Shanti

Tremors, shaking, body vibration, internal trembling

Toulouse

I don't feel the need to move, or feel restless at all.  My legs or arms don't feel the urge to move. It's the muscles sort of twitching and tremors without actually moving anything. At times it can feel like a vibration in my hand.  It lasts a few seconds then may repeat a few more times then it's gone. Then another muscle elsewhere - a leg maybe - will have a hamstring muscle twitch sporadically for a few seconds. That's what I'm experiencing any way.

Fresh

Twitching and trembling are different to akathisia.

I haven't had any episodes since September 2014. Once it went after I reinstated , it hasn't come back.

coldturkmama

I had it early in withdrawal as well as the restlessness. It lasted a while but eventually faded away.

crhawk

Have you guys also had muscle spasms/twitching?

This is completely new for me and just started last night.  Didn't think much of it, as it only happened once last night, but I'm now having frequent spasms/twitching in my left leg - mostly just in one spot, to the right of my knee.  Have had a couple in my thigh.  Has happened probably a dozen times today.

Toulouse

Yep. Me too. Alto recommended magnesium to me and it definitely has helped. I have been taking it in the evenings.

Skylark

I still have that sometimes, but it never lasts that long. Could it be food related? I know sometimes too much sugar brings on those fits, whatever they are.

MissSerene

Anyone else have feeling in lower legs like short or dull "zaps" or "vibrations?" Or legs that just feel restless? I have had this on and off during w/d -- mostly off, but now on again.

downtongirl

Yes...I have a sense of humming or mile vibrating in my legs

whatshappening

I have these surges like an electric current is going through my body and happens only when I'm resting or lying down trying to nap. Of course I can't once it happens. Also, I get the jerks either in my arm, legs and sometimes scarier is my whole body which also happens when i want to sleep or just waking up in the morning. In fact... this morning my whole body jerked 4x in a row it looked like I was being electrocuted. 

I just got off clonazepam so I'm thinking my body is adjusting to it's absence. 

downtongirl

I have these surges like an electric current is going through my body and happens only when I'm resting or lying down trying to nap. Of course I can't once it happens. Also, I get the jerks either in my arm, legs and sometimes scarier is my whole body which also happens when i want to sleep or just waking up in the morning. In fact... this morning my whole body jerked 4x in a row it looked like I was being electrocuted. 

I just got off clonazepam so I'm thinking my body is adjusting to it's absence.

What's happening I am getting the jerks waking me up from sleep about 2 hours after I go to sleep sounds very similar to what you d scribed...have they gone away or gotten better for you?

Junglechicken

Last night because of being so stressed out (had decided to hand in my resignation), I developed a tension headache but also felt this buzz throughout my body which I guess was adrenaline??

Had to hug my toy seal pup in order to help calm me down.

Did not have a good nights sleep at all, and hubby and I were cursing for lack of sleep.  It hasn't helped that we have been on camp beds and in sleeping bags for over a month now.

btdt

pardon me I need to get this all in one place

I now have a movement disorder that is the update

Make copies of all your posts here so you have it as a reference later when you may need it to see how you health has progressed as I wish I had done that way back at another site as I am sure there are particulars that would help me and my doctors today.  

You may not feel you have the energy to do it but trust me copy and paste into a file could save you a lot of stress later if you have further issues.

Imagine if all you ever wrote here was deleted and you needed the information due to memory issues ... you would have dates and specific issues you posted here that information could be invaluable to the future you and your future doctors. 

Tremor I had before quitting Effexor and a dragging right foot ..my foot had changed and I could no longer put a boot on that foot in the winter living in Canada wearing clogs all winter is a bad idea yet I had no choice I could not bend the right foot enough to get a boot on. 

These are some of the reasons I went off Effexor I was way to scared to think of this on  my own it was a neurologist who came up with the idea... 

