SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Myrah: help needed to understand if withdrawal symptoms or disease

Myrah

Clarification:  some of these posts have been made by Myrah's mother, some by Myrah.

My daughter was initially diagnosed of OCD when she was 20 years..she was given Daxid 50mg in 2012.
In 2013 November we changed her doctor due to change of city and she was given 100mg daxid and 1mg sizodan..the doctor slowly reduced her dosage over the next 3.5 years and in 2016 May she was at .5 mg sizodan and 25mg Daxid.. We didn’t know about the consequences of stopping this medicine and since she was perfectly normal that time we stopped her drug.. but her symptoms worsened in the next 6 months and in December 2016 she was saying she could hear birds and animals talking and was completely non functional..
The doctor said she has schizophrenia now and gave trinicalm plus..at this point both we started feeling it was the medicine that was doing something to her and once she was a little better we stopped trinicalm plus abruptly..she is completely out of medicines now..
Now she has got insomnia ,negative thoughts ,anger, thinking that some past know people are giving trouble,
Anxiety and uncertainty and insecurity about future are coming every now and then..she is also sometimes living in her own world and smiles to herself..at other times she is completely normal..
Is it withdrawal symptoms or should we go back to the medicines again? Please advice ..we are really confused and whole family is worried  Because of her condition..

Edited by ChessieCat
added username to title/added clarification

Jan 2017 to Sept 2017 -Daxid.  100mg + Sizodon 1mg 

October 2017 to Dec 2017  -T.Serilift.   100 mg

January 2018 to March2018- Trinicalm plus 5mg + Zisper plus

April 2018 to May 2018- Trinicalm plus 5mg 

Aug 2018 to Nov 2018- Daxid 50mg + Sizodon 1mg

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

May 2019 to December 2019 -300 mg gabapentin and 2.5 mg Trinicalm plus tablet-ContainsTrifluoperazine (2.5 mg) + Trihexyphenidyl (1mg)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Myrah

• Shep

• ChessieCat

• bhasski

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Myrah.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants.

Because we don't see the drug names you have mentioned on this forum a lot, I'm going to list the more common brand names. 

• daxid = Zoloft, antidepressant
  • sizodon = Risperidone, atypical antipsychotic
  • trinicalm = a type of phenothiazine, typical antipsychotic

Here is some general information on withdrawal:

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Healing from antidepressants. Patterns of recovery video (4 minutes)

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

When did she come off her drugs? Is she taking any supplements? What are her symptoms? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please continue to use this thread to document your daughter's taper and to ask questions.

If your daughter is able to post, we invite her to join the forum to ask questions herself and to get some support for others going through withdrawal.

hi Shep,

Thanks so much for the reply. Means a lot to us.

Dec 2011 to May 2016 - Diagnosed OCD and was on Daxid /Sizodan. Tapered and stopped  in May 2016.

Dec 2016- Severe setback and stopped talking and was like a vegetable. Doctor diagnosed as underlying Schizophrenia.

Started medicines again- Jan 2017 to Sept 2017- Daxid.  100mg/ Sizodon 1mg

October 2017 to Dec 2017- T.Serilift.   100 mg

January 2018 to March 2018- Trinicalm plus 5mg + Zisper plus

Aug 2018 to Nov 2018 Daxid 50mg+Sizodon 1mg - Daughter was very adamant and said she would not take any medication and threw the medicines out and stopped them CT in Nov 2018.

Current symptoms-

- Hallucination and smiles on her own. Lives in own world. 

- Disorientation and no interest in life. Does not respond immediately.

- Sometimes appear normal and responds. Some days she is good. When she meets her old school friends , she talks to them happily. But otherwise no interest in life.

- Insomnia. Giving Lonazep .5mg for the past two days for sleep. Is this ok? how to make her sleep without this? Is this habit forming?

- Closes all the mirrors in the house . Don't know why.. 

- Poor cognition and very dull.

Questions-

1) Will she ever come out of this or her life will be like this?  Or is this a relapse? We as parents feel guilty for doing this to our daughter. This feeling and seeing her like this is killing our family :(

2) What can help her for a faster recovery? 

