Sassenach

Sassenach: is the updose working?

RichT
12 hours ago, Sassenach said:

It is a week ago today and finally caught up so feeling really down.

‘I have a dog too, so I understand the closeness you had with him. I’m so sorry that you’ve lost him.

Sassenach

Thanks Rich.

Miss him a lot but I had 15 years with him, he went everywhere with me so still keep expecting to see him.

I am fortunate in that my wife also has a border collie but as a breed they attach themselves to one person but at least we still have a dog to walk.

I hope and your's are well as they seem to understand better than some people how low you can feel.

Sassenach

Sassenach

Is it possible for Escitalopram to poop out after reinstatement at a lower dose.

Original dose 10 mgs.

Reinstated 2.5 mgs 7 weeks ago and updosed to 5mgs 6 weeks ago.

Allowing for the waves I was having a steady improvement until this last week during which I have been totally exhausted,

had brain fog so bad I was unfit to drive three days.

I have slept every afternoon.

Those small jobs I did manage I had to force myself to get moving.

Is it just a long wave or is something else going on ?

Gridley
8 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Is it just a long wave or is something else going on ?

It sounds to me like a wave rather than poop-out.  Your steady previous improvement is a very encouraging sign and an indication that the reinstatement is working.   Your body is still recalibrating itself from the cold turkey 5 months ago and the reinstatements last month.  Unfortunately, stabilizing can take quite a while.

Sorry about the loss of your border collie.  We have three rescues, including a 15-year old blind Yorkie.

I don't recall whether you have tried omegas and magnesium.  Many people find them calming to the nervous system.  Try them one at a time and at a low dose in case problems arise.

Please keep us posted.

Sassenach

Thanks Gridley

You must have the magic touch feel much better today.

Hope all your dogs are OK.

We still have my wife's collie but he does not have Mac's temperament or love of life.

Have taken Cod Liver Oil for years so take slightly more at present.

It never ceases to amaze how someone else's positive attitude can help.

Thanks

Sassenach

Sassenach

The last week has been really good.

A week long window with only a couple of wavelets.

Some days were better than others but I was able to walk the dog every day sometimes twice.

I was also able to wash the car do outside jobs and indulge my hobby a little.Thursday was particularly good and the best for a very long time marred only by a little brain fog and blurred vision.

I have started to score my days as a percentage, can only be relative to how I remember feeling before all this started.

The last two days back to a wave, temperature dysregulation ( thank you Gridley for telling me what it is ) freezing all day day yesterday. Walked dog 1.5 miles yesterday morning hoping to shake it off. Did not work bed rest of day.

Today walked dog 9AM for short distance feeling rough. Again back to bed.

Trying to see waves as positive because it means my brain is still trying to get better so the next window will be a further improvement.

No idea whether that is true but it helps me.

Hope everyone is as lucky.

Gridley
2 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Trying to see waves as positive because it means my brain is still trying to get better so the next window will be a further improvement.

No idea whether that is true but it helps me..

It is true.  Waves indicate healing, as the brain recalibrates itself heading back toward "factory settings."  Everything is off-balance (and unpleasant) as things shift around. 

The  following is from the thread The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

"Waves mean your nervous system is struggling to heal. It moves in the right direction for a bit then falls back a bit. This is normal. You can view the "better" part of the wave as when your nervous system is finding its balance. These periods will get longer and more frequent as time goes on."

I'm very happy you're doing so well.

RichT
3 hours ago, Sassenach said:

The last week has been really good.

A week long window with only a couple of wavelets.

Some days were better than others but I was able to walk the dog every day sometimes twice.

I was also able to wash the car do outside jobs and indulge my hobby a little.Thursday was particularly good and the best for a very long time marred only by a little brain fog and blurred vision.

I have started to score my days as a percentage, can only be relative to how I remember feeling before all this started.

The last two days back to a wave, temperature dysregulation ( thank you Gridley for telling me what it is ) freezing all day day yesterday. Walked dog 1.5 miles yesterday morning hoping to shake it off. Did not work bed rest of day.

Today walked dog 9AM for short distance feeling rough. Again back to bed.

No idea whether that is true but it helps me.

Hope everyone is as lucky.

‘Good to hear how well you’re doing. I hope it continues!

R

rainbow
On 4/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, Gridley said:

When the time comes you can make your own liquid or cut the pills and weigh them.  The AWS Gemini 20 scale is available (not expensive) on Amazon in the UK.  We can provide you with instructions when you're ready.

Hi Gridley. How much is the minimum mg that the AWS Gemini 20 scale weighs or measures? I 

Gridley
14 hours ago, rainbow said:

Hi Gridley. How much is the minimum mg that the AWS Gemini 20 scale weighs or measures? I 

I haven't gotten down to the really low doses yet.  Right now I'm at 29mg pill weight of my brand of Lexapro, which is 2.8mg active ingredient, and it's doing fine.  But the scale will measure only in increments of 1mg pill weight. Take a look at Brassmonkey's signature to see how he handled this limitation.

Sassenach

Thanks Gridley.

Glad to see your taper is back on track and hope you and all your's are well.

Love to the Yorkie😁

DeterminedAnna

Hey Sassy (ha ha),

I thought I'd come over here and say hello and ***THANK YOU*** for all your lovely messages on my intro thread.

As you've seen, I've posted my liver test results there and I'm now not as concerned about them. Alto and your words on this point have been of great reassurance, thank you.

I'm not sure what you were asking about with regards to 'Dia....' but if that's 'diazepam' I think you may have got your wires crossed or seen something on my thread that I wasn't going to go near... benzos... I see that can be of short-term help but I don't want to add them into the mix. I figure stability is what I need more than anything, so taking a benzo even for a day or two is going to cause some degree of destabilisation.

I'm practising being grateful for the following:

- I can sleep for about 7 hours a night (was only getting 2 hours a night during January and February)

- I can eat (zero appetite in Jan and Feb, but as I'm a curvy girl, appetite loss isn't a big concern to me!). And actually, as my Seroxat dose has come down, so has my appetite and weight, so this is actually a good thing.

- I have had a few calm, positive evenings this week, despite some stresses

- I have friends on this site and we're are all on the same wavelength.

Now to you:

- Your past week has been really good – is there anything you can pinpoint as being behind this? A lesson for the future maybe?

- What's your hobby that you've been indulging?

- What are you looking forward to that's on the horizon?

Thank you again for all your kind posts and encouragement. Really means a lot. Anna X

VincentV
On 4/14/2019 at 6:05 PM, Sassenach said:

do not like conspiracy theories but is beginning to feel as though the GPs have been to told to keep silent while the NHS sorts out the potential implications

I would agree with you, there is a really weird wall of silence. In fact it's worse than that, sometimes it verges on downright gaslighting. 

My GP basically said (after I'd told him about withdrawal) that there was nothing he could really do if I was "choosing to face depression on my own", ie with out antidepressants. Err no, I'm having to face a withdrawal syndrome from prescribed drugs on my own because you're basically telling me I have too. Why exactly? I can understand that we've all been poorly informed, but I need candour. I still need support to get on with my life as best I can (there isnt going to be a 'cure' as such for this beyond rarely prescribing). I need to be able to tell the people in my life who matter to me whats wrong in the same way some one with MS can and not risk disbelief. Not have them roll their eyes out of ignorance and blindly  tell me to 'just go back to the Dr'. I cant. The Dr genuinely, scarily, actually doesnt have a clue. 

I would love to form/join some kind of patient pressure group to help get this scandal exposed. Im sure people are. 

Sassenach

Hi Vincent

I am sure you know the NHS and NIHCE are currently reviewing the guidelines but are not expected to publish until late this year.

There has already been substantial exposure in the UK via television, rado and newspapers, see https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forum/15-in-the-media/

My GP was equally reluctant until I told him what I intended to do.

As soon as I effectively took the decision out of his hands he agreed to do whatever I needed to help me.

Leads me to think that at least some do know there is an issue but their hands are tied, which leaves them between a rock and the proverbial.

Problem is we are the ones suffering.

Hope you are doing OK

Sassenach

Sassenach

Why do I need so much sleep.

Used to be 6-7 hrs a night, up at 6am.

Still up at 6am tried to sleep on but cannot.

By 1pm I am exhausted and fall deep asleep for 1/2 sometimes 3 hrs and feel dreadful when I wake.

Last window 9/5 and poor week since.

Have to keep playing Iggy Pop, keep on believing.

Sure I will get there eventuallyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Gridley
27 minutes ago, Sassenach said:

Sorry you're feeling a little low.  These sleep disruptions and fatigue are unfortunately part and parcel of withdrawal.  You'll get there.  I only wish I could tell you when.

Frogie

Just wanted to know how you were doing?

Hope well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

RichT
15 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Used to be 6-7 hrs a night, up at 6am.

Still up at 6am tried to sleep on but cannot.

By 1pm I am exhausted and fall deep asleep for 1/2 sometimes 3 hrs and feel dreadful when I wake.

Last window 9/5 and poor week since.

Have to keep playing Iggy Pop, keep on believing.

Sure I will get there eventuallyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm the same  - I fall asleep during the day most days.

I'm sorry you've hit some tough times, I hope it passes soon. You definitely will get there!

R

Sassenach

Hi Gridley, Rich

Thanks guys.

I guess I must be feeling a bit better if all I have whinge about is sleep🤣

Hope you are both ok.

Sassenach