SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

4 hours ago, JB1234 said:

Hi RandyJames, 

My Akathisia is less pronounced in the movements. Thank you for asking.  I am going to neurofeedback /neurostimulation tomorrow.  Hoping that will help a bit with everything 

I'm glad to hear you are a bit better at least.  I'm interested in how the neurostimulation goes.  I wish you good luck with it.  

1994-2009 benzos from age 20 to 36.  Added Cymbalta 60mg in 2007.

2008-2009 tapered benzos to zero and quit Cymbalta Cold turkey.  WD HELL for two years

2011 started on Lexapro to combat the withdrawal and it worked.  

2015 switched to Prozac as Lexapro was not working as well

2017 quit Prozac cold turkey November and crashed into WD.  Reinstated Prozac In December with no benefit. 

2018 Switched back to Lexapro in January and it took most of the issues away in around 2-3 weeks

2019 In February Lexapro has pooped out and WD feelings back.  Tolerance WD I'm sure.

March 12th Upped my dose to 30 mgs per doctor's advice to see if Tolerance WD goes away but have had worsening sleep issues with limbs jerking and less sleep.

March 17th dropped back down to 20 mgs and had less limb jerking last night but sleep no better.  

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

@ChessieCat sorry for posting this thing about the supplements. I’ve already researched this and would like to know about other people’s experiences. Where can I repost my questions? 

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

Thanks friends from SA that have responded to me or shared their thoughts. It is really difficult to navigate how to ride the ups and downs of some experiences. I am my own worst enemy with this. My mood shifts rapidly and I have a great deal of self-loathing in regards to how I view things presently. Everything has taken on a darker tone of negative energy. My perceptions change and my mind interprets things with the cup half-empty even when it was half-full before.  I tell myself that people who have been good friends of mine still are there for me. However, something in my mind tells me that they don’t have any regard for me or that they actually have little interest interacting with me or that my mere presence is a burden or irritation. I want to address these things somehow because this mindset or negative perception stops me from interacting with others, having comradery. 

I self-isolate this way

recently

I have overreacted to a few things verbally out of agitation at home and in public...that have led me to feel like I am overboard and out of control.  At home these feelings include intense  guilt and and shame.  

The overreacting.,,I don’t know if this stems from Akathisia... however I can describe it is similar to feel explosively irritable and then angry if I am put in a situation where I feel ‘trapped’ . I feel this in traffic at times especially if someone is blocking me from getting out of a parking lot etc.  I have to constantly slow myself down and think what is appropriate or not and take the time to behave rationally and not out of emotion.

It is very strange because the intense impatiences is not rational.  It is very much a FEELING.  It is kind of like being smothered and desperately trying to get air.  My sense of restlessness , impatience in certain situations, and feelings of not able to stay or sit still are intense and restricted to certain situations. 

Remarkably I am able to be extremely patient in situations where I do not feel physically restricted or “cramped”. 

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Try much to explain what is going on to my better half but she doesn’t understand and I cannot explain it. 

I try to communicate to her that when things become overwhelming... I have these thoughts of self-harm which come and go.

I am unable to explain this to her it seems.  It is difficult for me to verbalize this. 

I do not want to burden her with this.  However, I think she needs to know that this is not just in my head. 

I was curious in a previous question if any of you received significant relief from using fish oil or magnesium.  I don’t know if I can stop taking fish oil and expect to feel different.  

I am going to neurofeedback / neurostimulation tomorrow. 

I’ll let you guys know

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

I’ll skip the details.  I want to reinstate to a previous dosage of either Citalopram or Clonazopam if it will help me to reduce the intensity or severity of my symptoms.  My irritability and agitation are so far out of hand...I am unable to slow down and respond appropriately to stressors. My own suffering is not the issue.  I am so hypersensitive and overreactive that I feel I am going to blaze a trail of destruction in my personal relationships.  Small things feel like big things.  Sarcasm and impatience from my spouse feels like someone kicked me in the teeth. Went to direct neurofeedback today 1st time.  Very odd feeling during and wired, jittery, anxious up leaving.  I just need some breathing room. 

Any thoughts on moving from 6mg to 7.5 mg on citalopram or instead similar adjustment with clonazopam? 

I don't want make myself worse

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

Hi JB1234, 

I just wanted to reach out to you because we have many common symptoms, including current thoughts. 

I am virtually non functioning right now, apart from eating and pacing.  

I just wanted to suggest that if possible you increase your relaxation techniques.  What you describe about the gym is like me in my house with my family.  I have to retreat because my nervous system cannot cope with the overstimulation at all. 

How are you finding work?  Tell the truth if you can.  You said it’s because your family depends on you.  

Please try to incorporate some quiet and relaxation as much as you can.  I am not updosing any further or reinstating because I want to try level out, if I can.  I

Sending you understanding and support, as best I can.  

Xxxxxx

Pantoprazole 40mg 2016 to 2019 Mirtazapine 15mg May to Aug 2017 (Akathisia)

Seroquel and Abilify July 2017 (caused itching and SI) stopped immediately 

Lorazepam July 2017 to February 2018 (up to 3mg daily) tapered to 1mg by Feb ‘18

Escitalopram 20mg Aug 2017 to 18 April 2019 tapered over 13 months from Feb 2018 

Diazepam crossed over from Lorazepam 1mg to 10mg tapered to 1mg by June ‘18

Updosed back to 2mg bad crash June 2018 . Restarted taper Dec 2018 to present

April 2019 reached 0.15mg Diazepam and was holding. 

