SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hannahe: Leean's daughter - tapered Wellbutrin now on Buspar

Leean

• Administrator

Hannah, has this ever happened before? Do you have a tendency to scare yourself?

Did you skip doses of any of your drugs recently?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hannahe

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• puthappinessfirst

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hannah, has this ever happened before? Do you have a tendency to scare yourself?

Did you skip doses of any of your drugs recently?

No I haven’t skipped doses. I know I said I got off the morning buspar, and that’s because I’ve been on so little and it was my plan to drop it. 

I haven’t dropped it yet, but I want too and now I’m even more afraid. 

it feels like adrenaline running through my body every few minutes and I want to throw up. 

Originally at 100 mg Zoloft and 150 mg xl Wellbutrin for ten years. 

Abruptly dropped 50 mg of Zoloft April 2018.

Cut Wellbutrin in half (75 mg) for a month in December 2018.

Cold turkeyed Wellbutrin January 2019.

Reinstated Wellbutrin half of 150 xl (75 mg) in January 2019 and added Xanax.

ER visit iv of 5 mg Haloperidol.

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

50 mg Zoloft at 10:00 am

2.5 mg buspar at 9:00 pm 

Hi there ❤️

Just try to stay as calm and relaxed as possible. 

Stress and anxiety makes everything sooo much worse. 

Can you take a bath? Hot ones with epsom salts really helps me. 

Magnesium supplements, too. 

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

2 minutes ago, puthappinessfirst said:

Hi there ❤️

Just try to stay as calm and relaxed as possible. 

Stress and anxiety makes everything sooo much worse. 

Can you take a bath? Hot ones with epsom salts really helps me. 

Magnesium supplements, too. 

Hi 

last time I took an epsom salt bath, I felt terrible for a week after. Sometimes it does that too me. Sometimes it helps and then I get rebound anxiety. 

Ive been trying to eat things with magnesium. Probably need more though. Afraid to take a supplement if the baths do that to me. 

I just dont know 🤷🏻‍♀️

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

Oh no, that is too bad.

Have you tried the opposite? Cold showers for a few minutes? 

The Wim Hof method seems to help some people.

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

4 minutes ago, puthappinessfirst said:

Oh no, that is too bad.

Have you tried the opposite? Cold showers for a few minutes? 

The Wim Hof method seems to help some people.

I have not. I will do that. Thank you ❤️

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Hannah, do you feel better or worse after you take Zoloft at 10 a.m.?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I am not sure. I guess I don’t notice much of a difference. I take it pretty much right after I get up in the am. 

Tapering buspar

1 hour ago, Hannahe said:

I am not sure. I guess I don’t notice much of a difference. I take it pretty much right after I get up in the am. 

13 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I was feeling sh*tty because of my monthly and it caused me to not eat very much and that’s when I noticed the adrenaline or whatever it was and the leg shaking and crying. I made sure I ate a little something every few hours yesterday and didn’t wake up feeling like that. Idk if it is a mild form of akathisia or just regular withdrawal symptoms? I’ve had the feeling before a month or so ago and it went away. It’s like very nervous energy in the pit of my stomach and makes me want to vomit along with leg shaking or back and forth rocking. Sometimes I rock back and forth when I cry. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Hannah, dear, you must eat regularly, even if it's only a snack. When your blood sugar goes down, adrenaline naturally goes up. This can make you feel sick and anxious.

Lots of people find they feel better with frequent snacks to keep their blood sugar from going up and down. Having protein and maybe complex carbs in the evening will help throughout the night.

Your menstrual cycle can also cause you to feel awful.

My guess is you've been feeling rocky from the above and you don't have withdrawal symptoms. But your nervous system might be sensitive to something like low blood sugar. Treat it like a baby and feed it regularly, please.

12 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hannah, dear, you must eat regularly, even if it's only a snack. When your blood sugar goes down, adrenaline naturally goes up. This can make you feel sick and anxious.

Lots of people find they feel better with frequent snacks to keep their blood sugar from going up and down. Having protein and maybe complex carbs in the evening will help throughout the night.

My guess is you've been feeling rocky from the above and you don't have withdrawal symptoms. But your nervous system might be sensitive to something like low blood sugar. Treat it like a baby and feed it regularly, please.

Thank you. I’m trying to eat, sometimes I feel so sick that it’s hard. I pray that it isn’t anything other than this. I hope to get better and be able to get off the rest of this poison /: 

when do you think I can drop the am buspar. I’ve just been so afraid too. It’s .001-.002 g on my scale. Been there a month or so. 

Tapering buspar

26 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Even with the cold turkey? You think it might just be the blood sugar? and no akathisia? 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Yes, low blood sugar can cause lots of uncomfortable symptoms, particularly in a sensitive nervous system.

You might be a person who feels best by grazing -- some nuts, a little fruit, a little protein every couple of hours.

When you're not afraid to drop the Buspar, you might taper off it. Just let yourself relax about it. You don't have to worry in advance.

52 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, low blood sugar can cause lots of uncomfortable symptoms, particularly in a sensitive nervous system.

