in that list of new drugs? 

Please start a drug and symptoms journal in the below format. As you post this over the coming days, we can better help guide you. 

Please also include:

• any supplements you are taking
  • the number of hours you are sleeping

On 9/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Altostrata said:

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms. We ask this because there may be something we can do to reduce the symptoms.

What we need to see for every single day over several days is what symptoms you get before and after you take your drugs. If you're not taking any drugs and have withdrawal symptoms, we still need to see your symptom pattern throughout the day:

The time of day, dosage, and severity of symptoms are essential information. Include

- Time and dosage for all drugs taken throughout the day, psychiatric and non-psychiatric.

- Following each dose, note any symptoms. If you are having a reaction to the drug, it may take hours for a symptom to show up -- that's why we ask you to keep notes all day long.

- If you're not taking any drugs, your symptoms throughout the day.

- Your sleep pattern. Since so many drugs disturb sleep, if you find you're waking in the middle of the night, it could be from a drug you took earlier in the evening. If you're not taking any drugs, there may be ways you can improve your sleep.

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, looking something like this:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

I’m also taking klonopin, and lunesta to ale now. 

12:00 pm couldn’t fall asleep took .5 mg klonopin and 3 mg lunesta 

6:00 wake up in panic

7:00 start dry heaving.

8:00 sitting here in complete anxiety 

suppose to take lithium 300mg at 10:00 

stomach hits after usually and I’ve noticed the last 3 days I have rage and screaming fits (new) 😔

I take vitamin d 5,000 IU

dha omeg 1600

ortho probiotics

oil of oregano 

pyloricil

liposomal glutathione 

cbd oil 50ml dropper of 1500mg pharmacanna brand

bufferd vitamin C

was on other neurotransmitter support drugs by Dr. stewert in Austin (did his gene test) but stopped when I was prescribed the psych drugs. 

The only drug I was on was klonopin (as needed) for the past 3 weeks. Saw the psychiatrist doctor again Thursday 2/28/2018.

Took the trileptal 150 mg only 3 days. 

Dont know what to do should I take it? 

Should I take lithium? What if I do need this stuff? 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Tangirl said:

I’m also taking klonopin, and lunesta to ale now. 

12:00 pm couldn’t fall asleep took .5 mg klonopin and 3 mg lunesta 

6:00 wake up in panic

7:00 start dry heaving.

8:00 sitting here in complete anxiety 

suppose to take lithium 300mg at 10:00 

stomach hits after usually and I’ve noticed the last 3 days I have rage and screaming fits (new) 😔

I take vitamin d 5,000 IU

dha omeg 1600

ortho probiotics

oil of oregano 

pyloricil

liposomal glutathione 

cbd oil 50ml dropper of 1500mg pharmacanna brand

bufferd vitamin C

was on other neurotransmitter support drugs by Dr. stewert in Austin (did his gene test) but stopped when I was prescribed the psych drugs. 

The only drug I was on was klonopin (as needed) for the past 3 weeks. Saw the psychiatrist doctor again Thursday 2/28/2018.

Took the trileptal 150 mg only 3 days. 

Dont know what to do should I take it? 

Should I take lithium? What if I do need this stuff? 

Okay, let's stop here and take a deep breath.

Going on and off psychiatric drugs and having adverse reactions to drugs can make the nervous system hypersensitive to drugs, supplements, and sometimes foods -- as well as light, sound, normal stress. This is why you have the crazy anxiety -- your nervous system is in an uproar.

Very few doctors, even psychiatrists understand anything about adverse drug reactions and this kind of hypersensitive state. Usually, they overprescribe too many "brakes," just like your doctor did. Because your nervous system is struggling, TOO MUCH drug treatment upsets it even more.

My guess is the early-morning panic and dry-heaving are because you took TOO MANY drugs. You are getting a paradoxical reaction.

If I were you, I would:

1. Stop taking the lithium immediately. It is unlikely you will ever have a reason to touch this stuff again.

2. Put Trileptal aside for now.

3. Do not take Klonopin with Lunesta -- they do the same thing.

4. To get my nervous system to settle down, I would take 0.25mg Klonopin (no more than 0.25mg) 12 hours apart, probably at midnight and noon. For a sensitized nervous system, MORE IS NOT BETTER. Too much of anything might cause that paradoxical reaction.

Depending on the effect, I would stay on 0.25mg Klonopin twice a day for perhaps 1-2 weeks. (As Klonopin rather quickly incurs dependency, you may need to taper off.) If your nervous system settles down from Klonopin, you may be able to use some of the Trileptal to keep it calm instead. Tripletal is not an addictive drug the way Klonopin is.

5. Stop taking vitamin D for now, it can be stimulating.

Why are you taking oil of oregano. pyloricil, liposomal glutathione, bufferd vitamin C?

What effect has CBD oil (50ml dropper of 1500mg pharmacanna brand) had on you?

Please let us know how you're doing. Keep daily notes on paper with times of day for when you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right. Post your notes here in your Intro topic.

Already took the lithium today :( 

can’t tel quite yet but I think it makes me crawl in my skin. 

I think he prescribed for MDD  and I can’t take anything in the antidepressant family.

Didnt know that about vitamin d

I know vitamin B wired me MTHFR GENE.