CRASH 24 April 2019  Severe suicidal feelings, anxiety, akathisia started suddenly.

Updosed Diazepam immediately to 0.5mg x 2, up again to 1mg x 2 on April 30th

Zopiclone 7.5mg 3rd May for 1 week RI Escitalopram at 2.5mg on 6th May, inc to 5mg 9th May then 10mg by mistake on 21st May, red to 7.5mg 27th May Updosed to 10mg per pysch team 5th July. Lorazepam fully switched to Diazepam 11mg 5th July 

Thanks so much @BreathofAir your post is much appreciated.  I think your idea of relaxation is a good idea.  While my personal life is in need of improvement I thank God I am able to work.  .... The overstimulation is so real. It’s very hard for others to understand and I catch a lot of flack from my wife in this area...

She used to give me such a hard time about my requests to turn down the music in her car or when I attempt to sit and watch a movie.  

People don't understand that with hyperacusis that a sound can be perceived as being so loud and uncomfortable that it is just as unsettling as being slapped in the face. 

The akathisia is a source of conflict as well.  She interpreted my restless movement as some sort of impatience with her or negative attitude.  

Currently, attempting to repair things with wife.  

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

My relationship with my wife has been strained by all of this as well.  The worst was during my first WD when I was down for the count the entire time.  I can relate to not wanting to burden her with my problems and when I have felt suicidal at times.  The last thing you feel like doing is frightening them or putting them in a stressful position.  It's a hard situation because if you don't share what you're going through they wont know what to expect from you and you also have to go through it all alone which is really hard in this situation.  

I've been taking magnesium and fish oil consistently for around a month now.  It's hard to say how much it has helped.  I've been doing a bit better lately but I also dropped down in dosage so I don't really know what's what.   I tried taking them both a few months ago and it sure didn't seem to do anything then.  I believe I took it for a few weeks and gave it up the last time.  This time I have been taking both in the morning and both at night also.  I've also been taking folic acid and b12 in the morning and calcium at night with the magnesium and fish oil and 3 mgs melatonin.  At first the melatonin didn't seem to work but I have been sleeping pretty good for a couple of weeks.  

Did you have your neurostimulation?  

1994-2009 benzos from age 20 to 36.  Added Cymbalta 60mg in 2007.

2008-2009 tapered benzos to zero and quit Cymbalta Cold turkey.  WD HELL for two years

2011 started on Lexapro to combat the withdrawal and it worked.  

2015 switched to Prozac as Lexapro was not working as well

2017 quit Prozac cold turkey November and crashed into WD.  Reinstated Prozac In December with no benefit. 

2018 Switched back to Lexapro in January and it took most of the issues away in around 2-3 weeks

2019 In February Lexapro has pooped out and WD feelings back.  Tolerance WD I'm sure.

March 12th Upped my dose to 30 mgs per doctor's advice to see if Tolerance WD goes away but have had worsening sleep issues with limbs jerking and less sleep.

March 17th dropped back down to 20 mgs and had less limb jerking last night but sleep no better.  

April 20th cut to 18mg.            

On 3/23/2019 at 2:56 AM, India said:

It’s called hyperacusis. The noise sensitivity. I have it too. Noise causes me physical pain. I cannot tolerate it. There is a thread about it somewhere.

Hi India, 

I hope you are doing ok. Hope you are Feeling more better than worse. I am curious to know more about your hyperacusis. When did you notice it?  Does it come and go? What types of sound is most bothersome. I haven’t been to the gym in a week after leaving out of frustration in the middle of working out.  Any noise that travels through solid structures “Bass” tones I find utterly agitating. Bass is difficult to stop with headphones bc it travels through. Anyways I experience the world like the volume is turned up on everything. I hear the refrigerator humming in a bedroom adjacent to the kitchen. Water running, dishes clanking together very bothersome.  

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
11 hours ago, JB1234 said:

I am curious to know more about your hyperacusis.

Here is an SA link on hyperacusis.  Also Google "SurvivingAntidepressants.org hyperacusis"

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Administrator
On 4/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, Altostrata said:

Here's your Intro topic, JB.

What has your tapering schedule been? When was the last time you changed a drug, what drug was it?

You are on a rather extensive drug cocktail. What times of day do you take each of your drugs, and their dosages? Do various symptoms appear at any particular time of day? Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Three of your drugs can cause those symptoms as side effects, or the reduction of citalopram may have caused a change in the way the 5 drugs you take interact.

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

JB, I still need to know the answers to the questions above.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Ok I will answer this very soon.

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

@Altostrata, @ChessieCat

I think this is where I am supposed to post this.  Thanks for any feedback.

Summary: for years my meds have been relatively constant.

Past 5 years
Citalopram, ritalin, low dose clonazopam, Modafinil 

History of med changes
The ritalin and Modafinil have been constant for years.

I have not changed these med in over 4 years. Sometimes I skip doses in the summer them in the summer. 

Side affects of missing dose of Ritalin and Modafinil are impulsivity, difficulty staying on task, sleepiness
———-

Medication change began last Aug of 2018

Lamictal added low dose 25 mg titrating upward to 150 over 2 months. 

Simultaneously I Began tapering off clonazopam. 

