☼ Jgarza7: withdrawals from Invega Sustenna

Jgarza7

You will get better, it will just take more time. This is so hard, but keep going and you'll eventually feel better as you heal more.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

@Fausto33 how can people not heal? How can it permanently damage? I believe everything heals with time. I felt worse in the beginning months but I’m feeling a little better now. 

From what I've learned, and from my experience, I feel that the entire mind-body is physiologically upset.

I no longer have the drug in my system, but the effect the drug caused after I stopped taking it suddenly is still here. Like a plant that has its roots ripped as it is pulled out of the ground, the nervous system in withdrawals is rather like that I've heard. It seems to be a fitting analogy, seeing as how delicate the nervous system is, and how long it takes to heal it...

...I have never had such a long lasting and intense Dp/Dr experience in my entire life. I actually had bad drug trips in the past that were milder than this. I'm amazed how accustomed to this "fake world" I've become.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

We're all still early days yet in recovery though, still very much at the beginning of recovery. There is hope @Fausto33!

People suddenly feel better after a long time where healing doesn't happen gradually.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

It varies from person to person, but the consensus is that it takes years to feel better, from what I've read.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

• Administrator

@Jgarza7, please answer my questions in

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator

@Jgarza7 how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol ☼ to the title of your Intro topic.

jgarza has reported full recovery here 

in our recovery Success Stories forum. As is our custom, I will close this topic.

• Altostrata locked this topic