Tangirl: need guidance and help from being on Effexor

Tangirl

• Moderator Emeritus
28 minutes ago, Tangirl said:

I’m confused in what to do or where to post. 

Each member has their own Introduction topic where they can post questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  This keeps a member's history in one place.

Please continue to post here in your own Introduction topic.  You might like to bookmark it or click follow at the top right.  The other way to find your topic again is to click on the drop down arrow next to your name (top right of screen) and click on Profile then click on See My Activity which is on the right hand side of the screen opposite where you will see your avatar, T in a green circle.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tangirl

• Altostrata

• Shep

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks @ChessieCat, you explained it far better than I could!! Hope you are well today.

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Each member has their own Introduction topic where they can post questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  This keeps a member's history in one place.

Please continue to post here in your own Introduction topic.  You might like to bookmark it or click follow at the top right.  The other way to find your topic again is to click on the drop down arrow next to your name (top right of screen) and click on Profile then click on See My Activity which is on the right hand side of the screen opposite where you will see your avatar, T in a green circle.

Doing this all from my phone, don’t have computer at this moment 😔

I’m so overwhelmed with my health.

I have to stabilize before I taper. 

I don’t even know how to do that. 

I was hoping this new RX (even though I don’t want to be on them) 

I was/am so bad that I had to be stabilized. 

Im so lost in my health. 

Should I stop all supplements right now? 

Effexor 75mg 14 years went off in May 2018. because I was sick with diverticulitis (no taper) 

in September 2018 they tried me on lexapro, Ativan, rameron, pristiq low doses. 

Went in hospital in October they did klonopin and seroquel. Worked while in hospital.

3 different Doctors tried, November-December 2018  trintlex, lomitcol, abilify, January 2019 restoril,cymbolta and All low doses and they give me manic energy.

Also did 21 sessions of TMS in January-February 2019

Ive tried everything, my husband took me back to original psychiatrist and he put me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin still. 

Prozac for 10 days, doctor pulled me off.

stayed on zyprexa for 4 weeks dr. Stopped 

klonopin  was as needed.

last time I took was .25 1 time 3 weeks ago

Its 5/3/19 now haven’t had any in 3 weeks.

yes all have been C/T by the doctors  

• Moderator Emeritus

I feel you. I just had a crying spell on my poor husband's shoulder. I'm still trying to stabilize as well. We'll get there. Then all this won't seem so insurmountable.

I navigate this site exclusively from my cell phone, since I don't often feel like sitting up right now. If I turn my screen sideways (horizontal), I can see everything. Give it a try.

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

Okay, so do I just wait for an administrator to reply to this thread? I’m not sure what to do.

Effexor 75mg 14 years went off in May 2018. because I was sick with diverticulitis (no taper) 

Went in hospital in October they did klonopin and seroquel. Worked while in hospital.

3 different Doctors tried, November-December 2018  trintlex, lomitcol, abilify, January 2019 restoril,cymbolta and All low doses and they give me manic energy.

Ive tried everything, my husband took me back to original psychiatrist and he put me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin still. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/5/2019 at 4:32 AM, Altostrata said:

Keep daily notes on paper with times of day for when you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right. Post your notes here in your Intro topic.

So that we can best assess your situation we need you to keep daily symptom notes on paper and post them here in your Introduction topic each day.

Example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Tangirl said:

So they put me on 10mg of Prozac and 2.5 of zyprexa. Klonopin.5mg 2x’s a day.

I got out Friday. The doctor in there was good and believed in protracted withdrawal and my genetic testing. 

I don’t want to be on antidepressants but since I went off Effexor the wrong way my central nervous System is in shock. 

I’m hoping this can stabilize me and then come off the right way.

im confused in if I should stay away from the supplements?? 

Tangirl, when did you start all these drugs? What times of day do you take each of your drugs, at what dosage? How do you feel now?

What is the doctor's plan for the drugs?