Later in September I made some reduction in my Citalopram (celexa)00

My reduction in i

————
Addition of Lamictal August of 2018
    ⁃    started 25 mg titrating upward to 150 mg
Symptoms
-mood more stable
    ⁃    some mild nausea
    ⁃    Decrease emotional lability 
    ⁃    I didn’t notice as side effects but productivity at work went up
    ⁃    **Sleep wake cycle normalized** no longer stay up insomnia until 2-3 am 
    ⁃    ————
Tapering schedule of clonazopam 
Began reduction of clonazopam during the month of August 2018
For every stepdown I waited a minimum of 3 weeks
1.5 mg
1.25 mg
1 mg
.75 mg
.67 mg
.5 mg
.37 mg
.25 mg (same dose)

Symptoms: headache,  cramps in shoulder and upper back, nausea, 

Anxiety relatively low

Fatigue, body ache, irritability

Increased alertness

Improvement in memory

Each step in taper was approximately 2 weeks of mostly physical symptoms followed by stability window
My clonazopam tapering was predictable 
————-

Tapering schedule of Citalopram 

Began with reduction of citalopram from 40 mg in month of September 

From 40 mg to 20 mg each step I stayed at approximately 3 weeks

40 mg

35 mg

30 mg

25.00mg

20 mg  
Symptoms primarily less intense: 
Memory loss
Forgetful
Severe headache (afternoon)
Dizziness (afternoon and evening) 
Increased libido
Hyperacusis 
Difficulty concentrating 
Low anxiety 
————

Citalopram continued
From 20mg to 10 mg I continued at a slower pace minimum of 3 weeks or more for each step. Symptoms that were most noticeable headache, dizziness, memory issues, 
Moderate anxiety 

17.5 mg

15 mg

12.5 mg (stopped tapering clonazopam staying at .25 mg

——————-
10 mg
3 weeks minimum 

7.5 mg
Stayed at this dose for over 1 month
Symptoms were very much reduced for a period of 4 weeks

SWITCHED to liquid form

7mg 6 weeks total

7 mg 3 weeks at this dose

Increase in hyperacusis
Increase in dizziness 
Increase in agitation 

7 mg 3 weeks
-Symptoms decrease intensity and frequency 
-Increased libido

6 mg still at this dose for past 2 months 
Addition of Akathisia 
Severe agitated 
Severe Anxiety 
Hyperacusis increased 

Symptoms 

Agitation 
Irritability 
Hyperacusis (late afternoon and evening worst)
Return of anxiety 

When was the last time you changed a drug, what drug was it?

Last time a changed a drug was a reduction in citalopram from 7 to 6 mg over a month ago (date)

What times of day do you take each of your drugs, and their dosages? 
I take the citalopram 6 mg and Lamictal 150 mg  in the morning.  

The Modafinil I take 100 mg 8am
 morning and 100 mg 12 noon 

I take the ritalin 54 mg extended release at 8 am and two 10 mg tablets one 12 noon and 2nd 3pm

I take .25 mg of clonazopam at 10pm

***Do various symptoms appear at any particular time of day? ****

My Akathisia symptoms appear mildly in the morning.  They may be uncomfortable but this subsides around 9:30 - 10:00 am.  

My Akathisia gets most intense in the  afternoon (2:30 - 3:00 pm)

It seems to go away but comes back strong around 9 pm. 

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Three of your drugs can cause those symptoms as side effects, or the reduction of citalopram may have caused a change in the way the 5 drugs you take interact.

***Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic. ***

between your drugs
Major
citalopram modafinil
Applies to: Celexa (citalopram), modafinil
Talk to your doctor before using citalopram together with modafinil. Combining these medications may increase the blood levels of citalopram and increase the risk of certain side effects, including an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious or life-threatening. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or fast or pounding heartbeats during treatment with these medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs.

Moderate
clonazePAM lamoTRIgine
Applies to: clonazepam, Lamictal XR (lamotrigine)
Using clonazePAM together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. 

Moderate
clonazePAM citalopram
Applies to: clonazepam, Celexa (citalopram)
Using clonazePAM together with citalopram may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate
methylphenidate citalopram
Applies to: Ritalin (methylphenidate), Celexa (citalopram)
Methylphenidate may increase the blood levels and effects of citalopram. You may be more likely to experience side effects, including a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. 

Minor
clonazePAM modafinil
Applies to: clonazepam, modafinil
Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

For clinical details see professional interaction data.
Minor
methylphenidate modafinil
Applies to: Ritalin (methylphenidate), modafinil
Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed. 

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Administrator

Thanks, jb. What time in the morning do you take citalopram and Lamictal? Why do you take them at the same time?

Why do you take modafinil at 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.? Why ritalin at 8 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m.?

It seems odd to me that you are taking this mix of brakes (Lamictal and clonazepam) with accelerators (citalopram, modafinil, Ritalin). What is this mixture supposed to be treating?

4 hours ago, JB1234 said:

My Akathisia symptoms appear mildly in the morning.  They may be uncomfortable but this subsides around 9:30 - 10:00 am.  

My Akathisia gets most intense in the  afternoon (2:30 - 3:00 pm)

It seems to go away but comes back strong around 9 pm. 

I need to see if these symptoms occur before or after you take a particular drug. Given your drug schedule, it's not surprising you have symptoms of activation (you call t akathisia) after all those stimulants ramp up in your bloodstream.

It's possible your early morning symptoms are rebound anxiety from the clonazapam wearing off.

Please use this format to report your daily notes, interleaving your symptoms with your drug schedule:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

This appears to be where your symptoms started:

SWITCHED to liquid form

7mg 6 weeks total

7 mg 3 weeks at this dose

Increase in hyperacusis
Increase in dizziness 
Increase in agitation 

7 mg 3 weeks
-Symptoms decrease intensity and frequency 
-Increased libido

6 mg still at this dose for past 2 months 
Addition of Akathisia 
Severe agitated 
Severe Anxiety 
Hyperacusis increased

However, because the 5 drugs interact, your symptoms may not be withdrawal but from other of your drugs becoming more predominant as citalopram was removed from the ecosystem.

