Silver02: how slow do I go?

Silver02

Hi there? I've been on lexapro 5 weeks. I started at 1mg and now I'm on 15mg for 5 days. The side effects are horrendous and i think i want to taper off..how long should i take? I will see a doc tomorrow too.. this is a nightmare. i feel so sick. This isnt right. and pins and needles, my head feels so gross. I cant sleep. I feel poisoned.. is it safe to just go back to 10mg? Omg i feel so bad. Please help me. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Silver02: how slow do i go?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Silver.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Is this your first experience with a psychiatric drug (and you're not crossing over from another drug)? If so, you may be able to come off much faster than our recommended 10% a month. Since you've only been on 15 MG for 5 days, you could go back down to the previous dose you were at 5 days ago. 

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Please let us know more about your drug history so we can help guide you in a taper.

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please continue to use this thread to document your taper and to ask questions. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Silver02: how slow do I go?