Yes, stop your supplements for now, that will simplify your situation a bit.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Tangirl, when did you start all these drugs? What times of day do you take each of your drugs, at what dosage? How do you feel now?

What is the doctor's plan for the drugs?

Yes, stop your supplements for now, that will simplify your situation a bit.

I take Prozac 10 mg aroundand 2.5 or .5 (depends on anxiety) around 8am

the zyprexa 2.5 around 9pm

He was trying to stabilize me.

not sure of the long term plan since it was the hospital. See my psychiatrist who sent me in tomorrow.

I have appetite back a little bit that’s really about it. Still anxious for no reason and still feel helpless, sad and no joy. It is a week today tha I have been on them. 

klonopin  was as needed.

Hello Tangirl,

I am really sorry for what you are going through.  I am helping my son get through  protracted WD of  Effexor.  It is a terrible drug. The first  year I was with him 24/7.  I think we also took him off it too quickly.

I just want to tell you what made a major shift was changing his diet. It might be something to look into. Dr Kelly Brogan talks about it in her book, "A Mind of Your Own".  She is an MD whose specialty is getting people off these drug.  She also has a web site. Thank God your husband is so supportive. You need a lot of love and support  to get through this.  I just want to add one more thing. I read every thing now, except for the material presented by the pharmaceutical co..  I question everything. I wish I did that in the beginning.  I hope this is helpful.

Effexor  started               1/4 tablet    Nov. 12, 2014

up to                   87.5 mg .     Jan.  2, 2015

started taper                         Jan. 3, 2015

finished taper                       Feb.  3, 2015

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Tangirl said:

I take Prozac 10 mg aroundand 2.5 or .5 (depends on anxiety) around 8am

the zyprexa 2.5 around 9pm

He was trying to stabilize me.

not sure of the long term plan since it was the hospital. See my psychiatrist who sent me in tomorrow.

I have appetite back a little bit that’s really about it. Still anxious for no reason and still feel helpless, sad and no joy. It is a week today tha I have been on them. 

Do you feel better on these 3 drugs?

You can get dependent on Klonopin within a couple of weeks.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

13 hours ago, wisconsin said:

Hello Tangirl,

I am really sorry for what you are going through.  I am helping my son get through  protracted WD of  Effexor.  It is a terrible drug. The first  year I was with him 24/7.  I think we also took him off it too quickly.

I just want to tell you what made a major shift was changing his diet. It might be something to look into. Dr Kelly Brogan talks about it in her book, "A Mind of Your Own".  She is an MD whose specialty is getting people off these drug.  She also has a web site. Thank God your husband is so supportive. You need a lot of love and support  to get through this.  I just want to add one more thing. I read every thing now, except for the material presented by the pharmaceutical co..  I question everything. I wish I did that in the beginning.  I hope this is helpful.

I’m so upset over this whole thing. I need to move forward but can’t. I wanted to be off the drug so bad. Since I was already sick and down I thought it was the time.

The withdrawal was hard but I wish I knew about this protracted withdrawal. I researched how to supplement and support my system and this never came up.

I hate being back on a drug but if the Prozac can stabilize me and then do this the right way. Good Doctors are hard to come by😔

I’m overwhelmed with all the information and books people want me to read (I don’t enjoy reading.) My family is supportive but it’s taking a toll on him/them. 

How is your son now? 

klonopin  was as needed.

3 minutes ago, Tangirl said:

I’m so upset over this whole thing. I need to move forward but can’t. I wanted to be off the drug so bad. Since I was already sick and down I thought it was the time.

The withdrawal was hard but I wish I knew about this protracted withdrawal. I researched how to supplement and support my system and this never came up.

I hate being back on a drug but if the Prozac can stabilize me and then do this the right way. Good Doctors are hard to come by😔

I’m overwhelmed with all the information and books people want me to read (I don’t enjoy reading.) My family is supportive but it’s taking a toll on him/them. 

How is your son now? 