3) Has anyone tried ayurveda medicine? 

4) Should we start medicine again and do slow taper? How long will this hell last? :(

5) How to help her with social interaction? Any help from this group? She lost all her friends and quite lonely now :( Not very interactive with parents  :(

6) Her sister is in US.. Would taking her to US and treating her again with latest drugs help her? 

Thank you for responding. None of the doctors in India gave us any warning about stopping or gave any info  withdrawal symptoms etc. :( We are grateful we found this site. 

Hoping to find some help! Thanks again for the reply.

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

May 2019 to December 2019 -300 mg gabapentin and 2.5 mg Trinicalm plus tablet-ContainsTrifluoperazine (2.5 mg) + Trihexyphenidyl (1mg)

• Administrator

We can't keep up with what these drugs are called everywhere in the world. To help us out, please use the generic drug names, for example, in bold:

• daxid = Zoloft, antidepressant sertraline
  • sizodon = Risperidone, atypical antipsychotic risperidone
  • trinicalm = a type of phenothiazine, typical antipsychotic

What is the drug name for Lonazep?

On 3/31/2019 at 2:36 AM, Myrah said:

Now she has got insomnia ,negative thoughts ,anger, thinking that some past know people are giving trouble,
Anxiety and uncertainty and insecurity about future are coming every now and then..she is also sometimes living in her own world and smiles to herself..at other times she is completely normal..
Is it withdrawal symptoms or should we go back to the medicines again? Please advice ..we are really confused and whole family is worried  Because of her condition..

This is very difficult, especially since your daughter is not participating here. At the times she is normal, how does she describe how she feels at the other times?

Since she went off all drugs in November 2018, how has her symptom pattern changed?

Some people are very sensitive to lack of sleep, this alone can give them symptoms of psychosis. What is your daughter's sleep schedule? A regular schedule is best, in bed at the same time each night, all lights out and very dark in the bedroom, up at the same time in the mornings. Staying on the computer or phone late can disrupt sleep.

See

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

We don't have many people utilizing Ayurvedic medicine here, cannot give you information it, sorry.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Myrah: help needed to understand if withdrawal symptms or disease

Drug name for Lonazep is Clonazepam..

When she is normal, she says she does not have hallucinations. But she feels very nervous about future and she says she is very anxious about  her life. Also feels very depressed and very less sleep. She also stops responding in between conversations and gets lost in her thoughts. Are these expected withdrawal symptoms?

What food would help her? I see some folks changing diet to help recovery. 

Her symptom pattern has been constant.. except some days have been better..

not much has changed since she stopped drug..

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

• ChessieCat changed the title to Myrah: help needed to understand if withdrawal symptoms or disease

Hello,

My daughter stopped her anti depressants cold turkey and is now in a recovery state.. 

Could people who stopped cold turkey and are recovering better, please throw us some light on what can be done to help those who CTed abrubtly..

Thanks for the support and guidance..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

I quit cold turkey and the withdrawals hit me hard a few months after discontinuing lexapro. I wasnt aware of what was going on at the time, so I spent a lot of time going to different doctors, ER visits, etc. trying to figure out what was going on. After about 4-5 months of dealing with the withdrawal symptoms, I finally figured out what was going on and I re-instated lexapro at my original dosage. This actually made it a lot worse, so we dropped the dosage. I tried to ride that out but still felt like a hot mess (to put it very lightly) so after a while of messing around with dosages with lexapro, my doctor put me on celexa at a low dose and I was able to stabilize from there. I'm still on celexa and feeling so much better, even though I prefer not to be on any anti-depressant at all, I just had to bite the bullet. I literally could not function at all...so I was desperate.

Re-instating isnt always right for everyone...so it's really imperative to sit down with your daughter and see what the pros and cons are with your options. I couldn't ride out the withdrawals and go to work at the same time. I had bills to pay and just became a father, so I had to provide for my family. I do plan on tapering very slowly within the next year or so. Whichever route you and your daughter decide to take, I hope the best for you both!

Started Lexapro (escitalopram) 10mg in 2009 for general depression/mild anxiety.

Stopped taking Lexapro in August of 2013 cold turkey.