After what I had experienced after taking Prozac - for pain and not knowing it was a psych drug as I was never told it was a psych drug... I thought the resulting sever adverse reaction was all my own crazy brain... I took treatment after that to keep those reactions from returning I had not clue they were all drug induced ... my fear of having those experiences again kept me drugged 18 years so you know I was not stopping Effexor without a fight but it seems I had hit a wall and my body was revolting.  While waiting on test for MS ect to come back off E I went and tried a few other drug concoctions but they were of no value to me for the tremor or the foot drag or any of the other things... I know there were more but can't recall them now. 

Tremor and the foot improved gradually very gradually over the last several years I did however break that foot twice in the last six years and it hurts but I can't say now if it hurts any worse than it did before I broke it or not??? up for debate I can't remember well enough ... at this point it seems it has hurt for ten years at least. Why I don't really know various reasons and for the ladies out there it sucks to never wear a nice pair of shoes again side note. 

Seems all I had to do was get off the drugs and go thru hell to get my body to ease back to something I could almost be comfortable in there are many other things but laying contorted in my bed in pain is over... just some lingering things and pain of course pain has been a huge part of this for me .. body pain headaches.

I had a car accident in Dec 2012 sound a  long time ago but really it was only 15 months ago short if you consider how long withdrawal is... after that accident I had a tremor in my right leg and arm .. it came together at the same time to the same rhythm

I talked to my doc about it and we both thought some nerve had been irritated and it would settle in time... it did gradually noting heals quickly for me everything is gradual... the arm stopped shaking in unison with the leg but the leg continued  tho it gradually had a tremor less and less. 

When I learned years ago that these drugs can cause parkinsonism I figured that was what I had some form of it and having parkinsonism will leave you more vulnerable to Parkinsons disease in the future I was sure I would not be one of those people as I am adamant about drug control in my own body and have turned down a drug store full of pills in the past 6 years... 

If it was drugs that cause it I was going to lessen my chance and heal. 

This morning I was shaking not just my arm and leg but my head my arm my torso ...shaking all thru my spine. It lasted maybe a minute not that long but long enough to draw my attention that this is something new.  

I looked up tremor of course the varying types and causes. 

http://www.medicinenet.com/tremor/page3.htm#what_are_the_different_categories_of_tremor

Read a suggestion of putting a paper on the outstretched hand to see if there was a tremor... there was in both hands. 

I read all the causes and since my sister just passed it could be a emotional issue.. I sure hope it is...I use to hate the idea that things were all in my head but today I hope it is.   Stress of course can make anything worse... could be that too. Being in my head means I will eventually get past it when grief lessens.  

There are a few things I have been taking tho I tend to react badly to drugs I am taking and penicillin and two puffers for my lungs I had an infection almost done the antibiotics that I have never reacted too before... the puffers I don't like and in early withdrawal could not tolerate them one I think has a steroid and maybe it is the drug in the puffers that is causing this... I was jumping out of my skin anxious last night and took have a 500mg of taurine... that is it for my drugs... 

salvent and fluticasone are the puffers amoxicillian is the drug... 

it has been months since I was on an antibiotic this one can work sometimes 

I guess I could look up the puffers but this go around I really feel I need them or I would not be taking them... 

Drug induce tremor response could be due to the puffers if you have a leaning towards them I guess... I am not sure. 

This is my morning so far. A bit scary and I hope not a taste of what is ahead of me. 

Had to look up the puffers they both cause anxiety... 

and tremor... here we go again everything that has a nervous system side effect I seem to get... crap... I feel I need it but I need other things too... will have to choose I guess.

I have had jerks and shaking both.  

In the past two years vibrating in one leg and arm on the same said at the same time.  No cause has been sought hence none found I had a neurologist apt to figure it out but when I got there I could not remember why I went and apparently my family doc who referred me could not or would not write arm and leg shaking on the referral.  The last apt was last Aug... it has taken 7 months to get an apt to ask the same question....oddly enough after two years of this it has changed and is just the leg that shakes most of the time. 

