SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Jgarza7: withdrawals from Invega Sustenna

Jgarza7

Not currently, although I have recently started looking for work again as I do feel that I am more capable these days.

I was put on Disability Allowance at the beginning of my withdrawals, which I was fortunate to receive. That has helped me to remain safely in rented accommodation for the time being.

Here is a little bit of what led me to the E.R. last year, and to my being prescribed those drugs, in case you may be interested;
I had to leave my home with my wife in Japan after living there for almost 4 years, finding a new home for my cat and leaving all that I cared about.

Returning to Ireland last year really hit me hard.

An anti-culture shock, and facing my old dysfunctional family coupled with the loss of my cat and my home, it all led to my "mental breakdown".

Thankfully, my wife has been a wonderful and loving support through it all.

Work is something that gives some meaning to my life, and I desire to continue.

How have you been getting on? Are you able to work?

Best regards,

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

No, I do not work. I’m a disabled veteran and get paid monthly by the government. I wanted to ask you if you were always on medication? Versus how I was never on medication and I take one trip to the physiatrist and boom jab me with this poison. 

I never took any medication, previously, apart from a very short course of an antidepressant about 6 years ago which lasted for 6 months roughly.

I had no negative affects from this medication, and stopped it cold turkey without any major withdrawals, apart from nausea.

Olanzapine I was prescribed last year certainly affected me in this negative way, I would even say that I had a bad reaction to it.

It felt like a switch "popped" and my feelings were robbed from me. 

A few days prior to taking the antipsychotic last year, I took two days of an antidepressant also (the same one I took 6 years ago), but stopped it quickly due to heightened anxiety.

I thought I would feel better on it, as I felt fine when I last took it, but apparently not.

The brain changes, and this must be why that second time around, the medication didn't have the same affect.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

Well, I really hope we get better soon. Idk if there are phases to this recovery. In the the first four months I did feel really bad. And now I feel as if I can sort of deal with it. Maybe it gets better as time goes by.

Even that change is something positive. It shows that we won't be like this forever. 

Things will continue to improve.

As regards to phases, I personally haven't really felt any phases, just a sort of slow progression of an easing of the anxiety and depression - perhaps a growing accustomed to it? I'm unsure. I do feel much better than I did in the first few months of my withdrawals. 

Reason for Medication

Summary    

When I think about it, it scares me too, but finding hope in the withdrawals is important. 

May I ask what sort of things you get up to during your day?

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Thinking of how to spend the day is a challenge... It's hard...

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Did you have any hobbies you enjoyed doing?

Reason for Medication

Summary    

I use to workout in my garage and enjoy playing some video games. Now everything seems flat and dull. No enjoyment in anything. I can someone survive like this? 

I felt the same, and honestly, my positive emotions are still largely flat. My motivation is very low. Not much brings me excitement. 

My anniversary is coming up soon, and I was triggered by a conversation I had with my wife. I felt unworthy, because I had no motivation to go to the place we had planned... I thought about how I used to be, and how I used to have so much energy to do things. I feel bad for my wife, but I talked with her, and she understands... We are damaged, and currently recovering.
There are positive emotions that are re-surfacing though, enough to let me get some pleasure out of watching movies and playing video games. That is definitely a positive thing.

I am so truly fed-up of this, as it is a huge test to relationships especially... I'm so irritated at those "doctors"...

It does feel like it won't end, and when you're in it, it feels hopeless... But, it gets easier. It has gotten easier for me.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Hi Jgarza7,

I'm doing ok, mainly struggling with high anxiety and DP/DR daily at this stage. Thanks for asking.

It is definitely a physiological change that is causing the anxiety, and less mental. 

Definitely the body and mind are out of harmony from that awful drug and are trying to repair themselves.

Just have to keep taking care of myself, try eat better and exercise, interact with people as normally as I can. 

How are you doing?

Any signs that are different in any way these days for you?

Best,

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

@Shane88L May I ask how old you are? I am 30. My wife has just been reading the recovery stories from bluelight to me. There are days that I wake up and I feel like I can’t handle what happed to me. Then, on other days I wake up and I feel like I can do this. It’s very strange. I know for a fact that about 2 months ago, I was really bad with anxiety then panic and feel suicidal. Just like you had described. It does feel a little easier now but I still have days like I can’t handle what’s happening to me. 

I'm 31. I feel the same.

Some days are better than other days, but, for the most part, everything is getting easier. Slowly but surely.