Started having vertigo/dizziness in late January of 2014. Symptoms became worse over a few months. 

Re-instated Lexapro 10mg in June of 2014. Could only handle for a week before dropping down to 5mg.

Stopped taking Lexapro in March of 2015 and began taking Celexa 10mg.

Also taking topamax 25mg for headaches/migraines and losartan 25mg for high blood pressure.

I personally CT and fast tapered all of my meds. It was beyond horrific and was by far the hardest time of my life. Fish oil, mag citrate and taurine were the only things I used and the relief provided was very little. I refused to reinstate although there were many times I just wanted to give up and try anything for relief. Unfortunately there is very little you can do to help or to relieve her symptoms other than to reinstate at a very low dose and that is still very risky in my opinion. I feel very fortunate that I have recovered, but I was left with some issues do to the trauma I went through and even that is slowly getting better. If there are any other questions you have please feel free to ask, as a good support system is a big help during these trying times.

Joe

december 25th 2016 gabapentin 900mg 1500mg increased january 5th 2017 between may and june decreased from 1500 mg to 700 mg 

december 25th 2016 remeron 15mg 2 week taper stopped febuary 26th withdrawal leveled out in may 

december 27th 2016 coreg 12.5mg x2 a day

december 28th 2016 trazodone 100mg january 6th 75mg january 8th 50mg january 10th 25mg january 15th 37.5mg june 12th 25 mg 

hydroxyzine 25 mg prn 

colozopam .5 only taken .25 in two moths 

Hi,

I'm a 31 year old woman and I just went cold turkey about a month and a half ago.  Before that I'd been mostly on 20mg of Prozac for 8 years (on and off as we tried some different dosages and drugs over the years). 

For me, the worst/most notable problems so far have been crying fits and rage attacks, but I've been successful in coping with both.  The crying fits are annoying and a bit embarrassing, but I feel like if I just let them happen they're not so bad.  Sometimes I just have to keep working through them, like the time I couldn't stop crying about a dog show while cleaning windows (lol).  There's nothing wrong with water coming out of your eyes, so just keep swimming!

The rage attacks have been harder.  I feel so angry that have urges to punch or break things.  Before I really knew what was happening with the withdrawal, I remember having an argument with my husband and wanting to break something so bad that I picked up the toilet paper roll I was using for my crying spells and tore it to pieces.  To be honest, I think it helped.  Having something to hit or break really helps for me.  Right now we're looking into punching bags and foam bats.  

Anyway, that's what I know has helped.  I also use medical marijuana and CBD oil and that helps me with some symptoms.

Good luck, and hope this helped!

how long was she on the medication and at what dose?

i cold turkeyed off Paxil after 14-15 years on 20 mg and then a year of 40mg.

i didn’t have any withdrawal symptoms until 6 weeks off and then all hell broke loose. I didn’t realize that it was withdrawal until a while later. 

Had I known, I could have tried reinstating but unfortunately that can make things MUCH worse.

withdrawal can last years! Please get her back on the meds and have her taper slowwwwwwly if it’s safe to do so.

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

@coldturkmama “Had I known, I could have tried reinstating butunfortunately that can make things MUCH worse. “— would going back make things worse than it is now?  She was on meds from Dec 2017 to November 2018 on 50mg antidepressant and 1mg ssri..And was before on the same drug from 2012 to May 2016 and stopped ..it had to be started again in dec 2017..how to know if it’s safe to go back?

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

Why is everyone saying reinstating even at low dose can sometimes  make things much worse? Please guide ..and explain more ..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

How to reinstate? Should I start a low dose for both the drugs -ad plus ssri? Or start with one? Any recommendations?

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

What s the recommendation for reinstating the drug? I see low dose recommended in the group..should we do low dose for both the ad and ssri ? Or just one to start with? Any recommendations On how to go about restarting ?

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

9 hours ago, Myrah said:

Why is everyone saying reinstating even at low dose can sometimes  make things much worse? Please guide ..and explain more ..

it works for relieving the worst of the withdrawal symptoms for some people. for some others it either does nothing or it can actually make withdrawal symptoms worse, which is why it's all a bit of a gamble. 😥

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 4/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, Myrah said:

Insomnia. Giving Lonazep .5mg for the past two days for sleep. Is this ok? how to make her sleep without this? Is this habit forming?