He is a lot better then where he use to be, but he does not have his cognitive and executive function back to where it was, yet. So I do all the reading and research. The shift started a  1 1/2 ago when he became very strict with the diet.  Absolutely no sugar or white flour. Even if you can't read her book you should at least look on her web site . I just saw a success story on this site about a woman talking about how she followed Kelly Brogan's program and healed. It is worth googling.  I know what you are going through; I saw my son go through it .  The acute phase is rough, but I think I could have helped him more if I knew what I know now and I am still learning.

15 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

He is a lot better then where he use to be, but he does not have his cognitive and executive function back to where it was, yet. So I do all the reading and research. The shift started a  1 1/2 ago when he became very strict with the diet.  Absolutely no sugar or white flour. Even if you can't read her book you should at least look on her web site . I just saw a success story on this site about a woman talking about how she followed Kelly Brogan's program and healed. It is worth googling.  I know what you are going through; I saw my son go through it .  The acute phase is rough, but I think I could have helped him more if I knew what I know now and I am still learning.

He is so blessed to have you! You’re an amazing mom. I don’t have that kind of support. I’m the one who does the research. My husband thinks it makes me worse, sometimes I agree. When you read some stories my heart breaks and fear sneaks in. I get the cognitive and Decision decision making. I feel like I’m stuck.

I use to be an independent, positive woman. I hate the negativie person mindset that I’m in. I’m doing therapy but it’s not working. My husband gets frustrated with because I can’t change my mindset. This is one of the hardest thing for me don’t know how to get back and I feel like I work so hard at it. 

klonopin  was as needed.

It has been really hard, but it is going to be fine. I am grateful that i can stay home and take care of him. I think you have a clear mind by your writings. You're going to get better just please go on this site. There are some really good testimonials.   https://kellybroganmd.com/start-here/

I’ll try and read. 

I was told to be on Paleo diet but I lost so much weight with all this that I have to eat what I can (I have no appetite.) 

I also don’t eat red meat, fish, pork. 

I have no one to take care of me  like you do your son. 

My family is all up north and we are in Texas. 

What supplements work for your son?

I can’t figure out what supplements give me more anxiety.

i think someone on here said b vitamins and D. 

My issure is the anxiety and being revved up

klonopin  was as needed.

Hi Tangirl,

I am one of the mods from the Venlafaxine support group you are in on Facebook. I really know how you feel. When I first arrived on this forum I was panicking and had very intense symptoms just like you are now. I know what a frightening experience it is. It feels like your life as you know it is disappearing down the plug hole and there's nothing you can do about it. Well there is, but it does take an extreme amount of patience. You must try to listen to the people here who are trying to help you. I sure wish I had because it would have saved me from a whole world of pain I could have avoided.If only I'd taken their advice, rather than listening to a doctor.

I really wish you well. You will recover, but its going to take time.

Good luck.

Caspur

2011 - started Venlafaxine (again) at 75mg Raised to 150 mg at some point - unsure of dates. Reduced back down to 75 mg. Doctor advised this would be a lifetime, maintenance dose

2017 - Side effects now intolerable. Started taper from June 15th - 5% dose reduction steps (two 12 hourly doses).

2017 - October 20th - took last dose of Venlafaxine - 4 mg. Debilitating symptoms followed.

2017/18 - diazepam - 8mg/day for 1 month - 7 week taper Feb 2018

2017/18 - duloxetine - max 90mg - now stopped

2018 - Feb 25mg quetiapine, increased to 50mg.

2018 - March/April - increased venlafaxine slowly (10mg steps) to 75 mg/day. Recovery from withdrawal followed.

2018 - July 13 - stopped quetiapine after 2 month taper. Late July - had to reinstate quetiapine due to intolerable withdrawal. Now tapering from 25mg

2019 - June - stopped quetiapine after 10 month taper. Mild insomnia only symptom.

2021 - June - venlafaxine approx 6.0 mg see Taper history details

He sees a very good doctor in NYC (started 9 months ago) who put him on his supplements. Everyone is different so I am not sure if it is right for you. But I know he takes D , Mg and b vitamins. 