I have this idea that my doctor no longer believes what I say here we go again... as I have had this before all based around symptoms from these drugs... it gets very old. 

No word on the shaking yet but a neurologist said I had a psychogenic movement or reaction in my leg don't recall what word he used.. He wrote it down for me the neuro surgeon said it was nothing when I showed him the paper.. so I guess it is nothing. Or one more thing that is all in my head.  I am use to it me the big google person I have not even looked it up.  I don't know it this has anything to do with shaking or not seems to me part of the movement was a shake. 

Bunyapine

In 2015 I was brought down too fast off Prozac. Among other symptoms, internal tremors were extremely distressing for a long time. During 2016 and most of 2017 they eventually came down to a manageable level. So at the end of 2017 I decided to reduce by 1 mg, but had to reinstate .5mg. Also I had a change from generic to pure Prozac around this time. Then the internal tremors intensified again and I am still having trouble with them. Last year I didn’t have a problem with anxiety and my OCD was at manageable levels. Now the anxiety and OCD is bad. I feel that I have the basic internal tremors from withdrawal, but now with increased anxiety and OCD, these have increased their intensity.  I suppose I just wait it out again.

Windsor77

I ct’d Lexapro in Oct 2017, reinstated Zoloft in December 2017 and I started to get the electric current feeling internally a couple months I Ron the Zoloft.  I switched to celexa in June 2018 and I am still dealing with these issues.  I feel like they are worse under celexa’s reign, and likely medicine induced.  But I can’t prove it’s not from the AD WD. 

I do not have resting tremor.   I lay perfectly still. It’s when I use my muscles that I feel the shakiness.  Much like one would feel after a hard workout. My left arm and leg can feel numb sometimes. Not always. 

I do sometimes feel the vibration feeling in my legs when I first lay down. Then it subsides.   My calves frequently getthe creepy crawly feeling like a snake under the skin, but this is not always present.   

When I am about to fall asleep, or when waking, I get the involuntary jerks in my index fingers and thumbs and big toes.  Sometimes my head will do the same thing from one side to another. 

Very rarely do I feel the jerks when awake or moving.   

My right thumb will shake if I am holding something a certain way, (think iPhone or paint brush) as if pinching a nerve. If I change position, it subsides. 

The overall vibration and shakiness is no fun and it seems to worsen for me with activity. I have tried working out but it exascerbates the feelings.   

All in all- my nerves, especially in my limbs, just seem and feel hyper aroused. 

Benadryl has helped calm this for me, but I have pretty much ceased that med due to the advice of the moderators.  

It has been 11 months of feeling this way.   I have had only a couple of periods when I felt baseline normal since then.  The last was about 2 weeks ago when I dropped from 7mg to 5mg. Nearly all symptoms ceased for around 10-12 days.   Now they are right back where they were. 

Although the “wired” feeling has been less since I lowered my dose.   

These symptoms are the most troublesome so far, as they persist. 

Jordgoode21

For the past two weeks my whole body has been vibrating it varies in intenseity throughout the day, I feel like I’ve been plugging into the mains

its come bundled with muscle spams, eye shakes and it feels like my brain is being rattled

i can’t rest I can’t sleep 

I’m hoping it passes once the celexa is out of my system 

has anyone else suffered with this?

any help would be appreciated cause I keep thinking I’m going to die

AwareButStruggling

I have not had brain rattles, but I am no stranger to body rattles and shakes and tremors myself. It's really awful. I am not sure I can offer a whole lot of advice other than to keep hydrated, get sufficient rest and obviously avoid extra stress as much as humanely possible. 

herod

I do hear this internal static. In my case it's more like a faint rumble in my right ear.

AwareButStruggling

I do get the upper body pain/pressure/squeezing/tremors the most. Very little of any tremor in my limbs. It's mostly focused on the upper body. It is most prominent during early to mid afternoon, as I feel the most anxiety/pain/symptoms in that period. Everything feels too bright and overstimulating and seeing a bright Sunny day when I feel awful is actually very depressing to me.

