Hannahe: Leean's daughter - tapered Wellbutrin now on Buspar

Leean

7 minutes ago, puthappinessfirst said:

I take vitamin D and have/had akathisia, it hasn't done me any harm.

My level was 12. Pretty low, and I was trying to get outside in the sun as much as possible. 

The only advice I got was to take it during the day. I take mine in the morning. 

No harm so far. 

B12 is trickier, maybe try a liquid b12 supplement so you can control dose vs a pill. 

Just in case it ramps you up.

Thank you Happiness! 

Thats good info to know 🙂 

I just added raw vitamin C that also has a probiotic in it. Upping the dose very very slowly. So maybe it’s best to wait until my body is acclimated to that before starting another. I’m not sure though.  

Yes B12 is a scary one for us in withdrawal. I’ve never been one to eat much animal product, so I guess it’s to be expected /: trying to eat more fish and eggs. I don’t know if getting the vitamins from your food is good enough being this low though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Originally at 100 mg Zoloft and 150 mg xl Wellbutrin for ten years. 

Abruptly dropped 50 mg of Zoloft April 2018.

Cut Wellbutrin in half (75 mg) for a month in December 2018.

Cold turkeyed Wellbutrin January 2019.

Reinstated Wellbutrin half of 150 xl (75 mg) in January 2019 and added Xanax.

ER visit iv of 5 mg Haloperidol.

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

50 mg Zoloft at 10:00 am

2.5 mg buspar at 9:00 pm 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hannahe

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

• puthappinessfirst

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Hannahe said:

Topic title:  Exploding Head Syndrome (EPS)

Anyone experience this in WD? I have had small episodes throughout my life, but this has been intensified in WD to the point I will wake up screaming for help. 

There are many existing topics on this site.  Before creating a new topic please do a search to see if there is already a topic on that subject.  SA likes to keep similar information in one place so it is easier for members to find.

You can either use the site search function or use google and add survivingantidepressants.org.  I used google and searched for survivingantidepressants.org exploding head syndrome  and easily found the existing topic for this subject.

Your new topic has been moved to that topic.  So that you can practise finding things for yourself I'll leave it for you to do the search.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
22 hours ago, Hannahe said:

The neurologist I seen wants to do a ton of tests because he believes I may be having seizures. I don’t want to do any tests with contrast and therefore things have been pushed back. I don’t know if I even see a point in going to the doctors anymore. 

My symptoms seem to escalate around my monthly and I will still experience some symptoms that may be worrisome, but other than that things seem to have gotten better. 

At the beginning there were times I would get dizzy, confused, nauseous and stare off into space for a while. Then minutes later I could resume. 

This sounds like absence seizures, Hannahe. Please see this article for a description: 

Epilepsy Foundation - Absence Seizures

Wellbutrin lowers the seizure threshold and you also have a history of using a benzo, so if you're experiencing this, it's not uncommon with your drug history. 

The good news is they won't hurt you unless you're driving or if you fall. So you may want to take precautions regarding driving and be very mindful and careful when you're walking. There's evidence that the ketogenic diet (a diet high in fat and low in carbohydrates) can be helpful and you can google and find information on that. 

Please consult your doctor if you feel unsafe, but from what you're describing, this sounds like a side effect or withdrawal effect. 

Is this something you think will pass for me? Or could I be dealing with it beyond withdrawal? 

This is sounds like something I may have been dealing with on Wellbutrin as well. 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Finished Xanax taper, cold turkeyed Wellbutrin February 2019 and added 10 mg buspar twice daily.

Tapering buspar

3 hours ago, Shep said:

You may have these episodes for awhile, even after you come off the drugs. Recovery can last a very long time, but eventually, these symptoms fade out.

Please see:

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

Okay as long as it’s not serious or brain damaging I can deal, because it has gotten better. 

Tapering buspar

So as you guys already know, I’m about 5-6 months out from my Wellbutrin cold turkey withdrawal and I have dramatically reduced my buspar from when I was prescribed it in the hospital from 20 mg daily down to 2.5 mg at night time only. 

I feel very raw, and so I stopped tapering it a month ago. I am currently in tolerance with my Zoloft being at 50 mg and I doubt the buspar is really doing much for me at the dose it is either. 

Will there ever ever come a time where I feel well enough to taper off the rest of these drugs being in tolerance? 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

What do you mean by "being in tolerance"?

Are you seeing your therapist again?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

23 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What do you mean by "being in tolerance"?

Are you seeing your therapist again?

I don’t feel as if the Zoloft is doing anything. I don’t think I would be having as many problems as I am if it was still working. I spent ten years on 100-150 mg and I’m now at 50 mg trying to stabilize. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

That is not tolerance. The drug simply is not solving your problems. It's only a drug, it doesn't work miracles.