I think the moderators here know better to help you.

You will get through this acute stage and then you can focus more on healing.

• Administrator

We cannot help unless you answer our questions.

15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Do you feel better on these 3 drugs?

You can get dependent on Klonopin within a couple of weeks.

Do you feel better now? What times of day do you take your drugs and their dosages? What is your current daily symptom pattern? How has it changed since before you took these 3 drugs?

49 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We cannot help unless you answer our questions.

Do you feel better now? What times of day do you take your drugs and their dosages? What is your current daily symptom pattern? How has it changed since before you took these 3 drugs?

I thought I did answer sorry.

tanking the klonopin as needed. The last few days I’ve only taking it in the morning and cutting .5mg in half. 

Im feeling a little more stable on the Prozac 10mg take in the morning and 

zyprexa 5mg at night. 

The doctor does believe in gut health and said vitamins, minerals and probiotics are good. I’m not having any side effects.

You said vitamin D could rev me up?

I’m staying away from vitam b.

Trying to figure out how to stabilize on drug and yet build up my CNS. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/12/2019 at 3:06 AM, ChessieCat said:

So that we can best assess your situation we need you to keep daily symptom notes on paper and post them here in your Introduction topic each day.

Example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

This is an example of a symptom log that is helpful. Try to record your symptoms in this way.

7 hours ago, Tangirl said:

tanking the klonopin as needed. The last few days I’ve only taking it in the morning and cutting .5mg in half.

Taking klonopin as needed prevents stabilizing. If you can't do without it (which we strongly recommend) you will need to pick the lowest possible dose and take it consistently.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

13 hours ago, bubble said:

This is an example of a symptom log that is helpful. Try to record your symptoms in this way.

Taking klonopin as needed prevents stabilizing. If you can't do without it (which we strongly recommend) you will need to pick the lowest possible dose and take it consistently.

6:00 wake up with anxiety

(every day)

8:00 take 10mg of Prozac 

usually take 1/2 .5mg klonopin 

trying not to today 

8:30 ate breakfast 

10-12 still feel anxious and depressed 

12:00 took DHA OMEGA,

magnesium powder by Garden of life. 

1tsp mixed with juice.

I know there is more hours to the day but this is where I’m at now. 

I don’t know what to do. 

I’m so anxious and sad.

I know it takes time but how do I stabilize without klonopin? I understand what you are saying but how do you taper it?

Should I not yet since I just got out of hospital and trying to stabilize? 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

Please update your signature with the information about your latest drug cocktail.

How long have you been taking Klonopin this time around?

The way you stabilize without Klonopin is by being patient and letting nervous system settle down. Looking at your drug history, it seems you haven't allowed this since you went off Effexor in May 2018. It's been one cocktail after another. This keeps your nervous system in an uproar. Are you sure you want to minimize your drugs? You're going to have to develop some coping techniques.

How do you feel without Klonopin today?

Will do.

I was drug free from May when I stopped Effexor until September. I just went off Effexor the wrong way. I just stopped taking it. I didn’t know anything about protracted withdrawal. 

Thats when I seaked out help in September.

You are right it’s been a mess since then.

Then I tried TMS and I got worse, think that was over stimulating me too. 

No doctors believe me. I now see from groups that they won’t. I’m in therapy and learning coping skills but they are not working.

I had to take the 1/2 of .5 klonopin around 3:00pm yesterday. My anxiety was so bad (no reason for me to be anxious)

I do want to be med free but since I stoped a drug that I was on for 14 years my system is in shock. Hoping that the Prozac works to stabilize and I can come off the right way in time. 

Everything I’m trying is not working and I was not wanting to live. 

What are your thoughts and suggestions? 

klonopin  was as needed.

• 1 month later...

I’m so BAD!!! I can’t function, I’m not living just  existing. 