Taking all the other vitamins for my gut. 

I had a test done and I have overgrowth of yeast and leaky gut (zonollian on stool)

trying to heal that and make my health better. It’s the route I was on until I crashed. Panic, anxiety, feelings of not living, depression. 

So just stick to klonopin up dosage?

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

I would not take any more lithium.

An adverse drug reaction is not MDD and can't be treated as such.

50 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Why are you taking oil of oregano. pyloricil, liposomal glutathione, bufferd vitamin C?

https://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/pyloricil/

Pyloricil includes ingredients such as mastic gum, bismuth citrate and zinc carnosine to promote microbial balance in the gastrointestinal tract and the stomach.

Zinc carnosine alone can be causing your symptoms.

I would stop taking Pyloricil and buffered C for your leaky gut. Include all supplements in your daily notes to see if others are causing symptoms.

Not sure what you mean by "Klonopin updosage." 0.25mg Klonopin twice a day = 0.5mg Klonopin per day.

I only take .5  you said to take .25 mg

so go down? 

I can’t sleep or stand the anxiety. 

klonopin  was as needed.

I actually am being taking into the hospital 😔

I wish I knew all this before taking a drug 14 years ago. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

Why are you going to the hospital?

The suggestion is

0.25mg Klonopin twice a day = 0.5mg Klonopin per day.

That would be 0.25mg Klonopin at noon and midnight, not 0.50mg Klonopin.

My doctor sent me in because I’m not doing well. 

I didn’t want to come but I’m spiraling and sucidial.

Effexor poisoned my body and I’m getting worse.

So sad these drugs and what they do.

my husband is scared and I’m scared. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tangirl, you don't have to take any drugs you don't want to. 

As Alto posted, some of your problems are likely coming from your supplements. The antidepressant withdrawal left your nervous system hyper-sensitive and now it is over-reacting to supplements. This is a very common phenomena in withdrawal. The simpler you can keep it, the better. 

20 hours ago, Tangirl said:

I’ve noticed the last 3 days I have rage and screaming fits (new)

And it looks like some of your new symptoms - rage and screaming fits - started with the lithium and perhaps the Klonopin / Lunesta combination. This also speaks to a hyper-sensitive nervous system. 

Or it could be from the TMS, which has unpredictable results with someone recovering from psychiatric drug withdrawal. 

With these type of symptoms (especially rage and acting out), in a hospital setting you are much more likely to be forced onto a drug. These articles may help you manage your emotions and keep you safe. 

Dealing with anger during SSRI withdrawal

Neuro emotions

• Administrator

Please let us know how you're doing.

So they put me on 10mg of Prozac and 2.5 of zyprexa. Klonopin.5mg 2x’s a day.

I got out Friday. The doctor in there was good and believed in protracted withdrawal and my genetic testing. 

I don’t want to be on antidepressants but since I went off Effexor the wrong way my central nervous System is in shock. 

I’m hoping this can stabilize me and then come off the right way.

im confused in if I should stay away from the supplements?? 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Tangirl, I wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm in the DFW area myself. My heart breaks for what you are going through. I recognize a great deal of myself in you. I too am a business owner, and I'm struggling to do the bare minimum at work so I don't lose all my clients, so I can relate. I also have a very supportive spouse just like you. But they don't know how to help us, as much as they want to. That's why it is so important to listen to the mods on this site. They have seen thousands of cases like yours and mine. They know what they're doing and they can help if we can stay calm and answer all their questions. When they get the information they need, they can provide advice based on your specific situation and their extensive and collective experience. And that's a helluva good deal.

I went off 50 mg Zoloft too quickly and crashed after 1 month off. I reinstated at 25mg in Nov of 2018 and am trying to stabilize at the moment. My anxiety has reached epic proportions and in fact, is there right now. So I know how traumatized and panicked you are to find yourself in this situation. I hope it helps to know that you aren't alone in this situation. You're going to be ok. Please reach out to me any time you need. Hugs!

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

Hi!

Im so upset this happened to me as I’m sure you can relate. I’m confused on how this site works.  I’m not very technologically savy and I’m just overwhelmed. 

Thank you for reaching out to me. 

People keep telling me to use this site but Like I said I’m confused in what to do or where to post. 

Facebook forums have me so confused too! 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

Lol...I know. I'm a technological zero myself. You will use your Intro page to post all your updates and questions. You don't start a new thread each time. 

I'm shocked and upset to find myself here too. I had my first and only panic attack in 2016 due to my mom's serious illness and a friend's death. Thought it was a heart attack so went to ER. They gave me 90 ativan and told me to take 3 a day, which I did, then tried to quit cold turkey because I didn't know any better. Was never told they were addictive. Doc then switched me to klonopin to taper and added in zoloft to "help" with the benzo withdrawal. Gee, thanks doc. Finished my klonopin taper in 15 months, no problem. Then doc said I could just quit zoloft. I was skeptical, so I decided to take a whole month, thinking I was being super careful. Of course, I crashed really hard, and reinstated at 25 mg before I found this site. I probably reinstated too high, but it is what it is now, I guess. Haven't started my taper yet; still trying to stabilize. Imagine my panic and anxiety when I realized I had to do this all over again. I was - and still am - totally triggered. 

How are you feeling today?

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave