Wantoffdrugs: side effects - possibly permanent?

Wantoffdrugs

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I am currently tapering off of Risperidone. The Risperidone has made me go to the bathroom frequently. I literally go every half hour. My doctor says it's not from the Risperidone. And now it has made me lose the ability to sleep. In one and a half month I have only slept for 4 days. I read somewhere that even if you're off of Risperidone the side effect can be permanent. Is this true. Has anyone experienced it? I'm scared because does that mean I will be going to the bathroom every half hour for life and not sleep ever again? Is this how the drug is going to kill me because I would die if I don't sleep right. Help I'm a scared. Are the side effect really permanent?

• ChessieCat changed the title to Wantoffdrugs: side effects - possibly permanent?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wantoffdrugs and welcome to SA,

It sounds like you might be experiencing withdrawal symptoms from having gone off your drug too quickly.

So that we can offer suggestions about your own situation we need you to provide your drug history.  Once you have done that we will be better able to assist you.

Please create your drug signature using the following format.   Keep it simple.  NO diagnoses or symptoms please - thank you.

• details for last 2 years - dates, ALL drugs, doses
  • summary for older than 2 years - just years and drug/s

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This is your own introductions topic where your can ask questions about your own situation and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management