RedMachine: stuck between two rocks

RedMachine

On 4/27/2019 at 3:58 AM, Gracee said:

Amazing how well you are doing with zero meds.  Great work!   Best wishes. 

G.

Wish I could see my self doing so well it doesn't feel like it I'm sat here so stressed and cant relax for no reason 

Citalopram 10mg start of April 2018 - finished citalopram mid April after 2 week, off for a week  

Sertaline 50mg for 2 days around 21st April - finished after 2 days, off for about 2 weeks.  

Citalopram liquid 5mg around 10th May - finished around 2.5 weeks later near end of May, off for around 10 days   

Mirtazapine 15mg from June for a month till 10th July  3rd July fast reduced the mirtazapine, halfed the tablet every couple days.

Thats was all 2018, previously smoked weed & drunk  To this day not took no medication apart from iburprofen which gives me bad side effects 

• 2 months later...

Topic title:  finally 12 month of mirtazapine and my life still not worth it

finally 12 month still having no luck read my previous post fed up of being stuck in my own mind and talking to my own thoughts 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Citalopram 10mg start of April 2018 - finished citalopram mid April after 2 week, off for a week  

Sertaline 50mg for 2 days around 21st April - finished after 2 days, off for about 2 weeks.  

Citalopram liquid 5mg around 10th May - finished around 2.5 weeks later near end of May, off for around 10 days   

Mirtazapine 15mg from June for a month till 10th July  3rd July fast reduced the mirtazapine, halfed the tablet every couple days.

Thats was all 2018, previously smoked weed & drunk  To this day not took no medication apart from iburprofen which gives me bad side effects 

Any help please would be great 

• Moderator Emeritus
44 minutes ago, RedMachine said:

Any help please would be great 

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.  You tapered very fast, and your system is destabilized.  Though you were on the drugs for a relatively short period of time, it was enough to produce withdrawal symptoms.  The symptoms you described in your March 9 post are typical withdrawal symptoms.  These two links will help you understand what you're experiencing. 

While these links can be read as discouraging, the ultimate message is hopeful - that you will heal.  Unfortunately, the process generally is long and frustrating.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

We recommend the use of non-drug techniques to cope with withdrawal.  Please take a look at the subjects in this link and see which you think might be of help to you.

•  
  •  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• 1 month later...

13 month of still not there 

This hot weather is making me complete wreck & being tired from work makes everything hard 

Also not being able to fully workout proper 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, RedMachine said:

Bee5 

How was your withdrawal and medication? 

Hi Red,

Sorry, I only just saw that you asked a question. 

This is my second withdrawal attempt, and because I am doing it slowly, it is manageable.

I had to reinstate when my thoughts became too intrusive, but that was at 3 months off my previous taper.

How is your taper going?

Bee

7 months of prescribed polypharmacy in 2015-2016, including several classes of psych meds.

1st attempt at taper was too fast. 2nd attempt is underway.

1 Mar 2018: 37.5 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 300 mg quetiapine

1 Oct 2020: 30 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 37.5 mg quetiapine

15 May 2022: 25 mg paroxetine, 150 mg lamotrigine, 0 mg quetiapine

11 Jan 2024: 20 mg paroxetine, 118.75 mg lamotrigine 

Supplements: Iron, Vit D magnesium glycinate, omega 3

I am not a medical professional. All my posts are my opinions only, based on my experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

I never tapered just cold Turkey 

• 7 months later...

I'm coming upto 22months of the medication, I have noticed the heat makes me feel really bad  causes panic attacks, throwing up, diarrhoea, feel ill for a few days and also I feel very dehydrated.

Other than that the 22 month mark has been hard to reach nearly 2 years, the symptoms I get now are no motivation, tired most of the time, sleep atleast 10hrs now, intrusive thoughts still just not as bad, unable to work which isnt great,  just slightly anxious now. 

Happy I have reached nearly 2 years I am looking forward for the 3 year mark. 

Just wish there was an antidepressant that would be easy to take no symptoms just all positive that Increase mood, motivation & helps everyday life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

RM, I received your PM, but am answering here in your thread so all your information is in one place.

Many members do report upticks in symptoms due to heat. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water throughout the day and staying inside in air conditioning, if that's possible. 

Heat exhaustion and psychiatric drugs

Body temperature dysregulation: fever, chills, shivering, too hot, too cold, flashes, flushes

• 10 months later...

33 month of mirtazapine and I am still not 100% this is crazy what have they done to me