You might be a person who feels best by grazing -- some nuts, a little fruit, a little protein every couple of hours.

When you're not afraid to drop the Buspar, you might taper off it. Just let yourself relax about it. You don't have to worry in advance.

I think you’re right. 

I know now I shouldn’t really be tapering while in CT withdrawal, but I’m already so far down on the morning dose, I just want to drop it and for get about it. Then allow myself to hopefully get further towards stabilization if I can and start tapering the night time dose and then hopefully heal and then start the Zoloft taper. 

Gosh thats so much. I hope I can do all this, survive it and feel better. 

I did taper the buspar too fast after the Wellbutrin CT, but I started tapering after two weeks of use. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Do you mean your morning dose of 50mg Zoloft?

I think you'll be fine. Have you ever heard of EFT tapping? This is something that might help you when you start to worry https://www.thetappingsolution.com/tapping-101/

There are lots of videos on YouTube about it. I think this could be an effective self-soothing method for you when you are scared.

15 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Do you mean your morning dose of 50mg Zoloft?

I think you'll be fine. Have you ever heard of EFT tapping? This is something that might help you when you start to worry https://www.thetappingsolution.com/tapping-101/

There are lots of videos on YouTube about it. I think this could be an effective self-soothing method for you when you are scared.

No, I started tapering the buspar after my Wellbutrin CT. I was put on it the same time they took me off the Wellbutrin. I plan to taper the rest when I feel a little better, but the Zoloft I want to be fully healed (if I can be) before I taper that. I’ve been on the Zoloft ten years. 

Ive been doing the eft. Sometimes I feel like it helps and sometimes I don’t feel like it does much. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Hannahe said:

I know now I shouldn’t really be tapering while in CT withdrawal, but I’m already so far down on the morning dose, I just want to drop it and for get about it.

I'm sorry, I got confused about this. What morning dose are you talking about? You're only taking Zoloft in the morning, right?

How do you feel after you take Zoloft in the morning?

I'd stick with EFT. It's very gentle, which is okay. Sounds like you need other "change the channel" techniques, too. See

Thinking about puppies and kittens works well for me. I sometimes watch cat videos even now, to de-stress.

5 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I'm sorry, I got confused about this. What morning dose are you talking about? You're only taking Zoloft in the morning, right?

I'd stick with EFT. It's very gentle, which is okay. Sounds like you need other "change the channel" techniques, too. See

Thinking about puppies and kittens works well for me. I sometimes watch cat videos even now, to de-stress.

I take 50 mg of Zoloft in the morning and a few crumbles of buspar. And then I take 2.5 mg of buspar at night as well. I want to drop the morning buspar soon, but I know tapering while in a bad withdrawal is a no no, but I’m already so far down. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

What do you mean by crumbles of Buspar? What time do you take them? How do you feel afterward?

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

What do you mean by crumbles of Buspar? What time do you take them? How do you feel afterward?

I have the tiniest bit of buspar I put into capsules. I take the morning buspar and Zoloft at 10:00 am 

I don’t really notice a difference after I take the Zoloft. I can’t pinpoint anything.

Tapering buspar

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

I am having symptoms, but I believe it’s from the Wellbutrin ct. I know I was also having symptoms from the adding of the buspar, but I feel like I’ve cut it low enough to where I don’t feel much from that anymore. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

You can probably drop the morning Buspar. It doesn't sound like it's doing anything.

Please put the dates of your decrease from 100mg Zoloft to 50mg, the Wellbutrin cold-turkey, and the Buspar changes in your signature, with the dosage amounts.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:19 PM, Hannahe said:

Hi I’m Hannah Leeans daughter. I’ve been on Wellbutrin (bupropion) and Zoloft together for ten years. 150 xl burpropion and 100 mg Zoloft. I cut my Zoloft in half probably 7 months ago without a problem so I have been taking 50 mg of that. Doctor told me I could just stop taking Wellbutrin and so I did and ended up in the Er. I went to see my family doctor who put me back on it and I had a reaction, ended up in the psych ward and they cold turkeyed me off it again and added 10 mg buspar twice a day to go with my Zoloft. I’ve been on buspar a month now, but weaning down. I’m on 50 mg of Zoloft and currently 2.5 of buspar twice a day. I was cutting once a week, but I don’t know when I should cut again. My withdrawals are not subsiding, only seems to be getting worse. I’m extremely scared and my mom can only handle so much. 

On 5/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, Hannahe said:

I got off in January and the reinstated and had a terrible adverse reaction and went into the hospital and they cold turkeyed me again feb 19th. 

Im not as dizzy as I was and I haven’t been nauseous or vomiting. No more light sensitivity and a few other symptoms left like the terror and stuff. 

Still have the other ones though. Since it’s only been 3 months off, I know it could always get worse, which I’m afraid of....

also so nervous about being able to stabilize. I was on 100mg of Zoloft for ten years and a year ago I abruptly cut it in half. How does someone stabilize on half the dose they’re accustomed too? If I do stabilize, I want to be able to stay there for a while without poop out or tolerance withdrawal (couple years possibly) before I taper again. 

