Tangirl: need guidance and help from being on Effexor

Tangirl

Since you are not taking any meds at all now, has it been suggested to you to take a

small dose of klonopin,

three times a day,

every day 

at the same times each day

the same dose each time

until you stabilize?   

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2002- Paxil - 20 mg (3 WD attempts: 2005, 2008, 2010)

2011 - 30 mg 

2018 - 40 mg- Sept to Nov} {Dec - 37.5}

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tangirl

• Altostrata

• Shep

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Gracee said:

Since you are not taking any meds at all now, has it been suggested to you to take a

small dose of klonopin,

three times a day,

every day 

at the same times each day

the same dose each time

until you stabilize?   

Please don't give tapering advice. The advice to take a small dose of klonopin was twice a day (not three times a day) and it was given by Alto prior to Tangirl's latest set of drug changes.

We are still trying to get information in order to give advice. 

3 minutes ago, Shep said:

Please don't give tapering advice. The advice to take a small dose of klonopin was twice a day (not three times a day) and it was given by Alto prior to Tangirl's latest set of drug changes.

Thank you!! I gave bruspar too..5mg...only took 2 have that RX. 

I know we want to be drug free but what can pull my body out of crisis?

A doctor awhile back said to try pamelor...i know that is not what we want and they have tried me on so many in a short time. 

Just need to get out of crisis.

Effexor 75mg 14 years went off in May 2018. because I was sick with diverticulitis (no taper) 

in September 2018 they tried me on lexapro, Ativan, rameron, pristiq low doses. 

Went in hospital in October they did klonopin and seroquel. Worked while in hospital.

3 different Doctors tried, November-December 2018  trintlex, lomitcol, abilify, January 2019 restoril,cymbolta and All low doses and they give me manic energy.

Also did 21 sessions of TMS in January-February 2019

Ive tried everything, my husband took me back to original psychiatrist and he put me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin still. 

Prozac for 10 days, doctor pulled me off.

stayed on zyprexa for 4 weeks dr. Stopped 

klonopin  was as needed.

last time I took was .25 1 time 3 weeks ago

Its 5/3/19 now haven’t had any in 3 weeks.

yes all have been C/T by the doctors  

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Tangirl said:

The doctors stopped the Prozac and zyprexa. The Prozac 10mg was revving me up, like all these drugs have.

i was put in the hospital last October and the doctor there put me on klonopin.

. . .  .

so the klonopin I have has only been filled twice and barley used.

. . . . .

The klonopin does not calm me down or make me sleep. 

Im not sleeping at all.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Tangirl said:

I’m also taking klonopin, and lunesta

I'm quoting parts of your latest post plus a quote from March because you were taking both Klonopin and Lunesta. 

How long were you taking Lunesta? Although Lunesta is not a benzodiazepine, it does affect GABA in a similar way as Klonopin, so you may have developed a dependency. 

How many Klonopon pills did you take back in February / March, the time frame when you were on Klonopin and Lunesta? 

When you say that Klonopin does not calm you down or help with sleep, when is the last time you took it? At what dose? 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Tangirl said:

I take vitamin d 5,000 IU

dha omeg 1600

ortho probiotics

oil of oregano 

pyloricil

liposomal glutathione 

cbd oil 50ml dropper of 1500mg pharmacanna brand

bufferd vitamin C

Are you still taking these supplements? If not, please list any you are taking. 

1 minute ago, Tangirl said:

I gave bruspar too..5mg...only took 2 have that RX. 

When did you take the buspar? Was it at the same time you took the Klonopin? 

We really need daily notes with what you are taking. These random drug experiments are confusing your nervous system and making you worse. 

I know there are a lot of questions in this post, but please do you best to answer the bolded questions. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Another question - do you have a doctor that is wiling to prescribe for you? 

You will need to work on talking to doctors so that you don't end up back in the hospital. These links may help:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Withdrawal dialogues / encouragement

Some resources for getting a doctor versed in withdrawal:

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

Mad in America - Provider Directory (scroll down to where the search feature is and entered your state and also check states that are close by)

Even if you don't find a prescribing doctor, if you find a therapist in your area, you may want to reach out to them to see if they know of a reasonable prescriber in your area. 

This is the "check in" thread for Texas members here on SA. You may want to see if anyone in your area as a doctor that they'd recommend.