I know no more drugs but yet see where it has pulled people out of crisis and then taper the right way. Can anyone explain to me why this doesn’t work? I was on Effexor which you know is awful. Someone told me nothing trumps that drug. I know it’s a 50/50 but I’m not stable at all!!!

what do I do? Help!!!

klonopin  was as needed.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:52 AM, Altostrata said:

Please update your signature with the information about your latest drug cocktail.

How long have you been taking Klonopin this time around?

The way you stabilize without Klonopin is by being patient and letting nervous system settle down. Looking at your drug history, it seems you haven't allowed this since you went off Effexor in May 2018. It's been one cocktail after another. This keeps your nervous system in an uproar. Are you sure you want to minimize your drugs? You're going to have to develop some coping techniques.

How do you feel without Klonopin today?

I know no more drugs but yet see where it has pulled people out of crisis and then taper the right way. Can anyone explain to me why this doesn’t work? I was on Effexor which you know is awful. Someone told me nothing trumps that drug. I know it’s a 50/50 but I’m not stable at all!!!

what do I do? Help!!!

klonopin  was as needed.

Tangirl, The mods will help you.   But,  you must follow their requests for daily notes, hour-by-hour for the entire day, each day, including each and every dose of meds, as well as your symptoms and how you react to the meds.    The mods here are more knowledgeable in withdrawal that most doctors.   Please help the mods help you.  Please provide the information in the format requested.   

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

I’m not on any drugs right now.

I don’t sleep, I shake, I can’t function, losing so much weight, heart pounding, adrenaline non stop, akathesia, feel flat no emotions, don’t want to live (scary), such negative thoughts, electric shooting pains, 

Some one said neuros emotions??

Im like a 5 year old, I pace all day long but yet can’t sleep always feel revved up! This is HELL!! Help!!

klonopin  was as needed.

21 minutes ago, Gracee said:

Tangirl, The mods will help you.   But,  you must follow their requests for daily notes, hour-by-hour for the entire day, each day, including each and every dose of meds, as well as your symptoms and how you react to the meds.    The mods here are more knowledgeable in withdrawal that most doctors.   Please help the mods help you.  Please provide the information in the format requested.   

I don’t have a format since this is every hour of the day. None of my coping skills work because my symptoms are so bad!! 

I haven’t been on any drugs for 3 weeks. 

Only supplement is mag gly 400mg 2x a day. Drinking water, chamomile tea, chicken and vegetables. 

Can going back on Effexor pull my body out of this????

klonopin  was as needed.

• Moderator Emeritus

From your signature:

Taking 10mg of Prozac in am, 5mg zyprexa in pm and 1/2 .5mg klonopin as needed. 

How long were you on these drugs? Please update your signature so the mods can easily read your drug history. The full instructions are here:

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

18 hours ago, Tangirl said:

I haven’t been on any drugs for 3 weeks. 

Did you cold turkey the Prozac, Zyprexa, and Klonopin? 

18 hours ago, Tangirl said:

Can going back on Effexor pull my body out of this????

You went off Effexor in May 2018, which is a year ago. 

Since that time, you've been on many other drugs. 

On 3/15/2019 at 12:52 AM, Altostrata said:

Quoting what Alto posted in March.  If you want to get off the polydrugging merry-go-round, you need to develop some coping skills. 

Please update your signature so we have a timeframe for when you were on the last cocktail of Prozac, Zyprexa, and Klonopin. And then we can better answer your questions. 

Please also see:

What do you mean by self-manage?

Okay, I updated the best I could. My brain is not working the best. Yes, the doctors have C/T me every time. The thing is I was only ever on one drug that was giving to me for aches and pains. I didn’t know what was happening when this hit me in September. The panic attacks, weight/muscle loss, adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, not sleeping. 

I trusted the doctors but every med made me worse. Found out when it was to late, then family kept putting me in hospitals.

they didn’t believe all this (still don’t) 

my life is ruined. Been in therapy learning coping skills but nothing works. My symptoms are so bad. 

