Tweet

Neuro loneliness

Tweet

I suffer from bone crushing loneliness. My husband is not the warm fuzzy type either. I am often alone with hardly anyone except cashiers, waitresses, etc. to talk to. My husband just wants to lecture me on letting my mind run away when I want to talk and share my feelings.

I am surviving on talk therapy as my social life. 

Any thoughts or encouragement?

Is this Neuro loneliness? 

Is there such a thing?

Tweet

On the other hand, I guess anyone would be lonely in my situation😪

I have been so miserable for so many months.

Maybe I should reinstate even though it has been about 11 months. 

So much going on. House destroyed in Harvey, living w husband and boys in a cheesy 12x36 building.

Have to go outside in the cold/rain to do #2.

dismal weather, longest winter in memory  when I have s.a.d.

empty nest syndrome....

needhelpguy

Hang in there Tweet, how about joining volunteer corps? It can make you evaluate life in positive way

India

We all share a collective loneliness here. 

Stormstrong

bone crushing loneliness, yes.....

thecowisback

no wonder you're struggling tweet after what you've been through and battling withdrawals on top! it's hard not being able to share our feelings with loved ones. they can't understand what withdrawals are like unless they've been there themselves. come on here and vent as we all know how it feels. i hope you find a permanent home soon xxxx

Tweet

Thanks so much for the words of comfort, all!

My emotions are so unreliable right now.

Some days I'm fine with husband, living situation, etc. Other days I feel like my house is a prison and my husband is the evil jailkeeper. I hate his looks, his sounds, his presence, I don't feel love or trust, and feel so smothered and anxious and alone,  I think I'm going to have a heart attack. I just want OUT 😭!! Then boom the next day or hour I'm like what is the big deal about living situation, I love my husband and feel bad for all those ugly thoughts about him and bad feelings, the sun and butterflies come out again, and I am like who was that person?? So scary.!! Is that withdrawal or am I truly losing my mind???

Does anyone else do that???

Am I NUTS??

Split personality?

Or paws???

Neuro emoting?

thecowisback

paws. i was happy in my life before all this started. now i hate where i live, hate everything about my home and area. i can't be bothered with my house - cleaning and diy have just gone by the board for the last couple of years. i do what's necessary and no more.the whole house needs decorating but i can't do it and don't want to do it as i'm convinced i'm not staying here, even though i have nowhere else to go and was perfectly happy with my home before all this. it's completely crazy and makes no sense whatsoever.

i guess my feelings about my home are like those for your husband. we know it doesn't make sense and will hopefully all go back to normal when this crap is over and done with 🙏🙏🙏

Tweet

Definitely 🙏🙏🙏

Yes! I used to love diy for my home, even this Lil cabin! I had no problem with it before withdrawal. I was like, it's a fun challenge to get by in this tiny house!

Now it is a grim and scary place and it feels dark and oppressive most of the time. No desire to clean, fix up. Just a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I return to it. Very weird!

And the loneliness consumes me even when my sons and husband are home with me too. So crazy. 

I have thought, maybe the house thing is because such suffering has taken place there. Kind of a paws PTSD reaction?

thecowisback

could be. i can't get my head round it. before this is something needed doing i'd just get the drill or hammer and nails out and fix it. now i'm terrified to tackle anything as i'm convinced the job will go badly wrong. i have no idea how i ever put up shelves or decorated before all this happened as the thought of doing these things now fill me with horror.

my family get sick of me moaning about how much i hate this house and nagging them to move. they day i'll still have the same thoughts in my head wherever i move to and i know they're right because i loved my home before all this started.

i'm sorry you're going through the same thing 😧 none of it makes any sense at all 😭

Tweet

That's what my husband says too! And he is right, and I know he is! I can't be happy living anywhere and when I think about that my anxiety skyrockets! Anyway I feel better knowing it is probably paws and that you know what I am taking about.😊

thecowisback

💙

Adili13

My girlfriend of almost 3 years left me a few months ago. That combined with withdrawal has given me the most profound loneliness I’ve ever experienced. Sometimes, when I’m with friends, I’ll just put my arm on them or something to feel less alone. They’re ok with it and know it serves a purpose. 

Tweet

So sorry to hear about your having a break-up during withdrawal. 

It is good that your friends are understanding. 

A new life awaits you on the other side of your suffering and loneliness.

I personally can feel intensely lonely even in my husband’s arms.

Like so many other horrific symptoms it makes no sense at all.

But it will probably fade and then disappear with time like all the others. 

Adili13

Thanks tweet! I couldn’t agree more. I think your feelings will come back for your husband. That kind of numbness is so common both on the drugs and in withdrawal. Pretty much every story I’ve read says it goes away with time. Patience for all of us :)

Tweet

Yes, patience. 

Sure could use some neuro-patience right now lol.

So glad to hear that encouragement about the feelings.

Thank you!🙂

powerback

Hi @tweet I read your post about your "meltdown".my own thoughts never leave me alone but im getting better very slowly at not reacting ,its so hard what happens to us.you need to work on the guilt and shame part  in this.we get so hard on ourselves because we are living with an invisible condition .maybe educate your family so they can understand whats going on .because we are constantly worrying how we affect our loved ones.

Anxiety is a big thing here .maybe it be good to plan out your days so as you have no surprises ,I used to enjoy cooking ,these days its a chore .if someone else is in the kitchen it distracts me so when im bad I do my cooking around everyone else's .

Maybe sandwiches made the night before to have ready ,its all about relieving pressure on yourself and lets not forget you have 2 sons also ,maybe its time to give yourself credit .[I find this hard to find myself a lot].

Take care.

Sorry I thought this was your thread.