BfromNJ

I am having an issue with this right now.  Its awful.  I can kind of ignore it during the day, but at night its hard.  my whole body does this weird pulsing/shaking/vibrating thing.  its particularly troubling in the head.  :( 

Three weeks from my first luvox drop, wondering if its withdraw or a now adverse affect of the other two meds I am on.    Poly drugging sucks.  

Lzieb

Have any of you felt a terrible internal trembling/shaking/vibrating? I feel like my whole body is shaking or shivering, but it's not visible on the outside...just internal.

I have had this on and off through this process, but usually wouldn't last more than an hour or so at a time.

I have found that for the last three days it's been almost constant. It's worse in my hands and arms, but I can feel it through my whole body.

I've read this can also be part of anxiety.

Is this just another "normal" part of the process?

Anyone else experience this? How long did it last for you?

It's driving me crazy and seems to be worse every day. Almost like I'm having or about to have convulsions

This quote above exactly what I am going through @Altostrata... It started today and has been constant. Do you know how long is stays? With it, ny shoulders are also heavy, brain burning and chest tightness

Lzieb
On 9/22/2013 at 3:13 PM, Cookson said:

Is this a good sign? The reason I say this is because this is the first symptom I experienced when starting the medication

@Cookson, how long until your internal tremors went away? It was also my first symptom on Zoloft. 

Lzieb

@Altostrata, it finally calmed down but at the cost of any sleep

Altostrata

Lz, as you can see from this topic and others in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum, people have been discussing this symptom since 2011.

As we've discussed before, you will have waves and windows. Your symptoms will mutate. This is not an emergency, it's the neurological upset caused by going on and off drugs. It will take time to resolve.

Armorall

Yeah, I'm now vibrating like I'm on a vibrating bed since this morning. I did a light elliptical workout for 20 minutes in the afternoon ( very mild speed) yesterday and hadn't done it in a few months. Do I keep working out to see if my CNS will get used to it, or do I stop? I took magnesium last night and this is where I am now. I also took melatonin early this morning (the workout stimulated my sleep also). Not sure about what to stop and start. @Altostrata

Altostrata

Don't do things that make you feel worse.

LostRunner

I have been experiencing tremors/shaking 24/7 for three months now since stopping Citalopram. I took it for 7 days but had an adverse reaction. My torso/pelvis/neck tremors/shakes all the time and Ive been finding it very difficult to just sit/lay/relax - sleeping has been very hard and I've had to take a sleeping pill the past couple of nights.

From reading many posts I haven't really seen anyone who has had these tremors/vibrations 24/7, they seem to be for smaller periods of time at least.. I never had any issues with shaking or tremoring before my 7 days of Citalopram. Is this something that has happened to anyone else? and is it something that disappeared? My legs feel so shaky and weak when I walk its just not like me at all. previous to this I was running 2/3 times a week. 

btdt

There are people who have tremors 24/7 there are people who have jerking 24... there is not too much new in withdrawal... tho maybe I should not say that I have not been here for a long time.  I had tremors... slowing everything down EVERYTHING  no news no fast or demanding movements no tackling big problems... do meditate... put some heat on your spine do eat easily digestible foods bland is best green is good juice your greens if you have to. Rest rest rest... you are looking for a state that is turned down you will know it when you find it.  Magnesium baths were a life saver to me get the purest form you can.  Sleep as much as you can.  Take gentle walks when your able... avoid drama not easy these days but it never was.   

Stay off the computer as much as you can listen to music you love . 

Try this with heat on your spine pillows at your back 

wait... it takes a long time to heal and things you thought were gone will come back try to take it in stride and make the best life you can. 

peace

LostRunner

Thank you for your response and advice @btdt I've used hot water bottles and some deep heat just to provide a different sensation on my back. it's just so scary and uncomfortable, really want it to go or at least subside a bit. worried its permanent 

LostRunner

@btdt how long did you have tremors for? did they go away completely?