In the future, please put approximate dates on your notes. How long ago did you switch to the liquid?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I wanted to let you know I read everything you wrote in your response to me. I very much appreciate it.   I’m going to take some more time and see if I can fully answer all the questions you left. Also,  I am going to try to get get my wife to help me with specifics on dates. 

Today was good day in the morning, at work,  in good spirits end of workday. However,  in the late afternoon had a sort of internal meltdown  going to the gym. I suddenly lost my composure to think clearly, I became overwhelmed with frustration over small annoyances , my sensitivity to thumping bass sounds made it difficult and then I became overwhelmed with severe anxiety. When my anxiety crosses over into agitation and I feel uncomfortably angry ...  I try to disengage these feelings when I interact with people. I do a pretty good job

of keeping the agitation to myself (mainly by being polite and thinking about what is appropriate before speaking) I know my emotions internally at times are a gross overreaction of what they should be. That is why I feel like I have become so inhibited, so much more shy,  and withdrawn.  I do not want to say the wrong thing or behave in an inappropriate way

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

On 5/10/2019 at 11:20 PM, Altostrata said:

Thanks, jb. What time in the morning do you take citalopram and Lamictal? Why do you take them at the same time?

Why do you take modafinil at 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.? Why ritalin at 8 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m.?

It seems odd to me that you are taking this mix of brakes (Lamictal and clonazepam) with accelerators (citalopram, modafinil, Ritalin). What is this mixture supposed to be treating?

-
-Thanks , jb. What time in the morning do you take citalopram and Lamictal? **I take them first thing in the morning 7:30 -8: 00 am before work.

. ***Why do you take them at the same time?*** 

I think you mean as in dosing them at the same time.  No reason other than I don’t know of there would be any other advantage taking on or the other in the PM.  Do you know of any potential benefits to switching dosage time?***

***If you are asking why take both at the same time....Lamictal was intended as a replacement for Celexa and citalopram. *** 

*** Oops I take Modafinil at 8 am 
And 10 am Or later ..(I need to fix my medication signature) 

The ritalin I take at different times throughout the day for my attention related symptoms. I space my dosage throughout the day as ritalin has a very short half-life. If I take it all in the morning there is a huge peak and huge valley. I do believe that it is unhealthy for me to take this pharmaceutical cocktail. However I think it’s a bad idea to try to get off too many things at once.

It seems odd to me that you are taking this mix of brakes (Lamictal and clonazepam) with accelerators (citalopram, modafinil, R italin). 
What i s this mixture supposed to be treating?  

It is odd.  Its a nightmare and I wish I could just stop them all but that would probably not be good.  It’s not something one doctor put me on.  The current doctor I have has strongly pushing for me to eliminate or taper so that my brain can recover... so over the course of 20 years...This is more or less from being put on one thing for anxiety/depression(SSRI )...couldn’t get off of that..then another thing for ADD (ritalin)... then later another thing to add because of severe fatigue and lethargy. (Modafinil )
Then addition of something else due to severe anxiety attacks...
Continued taking that..and that made me worse (clonazopam)
I’ll try my best without jumping into a long winded history of not relevant info.  
SSRI started for depressive symptoms and severe anxiety. (Anxiety precursor to the depression always)
ADD meds due to problems with ADD academics since middle school, disorganization from early on,  etc. List goes on. These meds sometimes really help. The strong ones definitely bad for me. (Adderall)
Modafinil was prescribed to me because of severe fatigue, lethargy

Clonazopam was a late intro to the mix.
I knew my brother found it helpful for anxiety/ OCD difficulties.  I tried it and it did help at first

I have been very careful getting off slowly. A couple of years ago I forgot to refill my script in time and i skipped 5 days of dosage. i had  muscle spasms in my face which made it impossible to smile from muscle tension. This symptom subsided after taking it. My doctor warned of seizures stopping too quickly....
Out of all the meds I feel clonazopam has contributed greatly to my dysfunction.  It did not help me to solve problems associated with anxiety.  Instead it made me cognitively slow and I became less aware things going on.

Why I went on Lamictal...
 The reason is that my anxiety/mood/dysfunction was increasingly worse.  It was suggested by a family friend / therapist that has a very strong background in mood disorders (especially cyclical mood disorders) that my medication regime was making my mood and everything else worse.
There was a concern that the SSRI might be inducing problems with my mood stability. 

Too many meds to figure out what was going on with me and how to get well. 
Lamictal was intended as a replacement for Celexa and citalopram. 

After taking Lamictal and tapering clonazopam for about a month.... my circadian rhythms normalized and I experienced a huge improvement in my day to day ability to function.  (This stability has continued)The improvements I experienced where less noticeable by me and more by people I interact with.

There were no psych meds in my life prior to entering University. 

Regardless of what diagnosis was made by anyone... severe anxiety existed in my life since being 8 years of age. 
Born 1975 

My 1st year of university.  My mood hit rock bottom and that upon getting help is when my SSRI became something that was essy to start but difficult to quit.
I was on Paxil, then Zoloft, then fluoxetine, then celexa in effort to reduce side effects.

1st time discontinued an SSRI was 2nd semester sophomore year and with Paxil. I went from “Well to Hell” in less than 3 days

ADHD treatment center and doctor prescribed Modafinil in 1996 for severe sleepiness and in’s I’ve to stay awake in the mornings.