When you cold-turkeyed Wellbutrin in January, what happened after that?

What did you reinstate, and what happened after that? How long were you taking the reinstatement when you went to the hospital?

On May 28, you said your symptoms were improving, how have they changed since then?

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You can probably drop the morning Buspar. It doesn't sound like it's doing anything.

Please put the dates of your decrease from 100mg Zoloft to 50mg, the Wellbutrin cold-turkey, and the Buspar changes in your signature, with the dosage amounts.

What did you reinstate, and what happened after that? How long were you taking the reinstatement when you went to the hospital?

On May 28, you said your symptoms were improving, how have they changed since then?

I will drop it within the next week. I know buspar can cause TD and other movement disorders and really afraid to keep taking it. I know Zoloft can as well. I feel very stuck. 

After the doctor told told me to cold turkey the Wellbutrin in January I ended up in the Er with terrible withdrawals and reinstated it after two weeks. I was on it for four weeks and I kept getting worse and worse, so I went into the hospital and they cold turkeyed the Wellbutrin again and added the buspar to my Zoloft. 

My symptoms after reinstatement included migraines so bad I thought I was having a stroke. Half my body going completely numb, feeling of bricks being put on top of my head, slowed movements, extremely ill and pale, rocking back and forth, stiffness, etc. when I had reinstated they also added Xanax and by the time I tapered the Xanax symptoms were so bad. I was on Xanax for about a month or so and took very little at night time. 

I believed my symptoms were improving, I may have just had a window. It’s all so confusing. I had a really bad monthly this month and it felt like everything went back down hill and I’m trying to recover again. 

Tapering buspar

21 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

How do you change the drug info again? 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Hannahe said:

After the doctor told told me to cold turkey the Wellbutrin in January I ended up in the Er with terrible withdrawals and reinstated it after two weeks. I was on it for four weeks and I kept getting worse and worse, so I went into the hospital and they cold turkeyed the Wellbutrin again and added the buspar to my Zoloft.

What were the symptoms you had right after going off Wellbutrin, before you went to the ER?

Go to your Account Settings, it's in the menu that drops down from your name at upper right of every page, click on Signature, edit signature, click to Save changes.

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What were the symptoms you had right after going off Wellbutrin, before you went to the ER?

Go to your Account Settings, it's in the menu that drops down from your name at upper right of every page, click on Signature, edit signature, click to Save changes.

Felt like acid running through my body, the anxiety was SO bad, tremors uncontrollably, derealization, blurry vision, malaise, dizzy, nauseous, felt like I was burning almost

Tapering buspar

From my research I gathered that sertraline inhibits the cyp3a4 enzyme and this is from the fda for Buspar. Would I have a problem dropping the .001-.002 g in the am because of this? 

I know sometimes the plasma levels of the medications are magnified because of this. 

4782AE3C-BC3F-47FF-92E0-1C9DE6CAC1B5.jpeg

Tapering buspar

Does anyone know if there are any interactions between vitamin C and buspar and Zoloft? 

Tapering buspar

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

Thank you

Tapering buspar

• Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post asking if "is anyone is taking Buspar once a day?" to this topic:

tips-for-tapering-off-busipirone-buspar

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I’ve been in fight or flight mode for the last 24 hours now. I dropped the morning buspar two mornings ago. Shaking, nausea, crying, adrenaline... Jesus. I don’t know how to escape this mess. Still taking the night time dose 

Tapering buspar

Do I have to be off all meds to have a chance for this inner restlessness to go away? This is terrible! 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator
On 6/20/2019 at 9:03 AM, Hannahe said:

I’ve been in fight or flight mode for the last 24 hours now. I dropped the morning buspar two mornings ago. Shaking, nausea, crying, adrenaline... Jesus. I don’t know how to escape this mess. Still taking the night time dose 

When do these symptoms occur, Hannah?

Please explain more about the inner restlessness.

You should not have any problems tapering Zoloft.

Are you also in regular psychotherapy?

5 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

When do these symptoms occur, Hannah?

Please explain more about the inner restlessness.

You should not have any problems tapering Zoloft.

Are you also in regular psychotherapy?

I am no longer in therapy since I’ve been so sick/bed ridden.

the inner restlessness feels like my body is alive and I can’t sleep. It started at night, now it’s happening during the day too. I’ve been rocking back and forth and shaking my legs. These feelings are frightening. I try to lay down to get some sleep and I just can’t. I’ve been nauseous on and off with it as well and high anxiety. It feels like something is spewing inside of me. This energy and it’s wild! 

Ive been eating consistently and taking small amounts of vitamin c. This doesn’t feel like the adrenaline surges I started out with. 

I dont know if this is something that will dissipate once my body has a chance at stabilizing from the CT and tapering and all the changes or if it’s something that won’t leave until I am off all meds. 

This is is exactly what I didn’t want to happen. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

Are these symptoms continuous?

Are you getting any exercise? Do you like to swim or bike?

How has EFT been working for this?