Think very carefully about whether you want to spend the rest of your life looking for a chemical cure instead of doing the work yourself. You need to see a therapist to get coaching in solving your problems yourself. It's your life, you need to take care of it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

That is not tolerance. The drug simply is not solving your problems. It's only a drug, it doesn't work miracles.

Think very carefully about whether you want to spend the rest of your life looking for a chemical cure instead of doing the work yourself. You need to see a therapist to get coaching in solving your problems yourself. It's your life, you need to take care of it.

I understand that a drug will not solve my problems. What I’m saying is I believe the I am also in tolerance withdrawal from the Zoloft along with the CT from the Wellbutrin. I am wondering how to get out of this mess. According to others, I will have tolerance symptoms until I am completely off all the drugs. I don’t know if there will be a grey area where I feel well enough to start tapering the rest of them. 

Tapering buspar

• Administrator

In my opinion, you do not seem to be in tolerance withdrawal. You seem to be hanging around the house worrying. As long as you do this, you'll be feeling crummy.

You need to get out more and you need to make some changes in your habits of mind so you don't continue to make yourself sick.

We've gone over whether you can taper. You can taper when you feel like tapering. You can go off Buspar when you feel you can go off Buspar. In the recent past, you've expressed so much anxiety about changing your drugs, it seemed better that you stay put. It's your decision.

I don't think we can help you resolve how you feel right now, that's beyond our peer support capabilities. We cannot change your habits of mind, you have to make the decision to do that.

If your therapist doesn't offer Acceptance and Commitment Therapy or Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, I highly recommend that you look for a therapist who does and take your sessions seriously. I feel this is so important for you as a young person, I'm going to put your posts into moderation.Your posts will not be published until you report you are seeing a therapist regularly.

I'm not a mod, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but maybe you're still experiencing WDs from cutting your zoloft and wellbutrin in half and then CTing the wellbutrin. Then you added xanax and came off that as well.  That's a lot to be changing in a year. 

Either way, the only way off, whether you're in tolerance or not, is tapering off slowly and safely. Or you hold tight for several months more in hopes of stabilizing a bit. I wish there were more options than that. It's really hard. 

Celexa 10mg: 2007 to June 2018, stopped CT

No meds: June 2018 to December 2018

PROTRACTED WD-- major depressive episode for 2+ weeks

Lexapro 10mg: December 12, 2018 to January 19, 2019, severe adverse reaction

Celexa 10mg: January 20, 2019

June 24, 2019: 9mg

July 22, 2019: 8.5mg

Jan 8, 2020: 8mg

Aug 25, 2020: 7.2mg

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil

• Moderator Emeritus

Hannahe, for what it's worth, I completely concur with Alto. You have way too many years ahead of you to spend them in misery. I think you will find DBT or ACT very helpful. You need help to stop obsessing on your symptoms. You must learn how to accept and distract, and while I'm sure that seems impossible to you right now, it is a skill that can be learned. That's why we believe therapy will be so beneficial to you. We very much want you to recover, but we cannot want it more than you do. 

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." - Tony Robbins

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein

2016 - Zoloft 50 mg for klonopin w/d

Approx. Nov 2017 - successful taper of klonopin; Approx. Jan. 2018 - rapid taper Zoloft over 2 wks - no w/d symptoms; May 2018 - Reinstate 50 mg Zoloft per doctor; Aug 2018 - Rapid taper Zoloft over 3-4 weeks - no w/d symptoms for 1 mo.; Late Oct 2018 - pdoc rx'd 5mg lexapro -took for 1 wk; Early Nov 2018 - Reinstate 25 mg Zoloft; updose to 37.5 on Nov 28, 2018; Nov 30 2018 - returned to 25mg Zoloft upon mod. advice; Dec 9 - Dec10 2018 - 12.5mg zoloft liquid+12.5mg zoloft pill; Dec 11 2018 - 25mg zoloft all liquid; Feb 14 2019 - updosed to 26.25 mg liquid; Mar 6 2019 - updosed to 26.88 mg liquid - new symptoms; Mar 13 2019 - back down to 26.25 mg per mod suggestion

Dose Changes: Dec 2 2019 - 5% to 25mg; Jan 14 2020 - 10% to 22.5 (increase in sxs all month); Mar 10-15? 2020,  accidental updose to 25mg; Mar 22 2020 - back down to 22.5mg; Apr 12 2020 - 2.5% to 21.94mg; Apr 19 2020 - 2.5% to 21.375mg (symptom increase); May 17 2020 - 2.5% to 20.625mg; May 24 2020 - 2.5% to 20.1mg - Jun 14 2020 - noticed uptick in symptoms settled 2 days later - July 10 2020 - onset of wave