Was on adderall which messed me up because it was overstimulating and disrupted my sleep

ADHD was a nice label for all my dysfunction

In later years maybe

Great question...
Product of problems with depression, severe anxiety, ADD, ADHD dysfunction treated with meds as bandaids.
-
-I need to see if these symptoms occur before or after you take a particular drug. Given your drug schedule, it's not surprising you have symptoms of activation (you call t akathisia) aft er all those s timulants ramp up in your bloodstream.

It's possible your early morning symptoms are rebound anxiety from the clonazapam wearing off.

Please use this format to report your daily notes, interleaving your symptoms with your drug sched ul e:
-**gotcha.***
-However, because the 5 drugs interact, your symptoms may n ot be withdrawal but from other of your drugs becoming more predominant as citalopram was removed from the ecosystem . ..**makes a lot of sense .. i need to notate more accurately so it’s possible to pinpoint problems as you describe ***

In the future, please put approximate dat es on your notes. How long ago did you switch to the liquid?
-** will do .  During periods when I am more productive I intend on going back to postdate my notes. 
Now under excessive stress things feel so much like a blurr.  Answer is I switched to liquid Celexa 2 months ago. I’m wondering if people absorb or get less of the actual drug when going to the liquid.

Hopefully this makes sense. 

Currently my sense that I need to move back and forth, need to pace, explosive sense that I cannot sit still has significantly reduced in intensity and frequency.  

However a new terrible feeling has come back to visit.  I am experiencing persistent and acute sense anxiety and sense of impending doom and it won’t go away... it’s been like this for days

I am a middle school science teacher working in the inner city teaching 8th grade. Last year my own problems + a number of kids that were physically and mentally hostile + zero support from admin = emotional breakdown & exacerbation of stress related anxiety.  I had students physically threaten me, get in my face, insult me with profanity and even a few racial epithets. Unfortunately I went to the ER twice almost went on disability. Worst year out of 17 years teaching. ***This year much different despite all of my terrible experiences getting of meds and yes suffering... my job performance and stress management has been good. I have had ZERO serious discipline problems for the whole year until two days ago when a student became verbally abusive and threatening ..this reoccurred day two. 

I am trying to shake this feeling by doing normal fun things with family but I feel so consumed that it is darkening and poisoning my sense of well-being. 

It’s as if the bumble the buffered me from suffering the ill effects of regular day to day stress has been shattered.  

Despite my re-evaluating this situation as not being a consequence of me. Despite getting support from the parent and admin and knowing that things will be fine.... I have such severe fight ot flight and I cannot shut it down.  I will NOT take more meds.  I am going to exercise... but any advice, incite, or shared experience very much appreciated

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

@Altostrata I don’t know if you automatically get notified of replies.  I tried to answer all the questions you asked. Hopefully I did not give too much non-relevant info.  Your feedback and  response is much appreciated

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Administrator

Thanks for the information. I need to see the daily symptom notes. I think some of your symptoms are drug-induced.

Gotcha. I just went back and checked your example..

I will work on that

I have my suspicions that this might be related to too much stimulants.  

I am thinking it would benefit me to reduce my stimulants 

Would you recommend maintaining my current level of Citalopram and clonazopam until I find out more? 

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, JB1234 said:

I am thinking it would benefit me to reduce my stimulants 

Would you recommend maintaining my current level of Citalopram and clonazopam until I find out more? 

It's best to only make one change at a time, otherwise if something worsens or improves, you won't know what caused it:

Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I have not made any changes for over a month on any of my meds.  Previously I was only tapering the citalopram.  I will continue with tapering citalopram. 

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Administrator
15 hours ago, JB1234 said:

Yes, let's look at your daily notes. I agree, the stimulants may be backfiring now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:05 AM, JB1234 said:

I’ll skip the details.  I want to reinstate to a previous dosage of either Citalopram or Clonazopam if it will help me to reduce the intensity or severity of my symptoms.  My irritability and agitation are so far out of hand...I am unable to slow down and respond appropriately to stressors. My own suffering is not the issue.  I am so hypersensitive and overreactive that I feel I am going to blaze a trail of destruction in my personal relationships.  Small things feel like big things.  Sarcasm and impatience from my spouse feels like someone kicked me in the teeth. Went to direct neurofeedback today 1st time.  Very odd feeling during and wired, jittery, anxious up leaving.  I just need some breathing room. 

Any thoughts on moving from 6mg to 7.5 mg on citalopram or instead similar adjustment with clonazopam? 

I don't want make myself worse

Hi JB1234 I saw in another thread you experienced vertigo are you still having it ? I am having it and it can be overwhelming , how do you handle it  its very debilitating as it also gives me nausea ....  its almost a week ,

hope you are doing better  

2007-2016 citalopram 20mg -40mg

tappered and discontinued all of oct 2016 6 month taper  (wd symptom  insomnia and some ocd anxiety)

Nov.2016 -May 2017 cipralex 20mg

June-Sept 2017  xanax 0.25- 0.50mg   3 times a week

June 2017- Sept. 25.2017  Paxil  20mg - last week was 30mg bc of drug feeling reaction

Sept 27 - Oct 12 2017 Fluxatine 20mg

discontinuation Oct 13-18th 2017 withdrawal  from paxil and fluxatine

Reinstated Oct 19- 23 Fluxtine 10mg, Oct 24- 2 2017 Fluxatine 5mg,  Nov 2-19 2017   Fluxatine 10mg Dec-Jan 4 2018 Fluxatine 20mg, Reinstated Feb 18 2018  fluxatine 1mg, didnt work  June 6  Celexa  5mg than 10mg, June 3 Klonopin  .5 - 1mg,    june 11 oxazepam 5-10mg,   zopiclone in june  7.5mg  on and off,    June 24 reduced  to  5mg Celexa 