Thinking about what has happened is hard.

When you feel like you can't handle anything, the only thing you can do is cry.

Cry for the damage done to you... For the injustice...

The tears are healing, but I find it hard to cry still.

Emotions are stuck often. 

Reason for Medication

Summary    

We definitely can. 

It will keep slowly getting easier, but there will be days where it feels like no progress has been made, as I've experienced. 

Just have to find the positives in life now!

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Thanks very much.

You too!

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Me i lose hope is incredible.. 8 month and 2weeks Nothing.. no thoughts, no emotions, no libido .. Nothing of chemical reaction electric.. Everyday i need to give big pair of pie at my psychiatrist… 

@Fausto33 how do you not feel any improvements? You feel exactly the same everyday? I mean I had two injections and I feel a little better. I’m not my old self but I don’t feel as bad. What I am wondering is how long it takes for us to heal. Is it when the medication is completely out? Or when the medication is out and you have to wait for the body and brain to heal? 

@Fausto33 and @Shane88L 

I had the 234mg and 156mg injections back in December 2018. I was feeling so bad and drinking a lot of water everyday. I did a blood test to see how much was in my body back in April 2019. That would mark 4 months from the last injection. Here is what it said...16mg and it was 4 months only. I can’t put the picture file is too big. 

I believe that recovery starts to happen once all of the drug is out of your system.

With injections, it is probably much longer than with pills, but I don't know... I feel that injections will take longer to recover from due to that being their intended use for "doctors"/psychiatrists. Most definitely you will continue to improve. Definitely.

I think keeping a diary and writing down anything positive when it happens, even the smallest of things, is a good thing.

It helps to look back to those better/easier moments when things are really hard, just to remind yourself that healing is happening. 

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Hi @Fausto33

Would you mind describing your "typical" day in withdrawal recovery?

Best regards,

Shane.

Reason for Medication

Summary    

Its depend, sometime i run and walk 2per weeks but its so difficult with no motivation, and sometimes i listen music rap, doing Nothing in bed see movie, masturbating.. cigarette ..  

• Administrator

jgarza, to help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:20 AM, Jgarza7 said:

@Shane88L May I ask how old you are? I am 30. My wife has just been reading the recovery stories from bluelight to me. There are days that I wake up and I feel like I can’t handle what happed to me. Then, on other days I wake up and I feel like I can do this. It’s very strange. I know for a fact that about 2 months ago, I was really bad with anxiety then panic and feel suicidal. Just like you had described. It does feel a little easier now but I still have days like I can’t handle what’s happening to me. 

How long has it been since you had an injection of Invega Sustenna?

Those symptoms a couple of months ago might have been withdrawal symptoms. What was the pattern in which they went away?

Recovery occurs in The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization 

also see

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

4 hours ago, Jgarza7 said:

@Fausto33 how do you not feel any improvements? You feel exactly the same everyday? I mean I had two injections and I feel a little better. I’m not my old self but I don’t feel as bad. What I am wondering is how long it takes for us to heal. Is it when the medication is completely out? Or when the medication is out and you have to wait for the body and brain to heal? 

4 hours ago, Jgarza7 said:

@Fausto33 and @Shane88L 

I had the 234mg and 156mg injections back in December 2018. I was feeling so bad and drinking a lot of water everyday. I did a blood test to see how much was in my body back in April 2019. That would mark 4 months from the last injection. Here is what it said...16mg and it was 4 months only. I can’t put the picture file is too big. 

Do you have any physical symptoms now, or is it mainly emotional anesthesia that bothers you?

I don't know what those blood tests show, or how meaningful that is.

You could say the way psychiatric drugs "work" is that they deaden emotions. This effect can last long after the drug leaves your body. It goes away very gradually over many months.

Those windows when you feel better are your nervous system rebuilding itself. It can only do this in bits at a time, so sometimes you have waves where you don't feel so well.

To help your nervous system along, try not to dwell on your unpleasant symptoms and do what you can to enjoy what you usually enjoy. This "exercises" the enjoyment function and promotes recovery, while worrying over whether you will recover stalls recovery.

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Do you have anxiety? How is your sleeping?

Reason for Medication

Summary    

I sleep 8h normal but my sleep is fuckings i sleep but i Don't feel me sleep.. i have not the emotions of sleep and i have no anxiety .. i have side effect say in the past of this thread.

day after day i think my life its finish at 20 years because of a stupid very stupid and inhuman psychiatric girl i need to **** them..