On 4/9/2019 at 12:24 AM, Myrah said:

Drug name for Lonazep is Clonazepam..

Please add Clonazepam to your signature. 

Account - Settings - Create or Edit Your Signature

Yes, Clonazepam is habit forming. Dependency can start in as little as 2 - 4 weeks even with periodic use. I would stop giving her clonazepam, as it can also cause rebound anxiety and other problems. 

Is your daughter taking any supplements? If so, please list them. 

1 hour ago, Myrah said:

What s the recommendation for reinstating the drug? I see low dose recommended in the group..should we do low dose for both the ad and ssri ? Or just one to start with? Any recommendations On how to go about restarting ?

Is insomnia her worst symptom? 

If so, you may not want to reinstate the Daxid (Zoloft) but work with the sizodon (Risperidone).

Did the sizodon help her with sleep? 

I reinstated after 4 days off zoloft at the lowest dose possible. I never stabalized and It actually made me worse. I honestly think for me reinstating made me worse. But it can work for some people. And I tapere the med as my dr perscribed. Although way too fast.  Withdrawl is hell. And im sorry shes going through it but we do we do heal. It just takes time💓

13 months on 25 mg of sertraline.

Fast taper in march 2018, reinstated 12.5mg

Cold turkey sertraline april 17,2018

Zyprexa 5mg april 17,2018

Zyprexa taper to lamictal May 4-13 (life threatening rash)

Back on zyprexa 5mg for 10days & tapered over 5 weeks.

21 months off sertraline 

19 months off zyprexa

22 months into withdrawl 

Yes Sizodan used to help her with sleep..and she is not taking any supplements..

She has 2 major symptoms-

1) Insomnia

2) Thoughts which are overpowering her.. they are delusional..but she seems to believe them..

She was taking 1 mg sizodan.. Maybe we will start it back with 0.5 mg ..?

Good things-

Today we had guests in our house and she spoke very well to them.. and was also able to do yoga and breathing ..

It is 12 AM here and she is still awake .. Looks like clonazepam is not working ..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

This should have been posted in Introductions so a moderator would see it. So I'm gonna ask @Alto, @Gridley, @ChessieCat to move it and offer their suggestions and all they do for new inquiries.

Early 1980s 2 mg. vallium prn; Mid-1990s Paxil and 2mg. vallium prn; Somewhere in there Buspar

Early 2000s Sertaline 50 mg. and .25mg Xanax prn 

2008 Sertaline 50 mg but Xanax was increased to .5mg 6 times a day 

2015 Sertaline increased to 100mg. 2 mg. vallium prn and Wellburtrin (only on a few days)

April 2016 Venlafaxine XR 225mg with 50 mg. Zolft  and 10 mg. Vallium 3 times a day as needed

Fall 2017 Venlafaxine upped to 300 mg - 5 mg. Vallium 3 times a day prn; Jan. 2018 Venlafaxine 225mg w/Vallium

April 2018 weaned  to 187.50mg, 150mg, 112.5 mg at 4 to 5 week intervals vallium 3 times a day prn

July 2018 112.5 mg ; July 2018 started SA's 10% guideline w/ 2.5 vallium prn; lost notes  dropped to 89 mg by 10/22; 89 mg 10/29; 10/6 86 mg, 10/13 83 mg; 10/20 - 11/2 updosed to 89mg; 11/3 86 mg; 11/17 80 mg. 11/24 77mg - 12/20 80mg 1/ 20 77 mg venlafaxine; 2/19 75 mg Ven  still taking vallium 2.5 mg morning, after and evening

Simvastatin 40mg. daily with supplements: Magnesium, Omega Fatty Oils, Vitamin D3, Turmeric, Magnesium, 25 mg. to 50 mg. diphendramine for sleep

It can cause kindling (I believe it’s called) and make everything so much worse. If she has been off of it any amount of time, I would advise against it. 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, Myrah said:

She was taking 1 mg sizodan.. Maybe we will start it back with 0.5 mg ..?