Texas members - please check in here

• Administrator

@Gracee, thanks very much for your concern for Tangirl. We want to be very careful when dealing with benzos.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

18 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

@Gracee, thanks very much for your concern for Tangirl. We want to be very careful when dealing with benzos.

No one was responding to her pleas for help even though I alerted mods.

Lesson learned.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg, Multi vit., Calcium, D3,  Magnesium, Fish Oil, Melatonin,  Ambien 3.3 mg 1 or 2X/mo.  Benadryl-seldom, .......2002 - eliminated alcohol

2011 - 30 mg 

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

6 hours ago, Shep said:

I asked a question.   I gave no advice.

2011 - 30 mg 

Jan 2, 2019 - 35 mg

Jan 11 -  33.75 mg

Jan 28 - 32.5 mg

Feb 4 -  33.75 mg 

Mar 4 - 32 mg

Mar 30 - 30 mg

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Gracee said:

No one was responding to her pleas for help even though I alerted mods.

Lesson learned.  No good deed goes unpunished.

You did good, Gracee. More good deeds, please.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Shep said:

I'm quoting parts of your latest post plus a quote from March because you were taking both Klonopin and Lunesta. 

How long were you taking Lunesta? Although Lunesta is not a benzodiazepine, it does affect GABA in a similar way as Klonopin, so you may have developed a dependency. 

How many Klonopon pills did you take back in February / March, the time frame when you were on Klonopin and Lunesta? 

When you say that Klonopin does not calm you down or help with sleep, when is the last time you took it? At what dose? 

Are you still taking these supplements? If not, please list any you are taking. 

When did you take the buspar? Was it at the same time you took the Klonopin? 

We really need daily notes with what you are taking. These random drug experiments are confusing your nervous system and making you worse. 

I know there are a lot of questions in this post, but please do you best to answer the bolded questions. 

I took lunesta  sparingly  over a course of 5 months never refilled RX of 30. I was never consistent with the klonopin. I would try not to take and when I did would be 1/2  of .5mg a day. 

the lunesta never worked. Have not taking it in 3 weeks and that was a 1/2 of 3mg. 

bruspar was 5mg and only taking 3 times and that was not at the same time. It’s was last week. 

Im taking magnesium gly 400mg 2x day

fish oil 2200mg. Liquid probiotics 

not eating sugar, coffee or processed food. 

All this nonsense started when I stopped Effexor in May last year. 75mg immediate release 1x a day was all i was ever on.

I have never felt the way I do know in my life. This dr/dp and inner restlessness and shaking are horrible and the insomnia with non stop adrenaline. Also sensitive to sounds.

Effexor 75mg 14 years went off in May 2018. because I was sick with diverticulitis (no taper) 

Went in hospital in October they did klonopin and seroquel. Worked while in hospital.

3 different Doctors tried, November-December 2018  trintlex, lomitcol, abilify, January 2019 restoril,cymbolta and All low doses and they give me manic energy.

Ive tried everything, my husband took me back to original psychiatrist and he put me on lithium and trileptal and klonopin still. 

klonopin  was as needed.

8 hours ago, Shep said:

Another question - do you have a doctor that is wiling to prescribe for you? 

You will need to work on talking to doctors so that you don't end up back in the hospital. These links may help:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Withdrawal dialogues / encouragement

Some resources for getting a doctor versed in withdrawal:

Recommended doctors, therapists, and clinics

Mad in America - Provider Directory (scroll down to where the search feature is and entered your state and also check states that are close by)

Even if you don't find a prescribing doctor, if you find a therapist in your area, you may want to reach out to them to see if they know of a reasonable prescriber in your area. 

This is the "check in" thread for Texas members here on SA. You may want to see if anyone in your area as a doctor that they'd recommend.

Texas members - please check in here

I’m actually in Rural Pennsylvania right now. I had to come stay with my parents for help. Resources suck here.

I actually went to my old GP here on Friday and she believes me. She said she has seen this before with one other patient. They reinstated and it worked. She called me yesterday and today, she is concerned and wants to help. She has been searching discontinuing syndrome and even used it as a code for insurance. She is willing to work with me and help in anyway. 

She looked into cypripheptadine because it’s used for serotonin syndrome. 

She is willing to help and try anything. She is against benzos and is so upset that these other doctors have done this

klonopin  was as needed.

4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You did good, Gracee. More good deeds, please.

