SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Oliver1974: sertraline / Zoloft tapering

Oliver1974

Hello friends

It’s day 58 with Zero Diazepam. I’m very glad to say that my physical anxiety (very tight back and neck) has abated to a 3 out of 10.

I’ve picked up my new capsules from the compounding pharmacy that I will use to bridge over from the generic Setraline pills that I’m taking. I plan to bridge in 25mg increments per month, witch at 75 mg will take me 3 months. Once I’m fully on the capsules, I will begin titrating off this EVIL DEVEL’S ****!!!!!!!!!

May 2018
- 75 mg Zoloft 
- 75 mg Trazadone 
- 0.75 mg Xanax 

March 2019
- 75 mg Zoloft
- 2 mg / 1 ml liquid Diazepam 

August 2019

- ended diazepam taper

75 mg Zoloft 

My intro thread: Oliver1974: sertraline / Zoloft tapering

My benzo thread: Oliver1974: Benzo withdrawal and backache

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oliver1974

• Shep

• powerback

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're doing really well. 

7 hours ago, Oliver1974 said:

I plan to bridge in 25mg increments per month, witch at 75 mg will take me 3 months.

I like how you're doing this very slowly. Please check in before you start your taper and let us know how you're doing. 

Shep,

I will certainly keep you updated and let you know before I start titrating.

regards

Stefan 

May 2018
- 75 mg Zoloft 
- 75 mg Trazadone 
- 0.75 mg Xanax 

March 2019
- 75 mg Zoloft

August 2019

- ended diazepam taper

75 mg Zoloft 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Shep,

I hope you are very well. Just wanted to give you a quick update on this end. I’ve finally started meditating after years of people suggesting I should. That, and stretching on a daily basis every morning. I’m only on day four so I don’t have much to report except for that it’s doable. The meditation that I do is really quite simple. I sit on a pillow, close my eyes and concentrate on my breath for 10 minutes. When I get comfortable with 10 minutes I will increase the time. My short term goal is 30 minutes. eventually I would like to make it a full hour every morning. 

Thanks in large part to Sertraline I’ve put on 35 pounds of extra blubber. I just finished reading a book called the serotonin power diet and I’m implementing its strategies. It’s put carbohydrates in a whole new light, a very important one for anybody on SSRIs

On November 9th I shall begin swapping over to the farmacy prepared Setraline capsules that I shall eventually titrate from. I’m already being cautious, but to be even more cautious I’ve decided to stagger the new capsules throughout the week. 

Mon.       = 75 mg generic pill

Tue.         = 50 mg generic pill + 25 Capsule

Wed.       = 75 mg generic pill

Thur.       = 50 mg generic pill + 25 Capsule

Fri.           = 75 mg generic pill

Sat.          = 50 mg generic pill + 25 Capsule

Sun.         = 75 mg generic pill

The following week I will swap one of the 75 mg generic pill days for a capsule + pill combo. I will keep making these substitutions on a weekly basis until just the combos are left. Then I will start swapping said combos out for full 75 mg capsules every week until I’m left with nothing but the farmacy prepared  75 mg capsules. Job done. 

THENNNNNNNNN..........I begin the terrifying journey into the titration badlands. 

regards

Stefan

May 2018
- 75 mg Zoloft 
- 75 mg Trazadone 
- 0.75 mg Xanax 

March 2019
- 75 mg Zoloft

August 2019

- ended diazepam taper

75 mg Zoloft 

• Administrator

I think you'll be fine, Oliver.

As for meditation -- if you can meditate for 10 minutes, that would make you a champion meditator! There's  reason they call it practice -- nobody ever does it perfectly. Every little bit helps, though, keep doing it and you'll get better at it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends,

This is kind of a silly question, but I want to ask it anyway.

I’ve been taking 75mg of Zoloft (sertraline)  for a year and a bit. In that time I’ve noticed my zest for life steadily dwindle and my weight skyrocket. I’m not depressed or sad, I’m simply “nothing”. It’s frustrating because I thrive on creativity and this junk has robbed me of all of it.

When I titrate, will my zest come back?!

May 2018
- 75 mg Zoloft 
- 75 mg Trazadone 
- 0.75 mg Xanax 

March 2019
- 75 mg Zoloft

August 2019

- ended diazepam taper

75 mg Zoloft 

• Moderator Emeritus

This sounds like anhedonia, an extremely common side effect and withdrawal symptom. Please see:

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia

Many members list this as a symptom that they've recovered from in the success stories:

Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

No reason to believe your zest for life won't come back, too. Just takes time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Oliver-- I'm hearing that your are interested in buying a set of scales, but because you're in Europe it is hard to find the Gemini-20 that we often recommend. I did a quick search and it is available at all the European  Amazon sites (Amazon.de, Amazon.it, Amazon.fr, Amazon.es) for around 52 euros.  There are other alternatives available.  The important thing to look for is that they measure to 1mg (0.001g).  They are all pretty much the same, in fact if you look closely some of them are the exact same scale with different names printed on them. The Gemini-20 has become the standard because when people started making their own reduced doses many years ago, they were the only ones available at a reasonable price, and they were of decent quality.

How are you planning to do your reductions?

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello, Oliver. How are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.