It's been 5 months since she was on 1 mg and from your signature, that was the highest dose she was on.

So you may want to try a smaller dose than .5 mg. Perhaps .25 mg or even less, if you can get to a lower dose to start. Here is some information that will help. Please note, from what I've been able to google, sizodan is equivalent to risperidone: 

Tips for tapering off Risperdal (risperidone)

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms 

Please let us know how she does.

18 hours ago, Myrah said:

Good things-

Today we had guests in our house and she spoke very well to them.. and was also able to do yoga and breathing ..

It is 12 AM here and she is still awake .. Looks like clonazepam is not working ..

Benzodiazepines like clonazepam only work for a brief time. I would stop giving these to her so she doesn't become dependent. 

You may want to give you some melatonin, as that is much safer. But research this first. Please see:

Melatonin for sleep

You may want to try a bit of melatonin before reinstating the antipsychotic and see if that works. 

Please post your thoughts. 

my daughter became a bit violent for the past two days..we took to her to the doc and she has been prescribed the below

resperidone - 0.5 mg morning and night

clozapine 12.5mg night

Lorazepam 0.5 mg at night

we are so confused about giving her this..Is clozapine safe and can it be tapered once she becomes stable?

thanks for the help and support..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

Please put all drugs being currently taken and the new drugs (even if they are not yet being taken) into the Drug Interactions Checker and copy and paste the results here in a post.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

drugs

Major

Talk to your doctor before using cloZAPinetogether with LORazepam. Combining these medications can increase the effects of both medications. Depending on the doses you are using and the routes by which they are taken (orally or by injection), you may experience side effects such as extreme drowsiness, confusion, shallow breathing, low blood pressure, weak pulse, and incoordination. In severe cases, cardiac arrest, loss of consciousness, and even death have been reported. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Major

Talk to your doctor before using cloZAPinetogether with risperiDONE. CloZAPine can occasionally cause serious cardiovascular side effects such as low blood pressure and cardiac or respiratory arrest, and the risk may be greater in patients that are also receiving medications like risperiDONE. Cardiovascular side effects are most likely to occur when cloZAPine is first started, when it is restarted following an interruption in therapy, or when the dose is increased rapidly. The risk and/or severity of other side effects may also be increased, including dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision, confusion, dry mouth, abdominal cramping, constipation, difficulty urinating, heat intolerance, palpitation, irregular heart rhythm, Parkinson-like symptoms, and abnormal muscle movements involving primarily the face and sometimes the limbs. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Let your doctor know if you experience increased or excessive side effects at any time during treatment with these medications, and seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or fast or pounding heartbeats. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. If you miss your cloZAPine doses for two or more days, contact your doctor before you resume treatment, as you may need to restart at a lower dose. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

Using LORazepam together with risperiDONE may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs.
Note: this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drug and disease interactions

Drug and food interactions

Moderate

RisperiDONE oral solution should not be mixed with tea or cola. It may be taken with water, coffee, orange juice, or low-fat milk. You should avoid the use of alcohol while being treated with risperiDONE. Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of risperiDONE such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of cloZAPine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with cloZAPine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of cloZAPine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of LORazepam such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with LORazepam. Do not use more than the recommended dose of LORazepam, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic duplication warnings

Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.

Duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'antipsychotics' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'antipsychotics' category:

• clozapine
  • risperidone

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, Myrah said:

my daughter became a bit violent for the past two days..we took to her to the doc and she has been prescribed the below

resperidone - 0.5 mg morning and night

clozapine 12.5mg night

Lorazepam 0.5 mg at night

Some questions:

• how old is your daughter?
  • does she want off these drugs?
  • does she understand in order to come off these drugs she's going to have to control her behavior? 
  • is she able to set up an account here and post? 

We are not medical professionals and are not able to help you set up a new drug cocktail. We can only give advice for tapering off these drugs. 

Has she already started taking any of those drugs? 