Nov. 20 2018 titration k  0.02mg reduction from 0.5- 0.380mg,  Nov.  25 2018  mourol 1 dose for cystitis

March started Brassmonkey method   0.30 k   current 0.28 kcelexa 5mgNov.2021 0.08 updose  0.09 feb. 2022 0.085k  march. 0.08 april 0.075k may0.070k june 0.065 june23  0.060

NOTE: using liquid Rivotril - 2 drops of (2.5mg) rivotril  with 20ml water 

@Altostrata hi it’s been a while. Here are my med symptoms notes.  

Monday 5/20/2019

Took .25 Clonazopam 11:30pm

Before bedtime feel nervous 

12 midnight went to bed
12:45 fell asleep

Woke up 6:30 use restroom.. felt unrested

8 am woke up, breakfast, took meds Lamictal, citalopram, ritalin, Modafinil 

8:30 went to work

8:45 feel nervous arriving (no more than usual)

9:00 felt focused, got a lot done,  not nervous 

9:59 productive period

11 am meds dose # 2 ritalin
Next 2 hours good
11:40 eat lunch
Feel good until 1:20 or so

1:37 
physical anxiety 
Feel a little pit in stomach 

2:10 
sweating feel antsy and difficult time focusing 
Slight need to shift back and forth (but passes)
Head hurts

2:30 
Slow thinking 
Sound interferes with focus
Took meds dose 3 ritalin 
10 mg

2:45
Friendly observation 
-Huge rush of anxiety, feel flush,  ok to work but surge of adrenaline.
-Feel strange sensation need to rock back and forth
-Feel anxiety in chest.
—Not upset but anxiety persists
— positive feedback on observation was yet feel so anxious
— positive comments about huge improvements since last year feel good ... but overwhelming anxiety dampens enjoyment 

3:15 
Work over
Feel anxious still

3:30
Off to gym
Feel anxiety leaving work

3:35 -3:55
Breath exercise for relaxing when driving 

4:00
Gym area cluttered
Anxious 

4:15 
Get very anxious and must move things to use environment for exercise get social anxiety when too many people encroach 

4:30 
Feel better after starting and breaking a sweat 

5- 7 pm
ok not really symptomatic (while exercising) 

Talk to a friend briefly over the course of workout 

Mainly listen

7:30 Grocery 

8 pm dinner

9 pm
put daughter to bed
 in good mood 
Not irritable or impatient 

10:00 pm headache 
Tension jaw

.5 mg clonazopam 

Sleep

Not groggy 

A little slow but mentally good
—————
5/21/2019

Am breakfast meds 8:00

No problematic symptoms 

9:00
10:00
No problematic symptoms 
Very focused and productive

11:00
Feel spaced out 
A little forgetful sequencing

1130dose 2
Ritalin 10mg
Modafinil 50 mg

Good up until period 5

Lunch dose 3
1:30 dose 3

6th period 
Clear headed 
Anticipation anxiety 
A bit of paranoia but dimiss

6th in a rush ready for observation 

7th on topic organized. Observation no show. Did a good lesson anyway

3:00 - 3:30 on task getting stuff in order (no wasting time or fumbling)

Plan to go exercise and then attend sons baseball game

End of school anxious about getting things together and working out.
3:30

Planning to minimize frustration 

3:40 leave organized to gym

Anxiety moderate

3:55
Severe anxiety 
Wife calls and conversation provoked severe anxiety gym parking lot see my friends and feel like I don’t want to go and be around people like this

4:00 feel bad
trying to lower my sense of anxiety to enter again
Energy-wise Feel like a deflated tire

4:25 
feel sad
Tense
Leave to go home 

4:45
-Came home 
Overcome by sense of being Very tired (emotional)
went to room 
Feel sleep

Evening walking and dinner feel better

9:30 some sense of need to move restless 

11 anxious getting into bed

Took regular .25 clonazopam at 12 midnight 

5/22/2019 Wednesday 

Wake before want to get up 6:30 am

7am up feel decent maybe a little groggy

Take medication Lamictal, citalopram, Modafinil, ritalin

9 am have meeting
-Feeling very uncomfortable sitting social anxiety 
-Slow thinking 
-Difficulty articulating
    ⁃    groggy
    ⁃    Feel very uncomfortable 

10 am ok

11 am ok took 10 mg ritalin

12 noon 
tired 
spaced out
Confusion

1pm
Tension 
Noise sensitivity increased 
(Difficult to hear individuals speaking due to background)

2:00 pm 
Noise sensitivity more pronounced 
Anxious sweating 
Difficulty concentrating 

2:30 pm staff meeting 
feel anxiety not out of control unpleasant 

3:15 work over feel anxious 
Spend 45 min taking it easy

4:00 gym

4:15 anxiety is terrible but I keep my composure and do my workout 

4:45 anxiety worsens feeling like getting claustrophobic too many people around me.  Need space

5:30 anxiety lowers 
forget about anxiety working out 

6:00 sound sensitivity 
irritability with noise hits me
Loud techno over speakers / terrible rap music on another speaker 

Chaos is not bliss!

6:15 feeling angry
finishing workout but not relaxed

Let it pass

7:00 home
Relaxed
Better mood
Small sounds seem like they are “huge” dish sounds ouch!