Thank you! Any help yet? I know we are to be drug free but anything that can stop this horrible nightmare 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Tangirl said:

This dr/dp and inner restlessness and shaking are horrible and the insomnia with non stop adrenaline. Also sensitive to sounds.

This is fairly classic severe post-acute withdrawal syndrome. We can't really pinpoint the drug, several of the drugs you took after going off Effexor may have kindled your nervous system. Now it is hypersensitive to drugs. We wouldn't know what to reinstate, if you took Effexor, which can be stimulating, it might make you worse.

1 hour ago, Tangirl said:

She looked into cypripheptadine because it’s used for serotonin syndrome. 

You do not have serotonin syndrome. I would not go down that road.

I am glad your doctor is sympathetic. Your nervous system needs calming.

One possibility is micro-dosing lamotrigine:

Looks like that is to scary and didn’t work for anyone. How would I even get that small of dosage. I’m broke because of all this. Bed bound now

klonopin  was as needed.

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Tangirl said:

Looks like that is to scary and didn’t work for anyone. How would I even get that small of dosage. I’m broke because of all this. Bed bound now

hi Tangirl

I am so sorry you are going thru all this.

I know it's hard but try to stay as calm as you can.

Nearly all of the folks responding to you have actually been in the same place, more or less, as you are now.

That's kinda tragic, eh? but the good news is, they made it thru this, and so will you. It won't be easy, but it's definitely do-able ok? ;)

I am one of the few folks who did try the very very low dose lamictal. 

It did help me, but not a lot. It helped me enough to get thru one of the roughest patches, however.

I did have an advantage because I was on lamictal in the past (much higher doses, like 200+mg) so  I knew what the side effects could be (for me, the side effect was feeling off balance, and if I went up in the dose too fast, I would get a headache)

I didn't have any trouble getting off it cold turkey when I was on those  higher doses. I didn't have any trouble getting off the tiny tiny dose I took during stabilization.

Everyone is different, and no one here can predict what exactly will happen for you.

Mostly, I want you to know that as bad as you feel right now, this is NOT going to last forever, you ARE going to get better and be ok. It won't happen overnight though.

The drs tried to "fix things" by throwing one drug after another at you. They wanted the "quick fix" since insurance doesn't usually pay for ppl to be in the hospital very long.

even when you see a dr outside of the hospital, they may try to "fix" you fast.

can  you see how going fast did not help? 

trying to go fast now will not help either.

I know you feel desperate and want to feel better quickly. I was there. It wasn't fun but I got thru it.

You are going to get thru this.

almost everyone on this forum has a very similar story to tell. You are not alone!

there is so much strength here on this forum.  ❤️

You are strong too. you're going to be ok.

what are some things you like to do that help calm you down? 

are you able to listen to soothing music?

pet an animal?

rock in a rocking chair?

go for a ride, with someone else driving?

hang in there, it's all going to be ok.

take just one day at a time. don't look ahead too much.

don't look back either.

focus on today. one minute at a time, if that's all you can manage

you will be ok, this is not going to last forever, you are going to recover.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • Mentor

this may help when you are feeling esp anxious

I would listen to it over and over again, as needed

It helped a LOT!

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk//music/FirstAidPanicF.mp3

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

Thank you. I have no one to take care of me. My parents are but they are so steward out and believe what happened to me but not that the doctors can’t fix it. They are amazing parents though. My life I have an amazing husband and two daughters. I’m not able to be there for them. The money thing and not working is a whole other issue. I can’t function or take care of of anything. I’m like a 5 year old but worse actually. I don’t enjoy anything right now. I’m so disconnected and numb it’s absolutely scary. I can’t breath, shake, sleep, keep weight on.. its awful. I can barely go for rides I get so overstimulated. I had such a BEAUTIFUL life. I happy, pretty, positive enjoyed living and life. I hate this person. I’m scared to death because I can’t function and need help with everything. I’m really BAD. I don’t know how people on here have been this sick and kept up with life. I’m just laying in bed starring. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Mentor

I know this all feels scary and hard but you can get thru it

*feeling* like you are a child and actually being a child are two very different things. ;)

Feelings are not facts.  Feelings come and go. 

you have already told us how awful things are. believe me, we all KNOW how bad things are because we either are going thru it ourselves or have already been thru it.

I have been thru it and I am recovered now. It was very hard but I got thru it.