My daughter is 26 years old ..yes she wants to come off the drugs..she is right now not in a position to join this group though..her doctor feels she is being resistant to drugs and she might become unresponsive to meds soon..she also said my daughter would need to be on drugs throughout her life😟

we started her first dose yesterday and there has been no improvement..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

If she's going to go on that cocktail of drugs, please have her work with her doctor.

Once she is stable and can post for herself or at least understand that she needs to control her behavior so she isn't re-drugged, please let us know. 

For now, though, if she's going back on drugs, since we aren't medical professionals here, we cannot help her. 

• Moderator Emeritus

The Mad in America Provider Directory contains resources for finding providers who are informed on tapering these drugs and the use of alternatives to drugs. I found a place you may wish to contact on behalf of your daughter:

Mad in America - Provider Directory - India

If they are not located near where you live in India, you could ask if they know of providers in your area. 

I went cold turkey after a high dosage of Zoloft for 3 years. The worst of my withdrawals were the first two weeks. I felt “zaps” throughout my body. Thankfully I had coworkers to help me with advice. I also was working out, and dairy free and gluten free. I was off for about 2 years, until I decided to go back on because I got off my healthy routine and was in school and stress and anxiety got the best of me. I found Paxil and Wellbutrin and I’ve been good ever since. But I want off the drugs because I eventually want kids and don’t want to risk any birth defects. Now seeking the best way to get off without severe withdrawals. 

2016-Current: 40mg Paxil (Evening), 150mg Welbutrin (Morning).

2014-2016: No Medicine. Gluten free Dairy Free Diet.

2010-2014: Neurontin 900mg 3 x Day. 100mg Zoloft.

2009-2010: (not sure of dosages) Focalin. Trazadone. 

2009: Trazadone (high dosages) 3 months. 

2003-2009: Smoked Weed and drank alcohol on weekly basis.

1986: Year I was born. 

Sure thanks Shep!! We are just worried how difficult it is going to wean off these drugs..her doctor has given so many different meds and is now suggesting we give her the injection form that is long acting..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

Update-

We have reinstated her drug..We know we are poly drugging her now.. But we have decided to go by her doctor's advice to get her stable first.. And then we plan to start with the 10% taper once she becomes stable..

@Altostrata Great Video Madam..

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

On 4/14/2019 at 1:31 AM, Myrah said:

My daughter is 26 years old ..yes she wants to come off the drugs..she is right now not in a position to join this group though..her doctor feels she is being resistant to drugs and she might become unresponsive to meds soon..she also said my daughter would need to be on drugs throughout her life😟

we started her first dose yesterday and there has been no improvement..

Get her stable first. But to be on these drugs full life is what the pharma wants and not the answer.

Being drug resistant is also not the answer which proves they don't know what the drug will do to the individual.

I was in the phase to hear out these answer and ending up being on "better" drug or " fast " drug and ultimately ended up taking 10+ drugs  with Hit and Trial approach. 

I hope she get stable soon. Wishes

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
On 4/16/2019 at 7:34 PM, Myrah said:

Update-

We have reinstated her drug..We know we are poly drugging her now.. But we have decided to go by her doctor's advice to get her stable first.. And then we plan to start with the 10% taper once she becomes stable..

@Altostrata Great Video Madam..

❤️❤️

I have been on Prozac 20mg for a year and half from June 2013 and then on Paxil 10mg and 20mg for about a year with breaks as I never knew it was withdrawals so every time something was starting to going on with me I was going back on it.

The last stop date was in March 2017 and currently being off anything.

Update she is a lot calmer now but is still hallucinating a lot..able to talk better..her doctor is prescribing the following meds now

400 mg Amisulpride 

25 mg clozapine for 3 days then 50 mg for 4 days and 100 mg after that..

we feel this is too High to go forward with but are confused if we may be doing something wrong to her by not giving ..please pour your advice on this..

Should we see a different doctor?

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

Also her dad has given the above dose today..can we still stop giving Amisulpride tomorrow?its been just one day..please advice

Stopped CT in Nov 2018

Dear friends, has anyone tried TDCS trans cranial direct current simulation-to stop auditory hallucinations? My doctor says it is non invasive and has had very good results and is not like ECT..appreciate your comments and advice

Stopped CT in Nov 2018