Now the dr/dp neuro-emotions, not living are killing me. My whole life robbed and my family’s. 

I just want my body out of crisis. 

They tell me this is the best place for help.

im a shell of a person just withering away.

my parents are taking care of me. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator
On 5/2/2019 at 8:11 AM, Tangirl said:

what do I do? Help!!!

Tangirl, why did you go off those drugs when it seemed they were helping a little bit? It was Zyprexa, Klonopin, and Prozac for the last round, correct? How did you go off them?

I don't even know what you mean by reinstatement, you've been on so many drugs, we wouldn't know what to reinstate. "Someone told me nothing trumps that drug." -- Ignore rumors, you need to address your own particular situation.

Randomly trying drug combinations, switching drugs, and quitting them suddenly does the opposite of stabilizing. You have been working against yourself.

Do you have any Klonopin left?

The doctors would pull me off of them. They ramped up my energy every time. 

I went if Effexor last May because I couldn’t keep the medication down. I got through withdrawal but then September hit! That’s when all this crazy stuff happened. I had no clue about protracted withdrawal. The panic, adrenaline, weight loss, etc.. was horrible. I never related it to going off Effexor. Was on it for off label uses, not anxiety or depression. 

Thats when I seemed help. No drugs ever worked I just kept getting worse. That’s when I found out what was really happening. Nothing to go back on nothing ever helped in this whole process. 

I was wanting to know about reinstating Effexor? It’s the only thing I can think of. That was the comment about nothing trumps this drug. 

Is that the drug my body is missing? 

I know we are against taking drugs but if O stabilize? 

Is it too late or risky? 

I’m just so bad. 

klonopin  was as needed.

Tangirl,

One step at a time.  Please answer for the mods:

1.  Do you have any Klonopin?

2.  Is anyone with you monitoring you?

3.  Are you putting no drugs at all into your body?

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

Okay, I’m trying.

1.yes, I have klonopin but have not taking it.

2. My parents have been with me. They made me go see a GP last night. They don’t get this all and think a doctor can help.

3. The only drug I have put in was some Cbd oil, and a medical indica pill last night to see if it would help with sleep. 

Im in a hard place because my family has to take care of me, but yet can’t do it anymore. I’m hurting everyone. They still think a medication can help me. I can’t get them to accept this. They keep trying to put me back in the hospitals😔

I’m in such shape..physical and everything.

I have kids and a husband and bills I can’t take care of. Gosh I had such a great life. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator

What were the circumstances of your going off Zyprexa, Klonopin, and Prozac?

Please stay as calm as possible. You are having a withdrawal reaction. Your family won't know what this is, and it's unlikely you'll find a doctor who knows anything about it.

If you beg for your family and husband to help you, the best they can do is take you to a hospital. You're going to have to ask your family to give you support but let you figure this out for yourself. Do not bring them into the drama. They cannot make decisions for you, and doctors will likely want to give you a drug cocktail again.

You're not under court order or a minor, correct?

For what reason were you prescribed Klonopin, how much do you have?

No, I’m 40 and no court order but my family is scared. They don’t want me back in hospital. I try to keep to myself but it’s so hard. These Neuro emotions are Hell!

i can’t function AT ALL. 

The doctors stopped the Prozac and zyprexa. The Prozac 10mg was revving me up, like all these drugs have.

i was put in the hospital last October and the doctor there put me on klonopin.

Again, I didn’t know what was happening to me. I C/T off Effexor and it hit me 3 months later.

so I got treated as anxiety.

i actually came out of hospital feeling better but then it changed 2 weeks later.

because this is Withdrawal.

so the klonopin I have has only been filled twice and barley used.

I see now that I was prescribed it wrong. 

With the daily use to the as needed. 

This is all started though with the Effexor 

The klonopin does not calm me down or make me sleep. 

Im not sleeping at all.

I hear this is the best site for help. 

What should I do to stabilize 

klonopin  was as needed.