Headache 

8 pm
Go for walk with daughter 

9 pm 
Low anxiety 
Bedtime kids

10 pm prep for tomorrow 

12:00 am
Clonazopam .25

12:30 am bed

———————-

5/23 Thursday 

7am

Take medication Lamictal, citalopram, Modafinil, ritalin

9 am low anxiety, high fatigue 
10 am OK
11 am took 10 mg ritalin
12 noon difficulty thinking concentrating 
1pm. 
1:30  pm took 10 mg ritalin

2:30 noise sensitivity, feel disoriented, anxiety low manageable

4:00 hyper focused on task after work
Enjoyable

5:30 Rush to Back to home school night for daughter 

Feel agitated at people park

6:00 pumped with anxious energy, walking fast, feel a little paranoid about what people think of me

6:30 Anxious about what behavior think. Become very reserved

7:00 
11:00 clonazopam.5 mg
Brain doesn’t want to rest
Mind running 
Racing thoughts 

Insomnia 3:30 am

Mind womt
8 pm

12:00 midnight .5 clonazopam 
Summary Anxiety far less
Working on bridges 
Zone out for hours
Rush to open house
Driven by a motor
Energy turns into tension 
Pleasant 
Come home

Insomnia 
———————-
5/24 Friday 

Extreme anger in morn
Felt terrible lack of sleep
Not functional
Anxiety moderate and not overwhelming 

Felt excited to go home
Took son to baseball 
Disrespect from him I overreacted slam door, yell, swear

Return home too tired and emotionally drained went to bed

5/25 Saturday 

Woke up later
Good breakfast 
Birthday Party 
2.5 - 3 beers 

3pm meet at home son

4:00 pm
Someone got into backyard and stole the new bike I bought and put together for him this April .

4:15 pm
Found man with sons bike at encampment of transients. Adult in 30’s riding bike and locking it up,
My blood was boiling 
Confronted him after confirming it was son’s bike 100%

Man unlocked bike after I threatened to call cops . Got bike. I lost my temper and impulsively threw the mans bag with his belongings over 50 feet into the LA river.  Not proud of example I set. Realized Could have put my son in danger

Insomnia 3:30 am

5/26 Sunday 

Insomnia 4:18 am

5/26 

Went backwards on clonazopam taper as of 5/27

.25 to . I 5 

Akathisia-like symptoms seem to disappear

Anxiety lowered considerably 

5/30/19
Observation at work went well
My evaluation of performance at work is best it’s been in years

As of 5/31/2019. Feeling lethargic and numb

5/27 — 6/3/19

Feel very much brain in a fog.  Very difficult time planning things and following through.  Concerned because I don’t feel like myself.  Feel somewhat depressed.

**thinking maybe better to not increase dose on clonazopam back to .5 ***

I would rather feel jittery than dead inside. 

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Administrator

It looks like there's variation in your drug schedule. Please settle on a schedule, you have to take the drugs consistently so we can see a baseline symptom pattern.

As before, I am uneasy about your taking all those drugs at the same time in the morning. Not only can this lead to drug-drug interactions, but we can't tell which is causing the problems if you regularly have symptoms later.

As usual, I suspect the stimulants of contributing to your anxiety, but I can't tell what's going on from your daily notes because of your inconsistent drug schedule.

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 9:45 AM, JB1234 said:

Hi I am new and don’t know if anyone is on this topic and more.  I am coming off celexa as well as clonazopam and feel like I feel like my old personality is coming out of hibernation from other episodes of my life. This is something I don’t find distressful. However, it seems like my memories of the past 10 years or so are a blur. I feel like I have been doped up. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

happy to hear, how are you now? are you tapering both meds?

2007-2016 citalopram 20mg -40mg

tappered and discontinued all of oct 2016 6 month taper  (wd symptom  insomnia and some ocd anxiety)

Nov.2016 -May 2017 cipralex 20mg

June-Sept 2017  xanax 0.25- 0.50mg   3 times a week

June 2017- Sept. 25.2017  Paxil  20mg - last week was 30mg bc of drug feeling reaction

Sept 27 - Oct 12 2017 Fluxatine 20mg

discontinuation Oct 13-18th 2017 withdrawal  from paxil and fluxatine

Reinstated Oct 19- 23 Fluxtine 10mg, Oct 24- 2 2017 Fluxatine 5mg,  Nov 2-19 2017   Fluxatine 10mg Dec-Jan 4 2018 Fluxatine 20mg, Reinstated Feb 18 2018  fluxatine 1mg, didnt work  June 6  Celexa  5mg than 10mg, June 3 Klonopin  .5 - 1mg,    june 11 oxazepam 5-10mg,   zopiclone in june  7.5mg  on and off,    June 24 reduced  to  5mg Celexa 

Nov. 20 2018 titration k  0.02mg reduction from 0.5- 0.380mg,  Nov.  25 2018  mourol 1 dose for cystitis

March started Brassmonkey method   0.30 k   current 0.28 kcelexa 5mgNov.2021 0.08 updose  0.09 feb. 2022 0.085k  march. 0.08 april 0.075k may0.070k june 0.065 june23  0.060

NOTE: using liquid Rivotril - 2 drops of (2.5mg) rivotril  with 20ml water 

• 2 months later...