People here got thru this because frankly, we had no choice. So we focused on what we could do to help ourselves and stopped wasting energy on things that don't work or help at all.

we learned the self help and self care techniques to help us cope. try different things and see what helps you.

it probably won't make a huge difference, at least not at first, but those self care things will help. in time you will build up a tool box full of useful ways to handle tough stuff and you will feel so proud of yourself.

It will help you to focus on what you can do NOW today to help yourself get thru this ok

yes, you had a good life, things were going well, and now, OK, clearly things are not going well. it's awful but that's the way it is.

now, to get thru it!! 

everything you need to get thru this IS INSIDE YOU.

I'm serious.

we are always looking outside of ourselves for answers

We don't need to do that.

you are going to find the strength that you need to face this situation, but first you have to let go off being upset that you are in this situation. I know it's bad, it seems unbelievable how bad it is, believe me, we all know, because it's been this way for us too. 

it's incredible, isn't it?

but you'll get thru it.

the sooner you accept where you are now, and work on finding ways to help yourself get thru each day, the easier this will become.

you need to save your energy to focus on what you can do, and not on what you can't do.

I never know what people mean when they say they "can't function" 
We are people not machines, we live our lives, that's all. 

You are breathing, you are still able to write and to talk and to walk around, even if it's hard, right?

you are having a hard time doing what you used to do but that's ok.

just focus on what you can do.

you will need to find ways to distract yourself

do you like to listen to music? read? watch tv or videos?

do you like puzzles?

do you have a rocking chair? you mentioned feeling restless before, which is why I ask. maybe rocking will soothe you, I don't know.

oh you have two daughters- I have an idea! what would you say to them if they felt as bad as you do now?

how would you comfort them?

please, do that for yourself!

be very kind and gentle with yourself.

You are not alone. I am new to this as well. I am in the same boat as you right now..And struggling to get my notes in and navigate the site and stabilize and get the help I need. I have two beautiful daughters as well. I am living with my my 80 year old father. I should be helping him. And he is doing his best to help me. I will attempt to put my notes in. I am struggling to find my drug signature to make sure it is updated. My symptoms are severe and the list is long. Please remember, you are not alone.

Cymbalta 60 mg Started August 2016. 

Started Taper June 2017 - August 2017

Lithium  March 2017 - April 2017 

Lithium June 2017 - December 2017

Fluoxetine 10mg (?) maybe (5mg) August 2017-October 2018

Sertraline 50mg Oct 2018 - December 23/2018

Diazepam 2 mg started 3/24/19 bumped to 4mg a couple days later

Diazepam 4mg dropped to 3mg 4/9/19 by hospital inpatient. I had no choice.

Diazepam 3mg bumped up to 4mg on 5/2/19

5/11/19 straight crossover to liquid Diazepam 2mg @ 8:30am, 2mg @ 8:30pm

Thank you. I have no one to take care of me. My parents are but they are so steward out and believe what happened to me but not that the doctors can’t fix it. They are amazing parents though. My life I have an amazing husband and two daughters. I’m not able to be there for them. The money thing and not working is a whole other issue. I can’t function or take care of of anything. I’m like a 5 year old but worse actually. I don’t enjoy anything right now. I’m so disconnected and numb it’s absolutely scary. I can’t breath, shake, sleep, keep weight on.. its awful. I can barely go for rides I get so overstimulated. I had such a BEAUTIFUL life. I happy, pretty, positive enjoyed living and life. I hate this person. I’m scared to death because I can’t function and need help with everything. I’m really BAD. I don’t know how people on here have been this sick and kept up with life. I’m just laying in bed starring. 

klonopin  was as needed.

My email got cancelled because it was a business one. So I’m only on this from an old tan. Can’t navigate through this site now. 

klonopin  was as needed.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, Happy2Heal said:

I know this all feels scary and hard but you can get thru it

*feeling* like you are a child and actually being a child are two very different things. ;)

Feelings are not facts.  Feelings come and go. 

you have already told us how awful things are. believe me, we all KNOW how bad things are because we either are going thru it ourselves or have already been thru it.

I have been thru it and I am recovered now. It was very hard but I got thru it.

People here got thru this because frankly, we had no choice. So we focused on what we could do to help ourselves and stopped wasting energy on things that don't work or help at all.

we learned the self help and self care techniques to help us cope. try different things and see what helps you.

it probably won't make a huge difference, at least not at first, but those self care things will help. in time you will build up a tool box full of useful ways to handle tough stuff and you will feel so proud of yourself.

It will help you to focus on what you can do NOW today to help yourself get thru this ok

yes, you had a good life, things were going well, and now, OK, clearly things are not going well. it's awful but that's the way it is.

now, to get thru it!! 

everything you need to get thru this IS INSIDE YOU.

I'm serious.

we are always looking outside of ourselves for answers

We don't need to do that.

you are going to find the strength that you need to face this situation, but first you have to let go off being upset that you are in this situation. I know it's bad, it seems unbelievable how bad it is, believe me, we all know, because it's been this way for us too. 

it's incredible, isn't it?

but you'll get thru it.

the sooner you accept where you are now, and work on finding ways to help yourself get thru each day, the easier this will become.

you need to save your energy to focus on what you can do, and not on what you can't do.

I never know what people mean when they say they "can't function
We are people not machines, we live our lives, that's all. 

Because I can’t function! I can’t make food, get out of bed, can’t understand, can’t shop. I have to be taking care of, can’t function how a human is suppose to. 

klonopin  was as needed.

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Tangirl said:

Because I can’t function! I can’t make food, get out of bed, can’t understand, can’t shop. I have to be taking care of, can’t function how a human is suppose to. 

I know that all those things are difficult for you to do now, but you can do some things, probably a lot more than you are noticing. 

You were able to read this forum and respond. you are not totally physically paralyzed, in a wheelchair, blind or deaf, etc correct?
I am NOT downplaying how awful you are feeling and how hard things are when your brain is messed up by withdrawal.

it just does no one any good to focus on what you can't do.

has it helped you at all to repeat all the things you feel unable to do?

what can you do? focus on those things.

No not at all! I’m still learning this and wanting my life back. I’m in a bad place all around. I’m still fighting to get my loved ones to believe me. ALL I CAN DO IS RESEARCH THIS. My brain won’t let me do anything else. I have anhedonia so BAD!! 

Not scaring me, i have never been numb.

the brain of a child when it comes to anything else. Actually a child is able to comprehend more.

i know what you are saying and I appreciate all the help, I do, so hopefully I’m coming across sincere. 

I hope to heal like you!🙏🏻

klonopin  was as needed.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s possibly not my place to say but I was a member of an Effexor Facebook group with Kari and remember recommending this site to her along with others. From what I understand she was obviously struggling a great deal with akathisia and other intolerable symptoms resulting from withdrawal as well as stressors in her personal life as a consequence and an admin on the site reported she has now passed away. It’s just terribly sad and senseless, I feel for her family and children, she must have been in unbearable pain. 

Over the last two years - Effexor Xr 150 mg daily, ferrous iron, magnesium, zinc, b12and vit d 1000 iu every couple of days. 

Prior to that- 2001 started citalopram 20 mg age 18, switched to escitalopram 20 mg a year or two later: 2011 - switched to paroxetine for several weeks and tapered off, replaced with lexapro. March 2014- prescribed Effexor xr 150mg daily. May 2015 prescribed 10 mg aripiprazole, concurrently with Effexor, discontinued 2-3 weeks later with abrupt taper to 5 mg then stopped. Continued taking Effexor until late November of last year- tapered rapidly over 12 days. Nothing currently.

Sadly, tangirl passed away this week.  She was a member of one of the fb group and the news was just posted there 

04/10 Luvox 25 mg PM, Nortriptyline 1 mg PM

03/08/19: Buspar 2.5 mg AM, 5 mg PM

01/01/19: Xanax 0.125 AM 5 times a week. Occasionally, 0.125 twice a day AM & noon

12/18 Armour Thyroid 60 mg (for hypothyroidism) 

Supplements: B Complex, B12 (adeno), multi-vitamin, D, Adrenal Cortex, iron

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other meds: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil, Nardil
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 
  • NO MEDS 07/16 - 10/31/16
  • Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, increased to 5 mg   
  • 1/13/17 switched to Luvox 50 mg before bed
  • 1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM
  • 12/18 Luvox 10 mg PM, Nortriptyline 2 mg (started Nortriptyline 06/17 at 10 mg)

Prayers for her husband and sweet daughters 💔

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

RIP Tangirl 😢 xox

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Moderator Emeritus

This is heartbreaking. May she rest in peace.

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave

• Administrator

On behalf of myself and the staff, we are all heartbroken to lose Tangirl.