Celexa taper hypomania followed by feeling down 

Hi anyone out there? I have Been stable on Celexa. 5 mg for over 2 months. My symptoms of Akathisia have subsided to the point where I stopped thinking about it!  I’ve made a 20 mg cut in my ritalin for ADD a month beginning in mid September and I feel  less anxious as a result.  I made a recent citalopram  taper of .5 mg and My mood became unstable. I feel it sent me into what feels like a period of hypomania followed by a dramatic shift to depressive feelings. The sadness, and low feelings have been going on for a full week.  This has resulted in big problems at home. I’ve been doing extremely well since August. But now I am very concerned with this recent change. I went talk to the doctor on Wednesday. He seems to think it’s the withdrawal. Anyone else want to share their thoughts or advice?

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Administrator

Good to hear your nervous system has settled down, JB.

What times of day do you take your drugs, at what dosages? Are your symptoms better or worse at any particular times of day?

Since a reduction in Ritalin improved your symptom pattern, why did you decide to reduce Celexa? We advise changing only one drug at a time. Whenever you make a change, your nervous system has to accommodate to it. Making one change after another can upset it again.

If I were you, I'd go back to 5mg Celexa, your nervous system is still vulnerable from all the drug changes in the last year or so.

Please put dates of drug starts and changes in your signature, thanks.

By the way, we still need this

On 4/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, Altostrata said:

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

Thank you for the advice.  I decided to reduce the Celexa because I felt stable enough for extended period and felt it would be safe. I am going to tough out my 4.5 mg as I want to be rid of this SSRI.  I feel SSRI’s have limited my creativity, blunted my personality and numbed me from the reality in an unhealthy way. I already posted the interactions thing but will update my meds info and times shortly 

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Administrator

That may be so, but you are taking risks that we caution people not to take. Not sure why you ask for advice here.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to share a cautionary tale about Tramadol... it acts on Serotonin!!!  I recently received surgery on my hand and wrist and was prescribed this as an alternative to hydrocodone. I am only taking 4 mg of Celexa and... After a couple of days On Tramadol I began to experience terrible headaches periodically, my blood pressure went from normal to really high... and my mood went really really low despite my hand recovering well. 

I asked my pharmacist and doctor about this med before taking it in reference to meds i am on and there was no info from them that was cautionary.  

I experienced other symptoms less obvious that became apparent to me as indicating maybe Tramadol caused Complications with my stability getting off an SSRI. The sexual side effects of the SSRI returned, agitation that was not typical of my experience, and general sense of confusion. 

this is a bad drug in my opinion.... it may help some... However it has temporarily screwed me up. I feel awful... but I think it will pass.  

so caution with Tramadol if you are on or are getting off and serotonin reuptake drug it can have serious complications. I’m not  doctor so don’t stop your Tramadol because I was just on it a week.  I just think the serotonin uptake component of this med is not widespread as common medical knowledge. Thanks for reading my post. I hope it is helpful to someone 

Edited by JB1234

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

@JB1234 Please note I merged the new topic you started in with your own thread. Yes, Tramadol does affect serotonin - it's a combination of a synthetic opoid and an antidepressant (SNRI).

I'm glad you linked your symptoms with the Tramadol and were able to come off after only being on it for a week. If you're interested in learning more, please see: 

Tips for tapering off Tramadol

Hopefully these symptoms will fade out quickly, now that you've stopped the drug. 

• 3 months later...

Hey JB, how ya doing? I'm glad to read your akathisia has subsided!

2005 - 2016 on & off methylphenidate and bupropion; short terms trials of other medications; tried many supplements

2016 Nov - 2017 Mar citalopram ramp up 0-->30mg (4 months)

2017 Mar - 2018 Jan held at 30mg (11months); taking 1.5x 20mg tablets, cutting 20mg tablets in half. inconsistency in split tablet led to extreme side effects.

2018 Feb - 2018 May taper 30mg-->20mg (3months), ~2.5mg/month, cutting tablets; at 20mg side effects (vertigo, headache, etc) disappeared

2018 May - 2019 Apr held at 20mg (11months); attempted taper from 20mg; tried ~17.5mg cutting tablets but symptoms too strong

2019 Apr - 2021 Jun tapered 20mg-->10mg (26months); ~5%/month dissolving tablets in water and pipetting with syringe; min lorazepam 2-3x/mo to mitigate symptoms

2021 Jun - 2023 Nov held at 10mg (29months)

2023 Nov - Nov 7 10mg solid to liquid; Dec 7 liquid 10mg; Dec 14 9.9mg; Dec 21 9.8mg; Dec 28 9.75mg; Jan 27 9.65mg; Feb 3 9.53mg; Feb 18 9.45mg

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, JB1234 said:

@powerback thank  you for your words of encouragement.  can you please explain to me about the exercise as a setback?  I have found that exercise is one of the few things that restores my mood and reduces all of the symptoms.  Unfortunately,  if I go two days without exercise my mood just drops.

Hi, I'm new, so I'm sure I've missed a lot. And I haven't started to taper off of Lamotrigene yet. I've started to exercise as well and find myself feeling much better even for few days. It could be psychological but I'll take it. Just personal experience; not citing any sources.

• Lamotrigine 400 mgs nightly for Akathisia
  • BP
  • BP
  • Allopurinol
  • Low dose aspirin
  • Xanex quit July 2020 > or < for ruminating
  • Diazapam quit October 2020 for pain
  • Update pending 

I wanted to post here to let people know that I have improved remarkably since last posting.  I no longer have akathesia related to SSRI discontinuation. I have gone from 40mg to 2 mg celexa over a 2 year period and am grateful to people on here that have shared their reassurances and advice.  I did not proceed with NF bc I felt it did more harm than good.

Citalopram 2 mg

Clonazopam .25 mg

Lamotrigine 150 mg